7

Back To You

 

Narrator

 

The young man grinned at her widely.

“How’s it going Meens?”

“I’m doing well, come on in, oppa.” She grinned at the male and made way for him.

“I’m surprised you’re not out with Kai, don’t you usually~”

“Don’t talk about him yet, I’m pissed at that playboy.”

Suho grinned and settled on the couch.

“Since when did you arrive?” Minah asked.

“Two days ago, we’re neighbors now, Meens.”

“You moved in the complex? But technically you’re the landlord of this place.”

Suho’s family owned a number of apartments and condominiums in the country.

“Yeah, I’m just a floor down, so how’s Kai doing? Why are you so pissed?”

“Well, he’s dating someone, steadily. And he got in an accident. But he’s fine. But still.”

Suho smiled.

The three of them grew up together, but Suho had to leave the country for further studies.

“Dating steadily? We’re talking about Kai right?”

Minah chuckled.

“I guess we are.”

 

“You’re leaving?” Kai snapped as he sat up from his hospital bed, he winced a little as he looked at his arm, which was in a cast.

“I’ll be back in two days. When will you get discharged?” Minah’s cool voice could be heard from the other line.

“This afternoon. What will you be doing at Jeju?” He asked.

“The site for the hotel with Choi Group is at Jeju, Jongin.”

Kai smiled.

“And, Suho oppa’s back, he wants to eat out together some time.”

“Really? That’s good, Meens.”

“Don’t Meens me, you and I still need to talk. Be careful with your arm.”

“I know, I love you too.”

Minah grunted and ended the call. Kai smiled and put his phone down.

“I…really do.” He whispered.

 

Minho fixed his coat’s lapels as he walked in the airport.

“Good morning, mister Choi.” It was Minah’s secretary who greeted him.

Minho gave her a quick smile and walked in the private lounge.

He found Minah, reading the day’s paper with her legs crossed, beside her was a cup of warm black coffee.

Minho shook his head as he remembered what he heard about her from his friends.

“Good morning, Minah-ssi.” He said politely, Minah looked up.

“Oh, good morning, Mr. Choi.”

Mr. Choi.

Minho flinched; now he realized why she easily intimidated some people.

She was an ice princess.

 

Hyojeong looked away from her phone, which was ringing endlessly. Kai had been trying to contact her since the day they had an argument.

She felt hurt that Kai didn’t even make an effort to lie better to his parents about her.

But what hurt her most is that he lied about her when he could have just introduced her straightly.

But he didn’t.

Hyojeong shook her head.

She was disappointed him, she loved Kai but she wasn’t comfortable with lying to his parents.

 

“What part of I want it by this week did you not understand, miss Lee?” Minah asked in her usual flat voice over the phone.

She was speaking with the head of the Finance department.

The employee winced from the other line.

“I’m—sorry, ma’am. But we had so much things scheduled~”

“If everything in this world can be fixed by reasoning, do you think it would become better?” She asked stoically.

“I’m sorry, director.”

Minah sighed and rubbed her temples.

“I want you to tell Director Oh to contact me as soon as I land in Jeju.” She said before placing her phone down.

 

Minho was watching her the whole time.

He knew already that she was good in her job, but he never saw what made her be so good at it.

Even though she was very annoyed, she never lost her temper or raised her voice. Kang Minah had discipline and control.

Minho smiled to himself and shook his head.

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++