5

Back To You

 

 

Narrator

 

Minah arrived home and she wasn’t feeling well. She tossed her bag on the couch and went to get a glass of cold water from her fridge.

Memories from the past began to come back to her.

She ran her fingers through her hair.

She put the glass down and headed up to her room.

 

“Can you drive yourself home? I need to go.” Kai asked Hyojeong.

“It’s fine. You go ahead.” Hyojeong smiled at him and gave him a peck on the cheek.

Kai gave her a smile and began to walk to his car.

Hyojeong watched as he left.

“Did your boyfriend leave already?” Minho walked to her.

“He has some things to finish oppa.” She smiled.

“Ya, don’t you trust him too much?” Key nudged her. Hyojeong smiled.

“Kai’s….someone I can trust, oppa. ”

 

Minah was dressed in black running pants and a racer back top as she jogged around the neighborhood, she didn’t mind the time, it was almost midnight and the streets were empty.

She just needed to clear her mind of everything.

Whatever had happened earlier bothered her greatly.

She took deep breaths as she reached another lap, then a black Maybach Exelero stopped in front of her.

Minah stopped and wiped the sweat on her forehead, Kai stepped down from his car. He looked at her, Minah just shook her head at him.

Before Kai could move, Minah walked to him and wrapped her arms around his neck.

“I know, but it’s okay Meens, you defended yourself. You’re safe now.” Kai assured as he rubbed her back. Minah shook her head as she buried her face on his shirt.

“You’re safe now, don’t worry.” Kai murmured again. Minah just closed her eyes.

Kai frowned as he tightened his arms around her.

 

Minah was back to her usual self as she stepped in her office clad in a sleeveless coatdress.

“Director, the people from Choi Group are waiting in the conference room.” Her secretary informed her as she put her phone down.

“Okay, I’ll be there in a few. Thank you for telling me.”

 

Minho was sitting inside a vast meeting room with modern deisgns with the two directors from their company.

“I heard about this lady, she’s very smart.” Director Park said.

“I read an article about her, she’s a good leader.”

Minho didn’t say anything. Now that he was about to meet the famous Kang Minah he started to think about what Key and Jonghyun told him.

They called her the dragon lady of the business world.

Minho was a little skeptical of that title.

Then the doors opened, a young lady around his age walked in flanked with two men in crisp suits

Then he grew more skeptical. She was just too young and beautiful.

She looked delicate to him.

Minho and the two directors stood up to greet Minah.

“I’m sorry to have kept you waiting. I’m Kang Minah.” Minah shook Minho’s hand with a cool smile.

“Nice to meet you, I’m Choi Minho.”

“I have heard a lot about you, Director Choi. We will be working with Director Oh and Manager Im.”

Minho nodded and greeted the two men. Minah sat down.

“We have looked at your plans for the venture. Most of it, the board approved but there are some things we would like to discuss.” Her tone was serious and business-like.

“Please speak freely.” Minho nodded.

“We checked some of the facilities, there are some that are lacking. And some are just too much.” Minah continued.

“We can change that in time before the construction starts.” Minho nodded.

“Then, that’s good then.”

Both sides took out contracts.

Sehun lifted his pen and signed his name. Minho did the same.

Minah took the pen from her cousin and quickly signed her name.

“In this project I hope we’ll work together well, Director Kang and Director Oh.” Minho said as everyone stood up.

“We must. Then, our company has prepared lunch for you and your other colleagues. Manager Im will show you the way.” Sehun said. Minah gave him a quick nod before exiting the room.

Sehun joined as Minho and the others walked to the elevator.

“May I ask you something?” Minho looked at the other male.

Sehun nodded.

“You checked the site before discussing it with us, do you not tend to implement any changes about that~”

“Sehun-ah, the chairman’s looking for you.” Minah was walking to them.

“You can take the call, I’ll them instead. It seems urgent.”

Sehun nodded and excused himself.

“I’m sorry, I’ll join you for lunch, director Oh’s busy.” Minah said to him. Minho glanced at her briefly.

Minho was about to speak, when suddenly a man in a suit was rushing to Minah.

“Director Kang, something has happened. At our Suwon branch~”

“I’m in a meeting right now, cant you see? You can directly go to Director Oh or call the main office.” Minah said.

“But~”

“Meens, it’s Kai.” Sehun was looking at her from the down hall and his expression was shaken.

Minah’s eyes widened, she suddenly had a gut feeling something wrong had happened. Then she turned to Minho.

“I apologize, but my secretary will guide you to your lunch. I really apologize for this, Mister Choi.”

“It’s okay.” Minho could only nod as he tried to place the name “Kai”.

With that Minah left and headed for the elevator.

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++