You'll look good in pink, pumpkin

Atten...tion!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Part Eight


It was so frustrating.


Why do things seem to be against Sungmin whatever happens?


Sure, Yunho talked to him and invited him to the party. Sure, Yunho isn't going with his "ex-girlfriend" to the ball and Sungmin would be there. Sure, he is finally excited about the party, but hell, he couldn't find clothes to wear!


"I can't do this!" He almost screamed as he rummaged through his closet and bags. His four years of stay in the academy had only consisted of casual clothes and of course, military suits. He had a couple of coats but they're not really apt for a winter ball. He sighed in frustration.


Heechul is too skinny for him.


Ryeowook is too short and too thin.


Shindong is obviously too fat.


Eunhyuk, eew, he would not borrow clothes from Eunhyuk even if he's the last person on earth although Sungmin doubts Eunhyuk's clothes would ever be his taste.


Standing up, he walked out of his room. Preliminary examinations and practicums are over and when school resumes in January, drills would be their main focus as well as presentations. Graduating cadets would be very busy until the end of winter on February, so maybe the winter ball is not such a bad thing.


He wrapped the scarf around his neck as he scanned the common bunks of Squadron C.


There were three double-beds in each of them. He looked around, opting to find someone he could ask about clothes.


Kyuhyun suddenly appeared, his boots covered in snow as he hugged himself. He seemed to be too deep in thought. Sungmin smirked. Kyuhyun's too preoccupied which seldom happens. The younger didn't see him still and he followed quietly, purring quietly like a cat behind.


When Kyuhyun reached his bunk, Sungmin mewled and jumped on his back making the younger gasp in surprise and grab his arm before throwing him to bed. Sungmin yelped but landed smoothly. He's better in arm combat than Kyuhyun , something he's proud of.


"Pumpkin!" Kyuhyun seemed surprise as Sungmin sat on the bed, flexing his arms. "Oh my god! I didn't know! I"m sorry, are you hurt?"


Kyuhyun moved closer to him checking his arm for any bruise.


"Duh, Kyu, I'm better at this than you. Shut up. I'm not hurt. Why are you suddenly so alert?" He inquired, the younger heaved a sigh of relief.


"Nothing, I was just getting picked on by those from Squad B." he said. "I though they had followed me to the bunks."

Sungmin noted that. He had to talk to Heechul about bullying once again.


"Where've you been, Kyu?" He asked casually. The Master Sergeant had been missing for the day. Actually, Sungmin was almost used with him creeping out anywhere. "I haven't been seeing you around."


"Oh, I was asked to help in the freshies' review. They still have three more days before the break. Those freshies from Squadron Echo... are diagnosed with ADHD!"


"For real?" Sungmin's eyes widened.


"Haha., I'm kidding pumpkin. Although, that Chanyeol kid was jumping around when I left them at ease. I need to put him on twenty rounds to shut him up but still, his freaking energy won't die."


He nodded. He had supervised the training of the lower batch. There are a number of students who can't seem to stop. Echo is one of the most hyper Squadron there is. He shook his head.


"Winter ball's tomorrow." Sungmin said suddenly. "I don't have anything to wear."


Kyuhyun smiled softly and patted his head. "You can wear a shirt, a coat and pants. It'll be okay. I'm wearing something similar."


Sungmin shrugged and took Kyuhyun's pillow in his arms. "I wanna look good for Yunho." he smiled shyly.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter