Valentine's Day Isn't So Bad.

Hidden Beneath Your Smile

A few days later~ (From the last chapter.)

Jinyoung POV

"Gongchan oppa! Please accept this!" A group of girls came up to me and Gongchan as we walked through the school gate, pushing notes and boxes into his hands. Gongchan happily took them, smiling. It's like I was invisible to them. Before they left, they all waved and smiled at him. Gongchan looked down to read the notes. One of the girls glared at me, but once Gongchan looked up again, she became all smiley again. Creepy....

"Read this one, Jinyoung." Gongchan chuckled, putting a note in my hand. Dear Gongchan, you might not know me very well, but the first time I saw you, I thought you were very handsome. You might not remember, but you helped me when I dropped my books in the hall. You are so nice! Please eat these homemade chocolates as my sign of love. "I'm flattered." Gongchan said, offering me a chocolate from the box.

"These aren't homemade." I muttered, peeling a price tag off the side. I waved it in his face, making him pout.

"Hmm, I kind of suspected. After all, these are too good to be homemade!" Gongchan laughed, popping another chocolate in his mouth.

"Oh! Hyung! Gongchan!" Channie and I turned to the direction of the voice. It was Sandeul, waving, with a box in his other hand. Baro and Shinwoo was with him also. And of course, holding boxes of chocolate. I looked down at my own hands, feeling unsatisfied with nothing. Back in middle school, I brought back so much chocolate, I didn't finish it even months after!

"Nothing this year either, huh Jinyoung?" Sandeul chuckled. I glared at him, smacking him in the back of the head.

"Yah, don't remind me..." I muttered. I hate Valentine's Day. Every year, I'm always awkwardly standing around with the guys, as they eat chocolate and read notes they recieve from multiple girls. They litterally get approached every 10 minutes. Then, there's me. The nerdy, quiet kid that gets nothing every year.

"Hey, Jinyoung, what's that?" Baro asked, pointing to the bag I was holding with his feet. I nearly forgot. I grabbed 4 boxes from the bag, handing it to each of the guys.

"Yes!" Shinwoo cheered, opening his box. He placed his other items on the floor, the guys soon doing the same. Do they like my chocolate that much? I laugh as they immediately scarf down the chocolate. Baro quickly swiped the bag from me, looking inside.

"Why is there extra?" He asked, picking one box up. Sandeul grabbed the bag from Baro.

"They're pink." Sandeul chuckled. He suddenly looked shocked, staring at Baro and Shinwoo. A stupid grin appeared on all their faces.

"Omo, are these for girls?" Shinwoo gasped, waving a box in his hand.

"It must be for Chorong!" Baro chuckled. I snatched the bag away from them, glaring.

"And her friends. I'm going to 'introduce' myself to them." They all just started laughing, remembering how invisible I am to to her friends.

"Good job, Jinyoung. But, you better get in line." Shinwoo patted my back, pointing to a large group of students. I looked a little closer, and I realize it was them. There was both girls and guys, crowding around the girls. Chorong isn't there though. Where is she..?

-------------------------------

Chorong POV

I'm so late...! I ran all around the house, trying to get ready as fast as possible. I just about to run out the door, when I realized I forgot something. The chocolate! I sprinted back to the kitchen, opening the refrigerator. Which one is the right one again? I scratched my head in a fit of confusion. One of them is the rancid chocolate, and the other is the store bought. I should have made them different colors.... I checked back at the clock. I don't have time for this! I quickly chose one and ran out of the house.

------------------------------

I ran through the school gate, feeling satisfied. I got here even before the school bell rang! I checked the large clock displayed on the school building, and back at my phone time. What...? My phone is wrong.... my phone time is 40 minutes later! I smashed my hand against my forehead. I can't believe I just....

I decided to just forget it. "Chorong! Please accept this!" A random guy came up to me, bowing as he held a chocolate package. And so it begins.

"Thank you!" I smiled, gently taking the chocolate from him. He awkardly bowed, running away quickly. Soon after that, 5 other guys came, offering notes and chocolate. I gently took it from each of them and thanking them. I'm getting gifts from so many other different people, but I'm kind of wondering if Jinyoung got me anything... 

I smiled at the thought. He probably didn't though. And speaking of Jinyoung...

I spotted Jinyoung with the guys, hanging out. I noticed they all were carrying candy and notes, except for Jinyoung. He was just standing there, holding a bag in his hand. I wonder what's in there? Chocolate? I don't care that much. I just want to talk to him.

"Jinyoung!" I called, trying to get his attention. Jinyoung didn't react, still talking with the guys. He didn't hear me? I sighed. "Jin--"

"Please a-accept this!" A boy stuttered, cutting me off. A swarm of students came up to me, all of them talking at once. I can't even hear myself think! Jinyoung was starting to leave, along with his friends. Wait...! I couldn't get through the crowd. I tried my best to push through, but it's no use. These people are too heavy. It's too late anyway, they already left. Someone help me.... T____T.

---------------------------------

Jinyoung POV

"I sent Bomi the text. They're meeting us in the back of the school, that is, if they can escape." Baro chuckled. We all laughed along with him, nodding. It may seem like a joke, but I bet Baro is pretty serious. Chorong and them's popularity at this school is no joke. They're treated like they're idols... or something.

We arrived at the back of the school. Bomi and the others aren't here. I gripped the handle of my bag tightly. I just hope  they would be willing to be seen with me from now on. The guys are really the only ones willing to. After a while, they arrived. Chorong isn't there though... We all greeted each other, and then, Eunji said something pretty crushing to my self esteem.

"Hi! I'm Eunji. We haven't met before, right?" She smiled, offering her hand to me. Sandeul burst out laughing at Eunji's mistake, and she was just left confused. I shook her hand anyway. Here it goes...

"Hi, I'm Jinyoung. Nice to meet you.. again." I awkwardly laughed. I glanced at the guys, and I can tell they were trying to keep straight faces. The girls looked quite shocked. Naeun's mouth was hanging open.

"You're Jinyoung?!" Naeun gasped, covering . She suddenly went up to my face, taking off my glasses.

"What are you..." She ruffled my hair, looking satisfied. She messed up my usual middle parting. Naeun started leaning close, our faces only inches apart. What is she doing?

"There! You look like Jinyoung now!" She giggled. "You were like a completely different person. I didn't recognize you! I think you should keep the same look like when we first met. You're really handsome~" The girls nodded their head in agreement. Naeun is really blunt....

She gave me back my glasses, giggling. I took them, placing them back on my face. After that, we all stood there, just hanging out after. Than I remembered about the bag. I reached inside of it, taking out 6 boxes. I handed each of the girls one, their faces lighting up.

"Omo, Jinyoung! Thanks!" Namjoo squealed. I just smiled, nodding.

"Jinyoung made them himself!" Gongchan added, putting his arm over my shoulder. The girls opened the boxes, taking out a single chocolate square. Yookyung was the first one to eat it.

"This is homemade? It tastes great! Unlike Chorong's." Yookyung laughed, eating another one. 

"Chorong's? What do you mean?" I asked. Did Chorong make chocolate too?

"Oh, nothing." Yookyung replied, eating more chocolate. They finished the chocolate in about 3 minutes flat. Amazing.

"Speaking of Chorong," Sandeul brought up, looking around. "Where is she?" The girls just shrugged their shoulders,eating more chocolate they got from their admirers.

"Who knows, we haven't seen her yet. Why? Does Jinyoung want to give her chocolate too?" Bomi tilted her head, still chewing. Before I can say anything, Sandeul nodded, answering for me. Hayoung suddenly grabbed my bag, looking inside.

"Oh my gosh! Jinyoung, why is her box bigger? Are you confessing to her! I'm envious!" Hayoung yelled. The girls crowded around her, trying to take a peek. They all started talking at once, complaining and squealing. 

"N-No! That was the only box left..." I muttered, taking the bag back. Baro, Channie, Shinwoo, and Sandeul just did that stupid grin again at me. While the girls just started giggling.

Really... that's the only reason!

---------------------------

Jinyoung POV

Gongchan, Baro, and I walked into the classroom, taking our seats in the back of the room. "Hyung, look." Gongchan quietly chuckled, pointing to the entrance of the class room. Chorong was carrying multiple packages and notes, dropping it on a near by desk. She left the class room, only returning with even more stuff! Chorong had her bag on the side. It was very bulky, probably stuffed with more chocolate. She began lugging it towards the back of the room, next to my desk. Chorong sheepishly smiled at me. I chuckled, walking towards the front. I picked up her items for her, carrying it to the back also.

"You're going to be carrying these around like that all day?" Chorong nodded, sitting down at the desk.

"My locker is full... and so is my bag. So I no other choice but to carry it around like this." Chorong groaned, banging her head on the desk. "I really like the chocolate, but it's just so heavy." I just patted her back. As we were talking, Minwoo suddenly came over, pushing my arm away.

"Hello Chorong. Hello nerd." Minwoo snooted, getting in between the desks. Chorong looked up, obviously faking a smile. Minwoo snapped his fingers, signaling his posse to come out of nowhere. I just watch events unfold from my desk. One of Minwoo's 'friends' was holding a large bag. Minwoo took it from his hand, taking out it's content. Guess what was in it? A heart-shaped box, probably containing chocolate. And a single rose.

"For my lady." Minwoo put the items on her desk. He just awkwardly stood there, waiting for her reaction. Chorong sat there for a moment, gawking at the items. Minwoo seemed to get impatient. He began tapping his fingers on her desk.

"It's... thank you Minwoo. This is really sweet." Chorong smiled, sniffing the rose. Minwoo started laughing as he turn towards me. He leaned on my desk, staring at me. 

"Beat that nerd." Minwoo cackled, walking away. I glanced at Chorong, and she was placing the items under her desk, along with all her other stuff. I just laughed at the sight.

"You want help carrying all that out later?" Chorong looked at me, obviously tired.

"Yes please."

-------------------------------

After school~

Jinyoung POV

The school bell rang, signaling the end of school. Chorong suddenly grabbed my hand, dragging me outside the classroom. She took me to a part of school no one really goes to. She released her grip on my hand, raising a bag she carried with her other hand up to my face. "Guess what this is." Chorong giggled, opening the bag.

"I don't know. Dog food?" Chorong laughed, taking a box out of the bag, handing it to me.

"Honestly, I tried to make chocolate myself. But I failed... so I resorted to store bought." She nervously laughed. I opened the box, and it had an assortment of different chocolates. A smell filled my nose. It's.... unique? Chorong suddenly gasped, trying to grab the box out of my hands. I wouldn't let her though.

"That's the rancid chocolate! I accidently grabbed the wrong box," Chorong groaned. "Give it to me, Jinyoung. You can just drop by my house real quick to get the real one." She tried pulling the box from me, but I just tightened on it. She looked up at me, raising an eyebrow.

"No, let me eat it." I insisted, pulling the box towards me. 

"You don't understand Jinyoung. It's absolutely terrible." Chorong replied, pulling the box towards her this time. "Bomi threw up 3 times." It can't be that bad. I tried grabbing it, but Chorong has an iron grip! I have to distract her somehow...

I released the box. Chorong looked surprised. "I didn't think you would give up that easily..." She muttered. I grabbed her wrist, leaning in close to her face. "W-what are y-you doing?" Chorong stuttered, her face turning red. I didn't say anything. Our faces were only a few inches apart by now.

"If you won't let me eat your chocolate, let me do this. Okay?" I whispered. To my surprise, she slowly nodded, closing her eyes. It's so hard not to laugh at her. She's gonna kill me once she realizes what I'm about to do....

I released her wrist, grabbing the box. I ran away, sticking my tounge out at her as she just stands there, shocked. "Sorry! You made me do this!" I yelled from behind my shoulder. Seems she finally wrapped her mind around what's happening. She started running towards me, waving her hand like an old person telling kids to get off their lawn.

"Jinyoung! Really!" She pouted. I just laughed. 

After about 5 minutes of running, I think I finally lost her. I sat down on the ground, putting the box in front of me. I honestly don't care if it's rancid chocolate. I have to kill my curiousity. I took a chocolate piece out, examining it closely. It smells wierd. It's a strange color. And I think it's suppose to be heart shaped? Looks more like a cat to me.

Am I really going to eat this...? I popped it into my mouth, slowly chewing. It tastes...

---------------------------

Chorong POV

I finally found Jinyoung. He was sitting under the tree, holding a piece of chocolate. No...! I immediately ran to him, tackling him down on the grass. I was laying on top of him, grabbing the chocolate out of his hand. He looked shocked and embarrassed. I don't blame him, we're in a pretty awkward position. I don't really care right now. I just care about getting him away from that chocolate.

"Too late, Chorong. I ate it." Jinyoung grinned.

"Oh my gosh... please don't sue me!" I pleaded. Bomi was on the toilet all day last night. He just laughed, patting my head. He grabbed the chocolate I was holding and ate it! "How do you...?" Jinyoung seemed to effortlessly eat and swallow it down. No sour expressions. No gagging. Is there something wrong with him?

"I don't know what you were worrying about. This tastes great!" He laughed, grabbing another chocolate to his side. He suddenly started choking as he ate it.

"Jinyoung! Are you okay?" He finally stopped gagging.

"You're kinda..." His voice trailed off, his eyes staring at my hands. My hands were on his chest, using him as support.  I didn't even realize I was doing that! I immediately sat up, helping him sit up also. Jinyoung looked towards me, with a serious look on his face.

"What?"

"You're really heavy, Chorong." I gasped, smacking him in the back of the head.

"Shut up..."

---------------------------------------

Jinyoung POV

Chorong and I walked back inside school. We were immediately greeted by a swarm of male students. As I call them, Chorong's fan boys. She mouthed 'sorry' to me, and I just waved my hand, signaling it's alright. I'm not sure how she deals with this almost everyday though! It smells so wierd, and they're basically in her personal space. I glanced at Chorong, and she had a bright smile on. I can tell it's fake though. I grabbed her hand, pushing my way through the crowd. These guys are pretty fat, so it took some brute strength. "Move!" I finally got through the crowd. I ran while holding Chorong's hand.

"What are you doing!" Chorong yelled, looking back at the fan boys. I don't even know what I'm doing either. We ran down the hall, and I made a sharp turn to the right. We hid behind a vending machine, watching as the fanboys ran down the wrong way. "Why'd..you..do.. that?" Chorong said between breaths. I released her hand, resting against the wall.

"I'm going to get hunted down by your followers for doing this." I groaned. Chorong laughed, patting my back. I walked to my locker, Chorong following close by. I opened it, taking out the last box of chocolate.

"Chocolate..?" Chorong grinned, taking it from me.

"Yeah. I made it myself. I know you have alot of stuff already... you know, you don't need to take it actually." I muttered, reaching my hand out. Chorong shook her head, holding the box close to her chest.

"No, I want it." I just smiled at her cute gesture.

"Alright then."

-----------------------------------

Chorong POV

All the girls were at my house after school. They brought all their chocolate. It was just piled on the floor, about 3 feet tall. It's typical though. "Unnie are you sure you don't want your chocolate? You got so much though." Bomi asked, her face covered in chocolate. I just laughed at her face, nodding.

"Really? You can't take it back. It's going to be gone by tonight!" Eunji declared, raising a chocolate bar in the air. It really amazes me how much they can eat. I nod again. They all just shrugged at me, continuing to eat the chocolate.

"I just care about one anyway." I smile to myself, holding a single box.

----------------------------

 Don't you think the main image I put of Jinyoung is CAYOOOT? I think so atleast. Subcribers and comments are appreciated! Sorry if there is any spell errors, I didn't look over the story.