24

Back To You

 

 

Narrator

 

Minho closed his eyes briefly as his father and him settled inside the private dining hall. Minah and Sehun were seated across him with the Kang elders.

“Sorry for the trouble, Geumsan.” His father said to his friend.

“It’s okay, Byunghee-ah.” Mr. Kang nodded.

Minah winced and looked at Minho. Minho could only shrug at her.

“Actually, whatever you two did yesterday helped the venture project.” Mr. Choi started.

“I apologize for that, President Choi~”

“No, it’s fine Miss Kang. Because of this, we have found a way to improve our project’s popularity easily and effectively.”

Minah’s mother looked at the two men.

“What do you mean?” Minho asked.

“When the article was released all over the news, you two have become the top searched couple.”

Minah’s brows furrowed.

“Resulting to more attention and interest directed to our project.” Mr. Kang finished.

“Then..why?” Minah blinked.

“We made a decision that you two should play along with the gossip.”

“What?!” Minho looked up.

Minah frowned.

“It’s not big deal for you two, most likely you two will be always together by next month for the construction in Jeju.” Mister Choi said.

“So you’re saying that…Meens and Minho will have to pretend as a couple?” Sehun finally spoke.

The two elders nodded enthusiastically.

 

The elders left the room after talking, the Choi side were to affirm about the relationship while the Kangs were to release and official statement.

Minah side and rubbed her temples as the doors closed.

“Well, I guess that’s my call.” Sehun said as he pushed back his chair, Minah’s hand shot up to his arm.

“Sehun-ah~”

“I cant help you with this Meens.” Sehun said as he glanced at Minho briefly and stood up.

“I’ll be at my office.” He said before stepping out.

Minho looked up from his seat and looked at Minah.

“I’m sorry I got ourselves dragged into this.” He said.

Minah shook her head.

“It’s okay. You did help me escape that…date.” She replied, her brows furrowing.

“Well, should we do it?” Minho asked.

“In business terms?” Minah managed a small smile. Minho chuckled and stood up.

“If you’re not comfortable with it, I can ask~”

“No, it’s fine. Since it doing the project good, let’s just do it.” Minah nodded, Minho stopped right in front of her and offered his hand.

“To our pretend relationship, Na.”

Minah shook her head and shook his hand.

 

After the meeting with the Chois, Minah had headed home. She was annoyed how some reporters had gathered in front of her complex wanting to interview her about her relationship- fake relationship with Choi Group’s heir.

She rubbed her temples as she dropped her bag on the couch and walked to the kitchen.

She was about to get herself some water when,

“You have a lot of things to explain, Kang Minah.”

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++