Chocolate?

Hidden Beneath Your Smile

Jinyoung POV

"Hyung! Where have you been! Iv'e been sitting here for an hour!" Gongchan yelled, stomping his foot in anger.

"Sorry, I fell asleep..." Gongchan pouted, as I put my arm over his shoulder. "Come on, Channie, I'll buy food for you." This tactic always works. Gongchan's face immediately lit up, nodding. Easy~

Gongchan and I walked inside the mall. "Were getting the stuff first, then food." Gongchan reluctantly went along, walking into a shop.

"I know a lady here that could get us a discount." Gongchan chuckled. I followed Gongchan inside, walking towards a lady that seems to work here. Gongchan tapped the lady on the shoulder. "Hi!" He greeted with a bright smile.

"Omo, Gongchan! Hi! And hello to your friend too." The lady greeted, pinching my cheeks. I awkwardly bow to her.

"We were looking for ingredients for homemade chocolate! Jinyoung here," Gongchan explained, putting his arm over my shoulder. "Wants to make yummy chocolate for our friends." The lady smiled, raising an eyebrow.

"Of course! Come this way." She grabbed my wrist, dragging me to an aisle. I looked back at Gongchan with a help-me-please look, and he just chuckled, waving at me. "So, what kind of chocolate were you planning to make?" She asked, looking though the shelves. I just shrugged, looking also.

"Probably just regular milk chocolate. I'm making this just for my friends anyway." I replied. The lady looked at me with a shocked face.

"Omo, don't you have a girlfriend? You're so handsome! You look like the type of boy that brings back trash bags of chocolate on Valentine's Day." The lady laughed. No way....

"I don't have a girlfriend. I never had one before." I sadly muttered, grabbing cocoa powder off the shelf. She looked back at me, shocked.

"Really? There must be a girl in mind then. Here, get extra. On the house." The lady grabbed extra cocoa powder off the shelf,  winking. "Girls love it when guys do little things like this. Homemade especially!" She giggled.

A girl in mind? I thought to myself for a moment. Is there? I shrugged to myself. The lady helped me pick out the rest of the ingredients. I bowed to her once we finished.

I walk to the cashier. Gongchan ran up to me, looking through the basket I was holding. "Whoa! You got alot. You usuallly just buy a little. Who else are you making it for?" Gongchan asked, tilting his head. I hesistated for a moment, rubbing the back of my neck awkwardly. A stupid grin appeared his face. "Chorong--"

"And her friends. Well, I don't know about them actually. Her friends don't even know it's me at school when I'm standing right next to them." I mumbled, unloading the stuff from the basket onto the counter. Gongchan still looked at me with that idiotic grin. 

"What about Chorong then? You know she gets like, truck loads of chocolate every year," Gongchan teased, taking out the last box of cocoa power. "Omo! Jinyoung.... are you going to confe---I smacked the back of his head, making him rub the back of his head in pain.

"I said it's not like that."

--------------------------

Chorong POV

"Chorong, you sure you don't want help?" Bomi asked, sipping tea. I nodded, putting on an apron.

"Watch her fail." Eunji chuckled, making everyone laugh. I sent them a death glare, quickly silencing them

Since Jinyoung left, I invited the girls over to my house. Valentine's day is coming up soon, and there's always this group of boys that give me chocolate. So, I decided to make chocolate as a token of thanks~ I have no idea what to do though....

I take out all the ingredients, laying them out on the counter. What do I do first? I shrugged, scratching my head. Bomi walked next to me, picking up the paper that had the instructions on it. "Hmm.... it says to roast the cocoa beans in the oven." Bomi explained, putting her head on my shoulder. Oh...

I take the cocoa beans out of the package, placing them on the platter. I really hope I can actually do this.

-----------------

I checked on the beans after about 10 minutes, and....I think they're done? Is it suppose to make a cracking sound though? I really have no idea. I grab the instructions off the table. The cracking sound indicates the roasting is complete. I sigh, relieved. I reach for the platter with my hand.

"UNNIE!" Naeun yelled from the couch. I turn around before I could grab the platter. What does she need? I look at her, annoyed. "You're going to burn yourself! Use oven mitts idiot!" Naeun said, pointing to the mitts. I can't believe I forgot....

I put on the mitts, grabbing the platter and placing it on the stove. Naeun really saved me from getting burned. I sigh in frustration. This is too hard for me! Eunji and Bomi are laughing away at my mistake from the couch. So embarrassing...

-------------

I'm finally done.... I began pouring the chocolate into heart-shaped molds. All the girls came over, crowding around me.

"Unnie... is that chocolate?" Yookyung muttered, poking it with her finger. Hayoung picked up the mold tray, sniffing the chocolate. She set down the tray, covering . I know she's trying to hide her expression, but she's doing a terrible job. Hayoung turned around, quietly gagging. Bomi chuckled, picking up a single chocolate heart.

"It can't be that bad." Bomi popped it into . She started making a sour expression, slowly chewing. Bomi spitted it out in the sink, sparking laughter from everyone but me. (Not my gif lol. found it on tumblr.)

tumblr_mgi19se9yX1qj30xio2_250.gif

 

Is it really that bad? I lower my head in failure. I spent so much time though... I picked one up for myself. I think Bomi is just over exaggerating.

"Unnie...no..." Bomi gasped. I ignored her, putting it in my mouth. All the girls stared at me, waiting for my reaction. Oh my gosh... It tastes sooo bad. I did my best to hide my expression, smiling while I ate it. I finally finished it, swallowing it down like they're nails.

"See?" I smiled, wiping off my hands. The girls looked at me, horrified. Especially Bomi. She just began sniffing the tray again, confused. To be honest, I definitely failed. The chocolate tasted like...sour poop. I have no idea why though, I followed all the instructions.

"Guess you're going with store bought chocolate." Namjoo chuckled, patting my back. They all walked back to the couch, continuing to watch television. Now's my chance. I quickly walked over to the refrigerator, grabbing a water bottle. I scarfed it down, almost drinking half the bottle. So much better. I glanced at the chocolate. I don't want to just throw it away... it'd be a waste. I walked over to it, picking the tray up.

I decided to package it up anyway. I grabbed the plastic mold tray, placing it in a pretty box. I put the cover on it, putting the package in the refrigerator. What the heck am I going to do with it though?

--------------------------

Jinyoung POV

I take the platter out of the oven, placing it on the stove. Gongchan came over, smiling. "Hyung! It smells so good!" He cheered, waving his hands towards his face. I chuckled, taking off my apron.

"You think so?" I said, sniffing it for myself. It smells like a chocolate factory in my apartment. Wonderful~. Gongchan enthusiastically nodded, reaching for a chocolate square. I grabbed his wrist, shaking my head. "Not yet, Channie." Gongchan pouted, trying to reach for it.

"Just one! Come on!" He complained. I sighed, releasing his wrist. 

"One." Gongchan smiled, taking a chocolate square. He popped it into his mouth. He started doing these weird body movements. It means he likes it.

"I'm so excited for Valentine's Day. I get your delicious chocolate along with other chocolate. You know, the ones girls give me at school." Gongchan bragged. I sighed, looking at the chocolate. Then there's me. I get chocolate from myself.

"Help me package all this." I grabbed a bunch of small boxes from the cabinet, setting it on the table. Gongchan came over, carrying the platter, and placed it on the table also.

"I want the green box!" Gongchan laughed, grabbing the small green box and placing chocolates in it. I just chuckled. I'm not really sure why I put it in these nice boxes actually. It's only for the guys after all. "So, hyung," Gongchan said, grabbing another box. "Are you going to give chocolates to Chorong and her friends?" I shrugged.

"I know I will for Chorong," I explained. Gongchan did that stupid smirk again. "FRIENDLY chocolate. Then, like I said earlier, not sure about her friends. I'm in the same class as most of them, yet they don't even know." Gongchan put his arm around me.

"Then this is the perfect time to introduce yourself, right? I'll come with you." Gongchan suggested, finishing the last box.

"I don't know."

"Come on, Jinyoung." Gongchan insisted. I sighed. I'm just worried what they'll think of me. After all, I do look alot different when I'm in school compared to outside. They'll be surprised that I ended up being the nerd.

-------------------------

Another short chapter. The sort-of-continuation is the next chapter~ Actually, I was going to just add it on to this chapter, but then I think it's a whole different thing going on so I decided to just wait till the next chapter. Enjoy this gif of Jinyoung.

tumblr_m1drlmwgi31qc4mwdo3_250.gif

 

I like subscribers and comments. c: