You want to play, pumpkin boy?

Atten...tion!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Part fifteen


Sungmin ran out of their house, his short legs scurrying anywhere they might bring him. Panting, he rounded a corner and halted when his chest burned. It was like a small candle was lighted inside him and it was getting harder to breathe. The blue earmuffs were dangling on his jaw already but he cared less, the heat was burning him already.a


Thankfully, it was on a pretty playground when his legs decided they can run no more. Biting his lower lip he walked towards the swing, his cheeks red from weariness. Despite the cold autumn wind, he was perspiring so hard.


He tried to calm his breathing as he sat down, pulling the earmuffs away from his head and the scarf from his neck. He breathed in slowly before finally deciding he’s not burning anymore.


Started to feel lonesome, he kicked himself and finally smiled.


Moments later, he was giggling all alone in the swing forgetting about the fear he felt earlier. He smiled contentedly as the railings brought him up, making him fly. His giggles echoed around the empty place and soon enough, he was laughing. He had never been to this playground.


When he felt himself swinging higher and higher, he panicked. He realized he was not controlling the thing anymore and well, he could reach for the ground. He wiggled his short legs.


"Stop." He pleaded, wanting the swing to stop the movements it was making. His small hands were glued to the small chains as if his dear life depended on it. The earlier bliss was replaced by fear.


“Stop!” He continued thrashing his legs, trying his best to reach the ground. He didn’t notice the tears falling from his eyes.


“Make it stop!” He looked around but no one was at the place. So he was gonna get thrown off the swing and he’s gonna die and float to the heavens were his kitty went two months ago. He’ll see his granny and other dead people. But… he wasn’t as old as them.


Only old people die, right? Sungmin is only seven, he couldn’t die yet.


Puff!


The swing hit something from the back, and then, the movements slowed down. Sungmin was panting hard, waiting for the thing to halt until he could finally jump on the solid ground. He bit his lip as he wiped his eyes with his arms. He couldn’t cry, his father won’t allow crying.


He stopped sobbing, but he could feel his knees shaking.


Then, there was a soft cough. He turned and found another boy; he was sprawled on the ground struggling to sit up.


He was fat. The boy was fat, round as a basketball, but bigger. He has crude hair and incredibly big ears. He couldn’t be the rabbit in Alice in Wonderland, could he?


Sungmin, deeming it responsible, went closer to the boy and pulled his heavy arms up. The boy sat, blinked a couple of times and then smiled at him.


“Oh, hello. You’re okay now?” he squeaked. Sungmin nodded as he squatted beside the unknown boy.


“You stopped the swing?”


“Yup!” The boy nodded gleefully stood up. “I heard you crying, scared, and so tried to stop the thing.”


“It’s a swing.”


“Okay.” The boy shrugged bluntly and Sungmin pouted. “You were crying.”


“I’m sorry… and thank you.” He beamed, throwing his arms around the boy. When he pulled back he looked at him and smiled. Sungmin trusts everyone, especially fat boys who’re willing to save him from a monster of a swing.


Out of curiosity, he tilded his head and watch the fat boy rub his red, red nose. “I haven’t seen you here. Where do you live?”


The other giggled and tilted his head as well, but Sungmin di

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter