I'm doing good with Raptor.

Atten...tion!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Part twenty three


Sungmin was shuffling the papers on his bed. He had been reviewing for the final written exams for a week already and the pressure was on. Ever since he returned from the holidays, they didn't get enough rest in the academy. Just a few more weeks and he’ll graduate, just days more of agony and hell, and he’ll bear the fruit of his hardship.


Graduating cadets sleep at 10 or 11 in the evening and wakes up at 5. The routines became harder and Heechul and Jungsu kept on hanging the drills for the tactical inspection. Sungmin was chosen as one of the front liners in the dance performance and three more from his squad. He really couldn't risk the health of his cadets but he has no choice, practice is top priority.


But the academics and other practicum were still there. Sure he nailed the firing exam and the rifle assembling the previous day but the most crucial is yet to come.


"Civil air patrol and manoeuvring fighter jets." He murmured to himself. If he wanted to replace the buttons on his shoulders to those diamonds before graduating, he has to work his double. He sighed as he closed his notebook. There are three fighter jets assigned and they would be chosen for them by their superiors randomly.


Sungmin had reviewed the Raptor 22A perfectly but the Spirit and Boeing are giving him a headache. Boeing is a reconnaissance craft and he was not interested in it until recently. The specs were good but they were not equipped with a special fighter. Spirit is a bomber, pure bombs, all gears are heavy duty. Taking over it hands-on would be difficult.


He sighed once again. Good thing it was a Sunday tomorrow and Heechul, bless him, postponed their practice. He rolled on his bed, the papers scattering more as he did.


His eyes were closing. It was almost one in the morning and he needed sleep. He promised himself that he'll be sleeping the whole day. He won't go out for exercise or for breakfast, lunch, He'll eat at dinner. He needed sleep.


"Pumpkin?" The words came right before a knock and Sungmin sat up in alarm, his eyes opening wide as he turned to the door, his hair sticking out everywhere. Kyuhyun was smiling at him and Sungmin didn’t find it creepy at all.


No, not anymore. Okay, maybe a little.


Kyuhyun and him... well, they're becoming incredibly close and Kyuhyun was clingier than ever. They were acting like couples... almost. And they were inseparable.


"Kyu..." He smiled. Girly Sungmin would always be activated when Kyuhyun is around, when they' are alone together. He wasn’t even as girly as this when he was crushing over Yunho... the crush that died and melted away with the snow during the winter ball.


It was the same winter ball that increased his closeness with Cadet Master Sergeant Cho like snowflakes raining on winter.


And ever since he initiated that damn kiss at the bus stop, everything changed. Surprisingly, he's not anymore complaining of Kyuhyun's creeper attitude. ‘Stupid caring boy’ would be Sungmin's reaction most of the time.


"How are you pumpkin?" He smiled as he looked at the scattered pieces on the bed and on the floor. He picked them up one by one and scanned through the, "Studying still?"


Sungmin sighed. "It's weird... I can't seem to perfect Spirit and Boeing. I'm kinda nervous. I'm doing good wth Raptor.”


"I'm not good with Raptor since it's a specialty fighter." Younger answered. He scooted closer to Sungmin and tapped his head. "But since pumpkin is good with Raptor, you'll do good with other as well."


Silence.


"AAAAH! Pumpkin... too cute!" Kyuhyun scratched his head and pinched Sungmin's cheek. "Pumpkin, stop pouting at me. Can't handle. Too cute."


Sungmin giggled at Kyuhyun's reaction. He smiled at the younger and soon enough he noticed that Kyuhyun was plainly staring at him. "What?"


"You... you're giggling at me." Kyuhyun stated. "And... you're smiling; your eyes are smiling like that day in the play ground... Pumpkin..."

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter