Good night, Minnie

Atten...tion!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Part sixteen


Sungmin was rolling on his bed, assessing his freaked out thoughts when his mother barged in, her usually soft face now stoned and mad.


He sat up as she growled at him and hit him with his pillow. He landed back to his bed.


“A boy was freezing in front of the house and you didn't bother letting him in.” She exclaimed. “If your dad and I arrived a little later, the kid would have frozen to death! I did not raise you to be an insensitive child, Lee Sungmin!”


Sungmin opened his mouth to retort, to defend himself but he couldn't. His mother would never tolerate answering back. Softly, he grunted. So Kyuhyun followed him, what’s new?


“And then, I realized he was a classmate of yours! Why didn't you let him in?”


“Mom! I didn't even know he was at the front door!” he finally spoke. Sure, he ran away, but he didn't tell Kyuhyun to follow him and be the creep he was. He was shocked; he… didn't expect that Kyuhyun’s Mario-Pumpkin story would have this weird effect on him. And besides, he feels like for not remembering about it. Was he that insensitive or what?


“YOU DID NOT KNOW HE WAS THERE WHEN HE WAS CARRYING YOUR GROCERIES!?!”


Then he gave up. He followed his furious mother downstairs and found Kyuhyun sneezing in the living room. Okay, so maybe it was his fault.


“Kyuhyun, dear, I’ll make tea for you.” His mother spoke and vanished into the kitchen but not before glaring at her oldest son.


“Sungmin, make sure your friend here is comfortable. I’ll fix the groceries and the things your mother bought.” His father spoke, his voice full of authority that Sungmin thought he was back at the academy. He nodded quietly before turning on the television and sitting far from Kyuhyun.


“Sorry.” Younger spoke after an eternity that he almost jumped from his seat. Kyuhyun’s voice was so low it made him shiver. The softness didn't fit Kyuhyun, Sungmin knew that Kyuhyun would always be that hyped up cadet.


“I didn’t mean to make you look bad in front of your parents, but you left the groceries, and I was knocking for half an hour and you wouldn’t open the door, and I tried ringing you up but you won’t answer your phone either and…”


“I’m sorry.” Sungmin sighed, realizing that Kyuhyun was, once again, doing things out of the kindness of his damn heart and the creepy but touching care he has for him. He bit his lip. “I shouldn’t have run like that. I mean… I… I really forgot about…” He swallowed as he eyed the boy. “You.”


The boy was smiling, thank goodness. Sungmin didn’t know that frowning isn’t really nice on Kyuhyun until earlier. He pouted at him.


“Aw, pumpkin. Thank you. And well, yeah, I kinda expected that…” he giggled. “You probably had amnesia.”


He smacked Kyuhyun on the head just in time his mother entered the living room.


“Lee Sungmin!”


Okay, he’s dead.


%%%%


To make up with Kyuhyun., Sungmin had agreed to have the boy spend Christmas with them, and ugh, his father and mother took into liking the boy. His ing wit got him lucky. Why did his parents like the creep? Sungmin started sulking.


“Sungjin’s going home tonight so we can’t lend you his room. I think Sungmin wouldn’t mind sharing his room to you.” His mother has this menacing stare at him that he wanted to scurry off. The woman is even more scary than their father, and no, you wouldn’t want to mess with Lee Younmin


“Oh, anything would be fine, ma’am. The bunks in the academy are even smaller than your couch.”


“Good training, huh.” His father murmured and Sungmin grunted at how gullible his parents are. Kyuhyun is still a creep after all.


“Yes, sir. And I really enjoyed the days I had there.” He continued talking at dinner. “Might make the most of the remaining months.”


Sungmin almost fell off his chair when his father started laughing, agreeing to Kyuhyun and telling him his own fair share of stories at the Academy. He chose not to listen to them and helped his mom as she fixed on the blueberry pie she made.


“Mom.” He might as well try.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter