victoria's confrontation

Infinitum

 chapter thirtyone 

 victoria's confrontation

 

________________________________________

 

Victoria tapped her fingers on the table as she waited. Today was the day that she was going to tell Krystal everything.

"Krystal, I have to tell you something. No, that's too straight forward. Krystal, how have you been? That sounds too-"

"Unnie." Krystal interrupted Victoria practicing to herself. Victoria looked up at Krystal and blinked.

"Hey, sit down." Victoria faked a smile. She felt very nervous for some reason. She never told off her girls for anything bad. It was always because they got themselves in trouble, or if she knew about someone talknig bad about them, but this time it would be different.

 

"I'm glad you picked this place. The smoothies here are the bomb!" Krystal's smile was super wide as she said this. She waved to a waiter to take her order.

"One Jjang Bomb Lychee Milk Tea, and..oh unni, what do you want?" Krystal looked at Victoria. Victoria bit her lip, and stared at the menu.

 

Victoria's mind boggled at the menu. It was like reading a foreign language. Well, it was a foreign language to Victoria, but she didn't pay attention. It was all Krystal and Donghae in her head, but she knew Krystal had a reason. But it couldn't have been, mayber her cheer friends were gossiping as always.

 

"One Trester Sandwich please. Thank you." Victoria nodded at the waiter and he walked away.

"Woah, what is this unnie, eating carbs after 3? Tsk tsk."  Krystal laughed. Victoria showed a small smile. Still, after she felt betrayed by Krystal, she couldn't hate her.

 

"Why Krystal? Why did you do it?" Victoria looked down at the table, and saw a water droplet fall on it. Why was she crying? It wasn't like Victoria to break down so easily in front of one of her girls.

 

"Unnie, what's wrong?" Krystal lifted Victoria's head up to face head.

"I heard about you and Donghae. How he cheated on Jessica because of you. How he was selfish and played two girls because of you. How Minho's heart was broken because of you. How Sulli is in a hole because of you. How the cheerleaders are in a wack because of you. Why is it all because of you?" Victoria just let it all out. 

 

Krystal sat there in silence as tears continued rolling down Victoria's cheeks. She had just told Krystal all that has been stressing her, yet she didn't know if she felt relief or hurt even more. It was such a new thing to Victoria to confront one of her girls.

 

Krystal suddenly spoke up.

 

"I know I bring the worst out of people, so I decided to stop by existing in their lives. I told Donghae straight up. I ended it with Minho, and told him the truth. I rejected Hyoyeon's offer. I apologized to Sulli. Also, I got a slap from Jessica, but I'm fine now."

 

Victoria's anger turned into an emotion she'd never felt before. Krystal had done all that, before Victoria had talked to her.

 

"And also, I'm dropping out of the talent show." 

 

Victoria's anger came back in an instant. She couldn't believe what she had just heard. Did Krystal just say she was dropping out of the talent show?

 

"You're what?!" Victoria raised her voice and stood up. Krystal looked down at the table.

"I'm dropping out. I don't want to be a burden to anyone anymore. I just can't do this." Krystal breathed out every word like it was nothing. Victoria's words were caught in . 

 

"Krystal..." Victoria seemed to be talking to herself.

"Your drinks are ready." The waiter stood next to Victoria and placed the drinks and food on the table.

 

Victoria stared at the waiter. "She's paying." She took a look at Krystal and stormed out of the cafe.

________________________________________

 

 author's note 

» It's been over 2 weeks since an update, I'm so sorry!