amber's unbirthday

Infinitum

 chapter thirty 

 amber's unbirthday

 

________________________________________

 

Amber saw Luna from across the football field and smiled. She ran up to Luna but stopped halfway. Luna was talking to someone. L.Joe. Of course, her unofficial boyfriend or whatever they are in the relationship.

 

Amber trudged along the grassy field and didn't look where she was going.

"Ambs, you okay?" Amber looked up. Sulli.

"Fine." Amber tightened her lips and sat down in a corner where the loners would usually sit. She bit her lip.

 

Just yesterday, she had witnessed something she wished she hadn't.

--

[Background music]

It was a beautiful night for a walk. Amber quickly walked out of the orphanage house and ran to the park. Luna had texted her earlier saying she was playing baseball there. Amber smiled as she saw Luna around the corner of the building, but she wasn't alone.

 

Amber approached her slowly and saw it was L.Joe. They were wiping each other's face. All of a sudden, it felt as if someone had just thrown a dagger through her heart. Because Amber was not straight, this was how it ended. Because Luna couldn't fall for her. Because L.Joe came along and swept her off her feet. Because they had just kissed. And Amber had witnessed it all.

--

She didn't want to lie to herself and say she didn't know why she was crying. She knew. She knew it well. Amber bit her lip harder to surpress the pain.

 

At the same time, Krystal was walking by when she saw Amber.

 

"Amber!" Krystal quickly sat down next to Amber and hugged her. Amber has never cried so much in her entire life. She felt so small as her head rested on Krystal's shoulder.

 

"What's wrong?" Krystal asked. Amber continued crying.

"How do you feel when you see Donghae with Jessica?" Amber asked through her sobs. Krystal remained quiet. Amber lifted her head up and looked at Krystal in the eye.

 

"I know, I really do know, Krystal. I see it in your eyes. I notice." Amber nodded. Krystal bit her lip.

"Who is this guy? I'll kick his ." Krystal had her game face on.

 

"It's fine." Amber smiled. "Thank you."

"For what?" Krystal's eyes widen.

 

"I know we haven't been on the same boat for a couple of years now, and I'm sorry I didn't make an effort to get closer to you. I just don't know. I remember you being this weak, fragile girl that visited my orphange. And you would come everyday to play with me. You were the first friend I ever made. And I was and still am really grateful to you. You always make an effort to talk to me but I seem to ignore your existence. Thank you, for being my friend." Amber stopped crying by now. In fact, she was smiling.

 

Krystal's face flushed red and she smiled back. She leaned in a bit and kissed Amber on the cheek.

 

________________________________________

 

 author's note 

» I feel like I'm imitating a drama or something, haha.