Acting Cute at the Playground

What Did We Get Ourselves Into?

 

I wake up to complete silence and darkness. Huh? I must have fallen asleep. I get up and tiptoe around, checking to make sure everyone was asleep. I tiptoe back to the couch and grab my phone, unlocking it to see what time it is. It's 3am? Jeez. Oh! I have a text message. I click the icon and read it. 'Are you awake?' Chanyeollie.

'Yes, I'm awake. I just woke up.'

'Oh, did I wake you? :/'

'No, no, no. I woke up because I accidentally fell asleep really early.'

'Ohhh. Well, do you want to meet me? I really want to see you. :3'

'But of course! :) Where do you want to meet me?'

'Meet me at the playground close to the market.'

'Okay! I'll be there in 10 minutes! :3'


 

I quietly run into my bedroom and put on a pair of sapphire blue tights, a pair of white washed shorts, and an oversized black t-shirt with a large white DJ skull on it. Shoes...? I think as I try to quietly rummage through my closet. These! I grab my white Doc Marten's and pull them on. Shoving my phone in my pocket, I tiptoe to the door and grab my key card.


 

I run to the playground as quickly as I can, feeling like a fugitive on the run from the police. I get there and sit on a swing, pumping my legs in order to swing back and forth. After a little while I feel someone next to me. I stop swinging and turn to see Chanyeol sitting on the swing next to me. “Chanyeol!” I exclaim, jumping up off of the swing and attacking him with a hug.

“Hello.” He chuckles, hugging my back tightly.

“Have you seen the news?”

“No, but I heard.”

“Are we in trouble?” I give him a worried look.

He takes my hands in his and looks into my eyes. “Don't worry, we're not in trouble. I promise you that this will be all over soon.” He gives me a sweet smile and kisses my cheek.

I instantly start smiling like an idiot. “Thank you for being reassuring. You really know how to make me feel better, like I don't have any worry in the world.”

“You just read my mind.” He smiles back, leaning in slowly to kiss me softly.”


 

“Let's play around before it gets too late in the morning.” Chanyeol chimes, pulling me into the playhouse that was reminiscent of an American Civil War fort. We weave through the fort and he sits me down on a slide, pushing me down and sliding down after me. Giggling, I start running away to go back into the fort.

“Catch me if you can!” I yell, diving into a tunnel and crawling my way to the other side. I run as fast as I can over the rope bridge and swing myself through the monkey bars. I stop at a split. Which way? Which way? I hear Chanyeol laughing from the beginning of the monkey bars. I give up deciding and run to the right, straight into another set of monkey bars. I make my way through them, then run to the other side of the fort. Dead end. I begin to panic. All of a sudden, a pair of arms wrap around my and whirl me around.

“I caught you.” Chanyeol whispers, making both of us giggle. He sets me down, I turn around and stick my tongue out at him, then run to the nearest slide and run to the huge rainbow colored monkey dome. I climb my way to the top and sit there. Soon, Chanyeol joins me.


 

“Look, this monkey dome is made up of EXO logos.” I laugh, tracing the hexagon with my finger. He laughs and lays his head on my shoulder.

“You're too short for me to lay my head on your shoulder.” He jokes, sitting up.

“I think it's because you're too tall.” I giggle, playfully punching his shoulder.


 

I sneak my way back into DNA's dorm room, and crawl into bed while having a huge goofy smile on my face. This night can't get any better, I think to myself as I slowly drift off to sleep.

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

wookie_96's note:

I kind of had writer's block because I was trying to come up with an idea for a friend's story, so I wrote this. I hope it's entertaining enough. If not, here's something that might make up for it:

Mhmm. Very nice indeed. ;D

Oh My Shisus, I'm crying!! X"D