Chapter 31

Hidden Beneath Your Smile

 

Jinyoung POV

"I suppose you're familiar with the name Kim Jongkook?" Jonghyun whispered, as he tightened his grip around my shirt collar. 

"Kim Jongkook...?" I mumbled unconsciously to myself, while I took a moment to figure out what this name means to me. But, his name only reminds me of strong feelings of hatred and regret. Now, I remember. Kim Jongkook. The one that has tortured Chorong for years. And, why I can never forgive him for everything he has done. Finally, I snap back to reality. "Why do you know him?" I ask cautiously. 

"His pathetic excuse of a gang came here yesterday night, looking for you." Jonghyun growled. "The Jongkook guy was babbling something about money and a ? I don't even know. They tried to pick a fight, but I told them to wait."

"You told them to wait?" Minho scoffed. "You actually plan to fight them?"

"Well, yeah." Jonghyun said. "I'll never turn down a fight. That would just make our gang look like a bunch of wussies." Minho rubbed his temples in annoyance. He thinks Jonghyun's blood thirsty personality is absolutely ridiculous. Minho believes this whole fight situation is a bad plan. But, Onew, Taemin, and Key are totally psyched. They're equally as crazy and idiotic as Jonghyun.

"Jonghyun, this is my problem. Don't involve yourself and the gang." I said sternly. 

"Why not?" Jonghyun pouted. "What's your relationship with that beef head anyway?"

"Long story." I sighed.

"Tell us anyway." Key chimed in. "We like stories."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chorong POV

Leaving to see family... yeah right.

I sigh to myself, as I flop down on the couch and bury my face in the pillow. Who knows what kind of mischief Jinyoung gets himself involved in. I can tell by the way he looked at me earlier that he was lying. Iv'e seen that look all too many times.

Suddenly, my phone began ringing from my room, and I dragged myself to go answer it. I accepted the call without looking at the caller ID first. "Hello..?"

"You actually answered." The voice over the line mumbled. It took me a moment to figure out who it was. But, when I finally realized who the low voice belonged to, my first instinct was to hang up. Yet, I forced myself to stop and try to listen. 

"Why a-are you calling me..?" My voice cracked half-way through, and I can feel tears beginning to form in my eyes.

"I called because... I'm sorry." Minwoo said in a low voice. "What I did was terrible."

"You think a simple apology over the phone  will make everything better?" I tried to remain calm. I don't want to even hear his voice. But, for some reason, my body won't listen to my mind. I'm trying to convince myself I hate him. But, I don't hate Minwoo. I hate what he did to me.

"I know I can't do anything to make up for the things Jongkook and I did to you, but I can atleast make it better."

"What do you mean?"

"I'm ending the contract. So, that you're free from debt, from our 'relationship', and that Jong Kook and I won't bother you anymore."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm so sorry I haven't updated in a while! I just... didn't have alot of ideas for the continuation. But, I have some now! So, hopefully I'll be able to publish a few more chapters. 

Also, sorry that the chapter is very short. And, that the ending is a little weird. When I have the time I'll publish the next chapter. 

Please wait paitently, please ;-;

Uh, yeah, and that's it. Again, I'm really sorry for not updating this story, along with my other stories. Enjoy this gif of Baro. 

tumblr_mmt7kfD1Oo1sqn7v9o5_250.gif