Honesty

30 Day IPod Shuffle Challenge for YoonHae (FAILED)

Song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=P2KbuB5NM1E

 


 

"Hey Yoona, it's time to wake up."

 

 

"Let me sleep..."  I heard a chuckle as he patted my back. 

 

"Come on Yoong. You've slept enough." I groaned and pushed myself up to a sitting position, rubbing my droopy eyes and giving a small yawn.

 

 I wake up and open my sleepy eyes

 

"So what time is it?" I asked with a slur. I was tired already. 

 

"Well it's almost about to be 7:30... P.M."

 

"Oh that's... Wait what?! I've been asleep for that long? Why didn't you wake me up?!" To think that I had so many things planned for a day that I just slept through was disappointing. 

 

It’ll be tomorrow soon

 

I remember how he would always let me sleep when I was so tired the night before, or wake me up if it was an important day. He'd always wake me up the same way with a pat and kind words. I always waved it off since I was so used to it already.

 

I forgot to show my gratitude towards him.

 

------

 

"Hae, I don't know if we should do this." He gave a heavy sigh and tugged on my hand.

 

"You promised, remember? You also told me that you don't break promises."

 

"I know but... are we really ready for this? I don't know if I'm ready for any of this. I'm just..." I was scared. We've spent so much time together, and memories that were unforgettable. Though we had all of that, I was still scared. Will we really stay like this? Will we be able to keep these feelings?


 

Time passes by hectically
Will we get so used to our fluttering feelings

 

"Yoona," he gave my hand a light squeeze and glanced at me with those warm chocolate brown eyes that always helped calm me down. "We lo-like each other right? I'm willing to tell my mom about you. I'm sure she'll like you. I'm sure of it." How can you be so sure of something, Lee Donghae? How can you be so sure on your feelings towards me?

 

I was so frightened and worried.


 

That we’ll feel them as a definite thing?
I’m sad over pointless worries

 

------

 

"Oh who's this? The new maid?" I stiffened a bit. His mother had colder eyes than her son. They were so stone cold that I doubted that there was any warmth in those orbs.

 

"M-Mother, this is Yoona," Donghae said nervously, his hand tightening around mine. It was no doubt that he was scared too.

 

"Why should I care for the names of our new maids? What are you doing standing around? Get to work!"

 

Infrequent greetings

 

"N-No, mother, she shouldn't." She looked at him with his eyebrow raised, silently asking why and he cleared his throat. "This girl is my ...girlfriend."

 

Crash.

 

The air grew tense and I stiffened. There was no longer a glass bird next to the women. It was shattered to pieces behind me. That was for me.

 

"You better be just a slave." I felt a stab in my heart as she spat those words out. Though I know (or hope) that I wasn't one since me and Donghae had never gone that far, there were those words that you don't want to be called. Being called a slave as an example.

 

Actions that scarred softly

 

"Don't call her that, mother. I'm dating her because I like her, not because she's good at pleasing others with her body." She threw a book at his face, and it hit perfectly. He gave a groan and stepped back a bit. I was about to ask if he was alright, but I froze again at his mother's harsh words.

 

"That's what you get for dating someone that isn't to my liking. Look at what she's wearing! Did you get her off the street or something? And she looks hideous!" I could care less about what she thought about my appearence. I just had one thought in my mind.

 

It was my fault.

 

I didn't want to hurt Donghae. I wanted to help him. I didn't know how much I hurt him. I wanted to apologize so badly, but the words were caught on to my throat. I just couldn't say anything.


 

I didn’t mean to hurt you
I’m always sorry

 

"Yoona? Just stay behind me. Don't interfere." I snapped out of my thoughts and shook my head, trying to get past his arm.

 

"B-But Donghae, she's telling the truth. I shouldn't have-"

 

"Let me handle this." His protective arm shielded me from any harm the woman in front of me could cause. I gulped a bit of my saliva and was about to protest, but he beat me to it.

 

 Because you’ve always been there to protect me

 

"Mother, it was me. I'm the one who wanted to date her. I didn't want to be set up with someone fake just for your company. I wanted something real. Mother please."

 

"Why on earth would you want to date a pathetic excuse for a woman when there were smart, rich, and beautiful woman that would love to get acquainted with you. You were fine with it before. It must be her! This probably brainwashed you. You filthy little child! Come over here and stop making my son-"

 

"Mother! Don't say that to her! If you are going to yell at someone, yell at me!" I nudged his arm, trying to signal him to not upset his mother so much. All he could do was sigh.

 

"You are a pathetic son, making your mother suffer from all this. Do you only care about your father? Do you not care about the one who gave you life? What have I done wrong to get a worthless son like you? Tell me now!" I felt his hand shake, but his eyes showed so much determination.

 

Because you’ve taken the criticism that I should receive

 

"I can't believe you would betray your mother's wishes all for this... Thing!" His mother ran out the door in fury, leaving the two of us in silence.

 

It seemed like forever until he turned and brought my face to his hands, checking to see if I was okay.

 

"I'm so sorry about my mom. She is just a bit angry, but she'll get over it. Are you hurt? Should I go get her to apologize to you or-"

 

"Why..." He stiffened. "Why did you protect me? Why would you shield someone like me? I caused you so much trouble, so why do you keep me?" His face was stern, but his eyes told a different story. They looked glazed, almost as if he was scared. Donghae just grabbed my hand and walked me out of the house without a word of why.

 

You have shielded me without a word and now

 

"Yoona! Get behind me. They are just some guys sent by my mom. There's no need to-"

 

"Shut up! You get behind me. I can handle this."

 

I will reflect you like a mirror

 

-----

 

"Hey, are you alright?"

 

"I'm fine. I just got all bummed about no breakfast. It's nothing. Really." My voice cracked in the end faintly, but I still held a small on my face. He then flicked me in the head.

 

"Are you really an idiot?" I widened my eyes and pushed the reappearing sobs down my throat. 

 

"W-What do you mean by that?"

 

"I heard that the bakery you owned was trashed or something. I know how much that job meant to you since it's ... Well your only job. I thought you'd be upset about it." I sniffled a bit and looked at him in awe. I'm surprised that he was able to know all that.

 

You understood me better than myself

 

I wasn't going to cry in front of him though. I didn't want him to see my pain. 

 

When I was on the verge of breaking down

 

"W-Wait. How did you know I would be here?" He blinked slowly before turning his face towards me, his eyes slightly puffy and red. He was crying?

 

"W-Well I came to visit my dad. He died a few years ago and... Well... He understood me a bit more than my mother. He was my best friend, brother, and accomplice. His death was by my hand. It was when I was a stupid teen, drinking and going to clubs. I got in to this fight and he... Shielded me from a bullet that was supposed hit my stomach. I just wish that I... Could just say sorry and rewind everything." He turned back towards the scenery, the smile never leaving his face. "I don't mind though. I was told to stay strong by him, so here I am, staying strong. Would he be proud of me?" He turned over to look at me and widened his eyes in surprise. He saw one of my tears that I desperately tried to hide roll down my cheek. "Y-Yoona?"

 

Seeing you having a harder time than I 

 

"Are you alright Yoong?" I wanted to hurt myself so bad. Why was it that I was so weak and self-centered when there were others that hace gone through worse than I? I didn't get how, in stories, the poor had faced more hardships because to me, it seems as though my story wasn't like that. To see him still smiling and holding back all that harsh pain broke me.

 

Made me cry like a child

 

------

 

We stuck together ever since he found me on the street, begging for food. I made so many mistakes in the past that my parents disowned me and got me to earn my food on the streets. He was kind enough to take me in despite the fact that he still couldn't make enough for himself. He always wanted company though, and I provided him with just that. This used to be just a friendly connection, that just got bigger every minute we spent together. It's unexplainable.

 

There’s a connection in our relationship
A huge one that I can’t explain in words

 
 
 
Our conversations were the staple of our relationship. They sometimes varied from humorous to serious to heartbreaking. We conversed very well, as if we knew that the other would take in all we said. Without conversations, most of our memories would be gone.
 
 

Our conversations, piled with memories
Continue on today

 

------

 

"Yoona, please. Don't let the take you away. Please." I let myself smile sadly at the outcome. His mother managed to find us, and now she wanted to get rid of me. I felt myself being pulled by two buff men while three were holding Donghae down. I looked up and saw his panic-stricken face.

 

"Donghae," he choked back on his tears and I felt mine creeping up as well, "I won't forget you, right?" This question made him furrow his eyebrow.

 

You won’t be forgotten in my heart, right?

 

"Yoona, what are you-"

 

"I'll always see you smile at me... right?" I felt tears rolling down my face, but I still tried to smile. His eyes were wider than ever and he struggled more to get the three men off him.

 

You’ll remain in my eyes as you smile, right?

 

"Get off me. Y-Yoona, don't play games with me. Come on, let's just resist. Yoona, please. Resist. Please!"

 

"Donghae please...just smile for me, okay?" He was crying hysterically, pleading at me not to go. "Can't you just stop being stubborn and smile?"

 

"Yoong, why are you not doing anything? Why are you letting them-"

 

"I'm happy that you decided to take me in when no one would. I'm ecstatic at the fact that I am your girlfriend. I'm so glad that my life ended up like this. There's one thing that I wish for before they take me. Please, just stay just as happy as you were with me. I want my joy to make you joyful, and my happiness to be yours. Can't you do that for me, and smile one last time to me?"

 

If my joy can become your happiness
I’ll be thankful

 
 
He looked awestruck for a bit before wiping away his tears and tugging his lips up in to a small smile. His tears were held back while the three men dragged him away. I felt the gun reach up to my head and I breathed in.
 
 
Bang.
 
 
I heard rapid footsteps and felt a droplet of water fall on to my face. The noise then sounded unclear, but I know who and what was said.
 
 
I wanted so badly to rise up and tell him that I felt the same too.

 

----------

 

I'm just going to say this straight out. I'm ashamed.

 

I know this song was supposed to be happy, but I let my grumpiness get in the way and I made the whole story rushed, probably confusing, and unfitting with the song. The song was supposed to be pictured as fluffy and cute, but I did the complete opposite. I do not like this story at all.

 

Well it's too late to change it. Comment and Subscribe.

 

Can someone tell me what upvoting is?