luna's acquaintance

Infinitum

 chapter eight 

 luna's acquaintance

 

________________________________________

 

Luna sighed as she watched her friends gathered around everywhere. She knew it was going to come to this sooner or later. But she had hoped that it was later rather than sooner. Even Amber. Amber. The person she thought she knew and understood, but guess not. Everyone always left her in the end. Someone scooted next to her and she faced him. He gave a shy smile and spoke up.

 

"I'm sorry for earlier." He said slowly. Luna looked at him with curiosity. It was the guy who crashed with her when she tried escaping the singing room. Her head was actually feeling better. This must've been the speediest recovery she'd had since a long time.

 

"It's fine." She said, finally taking her eyes off of him. She found him attractive, in a strange way. 

"No, it's not. Let me make it up to you." He said, still checking if she really was okay. 

"It's not necessary." Luna said as she pretend to be rummaging throuhg her backpack and look for something.

 

"Fine, I'll meet you at Bou'jae at seven o' clock tonight." He stood up and went back to Minho's table, where Sulli was at. Luna sat there, trying to process what just happened. A jock just asked her on a date. Well, she didn't want to assume that it was a date. He was only trying to apologize, nothing special really. She couldn't help feeling happy that someone like a jock would notice her. The bell rung and clouded her thoughts. She groaned, picked up her books, and marched off to her next class.

--

Luna hopped out of her seat and raced towards the door. Never had she felt so relieved to leave a classroom. Sure, it was the first day, but she had fallen asleep in math class. Like it's ever going to be a use in real life in the future. She looked at her schedule. Science was her last class of the day. Great, she wanted to end the day anyways. She entered the science room, which was mostly occupied of skeletons and frogs and living creatures of all sort. She made a face and found an empty seat in the corner. Luna sat down and was not surprised that no one wanted to sit next to her.

 

She took her phone out of her backpack and started playing games on it. It wasn't like her usual self to break the school rules, but she didn't feel like herself today. She clicked on her favorite game and started playing it. The objective of the game was to save the princess. Luna, of course, had played this over one hundred times, but never got bored of it. She smiled as she jumped on a troll and crossed the troll bridge. Suddenly, a hand grasped her phone and she gasped. She shot her head up and saw the guy from before.

 

Not only had she not noticed him in her class before, but now, she noticed that the whole class was staring at her. She facepalmed herself and groaned quietly.

 

"Well, it looks like we're off to a great start of a new school year." A man, who Luna assumed was the teacher, said sarcastically. "You are allowed to get your phone back at the end of class." He said an started taking roll. The guy who took her phone set it on the teacher's desk and sat down next to her.

 

"Don't tell me, you have this class with me..." Luna shut her eyes and bit her lip.

"No, I wasn't. I'm actually the teacher's assistant for this class." He said matter-of-factly. Luna nodded, not really caring.

"Are you mad that I caused you to crash on the floor?" He chuckled as he faced forward toward the board. Luna made a pouty face a punched him on his arm. To her surprise, he was actually more masculine than he looked.

"Hurts doesn't it?" He smirked and stopped talking.

 

Luna was bored in science too. They had to do a warm-up exercise to get to know science more. Her eyes were about to shut when the bell rang. Her eyelids fluttered opened and she grabbed her books to exit the classroom. As she got out of the classroom, an arm pulled her back. It was the football player again.

 

"You haven't forgot about our date right?" He asked as the girls that walked passed looked at Luna with envy.

"So it's a date now?" Luna asked, trying hard to make her face look as if she just ate a lemon. "Whatever. See ya' around." She shrugged and walked away, but he was quick enough to block her path.

 

"And what will I call you when that happens?" He raised his eyebrows. She widen her eyes.

"Luna." She said. "Now will you get out of my way?" He nodded and walked away. 

 

Strange as it was, she wasn't looking forward to their 'date.'

 

________________________________________

 

 author's note 

» LUNA MADE A NEW FRIENDS. /sobs a river