Aha! Found You!

Hidden Beneath Your Smile

Jinyoung POV

"Sorry to surprise you." I turn to my side, and it was just Chorong, holding on to my arm. She had a worried look on her face.

"It's okay. What did you need?" I smiled at her, expecting her to return it. This time, she just frowned at me.

"Well... you know there's a rumor going around, right?" Chorong bit her lip. Rumor? I tilted my head in confusion.

"What are you talking about?" I leaned against the wall, waiting for an answer. She sighed, leaning next to me.

"The rumor is that you tried to rob me in the middle of the night, and you hurt me. They think you're the one that caused my injuries," Chorong said, pointing to her cut. "But then you 'failed' and a man came and rescued me, beating you up." I scoffed out loud. What a ridiculous rumor.. No wonder I'm getting so many death glares wherever I go. Chorong is like a god to the people of our school.

The rumor sounds so famliar though... I felt a sinking feeling of guilt in my stomach. What I told the guys this morning! Is this my fault? I bit my bottom lip. I turned to my side to glance at Chorong, but when I looked, she was already staring at me. I quickly turned away, my face turning red. No matter what situation were in, Chorong is always staring at me. Not like I'm complaining though....

I decided I just wanted to be honest. I sighed, turning to her.

"Chorong I--"

"The guys told me. It's okay you told them Jinyoung. They told me they didn't tell anyone, so it can't be them. And, thanks, you know, for not really telling them what happened..." Her voice trailed off, awkwardly moving around. Can Chorong read minds or something?

I felt relieved though. I knew I can trust the guys... But if wasn't them, how could word possibly go out? And why is it that it's ME that's robbing Chorong? I told the guys that I helped her from getting robbed.. I sighed in frustration.

"How did this rumor start then?" I questioned.

"Actually, Sandeul said that a girl was standing strangely close to you guys. So close, that when you guys turned around she ran into him. Well, according to him atleast. Baro and Sandeul think it was possibly her that started the rumor. I don't have any other better leads." Chorong said. 

It's all coming back to me now. Sandeul is right, there was a girl this morning. She must have heard us talking, and misheard everything. And because of her, she made my school life alot worse than it already is.

------------------

The next day.

Baro POV

Sandeul and I decided to look around for the girl. Chorong and Jinyoung aren't here today, so we decided to our own investigating. Even though school is already done, she might be around. It's really all up to Sandeul though, because he was the only one that saw her clearly. As we walked through the halls, I always hear people talking crap about Jinyoung. It really irritates me that people believe such a stupid rumor.

"Maybe we should look for her tomorrow, Sandeul." I complained. Sandeul shook his head, still looking. We've probably been searching for an hour, yet Sandeul hasn't found her.

"There's one place we haven't look yet. The back of the school." I smashed my face against my hand. We searched through so many places, but we left out such an obvious one...

We finally arrived at the back of the school, but there weren't alot of people. There were some guys hanging around, but a group of girls talking caught my eye. They all had black hair, except for one of them. The other girl had long, brown hair. It seems her friends were about to leave. The girls waved at her, leaving her behind alone. The girl glanced at us, quickly looking away. She suddenly started quickly walking away. Could it be...?

"Sandeul look---" He was already one step ahead of me. Sandeul started speed walking towards the girl, calling out towards her.

"Excuse me! We just have a question. Wait!" Sandeul yelled, picking up the pace. The girl looked back at us again. Whoa... Sandeul was right. She's pretty.

The girl ignored all of Sandeul's calls, making her way towards the exit. Finally, Sandeul was fast enough to grab her shoulder.

"Yah...! Why...are...you ignoring us? Sandeul panted, putting his other hand on his knee. The girl stared at us, scoffing.

"Why are you following me! Any normal person would run away!" She snapped, slapping Sandeul's hand off. Sandeul gasped, rolling his eyes.

"I said, 'we have a question!' any NICE person would answer!" Sandeul yelled. That really set the girl off. They started arguing, yelling and doing various hand movements. They met like 5 minutes ago and they're arguing like they're a married couple.

"Hey you guys--" I got cut off by Sandeul.

"I SAID WAIT! NOT, 'I WANT TO YOU!' " Sandeul snapped. I had enough of they're blabbering. I got in between them, lightly pushing Sandeul away and turning towards the girl.

"I'm sorry about...him, we just need you to answer something for us. Please." I pleaded, flashing her a smile. She just huffed, brushing her hair out of her face.

"As long as I only talk to you, and not that brute." She muttered.

"Yah--" I shot Sandeul a death glare, quickly silencing him. I walked her over to somewhere else, away from Sandeul.

"What's your name? I'm Baro." I said, reaching out my hand. She hesitated for a moment, staring at my hand.

"Gayoon. But let's just skip introductions. Cut to the chase." Gayoon replied, shaking my hand. Geez....

"There is a rumor going around about Jinyoung and Chorong," I started to explain. Gayoon is reacting just the way I expected. She was awkwardly looking away, biting her lip. "My friends and I were talking about something..similar.. to the rumor. You easedropped on us, didn't you?" I asserted. Gayoon lowered her head.

"I wouldn't say easedrop. I just happened to be standing around, and you guys started talking next to me. We were the only people around, so of course I was able hear you." She snooted. Gayoon is cute, but she's really getting on my nerves with that attitude of hers.

"Were you the one that started the rumor?" I asked. Gayoon sighed in frustration, folding her arms.

"...Yeah." I felt myself boil up in rage. I started walking around in circles, trying to clear my mind.

"What...why...why? Why would spread a rumor like that? It isn't even true! You misheard us! Jinyoung was the one that saved Chorong!" I yelled in frustration. Gayoon was shocked at my sudden outburst, almost jumping.

"I'm sorry..." Gayoon murmured.

"Whatever. Sorry won't help Jinyoung. He's already bullied so much at school... this isn't helping." 

I walk away, leaving Gayoon behind.

--------------------------------------

Sandeul POV

Baro finally came back to me, obviously frustrated. His hands were curled into fists, stomping towards me. I didn't understand at first why he's been angry all day, but I learned. Baro used to get bullied alot in before high school, so I guess he understands the pain. He just cares about Jinyoung too. After all, we're best friends.

"Was it Gayoon?" I asked. I think I already know the answer, but I questioned him anyway. He nodded. "Should we call Jinyoung? I don't think he should be kept in the dark." He nodded again. I took out my phone, dialing Jinyoung's number. No answer. I dialed another 3 times, but he still didn't pick up.

"I have Chorong's number if you want to try to call her. Jinyoung might be with her. Who knows." Baro said, searching through his phone for her number.

"Let's give it a shot." Baro handed me his phone, already dialing Chorong. She actually picked up.

"Hello?" Chorong's voice was quiet. She probably didn't expect Baro's number to actually call her.

"Hi, Chorong. It's Sandeul!"

"Oh... hey. Do you need anything?"

"Actually, Baro and I were wondering if you knew where Jinyoung is. He isn't answering his phone." It was silent on the other line for a moment.

"Jinyoung's at my house." Whattt? I looked at Baro, and he seemed a bit surprised. Why is Jinyoung at her house? "Hello? Sandeul-sshi?"

"Ah, sorry. Not be nosy, but why is he at your house?"

"Jinyoung injured his leg the night before. I don't know if you guys noticed, but he's been limping. He told me it was no big deal, but when I looked at it, he needed it to be treated. So I helped him." Chorong explained. Dang... Jinyoung is so lucky! Being taken care of by the school's queenka. Guys at our school would kill to be in his spot! "Sandeul-sshi?" I totally forgot I was talking on the phone.

"Ah, my bad again! Can I talk to Jinyoung?"

"Um..." It was silent again. Suspicious! "He's actually sleeping. But don't worry! I'll wake him up before it gets late." Kekekeke. I'm even more envious.

"Alright, just don't do anything naughty okay~" I teased. I could hear Chorong stuttering over the line. "I'm just joking. By the way, we found out who started the rumor."

"Really!" Chorong yelled through the phone. I can hear the excitement in her tone. "Tell me about it tomorrow okay? My phone battery is about to go out."

"Hmm... alright. See you soon." I said.

"Bye Chorongie!" Baro yelled, grabbing his phone. Chorongie? I chuckled. Chorong started laughing.

"Bye guys."

--------------------------------

Chorong POV

I hung up the phone, placing it on the night stand. I glanced at Jinyoung, and he was fast asleep. He fell asleep on my bed, but I don't mind. I gently sat on the bed next to him, making sure not to wake him. He looks so peaceful when he's sleeping. I silently chuckle to myself. His hair is covering his face...

I subtly move it to the side, revealing his handsome face again. He's like a sleeping fox. I slowly put my head on the pillow, laying next to him. I scoot away a little, trying to keep a little distance. The longer I look at his face, the more I feel myself burning up.

"Why do I only feel like this with you?" I whisper. I reached my hand out to fix his hair again, when his eyes suddenly open.

"I don't know~" He grinned. I gasped, immediately sitting up.

"Y-you're suppose to be asleep!" I yell, lightly slapping his arm. He just laughs, sitting up. Jinyoung glanced at the clock, and he displayed a shocked face shortly after. He quickly grabbed his glasses off the nightstand and his bag off the floor.

"Shoot.. I'm late! Sorry, Chorong. I would stay and chat, but I gotta go!" Jinyoung said, hurrying to run out the door.

"Jinyoung.." He slammed the door. I could hear his footsteps outside. I wanted to hang out with him more...

I sighed, getting up from my bed to go the kitchen. I looked at the kitchen counter. I even made tea for us... It must be cold by now.

What the heck was in such a hurry for?

-----------------------------

Yeah this chapter must've been kinda boring. My bad~ I'm just excited to publish the next chapter. I don't know when I'll upload it though...

Subcribers and comments are appreciated! Enjoy this picture of Jinyoung.

 

 

 

 

tumblr_m1mrbdUuDY1rssqp9o1_500.jpg