amber's wreck

Infinitum

 chapter eleven 

 amber's wreck

 

________________________________________

 

"So he's going to meet me here at seven, and you're going to make sure that nothing goes wrong." Luna made hand gestures. Amber nodded. They were at a fancy restaurant, where Luna is having her date. Amber felt really happy. It was  unexpected, but it was a jock. Someone had finally noticed Luna.

 

Luna had told Amber to come along with her to her date. So Amber could sit from afar and watch them incase something happens. Amber was shocked by the news of Luna having a date, but she wasn't going to miss Luna's first date. This was an even that was important to Amber. Luna told Amber to sit at a table once her 'date' chooses a seat. They stood by the door of the restaurant, waiting.

 

As they waited, Amber began examining Luna. She was the most beautiful person in Amber's eyes. And the fact that she wore a dress tonight, proved it.

 

"I know I look weird. Stare all you want." Luna rolled her eyes. Amber laughed.

"You look gorgeous." Amber locked her eyes on Luna. Luna flushed red.

 

"What's his name?" Amber wondered. Who was this football player who had noticed Luna? It couldn't be Minho, could it? But then again, Minho was a jock who knew them.

"I have no idea." Luna shrugged. "I just know he's blonde. And kind of goodlooking..."

"Kind of? Are you sure about that?" Amber nudged her and laughed.

"Yeah, he's like one of those try-hards." She said and played with her fingers.

 

Sounds of chatter erupted from around the corner. Luna and Amber turned their heads. It was a groupd of guys. Amber's insides turned. Is this that jerk's idea of a date? Bringing all of his friends along? This was just another trap for Luna, to make fun of her telling her why she had expected a jock would want to go out with her. Amber tugged on the hem of Luna's dress. Luna turned back to Amber.

 

"We should leave." Luna could see concern in Amber's eyes. She patted Amber's arm.

"It's fine. I'll stand up to them." Amber face Luna again. She wouldn't let Luna face them alone. A lot of guys had tried tricking Luna and maing fun of her but Amber had always gotten Luna out of it. But now these jerks were here, and Luna wanted to stay.

 

"Luna!" The blonde guy waved. Apparently, there were two blonde guys, but the one that waved looked like a trouble maker. Amber had a bad feeling about this.

"You invited someone without telling us first?" Minho kept his voice calm, but smacked the blonde guy on the head. The group of jocks erupted in laughter.

 

"You're lucky I know her, so I'll let it slide." Minho said and entered the restaurant. 

"Let's go!" The blonde guy put his arm around Luna and she winced. His arm was as hard as a boulder. Amber kept a close eye on them.

 

Sulli is sure to notice Luna, Amber warned herself. Sure enough, Sulli was frolecking behind the whole group. Amber quickly turned away and stared at the tree next to her so Sulli wouldn't notice her. It hadn't occur to Amber to bring her cap. After Sulli entered, Amber waited a bit before entering after them.

 

Amber found an empty table in the corner, just where she could watch Luna and the blonde guy. There wasn't anything weird, at first. They all laughed and ate, but Luna. Luna smiled very little and felt uncomfortable. Amber had the urge to pull out a gun and shoot them. The blonde guy tried starting a conversation but resulted with Luna hitting him. Sulli and Luna looked at each other a few times, but that was all. Sulli suddenly turned her head. Her eyes interlocked with Amber. Amber felt her blood drained from her face. Sulli had seen her.

 

She quickly turned back to her football friends and started talking again. Amber let out a sigh. Suddenly, the door of the restuarant opened. Amber turned to see who had entered. She felt chills creeping up the back of her spine.

 

There, Krystal and Jessica, along with her ex-boyfriend, entered. Krystal locked eyes with Amber. Amber turned away to look at Luna, who was keeping an eye on Sulli. But Sulli was just staring at Krystal.

 

It seems like reality is taking a detour.
 

________________________________________

 

 author's note 

» Okay, so they're like in a staring square. I just wanted to make it intense. I'll update soon!