"Especially with Cadet Cho in the house."

Atten...tion!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Part Twenty Five

Sungmin wanted to run , he wanted to throw a fit and run away. For the first time in his life, Sungmin felt his knees turn to jelly. No, he never said no to the paddles, he never said no to punishments. He didn't called for 'dying' when asked to do push-ups or pumps or squats. He was almost never scared when it comes to military drills.


At that moment though, Sungmin wanted to run away, he wanted the earth to swallow him whole.


Lieutenant Colonel Lee Sunyoung was seated on the army chair at the Headquarters. Sungmin stared at his father in full uniform, his silver insignia blinding his eye. He avoided direct contact and saluted nevertheless. Heechul asked him to wear his Type B uniform, thank goodness.


"Cadet First Lieutenant Lee Sungmin reporting for duty, sir!" He called snappily. He was on attention, his eyes fixed forward and his legs straight. Despoite the stature, Sungmin knew his body was giving in and all he wanted was to run away.


His father never visited him in the academy. He made sure that Sungmin would rise up the ladder on his own. He didn't like his son to excel just because of the surname he was carrying. Sungmin knew this and for four years he never expected a visit from his father. At least not until his graduation.


Lt. Col. Lee saluted back and Sungmin deemed it to out down his hand. He stood straight as he father cleared his throat. He suddenly remembered the man smiling at him during the holidays. He missed his father joking around and eating a lot. He was scared and he knew he shouldn't be.


"Drop the honorifics, Sungmin." Hi s father's voice echoed and he almost jumped. He heaved a sigh before his old man ushered him to one of the seats.


"It has been a good old weeks since the holidays." The man spoke. Sungmin remain seated on his seat. Despite being at ease, he held a straight back and he avoided eye contact. He listened. "It was really a good time and I must say, I enjoyed every bit of it."


He almost smiled. Almost,.


"Especially with Cadet Cho in the house."


Sungmin's eyes widened. The emphasis on Kyuhyun's name was different and it wasn't even amused. His father was so fond of Kyuhyun from before, He was proud of the cadet and Sungmin really didn't mind anymore. It was Kyuhyun anyway.


"I must've figured. You two were really close. I didn't know it was you whom he was calling 'pumpkin' when he was talking to Sungjin." Now, Sungmin was not calm. He wanted to defend Kyuhyun, to tell his father that it was nothing. This is what he feared the most, and now, it's not just him, it's Kyuhyun as well. "You should have told me that Kyuhyun... was someone special to you."


"I can explain father! I... Kyuhyun, he...."


Pak!


The Lieutenant Colonel had hit the office desk almost breaking it in half. Sungmin knew Jungsu and Heechul won't be pleased but that was least of his concerns right now.


"Y

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter