The Variety Show

What Did We Get Ourselves Into?

 

"Celebrate!" He exclaims, grabbing my hand and pulling me towards the elevator.


 

He takes me to a cute little family-run ice cream parlor, and orders the biggest sundae they offer. When the server sits the sundae in between us, I almost have a heart-attack. "Chanyeol, it's so big! How are we going to finish it all?" I say, will wide-eyes. The sundae is made with Neapolitan ice cream, with a ton of hot fudge, caramel, cherries, and bananas.

"Don't worry, we can finish it." He says, his lips.


 

After about 2 hours, we manage to eat the last spoonful of ice cream, and then sink into our chairs. "Unnnnggg... I won't be able to eat anything again for a week..." I murmur.

"Me either..." He groans.

"My tummy hurts." I say as I sit up, lay my head on the table, and close my eyes.


 

"Huh?" I sit up and look around. I'm in my bed. "How did I get here?" I lift up my blankets and see I'm still wearing my clothes. Chanyeol must have brought me back. I look at the clock. 6am. I suppose I better go on and get up. I take a really long shower, and take a seat on the couch to watch some TV.


 

'Are you ready?' Chanyeol texts me.

'Yes. I'm so nervous.'

'Don't be. Anyway, come on down, I'm waiting.'

'Okay!'


 

I run into my room and put on a leaf green colored long sleeved mini-dress with brown polka-dots, matching brown leggings, and brown boots. I run out the door, down the hallway, and into the elevator. When it stops at the lobby, I run out, out the door, and over to Chanyeol, waiting on me with his car. "You look great." He smiles as he opens the passenger side door for me.

"Thank you." I say, to both the compliment and to him opening the door.


 

We arrive on the set of the variety show Mr. Kim CEO has signed for us to do. "Oh, so we're going to be on Star King?" I ask Chanyeol as he takes my hand and leads me through the doors and onto the set.

"Yes. He felt like it wasn't too hardcore of a show to have us appear on."

"Oh! I see you both are are all ready?" A stylist asks when she almost walks into us. We both look at each other, then back at her, nodding. "Great! Right this way then!" She leads us onto the set and shows us our seats.

"Thank you." We both say in unison as we bow deeply to her.

She starts blushing and looking slightly embarrassed. "No need." She giggles with her hand over , turns and walks away.


 

"Welcome to Star King everyone!" Hodong exclaims as everyone claps. "We have a very special episode for you today. Tae-Ti-Seo is here!" The audience cheers as Tiffany, Taeyeon, and Seohyun stand up to bow and wave at the audience and camera. "Jang Wooyoung!" Wooyoung stands up and does a cute little bow and wave. "C-Clown!" All six of them stand up and do the same Wooyoung. "And two very special guests, Chanyeol and Sumi!" We both stand up, bow, and wave in unison. "I bet all of you are VERY interested in what these two have to say." He chuckles. "And now, a very special musical guest, a 9-year-old singer from Brazil!" Hodong steps aside and gestures to a girl walking towards the front of the stage.


 

"We have had a very entertaining show today, haven't we?" We all laugh. "Now, I would like everyone to turn their attention to Chanyeol and Sumi. I'm sure we all have some questions that we would love for them to answer." I look at Chanyeol and give him a worried look. He smiles to give me reassurance. "First off, could the both of you please explain to us what exactly happened at that party."


 

Chanyeol and I explain everything, and give each of our sides of the story, and reveal that we are, in fact, in a relationship. "Ohhh. So the picture was taken by an unknown member of the paparazzi who was not authorized to be at the party?" We both nod. "And you both really ARE in a relationship?" We both smile and nod. "Now that we have that sorted out, audience, you can now ask these two questions." Hodong walks over to the audience and chooses a teenage girl to stand up and ask us her question.

"My question is for Chanyeol. Do you REALLY like Sumi?"

Chanyeol looks over at me with a gaze. "Yes, I do." All the girls in the audience squeal and swoon. I blush really hard and look at my hands while smiling like an idiot.

"Woah." Hodong says while smiling. "Next question." He gestures to another girl and she scurries up to him.

"My question is for Sumi. Do you feel the same way towards Chanyeol?" I turn my head to look at him, biting my lower-lip with a huge smile.

"Yes. Very much." Chanyeol turns red and looks away.

"These two really are cute, aren't they?" Hodong says in the same way a mother would talk about her daughter and her first crush. "Anymore questions?" A rather small little boy raises his hand, and Hodong immediately gestures him over, and hands him the microphone.

"Are you going to get married?" He asks in a cute voice. Our eyes widen and the set erupts with laughter.

"Now, now." Hodong manages to say through his laughter. "These two are too young to worry about marriage." I see the little boy mouth the word 'oh' and run cutely back to his mother. "I think that's enough questions for today." He chuckles. This is really embarrassing.

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

wookie_96's note:

Sorry if I can't update very quickly for a while... I'm having a little rough patch with my dad... So it's going to be a little hard to update like I would like to...