victoria's motto

Infinitum

 chapter two 

 victoria's motto

 

________________________________________

 

Sitting on the red bench in front of the school, Victoria slowly pouted. Where were they? They were three minutes late. Victoria was very critical on a day like today. She stomped on foot on the ground and sighed. She knew she was being a little impatient but she didn't want to miss a second of their first day at high school. People were starting to arrive as Victoria played with her fingers.

 

"Vic unnie!" Victoria stopped twirling her hands and turned to look for Sulli. She was sure that was her. Suddenly, she felt two arms around her tummy. A gasp escaped her parted lips. Victoria peeked down behind her and looked down and saw Sulli, with Krystal standing awkwardly behind her. Sulli quickly let go and jumped up and down.

 

"Yah! Did you guys know that you're late!" Victoria raised her voice to full blast. Sulli quickly ran and hid behind Krystal.

This time it was Krystal's turn to speak up.

 

"How do you expect us to wake up at 6:30..." Krystal bit her lip and  stared at Victoria's shoes and then at her own. Victoria suddenly had a pang of guilt hit her.

 

"I'm sorry," she walked over and put an arm on Krystal's shoulder, "I didn't mean to yell. I just wanted us to spend the first together as much as possible." Victoria's hand slowly patted Krystal. Krystal nodded and gave a small smile.

 

Sulli walked out from behind Krystal and sighed.

 

"Minho oppa called me this morning and we webcammed." Sulli said through the wind. Victoria's eyebrows raised.

"Speaking of your oppa..." Victoria's blonde hair flew through the wind as she spoke and looked past Sulli. Sulli turned around and saw a  group of jocks walked in their direction. Her lips curved into a big smile.

 

"Oppa!" Sulli ran up to the group of jocks and jumped on her brother. Minho smiled and hugged her back while spinning her around. 

One of the jocks started snickering, and Minho playfully punched his shoulder. Sulli laughed.

 

Victoria watched with awe. She was amazed at the way Sulli and Minho bonded. They were exactly how siblings should be. Victoria didn't want to leave Sulli so she sat down next to Krystal on the bench.

 

"Give it time. They probably miss each other a lot." Krystal nudged Victoria and Victoria lightened up. She shouldn't be worried about Sulli. She was going to be all right, but even though Victoria tells herself that, she kept glancing back at Sulli.

 

"You don't have to worry about her." Krystal reminded Victoria after seeing Victoria's glances at Sulli.

 

After a while, Minho and his friends left as Sulli came frolicking back. She looked happy and flustered at the same time. Victoria watched her in curiosity. What had her brother told her? Why was she so happy all of a sudden.

 

"YAH!" Krystal, Victoria, and Sulli gave a little jumped and turned to see who it was. Of course, Luna and Amber had arrived.

 

"Why are you guys so late?!" Victoria went on full blast again. Sulli and Krystal started laughing at her. Luna was taken back by surprise and tried to explain. Amber just sat there, clutching her skateboard with one arm. 

 

By that time, a whole mass of people were starting to arrive. One of the boy the passed by, Victoria noticed, eyed Krystal with admiration.

 

Victoria felt very uncomfortable. And it wasn't because the guy was eyeing Krystal. It started before when Minho came and started talking to Sulli. She didn't like that someone could come and snatch one of her best friends away from her like that. She knew she was being selfish and it wasn't right, but she knew what she had to do.

 

She was going to protect them.

 

________________________________________

 

 author's note 

» Rushed chapter. ):