THE Talk, from THE Man

What Did We Get Ourselves Into?

 

This way please.” A middle-aged woman said as she leads us down a hallway and into an elevator. I feel the elevator stop and the door opens. “Follow me.”


 

She leads us into a huge room with a incredibly long oak conference table with at least 20 chairs. “Please take a seat. Mr. Kim CEO will be in in a few minutes.” Oh no, Mr. Kim CEO is going to talk to us as well?! My heart sinks as I sit in a chair towards the middle of the table.


 

In just 2 minutes, Mr. Kim CEO enters the room, followed by Chanyeol and a middle-aged man. Chanyeol takes a seat next to me and squeezes my hand, giving me a slightly worried look. I bite my lip as I hear someone clearing their throat. I turn my attention to Mr. Kim CEO. “So, it has been brought to my attention that in just a little over an hour ago something happened. Do either of you mind explaining to me what happened?” His tone was serious. Chanyeol and I look at each other. He mouths 'It's my fault.' My eyes widen and I mouth back 'No it's not!', but I was too late.

“Mr. Kim CEO, I take full responsibility for what happened. Sumi was just caught up in it..” Chanyeol, what on Earth are you doing?!

“I see.” We sat in silence as he looked as if he was contemplating something. He turns his attention to me. “Would you like to add anything, young lady?”

“well... You see... We just started talking... And then we danced together... And we talked a lot more... Then we both had something to drink... And emotions were raging...”

“I see. So you both were drunk? Then I suppose this little scandal was accidental and didn't mean anything-”

I cut him off. “If I can cut in, Mr. Kim CEO, we were not drunk. I had accidentally taken a sip of a drink that was meant for Chanyeol which happened to have some alcohol in it. I promise that neither of us was drunk.”

“Oh? Then what happened had happened for a reason?” He leaned towards us, raising an eyebrow. Neither Chanyeol nor I speak. I feel his fingers start moving a bit, as if he were trying to clench his hand into a fist. I hadn't realized that he was still holding my hand. I glance down at our hands. Mr. Kim CEO notices my glance and leans over to look underneath the table. “So... Is there something you two want to tell me?” He has a grin on his face. Both Chanyeol and I must have had scared expressions on our faces, because he looked amused. “Well, how do you both suppose that we get through this little scandal we have going on?” I look at my manager with worried eyes, trying to get him to start talking for me. He nods and looks at Mr. Kim CEO.

“Well, sir, I think that we could play on this.” CEO looks perplexed.

“Go on.”

“I think that this scandal can actually do both of our companies a lot of good.”

“How so?”

“This scandal is already garnering a lot of attention, and it only happened just an hour ago.”

“You do make a good point.”

“Mr. Kim CEO, have you decided how you're going to go about this?” The middle-aged man said, making me jump. Chanyeol tries to hold back a laugh.

“No, I haven't. Do you have any suggestions?”

“Actually, sir, I do. I believe that both sides should go on with business as usual, and not do any interviews or variety show appearances, acting like nothing happened. If both parties comply and do this, it will build tension with the public, making them dying to know the details of what happened at that party, and if the rumors are true.”

“And how is that beneficial to both parties?” My manager asks.

“If everything goes on as normal, after a few weeks, both parties can schedule an appearance on various variety shows and talk about what happened. By doing this, they release the built up tension, giving both sides a lot of attention. But of course, before the appearances, both parties must not associate, in order to build up even more tension and bringing the public to wonder if anything really is going on.”

“Woah, woah, woah. We aren't allowed to see or talk to each other? That is ridiculous!” I squeeze Chanyeol's hand and slam my other down onto the table.

“It's only for a couple weeks.” The man smirked. Do NOT give me that look.

“Well.. If it is Mr. Kim CEO's wish, then we shall comply with the rules and not associate.” Chanyeol says, dropping my hand and standing up. I look up at him with a hurt expression, then stand up and walk out of the room, trying to hold back tears.


 

He's such a jerk, I say in my head as I lean against the wall and slide down to the floor. I can't believe that he would just give in that easily. That he would change his mind about me in an instant. Maybe he really didn't mean it, and just saw that I could be used. “Whatever.” I say, digging my nails into the short grey carpet. “If he doesn't want me, that's his problem. Forget him.” I lean my head back, close my eyes, and start singing to myself, trying to take my mind off of the pain I feel inside.


 

I feel someone poke my shoulder. I open my eyes to see that it's my manager. “Why were you asleep out here all alone for so long?”

“Oh, I didn't realize that I had fallen asleep.”

“Well, are you ready to come talk to Mr. Kim CEO? He wants to talk to you for a few minutes.” Great. That means I have to go in there again.

“As ready as I'll ever be.” I groan, standing up and adjusting the bottom of my dress.


 

I walk into the room to find Chanyeol and the middle-aged man starting to leave. Chanyeol gives me a smile. I turn my head and make myself look angry. “Sit down here, Miss Sumi.” I take the seat Mr. Kim CEO was gesturing me to, it happened to be the seat immediately to his right. “I can tell that you are pained. Can you please tell me why?”

“Well, you see, I know that Chanyeol and I have only known each other for a short amount of time, but it really hurt that he would agree to not seeing me. I just.. thought that he would try to fight it like I did...” I look down at my hands.

“Maybe it's for the best.” He puts a sympathetic hand on my shoulder.

“Sigh. I suppose you're right.”

“Of course I'm right.” He chuckles. “I do believe that I have held you here too long. You may go now. Go to sleep when you get back to your room and have a good rest. This will all be over before you know it.”

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

wookie_96's note:

Hopefully I'll have a even longer update tomorrow. My teachers are bothering me about scheduling my classes for next year, and planning for college, so I couldn't update any more than this.

Anyway, I hope you like the story thus far. ^___^

Here's a treat: Some of my favorite pictures of Krisus. ;D

HOLY CRAP. I THINK, I JUST DIED.

 

 

Quick, someone save me!!

Okay, I'm better. Thanks Xiumin. :3