Another Time Same Sky

30 Day IPod Shuffle Challenge for YoonHae (FAILED)

Song:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q6nAsCi1Ev8


I blinked back tears as my feet took its first steps on this unfamiliar land. Each movement was painful and every minute felt like hours.

 

"Wait here while I go take a call. Don't go anywhere," my mother said, pointing to the spot I was supposed to wait in. My feet heavily trudged over and I sat on one of my mother's suitcases, blankly staring at the busy atmosphere that was off doing its own thing, leaving me alone to be left unentertaining and busied with my own painful thoughts. My tears that I held back dried as I stared at the large glass window, taking in the bright hues of the sun as it began to set. 

 

As I wait for you with nothing to do
My welled up tears are dyed with the sunset

 

"Donghae," I breathed out, remembering the outline of his face, the pained expression with those glazed eyes, those trembling hands that grasped on to mine, and those quivering lips that couldn't say any words. The more I remembered, the more it stabbed me in the heart over and over. The way he tried to assure me that he will always be waiting for me on the other side, not giving up the last shred of hope that could barely survive was heart shattering and the way he tried not to cry himself

 

Left me to break down completely and let my heart rush on to the point where it couldn't run anymore.

 

You, who is waiting for me at the other side of time
Are rushing my heart again

 

The finishing blow that unfortunately couldn't end this useless life was that he was so far away, without contact. Where I was awake, he will forever be asleep. Where I fell in to slumber, he was up and running. Where I was in the bright sun of California, he was in the cold night of Korea.

 

The more I thought about our situation, the more I realized how unfortunate our love was destined to be, weaved in and out of problems that couldn't be solved and fates that had to cross in to ours.

 

Under the same sky, in a different time
Our sad love has tangled

 

"Yoona, let's go. Your matchmaker won't be pleased if you aren't there looking your best."

 

"Yes, mother. I'm coming." I felt myself turn away and walk farther from the place I longed to be, the place where our love was formed, the place where he was still waiting for me.

 

-----

 

I met the matchmaker the same day I arrived to this lonely place, already being set up with another man. He was kind, and wasn't a bad person, but he wasn't Donghae. He didn't have a Nemo obsession nor did he have a for back hugs. He didn't have a habit of scratching his neck whenever he was nervous, or call me Yoong nonstop. He wasn't the same as Donghae, so I couldn't love him. I didn't want to anyway.

 

Staring up at the bright white moon, breathing in the fresh air that stung cold on my skin, I let my tears slowly roll down my face. I pleaded to excuse myself from the date and hid up on the balcony, not wanting others to see how pathetic I looked. It was too hard to go without him for a day, so I couldn't bear the fact that I had to go without him for more than a decade. We had no contact and our parents forbid us from meeting up any longer. We were to be forever separated. and there was no joy that we would be able to see each other again.

 

The moon comforted me with its bright beams pulling me to a cold embrace. I smiled at the gesture and closed my eyes and prayed that Donghae remembered my smile. I wished for the moon to send the message to him, along with a memory of my smile to be given to him if there were ever a chance where he would forget.

 

I stayed like that for a while, lost in my past thoughts until my mother came up.

 

I place my earnest heart in the moonlight
So I can shine brightly wherever you are

 

"Yoona! How could you ditch our date to just hide up here the whole time. Come over here! Look, you're shivering. When will you stop being such a burden and-"

 

"I'm sorry mother. I will not do that any longer. Is he still down?"

 

"Y-Yes, but that's not the point. Why were you up here? Were you thinking about their son? I knew the Lee's would brainwash you in to this girl with no common sense and-"

 

"I'll be down..." I quietly whispered, starting to walk down the spiral stairs, trying to keep my smiling face from faltering. I approached the blind date and bowed politely. There was really no use to crying about the past now, for that is for another time. For now, I will smile and live life properly. It wasn't for my mother's sake or my own, but for the man who said he'd wait. If he could really wait forever...

 

I will wait forever as well. I will wait until time decides to bring us together.