Always Open

30 Day IPod Shuffle Challenge for YoonHae (FAILED)
I raised my baseball cap and took a glance at the store's window, trying to search for someone who should be working at that moment. My lips curved in to a soft grin when I caught a glimpse at her smiling face as she greeted a customer who just walked in to the store.
          
 
  Today my angel is at that familiar place
 
 
Clutching the small bouquet of flowers in my hand, I rehearsed quietly on what to say to her. This was it. Today was the day I was going to confess. This time, I am actually going to do it. I am going to tell her my feelings.
         
 
  I want to confess to her. I like you! I love you!
 
 
After contemplating on whether to go in one way or another, I decided to stop being a wuss and just go in. 
 
 
She soon became clear in my vision, flashing that cute smile that can melt your insides faster than a second and leave your heart pounding so hard that it would burst out of your chest...
 
 
Snap out of it Donghae. Be. A. Man. You can do it. You can confess. Just try not to look too long at her beautiful, dark chocolate brown eyes that can make you...
 
 
"Oh hi there, Donghae oppa. Do you need help finding anything?" It took me a few more seconds to snap out of my daze and register what her question was before I shyly turned my head away and cleared my throat. I needed to hurry up before I end up choking on my words collapsing on to the ground.
 
 
"Hi there, Y-yoona. Sorry for -um- taking so long. I was just -well- you know -um- w-wondering if...if..." When she tilted her head to the side and puffed her cheeks out made me stop blubbering nonsense and just stare at her in awe. I felt the heat creeping up my cheeks the more I looked at her. Why did she have to be so adorable?
 
 
"You were wondering if..."
 
 
“Well I was... I w-was wondering if you w-would like to go...um... out-SIDE. Yeah. Outside. I was thinking about that s-since the weather is so nice out!" In a hurry, I pointed out the window, mentally smacking myself afterwards. It was raining. 
 
 
She seemed to be just as confused as I expected her to be, because she raised her eyebrow and and eyed the pouring rain.
 
 
"Well... I didn't know that you liked rain."
 
 
"I mean, the rain looks nice. It's pretty r-refreshing isn't it? It -like- washes away all the bad stuff, and lets room in for the good...stuff... Isn't that right?" After saying that, I darted my eyes away. I probably made her bored by talking about what rain seems like for me. Did I actually think that she'd be interested in that? I wouldn't be if I were her. In all honesty, I expected her to just roll her eyes and continue on with her work, most likely ignoring me.
 
 
But she didn't do that.
 
 
She just gently smiled and glanced out the window.
 
 
"I guess the rain looks rather nice today. You make it sound very pretty. Lee Donghae, you have such an interesting view of these types of things." And with that, she turned her head over to me and beamed.
 
 
It didn't take long for my face to match her red bow clip in her hair.
 
 
"W-well -um- I got to go. S-see you later s-soon. B-bye." I rushed out of the store, dropping my almost forgotten bouquet at the front of double doors. When I reached outside, my pace slowed down, and I lazily kicked a stray bottle on the ground while moping around. I ended up just making small talk with her, again; like what I always do when I try to confess
 
 
But in the end I just greet her again
 
 
At the end of the day, I don't have a date; I got a big sigh and a heavy heart. 
 
 
"Maybe next time, Lee Donghae. Next time."
 
 
-----
 
 
Smack
 
 
"Ow! What are you doing?" She smacked me again, her eyes glaring at me furiously.
 
 
"I can't believe that you wasted your chance. Again! You're still being a damn wuss and not asking her out."
 
 
"W-well I almost did. I asked her to go out...side. That's sort of close right?" 
 
 
Smack.
 
 
"Idiot! To think that I thought that this would be cute at first, with your new crush and all. I was clearly wrong, because you are seriously pathetic. Not to mention also being damn annoying. If you complain to me one more time about your stupid failures to ask her out, I will freaking castrate you with my house key and leave your s bleeding all over the sidewalk."
 
 
I felt chills run down my spine when she finished her address with a colder-than-ice stare. Dang, she doesn't look like she's kidding. What a scary noona. She seemed to sense my complete fear of her, so she gave a heavy sigh, taking a deep breath before giving me eye contact. 
 
 
"Look, I don't want to sound mean, but you are seriously pushing it. If you're going to act like this, you might as well give up. Seriously, I swear to god that if I hear another one of your sob stories I'm going to have to strangle somebody. So, give up.” My heart sank when she said those words. I understood her intentions, and I felt bad for being such a burden on her; I still didn't want to give up. You can't just simply give up on Yoona.
 
 
Was there a reason why I couldn't? Well yeah, there was.
 
 
Because it's Im Yoona.
 
 
And I can't give up when I haven't even confessed yet.
 
 
I didn't say that to Taeyeon noona though because her glare told me not to try and push her already terrible mood.
 
 
        The scary part-time noona
            Is telling me to give up!
 
 
"Ya! Kim Taeyeon! Are you slacking off in my store?" A voice boomed through the double doors, accompanied by a heavy man. It was Lee Shindong, the owner of the convenience store.
 
 
"No Mr. Lee. I was just helping this customer with his question," Taeyeon gestured he hand over to me while I gave a rather awkward smile to him.The owner took a moment to eye me suspiciously. He already knew who I was since I was friends with some of the co workers and I showed up often.
 
 
"You aren't planning on stealing anything like last time right?"
 
 
"Mr. Lee, that was only one time. He was distracted and forgot to pay at that moment. He paid you back the day after anyway," Taeyeon said, taking the red worker apron and placing it on the counter. Shindong observed me for a little while longer with squinted eyes and then shook his head, headed towards his office.
 
 
"Fine. I'll be in here if you need me."
 
 
After he was out, I turned my head to Taeyeon noona, giving her a shy apologetic smile. In return, she smacked me in the head again.
 
 
Then the double doors burst open.
 
 
"Taeyeon unnie! I'm here for my shift! Sorry that I'm a bit late, but I can explain. You don't know how mean the teachers are if they catch you dozing off in class. I had to clean two classrooms with this one other person. It was so awkward -oh hi Donghae- and it was even weirder because he knew my name and I didn't know his. It was okay because he didn't mind and offered me candy. It was good and now we're friends! He was a cute kid! And Donghae?"
 
 
It took me a moment until I realized she was calling me. I cowered a bit at her questioning gaze, but straightened up a bit after.
 
 
"O-oh yes?"
 
 
" Do you need any help? You've been looking at me for a while." I tried to ignore the embarrassing sudden rush of heat going to my cheeks.
 
 
“W-well I was going to look around for a while. I-I'll just be... Over... There." I stumbled to the chips section in a flurry, almost stumbling over a small pile. I kept my body facing the products, but let my eyes wander off to the girl chatting happily with Taeyeon.
 
 
----
 
 
"Donghae Oppa, are you done yet?" I snapped out of my daze and bowed my head apologetically.
 
 
"I'm really sorry for not paying right away. I have a tendency to space out and all and it's really-"
 
 
"HURRY UP!"  I stopped my abrupt chatter and searched hurriedly for my wallet. Why am I taking so long to pay for a simple rice cake?
 
 
I wasn't even close to getting my wallet out when Mr. Lee stomped over to where I was, slammed some money down, and glared at me.
 
 
"I paid already. Now stop being a bother and leave." I bowed my head and quickly went out the store, embarrassment oozing from my body.
 
 
The fat shop manager
Is telling me to go away because I’m annoying
 
 
-----
 
 
"Ahahaha! You actually got him to pay for it? Hahaha wow. I mean, I knew you were on his nerves but I never knew that you would have the guts to do that!" I glared at my best friend who was tossing a malt ball in the air, catching it with his mouth.
 
 
"It wasn't on purpose. I was just panicking since... Since..."
 
 
"Yeah I know. I know." He plopped down on the counter and leaned on the cash register, popping another piece of candy in to his mouth. "She was there wasn't she? Dude I miss everything! Everything fun always happens during the day. It's so boring at night."
 
 
I gazed around the store. No one was here except for my friend and me, so he had a point.
 
 
He yawned and curled up in to a ball on the counter, shutting his eyes. I rolled my eyes at his immaturity.
 
 
"Yah! Aren't you supposed to be working. Don't sleep on the job," I said, smacking him repeatedly. He hissed when I did so and swatted my hand away.
 
 
"No one's here, and the Mr. Lee said that he won't come to the store at this hour today. I'm fine."
 
 
Young boy working at night
The sun had set now wake up
 
 
"So in the end, you didn't confess to her at all?"
 
 
"...Yeah, I didn't. I'm still a wuss." Besides comforting me, he just smirked and opened of his eyes.
 
 
"That means I win the bet." Wait, what bet?
 
 
"Siwon, Kyuhyun, Sungmin, and I bet to see if you'd confess or not."
 
 
"What?!? W-well what did you think I would do?"
 
 
"Chicken out. Siwon said that you'd give up and Kyuhyun said that you'll get another girl." I glared at the guy in front of me. I can't believe my best friends are all betting on this. What supportive friends I have.
 
 
"What about Sungmin?"
 
 
"Oh him? He was the only one who said that you'd confess to her." Well at least he believes in me. "And then he said that she's flat out reject you." He's the worst.
 
 
"I can't believe that you guys would make bets on whether I'd go after her or not. What kind of friends are you guys."
 
 
"Probably your only friends. Donghae, you know that your Eunhyukkie supports you twenty-four seven, but this is an exception. You haven't done a thing. We tried to help Donghae, but it's just not going to work out. Just give up and move on. There are other girls who'd be happy for you to date."
 
 
My heart sank. More people who wanted me to give up. Did it really seem impossible? Would it really keep ending in failure? Should I really just...give up on Yoona?
 
 
No. I stand by about what I said about not giving up on her. It was Yoona. It just... didn't feel right to give up now. Or ever.
 
 
So I stand by my decision. I will not give up on Im Yoona.
 
 
Even if everyone tells me to give up
I won’t do that, never!
 
 
----------
 
 
I took a glance at the white teddy bear in my arms before turning my eyes back to the cheeky monkey who was was warming his hands.
 
 
"When you told me that you were confessing, I came right over. If you don't mind, I got the others to come too. I also got some classmates to buy some stuff over here." I squinted my eyes at my best friend before glancing at the store; only to suddenly lose all my confidence as I realized that there was going to be people watching. Actual people. I've never really tried to confess her in front of others. It was usually when the place was a bit empty with only one or two people.
 
 
The store had not only my friends who have no faith in me, and a couple of high school students can talk about my failure to the rest of the school. Oh no. This wasn't good.
 
 
"Dude, are you alright?" No, I feel like I'm going to die. I gave him the coldest glare I could, and he put his hands up.
 
 
"Look, I know that this is hard, but this will help you in the future. You can't expect to be this shy forever you know. I'm not trying to be mean, but..." I didn't hear him after that. There was something that completely diverted my attention.
 
 
Or someone.
 
 
The way she happily greeted customers and hugged fellow classmates was mesmerizing. That, or it was probably that smile again. That one of a kind smile.
 
 
"Donghae? Where are you going?"
 
 
I honestly don't know.
 
 
I don't know how I managed to walk through those double doors. I don't know how I was at the front of the counter, with Yoona's bewildered face questioning what I was doing with the white teddy bear in my hands, showing it to her.
 
 
And I certainly didn't know how the words I wanted to say so much before suddenly found its way to my mouth.
 
 
"Accept me please." The whole store became quiet.
 
 
Accept me!~
(Look at me!)
 
 
"Im Yoona, I am yours." She was frozen with her eyes wide in shock and her lips parted just slightly.
 
 
I then did the unthinkable. I was completely shocked at myself when I leaned over the counter and, ever so slightly, placed my lips on to hers. I... I kissed her.
 
 
And I loved it. It was soft and sweet. It wasn't strong and passionate, or sloppy and wet. It was just perfect.
 
 
At that place I’m meeting you everyday
This moment is like a dream to me
 
 
I pulled away slowly and looked at her flustered expression. She looked so cute when she was embarrassed and was that blush forming on her cheeks?
 
 
Confidence rushed in to me, and I smiled.
 
 
"Accept me, Yoona. Accept me today, tomorrow, and every day after that." Her eyes that were originally casted downward rose up to meet mine, and was still parted open.
 
 
Accept me!~
(Today too, tomorrow too)
 
 
"My feelings are only for you," I then leant over to her ear and barely made a whisper, "and you only."
 
 
All of my love~
(I’ll give it only to you)
 
 
Her eyes became glazed in tears that she held back and her face was starting to turn from rosy pink to strawberry red. I held my breath. Did I make her angry? Did I embarrass her too much. Will she...not accept me?
 
 
All those questions didn't matter anymore after she leant over the counter, clutching the white bear in her arms, and let her lips touch mine again.
 
 
That's when I knew her answer. I was right not to give her up.
 

Come running in my heart that is always open only for you

 

--------

Oh my god how is it? It would've been a bit better if I had more time, but I already procrastinated on my project long enough to work on this. And the project is due tomorrow. FML =.=

 

Well this was the story that got overwritten before, I changed quite a few things on here, so it's not the same as before. It's longer than I thought it would be, but it's still not that long.

 

Anyway, thanks for those people who commented and subscribed to this. I hope that my stories will be good enough for you YoonHae fans. You know I love you guys >w<

 

Oh yeah, the song was by Infinite again. It's their OP song for their show "Wara Wara Store". Their chibis are so cute >< I'm glad shuffle is being so nice to me right now. I still got 28 more days though, so this might not be smooth sailing :/

 

Oh whatever. Comment and Subscribe new readers! Please ~! (Feel free to upvote too)

I don't like silent readers by the way.

Heart throws for all~! ^^;;