luna's crash

Infinitum

 chapter thritynine 

 luna's crash

 

________________________________________

 

Luna's fingers were rapidly tapping on her lap. Hesitant at first, but she decided to send him a text, telling him to meet her on her roof top. That was twenty minutes ago. She stared up at the sky and wondered just how on earth she was going to deal with telling him. She suddenly got that nervous feeling in her stomach. She heard his footsteps apporach her and felt him lie down next to her.

 

Luna couldn't decide when to speak up. He didn't seem like he wanted to say anything. For a couple of minutes, they just lie there and looked up at the stars. She knew what she had to do. She had been planning this since yesterday. She'll calmly say it and try not to break out crying.

 

"You're going to break up with me." L.Joe spoke up first, and Luna was surprised. She had put up a strong front but she was too scared to say anything back. "After all those chick flicks you made me watch, I would know."

 

She heard him give a slight chuckle but knew he was just masking his hurt. And that made her want to hurt for him. It wasn't fair. He wasn't suppose to affect her like this when she was the one dumping him. Not the other way around.

 

"I'm sorry." Luna was choking back tears and tried to make it sound sincere as possible without crying. She felt him shift beside her.

 

It was silent for a moment until he spoke up again.

 

"If you ever change your mind, you know where to find me." Luna didn't want to turn and look beside her. She didn't want to see him get up and walk away. With every step he took walking away from her, her heart squeezed tighter.

 

It wasn't until his footsteps died away that she felt herself crying. It went from crying into uncontrollable sobbing. All the stars in the sky became a blurry mess. It reminded her of herself. She was a blurry mess in everyone's view.

 

Maybe it was just her fear. Fear of losing him. Fear like scratches on a pair of glasses, keep people from seeing clearly. It's as if she was the scratch and the pair of glasses. Because for now, she couldn't see a day in her life without L.Joe in it

 

________________________________________

 

 author's note 

» I apologize for taking a long time to update, but it's summer yay!