The Party: Part 1

What Did We Get Ourselves Into?

 

FLASHBACK

 

“Oh, Miss Nee, you may come on in. Your members already arrived.” A tall muscular man said, pushing back a horde of paparazzi that were trying to take pictures to let me into the building.

“Thank you.” I slight bow as I disappear into the doorway.

 

Lights of all colors were flashing and music was blasting as I walk through the crowd. “Hey girl!” I hear and someone grabs my wrist and pulls me to the back. I turn to see that it's one of my members, Jiyoung.

“Hey! I see the party started without me?” I laugh as she sits me down on a red couch next to two of my other members, Hanbyul and Shinyoung.

“I see you finally made it?” Shinyoung joked. Her medium brown curls bouncing around her face. She looked really pretty in that red party dress.

“Yeah. I wanted to make sure I got here 'fashionable late'.” I wink. They all three giggle. “So who as is here?” I start looking around the room.

“Well, pretty much everyone.” Jiyoung says, tugging on her pastel pink ruffled dress before sitting next to me.

“Oh? Maybe I could go and see who all I can spy.” I wink at her mischievously.

“Well don't get yourself in trouble. You do remember what happened the last time all of the idols had a party like this?” They all giggled.

“Don't worry, I'm a good maknae.” I say innocently, standing up to adjust my dress before I start walking into the crowd.

“Wait!!” Hanbyul yells, stopping me.

“What? Oh.” She starts adjusting my dress.

“If you're going to wear a dress like that, at least fix it correctly.” She scolds as she adjusts the ribbon on my natural waist. “There. Now THAT is how you wear an aqua blue party dress!” She stands there admiring her work. “Now go on, and have fun!” She moves her hands in a 'shoo' motion.

 

I walk through the crowd, scanning to see if I see anyone interesting. “Hey.” I turn to see Kevin from U-KISS smiling at me.

“Hey Kevin. Jiyoung is in the back sitting on the red couch. I think you should go ask her to dance.” I hug him.

“Thanks.” He says, blushing and walking in the direction from which I came.

 

I keep walking and find myself at the bar. I don't drink. Maybe they have something that isn't alcoholic, I think to myself. “Umm, excuse me? Do you have anything that doesn't have any alcohol in it?” I ask a young boy behind the bar. His eyes widen when he looks at me.

“Umm... A-all that we have non-alcoholic is f-f-fruit punch.”

“That's fine.” He shakily hands me a glass filled with red liquid and green ice cream. “Thank you.” I slightly bow to him, and turning my attention back to the dance floor.

 

Tried to Walk by B1A4 comes on overhead, and I sit my glass down and run to the dance floor to dance and sing to it with them. Pretty soon, we were the only ones on the dance floor- everyone else was standing around us, watching with sparkling eyes. “Work it Sumi!” I hear Hanbyul say from the crowd, causing me to giggle as I stand face to face with Baro and we rap his part to each other.

 

As the song finishes, everyone starts clapping and we all mix together and dance to Sorry Sorry by Super Junior. While we're dancing I feel someone touch my shoulder. I look up to see it's Chanyeol from EXO. “Well, well, well. What do we have here?” I giggle.

“Hmm let me think... Trouble?” He laughs and starts dancing with me as B.A.P's Rain Sound starts playing.

“I don't think we've properly been introduced before. My name is Sumi. I'm the maknae and main rapper of DNA.”

“I'm Chanyeol, EXO's main rapper.” He chuckles. “How about we request a song?” I nod and he pulls me towards the DJ. He grabs a pad of paper off of the turntable and turns to me. “Which song?”

“Here.” I say, grabbing it from his hands and quickly writing down a song.

“Which one did you request?” He asks, trying to see what I had written down.

“It's a surprise. You'll know what it is when it comes on.” I wink, handing the pad of paper to the DJ. He smiles at me and gives the a 'thumbs up'. “Now come on, I want to sit down for a few minutes.”

 

We get to the bar and sit down. “H-here's your punch, m-miss. I thought you would come back, s-so I sat it back here and away from the others.” The boy said to me, still looking nervous.

“Thank you. That was really thoughtful.” I smile at him, taking a sip of the punch.

“Could you get me a strawberry daiquiri, please?” Chanyeol asks the boy. The boy gives him a weird look, then turns around to make him one.

“What's with him?” I whisper to Chanyeol.

“I think he has a crush on you.” He winks.

“Oh please.” I giggle.

“But he feels threatened by me being with you.”

“What do you mean?”

“It's a guy thing. When we like a girl, we get jealous when we see her around another guy. It's a territorial thing.”

“Ohhh. Girls are like that too.”

“Here you go sir.” The boy slides Chanyeol his drink. Chanyeol tips his head to him, then turns his attention back to me.

“So...”

 

“So... What?” I ask. Right at that moment, my requested song came on, making me jump up, grab Chanyeol's hand, and run to the center of the dance floor.

“You requested MAMA?” He chuckles as I start dancing to it.

“Yeah, I like that song.” I tell him, starting to sing Lu Han's part.

“If you were going to try to flatter me, the least you could have done was request the Korean version.” He laughed, dancing with me.

“It wasn't for flattery.” I lied.

 

I see Suho come over to us. “Hey Chanyeol, what's the big idea requesting MAMA?”

“It wasn't me. It was her.” He says, gesturing to me. Suho looks me up and down.

“Oh. I didn't know you had found yourself that girl that you wouldn't stop talking about.” He winks at him. What did he mean 'that girl that you wouldn't stop talking about'?

“Hyung!” He scolds. He must not have wanted me to know that. “Go away!” Suho chuckles at Chanyeol's embarrassment.

“You're starting to sound like Sehun.” He laughs and walks away.

“So you talk about me, eh?” I smirk.

“You weren't supposed to know that.” He rubs the back of his neck with his hand.

“It's okay. For what it's worth, I talk about you too.” I smirk and trace his jawline with my finger as I walk towards the back of the room.

 

I get back to the red couch to see Hanbyul hung all over a member of VIXX, while Shinyoung is sitting there uncomfortably. “Sumi!” She yells in relief, jumping up and running to me. “Thank GOODNESS you are here. I couldn't take THAT anymore.” She gestures towards Hanbyul and makes a disgusted face, making me laugh. Chanyeol appears at my side and Shinyoung's smile fades. “Oh.. You too, huh?”

“Wait, what?” I ask, confused. She walks off before I could get an answer.

“Hey Sumi, doing GOOD.” Hanbyul says, lightly kicking my leg with her heel. I grab Chanyeol's hand and take a seat next to her, pulling him down with me.

 

“Oh! We forgot our drinks!” I exclaim, remembering that we left our glasses at the bar.

“We can get them for you.” Hanbyul says, standing up with that guy from VIXX. “We were just going over there to get something. What did you guys have?”

“I had a fruit punch and Chanyeol had a strawberry daiquiri.” They disappear into the crowd.

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Wookie_96's note:

Update for my lovelies. :)

In case you wondering what the dress looked like, here is the top of it:

Anyways, the scandal hasn't happened yet. It will soon though. ;D