Are you doing this for a favor?

Atten...tion!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Snow was piling up outside the building. Sungmin just wanted to daydream all day long because the closer graduation seemed, the lazier he gets.


The practicum had just ended and Sungmin was proud to say he was able to recite all needed information in front of the panel with ease. The interior of a plane is something he knew by heart. He had dreamed of flying before, he wanted to take over a huge plane and carry people in the clouds. It gives him a sense of duty and freedom at the same time - one reason he turned to aerospace and not the army or navy.


"The prototype was amazing." Eunhyuk sat beside him, his mouth agape in awe. "I almost thought I was flying!"


Sungmin smirked. The prototype of F-16 Falcon was surely amazing. It was one of the newest invention of the Army and they, the graduating Aerospace cadets, were lucky to have its feel. He liked it. It was great.


"I missed on the Pneumatic Bomb Ejection Rack and something else I can't even remember. But the officer nodded at me." Eunhyuk turned to his friend. "It is a good sign right?"


Sungmin smiled at his friend. The panel officers weren't the kindest but weren't also the meanest. If Donghae passes this, then definitely Eunhyuk will.


"By the way, have you decided what to wear on the ball?" younger inquired all of a sudden.


Sungmin grunted. It seemed everyone was prepared. Ten more days before the event and the cadets are so excited, Not to mention preliminary exams would be over by then. He shook his head.


"I'm not attending." He simply said. It was no big deal as Sungmin had accepted the fact that he's not gonna attend the party.


Eunhyuk turned to him. "Hyung, that's not possible You can't not attend the party!"


Sungmin stood up and fixed his things. He didn't want to explain to Eunhyuk that he has no interest in such affairs and would prefer sleeping in his room on a cold winter night. Younger caught up and Sungmin sighed. He wanted to punch Eunhyuk's face or bite his arm off just to shut him up.


"Hyung, every senior is required to come. It's a requirement." Eunhyuk spoke quietly. "Haven't you heard, it's like the final get together of the seniors, and the officers wanted everyone to be present. You'll be questioned if you won't come."


Sungmin gaped. Why did it suddenly become a requirement? "But... I have to go home that day." he lied.


"No one's to leave the academy until the day after the ball. What's wrong with you?"


"But..."


"Hyung, it's not really a big deal. Just attend the party. It doesn't matter if you bring a date or not." Eunhyuk shrugged and walk away. The younger probably got pissed with him. But what can he do? Sungmin had everything planned already. Shouldn't he be the one to be pissed?


%%%%


"I haven't seen Jongwoon lately. He must be busy. I hope he'll be one of the panels for the rifle clearing."


"The more you'll fail that exam."


Younger grunted and Sungmin smirked. Come to think of it, Ryeowook is a lot luckier than him when it comes to their crushes. The younger had more encounters and wonderful moments with Jongwoon that Sungmin has with Yunho - to think his rank was closer.


Well, at least he got Yunho's kiss. Sungmin paused at his thought. Not entirely.


"I'm gonna bring Sunyoung." Ryeowook told Sungmin, making the older literally jump. They sneaked out of the barracks and walked past the park benches. The academy is open for visitors during summer breaks. They have parks and playgrounds, picnic grounds and the like. Sometimes, cadets organize performances for the tourists and entertain them with drills.


Sungmin and Ryeowook would usually sneak out and stay on one of them. The huge tree house at the center of the field was their favourite.


"Thank goodness the heater is working properly." Sungmin commented as he turned the switch onto a higher temperature. "And who's Sunyoung?"


"Oh. she's the little girl who has a nice voice, our neighbor's daughter. Mom likes her." Ryeowook relented. "She sings and dances well and she's really smart. I hope she'll be available on the winter ball."


There is it again, the talk of the ball. Sungmin still doesn't know what to do with it. He didn't want to attend, but it seems he has no choice. And he can't attend without bringing a girl, he'll be a laughing stock in the squad. He's a commander and a date is a must.


Obviously, Sungmin is by far not interested in any girl. If there is a girl he likes the most, it would be his mother and his younger sister.


"Would Jongwoon hyung bring a date?" he asked quietly to Ryeowook. The younger shrugged and pouted.


"Who knows. But maybe he will. He's far too hot not to bring a girl." Younger shrugged as he settled on the wooden floor of the treehouse. The heat was starting to spread. He pulled out a container and two pieces o

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter