First Day of Our Assignment

What Did We Get Ourselves Into?

 

We arrive at a beige concrete and marble house made in a tradtional-made-modern way. The cameras start rolling and we are given our first mission: decorate the house, put everything away in their rightful places, and cook dinner. We walk in and put our bags down.

 

We walk in to a open spaced living room. "Woah!" We muse in unison. We walk around the house, seeing where everything is. There are only two standard-sized bedrooms, two roomy bathrooms, a large kitchen, and a large living room. When I walk into what will me Chanyeol's, mine, and our baby's bedroom, I see Chanyeol's luggage waiting for me to put them away. Of course, they make me put his stuff up too.

 

I finish putting everything away in my bedroom, and head to the living room. "How is the house supposed to be decorated?" I ask P.D.

"Like a real home." She tells me.

"Like with pictures and stuff?" I ask. She nods. "Okay then." I look around and find a box full of stuff that the crew has brought for us to decorate the house with. I find a picture frame, but with no picture. I take it and sit it on the TV mantel. "We'll take a picture when everyone meets, and I'll put it in there." I tell the camera. I go back to the box and rummage through it, finding two cute teddy bears. I take them over to the white couch and sit them side-by-side in the center. "The babies will love the teddy bears!" I sing.

 

After about 30 minutes, the house is finally decorated, even the bedrooms and the bathrooms. Jiyoung and I scour the cabinets in search of ingredients to cook dinner with. "What are you two cooking?" I hear someone say from behind us. We turn to see Kevin smiling at us.

"We were searching for ingredients to make some stew." Jiyoung tells him.

"Sounds yummy." Chanyeol says as he appears from behind Kevin. Jiyoung and I giggle, and continue to search the cabinets and refrigerator.

 

Dinner is finally prepared, and we sit down. Just as we go to dig in, P.D. stops us. "You all must answer some questions before you are allowed to eat. If you answer correctly, then you will be allowed to eat. Alright?" We all look nod in unison. "Great! First question: When you are married and have a family, who is the most important in the family?" My hand shoots up and I wave it around as if it were on fire. "Your answer, Sumi?"

"The children of course!"

"Correct! You may eat now."

"Mmm." I start slowly eating my stew, savoring every spoonful.

"Next question: What is the most stressful part of having a family?" Chanyeol and Jiyoung's hands shoot up at the exact same time, Kevin's only seconds after. "Jiyoung and Chanyeol, you two must decide who will answer."

"Rock, Paper, Scissors?" Chanyeol suggests.

"You're on!"

 

"Yes! I won!" Jiyoung exclaims, pumping her fists in the air. Chanyeol turns away and pouts, making me pinch his cheek and make faces at him.

"What's your answer then?" P.D. asks her.

"Money, time, and the relationship with the spouse." She answers confidently.

"Good job! Boys, it looks like the girls are outdoing you." P.D. teases. "Next question: Who develops more quickly, boys or girls?" Chanyeol raises both of his hands and waves them around like a little kid. "Yes, Chanyeol?"

"Girls!" He exclaims, a little TOO excitedly.

"Good job!" She praises. He immediately starts devouring his food, making his cheeks puff out from being filled.

"You look like Xiumin." I giggle. He smiles at me and makes bunny ears on top of his head, making me giggle. Everyone looks over at us because of how much noise we are making. "Sorry." I say, trying not to burst out laughing.

"Last question, and it's obviously for Kevin." P.D. says, laughing because Kevin is sitting there eying his food longingly. "Alright, here it goes: What is the number one thing that you never do when raising a family?"

"Leaving the kids alone without any supervision." He says.

"Good! Now you may eat as well."

 

"Have a good night's sleep everyone." P.D. says as we make our way to our bedrooms. "Tomorrow will be the weddings, and the day you meet your kids."

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

wookie_96's note:

Here's the house:

Like it? I thought it was pretty and traditional, with a modern twist. :3