I passed!

Atten...tion!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Part twenty four

Sungmin stared at the papers before him, and then he looked up the board and tried to swallow everything in front of him. He bit his lip one more time before he grinned widely.

He nailed them.

He nailed all his exams and despite not getting perfect scores on all tests, he still passed them all perfectly, enough to gain him an honorary mention when he graduates. The last bit would depend on the presentation and tactical inspection two days from now. But, much to his surprise, he didn't care anymore. He jumped around, grinning at everyone he meets, something he seldom does.

Sungminnie hyung!" Ryeowook squealed and everyone in the hallway whined at the noise that was Kim Ryeowook . "I PASSED!" He jumped on him, choking his friend as he did so. "I PASSED EVERYTHING!"

Eunhyuk, Shindong and Donghae followed suit, smiles plastered on their faces. It seemed all his friends did well on the written and practical exams. No one's sulking which means, they're on for the final drills. This would be the last one and Sungmin was quite confident. It’s a team effort and the whole graduating Air force battalion would work together to nail their test. Sungmin couldn’t be thankful. 

“And Heechul hyung spared us of a practice a day before the inspections so we could rest properly!” Eunhyuk’s voice was rejoicing as they walked back to the cafeteria. Graduating batch need not attend the compulsory meals supervised by their superiors. They’re all exempted from everything since the start of the second term.

They were skipping happily when a mass of black stopped them on their tracks. Sungmin knitted his brows as his fours friends took a step backwards. He looked at the guy standing in front of them then, finally, he smiled.

“Whattap, Jongwoon?” He greeted, his hand waving a little as the older cadet moved closer to them with a huge smile. Jongwoon was as usual, in his black clothes and the gloom that he was kinda scared the others. Although Jongwoon was far from the weirdo that others though he was, they couldn't avoid it anyway.

“Jongwoon?” It was Ryeowook’s turn to move closer and Sungmin saw the younger beam. “JONGWOOOON!” Their eardrums crashed as the smallest cadet threw himself to their Cadet Captain.

The older took Ryeowook in his arms and embraced him tightly. Ryeowook continued to squeal, and it seemed Jongwoon was unaffected. “I PASSED! I PASSED EVERYTHING! EVEN SHOOTING!!! I’LL BE A SOLDIER SOON!”

“Yes, you are, Wookie. You’ll be a good soldier.” He patted the younger and turned to other cadets. He smiled at Sungmin for a while gave them a thumbs up. "You have a good squad Cadet Lee. Thanks for all your hard work." He beamed once again, his chinky eyes crumpling in a smile before finally grabbing Ryeowook's arm and pulled him to wherever. Sungmin smiled as his friend waved shyly at them.

He turned to his other friends. “There goes, Wookie:” He told them and Eunhyuk snickered at him. Shindong was smiling at him and Donghae was biting his lip as if suppressing something. Sungmin grunted.

“What?”

"As if you’re not like that with Kyuhyun.” Shindong smirked at him.

“Donghae saw Kyuhyun sneak in your room the other night. Last Saturday?” He turned to the said cadet and the younger nodded vigilantly. Sungmin wanted to punch the other so much.
His awesome day was suddenly turning to be not to be awesome anymore. He still wondered why they're his friends.

So what if Kyuhyun did? Kyuhyun always go to his room anyway, it’s not like everyone knew what they did right? It’s not like...

“Kyuhyun didn’t leave your room until Sunday morning. I woke up when he snuck back to his bunk.”

Eunhyuk wiggled his eyebrows. What is wrong with his friends? Heechul had definitely tainted everyone’s mind. He is not a very good influece to his juniors.

“Kyuhyun... stayed with me because we reviewed for the exams!” Sungmin defended.

It was a lie.

It was an utter lie but it was the only excuse he could think of. Kyuhyun slept on his bed, he snuggled beside the younger. They didn’t speak, they didn’t move much, but Sungmin loved clinging onto Kyuhyun. They listened to each other's breathing as their hands felt each other's skin. Sungmin realised that time that he was ticklish on his forearm. He giggled softly like a teenage girl, he wiggled closer to Kyuhyun when the younger would stop his ministrations. They smiled at each other until they fall into dreamland. They were acti

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter