This is it, Cadet Lee!

Atten...tion!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Part twenty six

It was raining that day. It was raining harsh for late January and with the melting snow around, it was far from pleasing. It was ugly, and it was dirty.


Sungmin didn't like the weather, much more the soiled ground where they would all march down. The grandstand would be muddy and they won't be able to demo properly. Their boots would get eaten by the mud and there’s a high chance that they would slip.


The only thing he was thankful for was their dark blue pants; the Marines would have a problem with their white pants. Aside from that, all cadets are on an unfortunate side.


Half an hour later, he straightened his uniform one more time, his insignia aligned on his shoulders and the tassels on his sleeves. He straightened his sword hanging on his left waist and saluted to the boy staring at him at the mirror. He smiled at himself one last time before placing his hat on his head.


"This is it, Cadet Lee.” He murmured.


Turning the door knob, a glitter caught his eye and Mario inside a snow globe smiled back at him. It was as if he was cheering on him and Sungmin giggled. He has his lucky charm in the field, it’ll be all right.


He stepped out of his room and found the bunks a mess. Everyone was freaking out, running around. He was wasn't sure if the shouts were about fights or if everyone was just plain nervous. He spotted Ryeowook seated on one of the benches beside the window. The younger cadet was clad on his uniform, he was ready to go.


Younger turned at him as he inched closer and beamed. “Hello, hyung. Ready for later?"


"Yup. Why are you acting like a high school girl getting emotional over the rain?" he inquired, sitting beside the other.


There was a soft sigh beside him and he eyed the skies through the windows. It was drizzling and hopefully, the rain would stop. Soon.


"I'm nervous." Ryeowook answered plainly. "I'm really nervous and I hope I won't flunk for our squad. I hope I won't pull you guys down. You know how I fail on practicum and hands-on.” He blabbered and Sungmin giggled.


“You didn’t tell Jongwoon about this, did you?”


Younger shook his head. “He’ll get worried and lecture me. He’ll probably pull me to bed and make me feel better but I don’t want that and I...”


“You really have to tell me that?” Sungmin whined as the younger smirked at him.


“As if you and Kyuhyunnie haven’t done it.” He whisprered.


“Of course not!” Sungmin was blushing and the poise he was holding earlier was suddenly popping out.


Stupid feelings. He hadn’t told Kyuhyun about it, he was too scared and in denial. But he would, he may have gone pass the denial stage after his father had grace him consent. Sungmin thought he had develop a certain boldness but he couldn't... and he really couldn't find the exact timing.


“Liar.” Ryeowook stuck out his tongue before eyeing the falling droplets of liquid from the sky. "But really, hyung. I’m scared.”


Sungmin smiled. He knew what Ryeowook was talking about and he was frightened as well. When the thing you had wanted the most is right in front of you, there are always hindrances around. And one of those is fear. Sungmin knew that everyone was scared. It was their final verdict after all.


But he knew how to keep his faith. He believes in his comrades, his friends, he believes in the kindness of life. He smiled at the younger cadet and patted his head.


“You’ll do well, Wookie. Everyone would.” It was an assurance to all of them

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter