luna's mixed feelings

Infinitum

 chapter twentyeight 

 luna's mixed feelings

 

________________________________________

 

Luna cringed as L.Joe picked dirt out of his fingernails. It disgusted Luna yet she found it normal at the same time.

"This is your fault." L.Joe groaned as he continued cleaning his fingernails.

"How is my fault?!" Luna scrunched her nose and kicked dirt onto his face accidently.

"You know what, let's actually start to play." L.Joe chuckled slightly and handed Luna the bat. Luna just stared at it as if she had never seen a bat her whole life.

 

"Thanks." Luna smiled nervously. She didn't want to admit that she'd never played baseball before. Of course she has watched it before, but never played. How am I suppose to hold the bat? Of course, she would never ruin her pride in front of L.Joe.

 

"You ready!" L.Joe shouted from his pit. Luna watched him stretch and gulped. She took a deep breath, and held out her bat, but L.Joe didn't throw and just stared at her.

L.Joe walked towards Luna and dropped the ball in front of her. There was a hitch in her breath as she felt L.Joe's arms wrapped around hers.

 

L.Joe seem to have said something her but she didn't pay attention. She was too focused on that fact that as her back moved farther away from his chest, he seemed to be moving closer. 

 

Finally, she gave up trying to move away and just stayed still. His chest was like a rock on her back, but she liked the feeling of him right at her back. Her breathing was very uneven as she felt her heart race. This is wasn't normal. L.Joe was just an annoying person she knew. No one more.

 

"HELLO. LUNA!" Luna woke from her thought as L.Joe knocked on her head. She realized that he was no longer holding her and felt slightly disappointed.

 

"May I throw the ball instead?" Luna asked, not wanting L.Joe to know that she wasn't listening the whole time.

 

That was how the rest of the day went. Luna pitched and L.Joe batted. She was very impressed on how athletic he was, maybe it was because she never saw him doing anything.

 

When the moon came up, L.Joe decided that it was time they should get going from the park. Luna frowned. Why is it that she didn't want to leave this annoying jerk?

 

She stared at his features as they walked in silence. The way his eyes are perfectly shaped when he smiles. The way his teeth seemed to shine in the dark. The way his hair was attractively messy. The way he effortlessly dresses nice. The way he leans back as he walks. The way his lips just slightly part as he talks.

 

Suddenly, she noticed a smudge of dirt on the area right on his cheeks.

"You have something here." With her thumb, she quickly wiped it off, and furiously blushed after she did this and tried looking away.

 

"You have something on your face too." L.Joe said. Luna quickly looked up at him.

"Where?" Luna suddenly became self-consious of herself.

"Right...here." 

 

Lord, he was kissing her and boy, did it feel nice.

________________________________________

 

 author's note 

» Okay, I wrote this chapter while listening to Goodbye Summer. ohgosh, eargasm. ;A;