luna's intrepidity

Infinitum

 chapter three 

 luna's intrepidity

 

________________________________________

 

Luna walked on the side of Amber as they walked side by side into the school. She noticed, as always, that guys everywhere were gazing at Krystal who was standing in the middle. Her heart sank a little. She was use to this, guys always staring and admiring her friends, especially Krystal, but somehow she didn't like it. She was always in the shadow, and no one ever noticed her. She was the always the person to come save the day, but the girls never took heart at her. And sometimes she wondered that if she suddenly disappeared, would anyone care to go looking for her?

 

She got that thought out of her head and continued walking on the outside, like always. Her eyes did a little roll and she continued following her girls. They walked on until the could see the whole school.

 

"Woah..." They said in unison as they looked all around and up at the school buildings. She marveled at the cheerleaders doing their flips and turns on the grass area. She took note that Victoria was doing the same thing. She grabbed Victoria's arm and dragged her towards the cheerleaders. Victoria resisted and planted her feet on the ground. Luna gave up and decided to sit down at a lunch table. She stared at the circular table. Vcitoria sat next to her and the rest followed and soon they were sat in a circle. Luna sighed.

 

"So what classes are you guys going to take?" Sulli smiled and asked. Luna flinched.

"Ssul, we've talking about this all summer. And now you ask?' Amber raised her eybrows and Krystal laughed.

 

"Of course, we all have to take those 4 major classes." Victoria said matter-of-factly. Sulli's face was completely blank.

"Math, Biology, Language, History, and we get to choose one or two extra classes, which will decide our place in society." Victoria blabbered. Luna, of course, knew all of this by heart. Sulli's oppa had told them last year when they were in eighth grade. She memorized every school club and cliques that are in high school.

 

"We all know that Victoria's joining cheerleading, and Krystal is joining fashion designing." Luna spoke, not knowing what to say after this. Victoria looked over at her and began to speak.

 

"And what are you gonna do Lulu?" Luna flinched again. She hated them calling her that, but restrained doing anything against it.

"I don't know yet." Luna simply answered. She wasn't good at anything, besides singing, her best friends knew that. But she refused to join chorus. She mentally slapped herself for having a bad case of stage fright.

 

"What about Ssul?" Amber asked, clutching her skateboard. Luna looked down at the table as Sulli smiled.

"It's a surprise!" She said jumping up and down on her seat. She faced Amber.

 

"What about you?" She nudged Amber under the table. Luna rolled her eyes. Of course Amber would go where a group of guys would be. She was the most tomboyish out of the group, but she made it so obviouis that she wanted to join the skater dudes. Amber was going to answer until the bell rang. Luna said goodbyes to her girls and they parted ways.

 

Luna took a map from the directory station and stared at it while walking in circles. She didn't know what class she wanted to take first. As she walked past a room, she heard a piano playing. She backtracked and peeked into the room.

 

There was a man playing the piano while talking to the students who standing in rows next to him. Suddenly, they started to sing warm ups. Luna bit down on her lower lips hard. She wanted to join them but hada  sinking feeling that she wouldn't follow through their expectations.

 

The man, who Luna assumed was the teacher, continued playing the piano and turned to look at her. He gave her a hand gesture, telling her to come in. Luna quickly shook her head, and swiftly turned around to walk away.

 

As soon as she did that, she bumped into somebody and they both landed on the ground. The students in the hallway just walked around them. Luna felt her head start to hurt. She put her hand on her forehead to ease the pain. Then, there was a hand infront of her, trying to help her up. She looked up to see who she had bumped into. To her surprise, it was one of Sulli's oppa's friend.

 

"Sorry." He quickly bent down to pick up her map and list of clubs and classes. "It was my fault." Luna grabbed her books back, her head still aching from the bump.

 

"It's fine." She said and slowly walked away. Her head was still aching. It must've been the friction of her head hurting that made her step up to join a class she'd never thought she'd join.

________________________________________

 

 author's note 

» Guess who she bumped into? (;