Nerd.

Hidden Beneath Your Smile

66446_492530630793209_188368986_n.jpg

(Not my picture, credit to whoever owns this. I can't find a direct link to put this as the main image, so I'm just putting it here.)

Jinyoung POV

Morning...? I groaned, smashing my hand on the alarm to turn it off. I got up from my bed, making my way to the bathroom. My face...I examined myself, gently touching my eye. I look terrible. I have several different lacerations through out my body. My eye is black, and my face has a large cut. My lip is also slightly swelled. I sighed. I get teased enough by people from school, I can't imagine what kind of comments this will attract.

----

I finished fixing my hair, nodding my head in approval at my reflection. Honestly, I don't have the most flattering hairstyle, but with this, no one can suspect my past. I grab my bag on the floor on the way out the door.

-------------------------

Chorong POV

"Finished~" I said, putting the bandage on my face. I'm really glad this is all I have to do to treat my cut. But for Jinyoung... I frowned at my reflection. He should had just let me treat his wounds like last time. He seemed really hurt... I wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't show up at school today. As for me, I really don't want to school, but of course I have to. Who knows when Jong Kook or his thugs will show up... I shake the bad thoughts out of my head. No, Chorong. Happy thoughts, happy thoughts.

-------------------------

Chorong POV

I locked my front door, walking my way towards school.

"Hey." I turn to the direction of the voice. It was Jinyoung, leaning against a pole, smiling. What's he doing here?

"Jinyoung? Why are you here?" I grin. Jinyoung shrugged, walking towards me.

"I thought you could use some company." Jinyoung chuckled. I giggled, walking by his side. I glance at Jinyoung's face, and he looks so different... and not just his scars. Compared to yesterday night, Jinyoung's hair is combed straight down. His hair last night was cool and styled differently. Also, he's wearing large glasses. It's like he's a whole different person. But, that doesn't matter. Looks never really mattered to me anyway.

As we were walking, I noticed Jinyoung was limping. It really concerns me he's still going to school...

"Are you sure you want to go to school? Your leg.." I said, hearing the concern in my own voice. Jinyoung just smiled, shaking his head.

"Yeah, I'm used to stuff like this. I know, my face is really messed upI don't care if people make fun of me. I'm used to that too." He chuckled, but I didn't think it was funny at all. Jinyoung's right, there is mean people at our school, and they will make fun of him. I sigh to myself. Iv'e seen the way people look at Jinyoung. Not alot of people like him, they just him from judge his looks. Which makes me mad, because they don't even know how nice and funny he is.

------------------------

Jinyoung POV

When we arrived at the school gate, I made up an excuse to get separated from her. She refused first, but she eventually gave in. I want to hang out with her, but she might get back lash for being seen with a nerd like me...

"Good morning, Chorong!" A group of boys greeted Chorong. I looked back, and she was waving to them. There's like 10 of these dudes. Her fanboys I guess? After that, a swarm of students surronded her. They all wanted to say hi and hang out. Chorong obliged, but it looks like she's forcing a smile. Poor Chorong. I slightly chuckle.

"Move it, nerd." Minwoo purposely shoved my shoulder, walking past me with his posse. I have to resist the urge to round house kick him in his midget face. I sigh, picking up my bag from the floor. I saw a group of feet walking up to me. I look up, only to see the guys with horrified faces.

"Hyung! Your face. Another fight?" Gongchan pouted. I nodded. Channie really dislikes it when I get into fights. I really hate to let him down... I nodded in shame. The guys just sighed, patting my back.

"What happened this time?" Shinwoo asked, putting his arm over my shoulder. I obviously can't tell them the truth.

"This guy was trying to rob me. No big deal." I muttered, taking his arm off. They all just frowned at me.

"Jinyoung. We saw Chorong, she was hurt too. This can't just be a coincidence." Sandeul snapped. Baro, Gongchan, and Shinwoo nodded in agreement. I bit my lip. I want to protect Chorong's privacy though... I groaned.

"You can't say anything." I whispered. The guys nodded, huddling in. "I...helped Chorong. There was this guy trying to rob her. But he was strong and armed and...yeah." I lied. I don't even know why that guy attacked in the first place either, but I don't think I should ask her...

"You're like her savior these days, you know?" Baro mumbled. I just shrugged at his comment.

We all turned back around, only to see a girl right in front of us. Sandeul bumped into her, bowing as a sign of apology. She was red, stuttering all over the place. How long has she been standing there?

"I-I'm s-sorry!" She bowed, running away quickly. Strange... 

---------------------------------

Chorong POV

"Did you get beat up for your lunch money?" I heard a group of students laughing. I looked up from my seat, only realizing their words were directed at Jinyoung. Jinyoung was walking in the classroom, ignoring their rude comments. He casually walked to his seat, Gongchan and Baro following him shortly after. But when they walked in, the same group of students that teased Jinyoung, kindly greeted Gongchan and Baro. What a bunch of ups...

-------

After this class ended, I got up to go to the restroom. My wound is strangely stinging, so I decided to check up on it. I was about to open the door the bathroom, but a group of girls gossiping about someone caught my attention. I usually ignore stuff like this, but who they were talking about made me stop and listen. I stood in the doorway, listening for more.

"I know right, a nerd like him can't even beat up a sack of bread." The girls in the restroom giggled. "I bet you he did it for attention. I mean, he doesn't look like someone who would go as far as robbing someone. Chorong especially!" Another girl exclaimed. What are they talking about...? I clenched my fists. Robbing? Iv'e had enough.

I slamed the door open, storming inside. The girls look shocked, their mouths hanging open. I walked up to one of them, looking at her straight in the eye.

"What nonsense are you talking about! Who told you this!" I yelled. The girl helplessly looked at her friends. She lowered her head, trying to hide her red face.

"I-I'm sorry! Everyone at school is starting to talk about this! I swear, none of us started the rumor!" The girl stammered. I groaned in frustration.

"What rumor? Explain now." I snap. The girl jumped a little, nodding.

"People are saying t-that Jinyoung tried to rob you, and that he had a knife and slashed your face... b-but before he could do any more harm, a man came and saved you! And beat up Jinyoung..." Her voice trailed off.

I felt my body boil up in rage. How did such a ridiculous rumor start? Something is fishy though... Yesterday night's situation is too similar to the rumor. Did Jinyoung have part in spreading the rumor? No... he's not like that. I'm so confused! I yell out in frustration, stomping out the room.

-----------------

I walked through the halls, searching for Jinyoung or any of his friends. I need to find out what's happening. I finally spotted Baro and Sandeul. They were leaning against the wall, talking. I quickly walked over to them.

"Oh hey, Cho--" I cut off Sandeul and drag him and Baro to a quieter part of the hall. "This is about the rumor, isn't it?" Baro pouted. I nodded. Sandeul sighed.

"I feel really bad for Jinyoung. He's getting alot of hate from all these people. The guys know the rumor is not true." Sandeul assured me. This is all my fault again...

"Did he tell you anything?" I ask. Baro and Sandeul looked at each other, sighing. That's a bad sign.

"We asked him why he was injured, and he said he got mugged by a guy. But, we knew he was lying. Sandeul, me, Channie, and Shinwoo saw you. We noticed you were injured too. So we asked if anything happened that involved you," Baro bit his lip. "And he said yeah, and explained that he saved you from a guy that tried to rob you. Is that a lie?" Baro said,    with a worrying look on his face. Why did Jinyoung tell them Jong Kook tried to rob me? It being Jinyoung, I think he told them that to protect me...

"Not exactly, Jinyoung really did save me..." I muttered. Sandeul patted my head.

"It's okay, you don't need to tell us what really happened. It's none of our business after all." He flashed a smile, Baro also. I grinned back.

"...Did you guys tell other people?" Baro frowned.

"No way, none of us would ever tell anyone ANYTHING if Jinyoung says not to. We promised we wouldn't. I'm positive the others didn't say anything either." Baro explained. If they didn't say anything, how did people find out? Suddenly, Sandeul gasped out loud.

"I-I think I know who started this!"

---------------------------------

Sandeul POV

The girl! The girl I bumped into earlier! It has to be her. I mean, first of all, she must standing right next to us! She must have heard us talking, and misheard it. And tell everyone in school... I can't believe she told people that JINYOUNG was the one that robbed Chorong. Even though Chorong told us the whole robbing thing was false anyway.... Jinyoung did save her though. He doesn't deserve any of this crap!

"Baro, remember? The girl that bumped into me this morning! It has to be her. We were separated from all the other students, and she was right next to us." It took a minute for Baro to remember, but he soon shared my excitement. Chorong was a little confused, so we both explained what happened.

"It must be her then... do you remember what she looked like?" Chorong asked, tilting her head.

Do I...? She was actually kind of cute now that I think about it. Long hair, big brown eyes. Yep, I definitely remember. I nod at Chorong, grinning.

"Baro and I will try to find her. I'll get the others to help too." Chorong suddenly grabbed Baro and I into a group hug. Aigoo~

"Thank you guys, I just don't want to cause Jinyoung more trouble.. I just want to make things right." She's always talking about Jinyoung. I know she just wants to fix everything, but I do notice she has special attention to Jinyoung. Omo, does she like him~? I smile to myself. Nahhh. Chorong wanted to go find Jinyoung, so we sent her off.

"Thanks again." Chorong chuckled, waving.

-----------------

Jinyoung POV

As I walk through the halls, I hear nasty comments directed towards me. I just ignore them though. It's been happening all day after all.

"Desperate enough to rob Chorong huh?" I heard a group of students snicker. That's the strangest thing I heard today. Rob? What are they talking about? I just shrug off their comment none the less.

I was about to walk out the school building, until I was suddenly pulled aside in the dark.

----------------------

Yeah my bad this chapter is short. The continuation is the next chapter though. Kekekkeke.

Subscribers and comments are very much enjoyed... by me c: