I'm your date now

Atten...tion!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Part Eleven

It has been officially an hour since Sungmin had left the table of his dreams. He was not even inside the gymnasium. Somehow, he had made himself comfortable in one of the lounges in the reception area which is now isolated.


The electric fireplace somehow calmed him down, despite the cold outside, he was able to found warmth in the room.


Stupid stupid Sungmin for being too delusional. He was pouting so hard forcing himself not to cry like a girl because, well, the crush of his life just crushed his heart. And to make matters worse, his best friend was out of the picture. The cute girl Sunyoung was having a good time with Onew and Ryeowook is nowhere in sight. Sungmin knew he should be worried but he was just feeling too weak as of yet. Ryeowook is old enough to handle himself, he'll be a soldier in a matter of months.


He cursed softly as he remembered the fifty cents moment he had.

Jung Yunho had made up with his girl friend a day before the freaking ball and now, she was there, dashing and beautiful. Yunho's friends didn't want him to be there because he was a freaking third party... a rebound. Yunho was too upset, probably knew his crush on him and impulsively asked him out. But he was all so sweet before they sat on the table.

Was Yunho a jerk or what?

Sungmin flailed his legs as he removed his coat and lied on the floor.


Why did he even think that this would be the night of his life? He pouted, bitter about everything.


"He's lucky he's so handsome." he said to no one in particular as he rolled to his stomach.


"I'll go ahead.." He told Yunho earlier and vanished somewhere else, too embarrassed of his delusional face. Yunho didn't even stop him. Of course he wouldn't.

Two minutes later he was drowsing off. Sungmin was just so tired and all he wanted was to rest and sleep. He shouldn't have went to the party. He knew he shouldn't have gone. He made a complete fool of himself months before they graduate. Poor him.


Unfortunately, still, he was starting to get hungry but he didn't want to return to the gymnasium. He could hear his stomach rumbling, shouting at him but he paid no heed. He really just want to sleep.



"You'll get sick when you sleep here." A familiar voice echoed and Sungmin found Kyuhyun sitting on one of the couches. Of course, Kyuhyun would be there, he would appear anywhere as long as there's Sungmin.

He stared at the younger cadet and suddenly felt bad that he ditched Kyuhyun for Yunho. He realized that Kyuhyun would never leave him like that, or would bring another date without telling him. Kyuhyun would have the decency to tell him.


Sungmin sat up and frowned. He couldn't contain his bitterness anymore. He could feel he was on the verge of crying. He was such a loser.


"Yunho dumped you." It was not a question and Sungmin had to kick the younger's shin in irritation.


"Shut up."


He heard him giggle and pulled something from a black shopping bag.


"You haven't eaten. I took some steak, pasta, mashed potato, and veggies." Kyuhyun mumbled as he presented a box container. Sungmin's eyes widened.


Grabbing the box, he started eating.


"You really must be very hungry, pumpkin." He said matter-of-factly. "You just scurried away without eating. The food is good!!!"


Sungmin looked up at the boy seated on the couch. Was Kyuhyun really this caring? He was always comparing himself to the boy that he failed to notice this side of him. He smiled.


"Thank you, Kyu." he mouthed. Kyuhyun smiled at him.

%%%%

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter