Awkward.

Hidden Beneath Your Smile

Jinyoung POV

Iv'e been sitting on the toilet for about 30 minutes. No, I don't have diarrhea or anything. I just don't think I can go back there. My plan is, Chorong should still feel a little ill from yesterday night. So, if I stay here long enough, she would eventually fall asleep. Right...?

I slowly open the door, peeking my head out. Luckily, everything is going according to plan. Chorong is knocked out on the floor, drooling like usual. I tip-toe outside, crouching next to her. Isn't she uncomfortable sleeping in that dress? It's quite tight fitting... but I can't do anything about that. I'm not going to strip her or anything.

I sigh, tucking the blanket over her. Guess were not going to school tomorrow. I don't think that's a good idea for Chorong to go to class hungover. It's already 5 a.m. at that.

I walk over to the bed, flopping down on it. The moments from earlier keep replaying in my  head. Chorong was giving me so many signals, but I refused all of them. Any man in the right mind would comply.

Now that I think about it, why did I? Why did I feel it was wrong? 

I groan in frustration, burying my face in the pillow. I feel so unsatisfied. How am I going to face her when she wakes up?

----------------------------------------------

Chorong POV

Ugh...my head. I manage to sit up, hanging my head to reduce the pain. What time is it?

I lift my head, turning towards the clock on the nightstand. Shoot.

4 p.m.?! I gasp, standing up. Today is monday! I totally missed class. 

The first time that came to mind was to find Jinyoung. But, then again....

I pout, sitting back on the floor. I don't think he wants to see me. After what I did last time. I don't even know what came over me. Just seeing Jinyoung like that, and the things I did to him when I was drunk, I felt like I wasn't satisfied. Like I wanted more of him...

I shake the thought out of my head. I think the worst thing to do right now is avoid him. I should confront Jinyoung. I stand back up, walking towards the bed. But, Jinyoung was no where to be found. Toilet maybe?

I walk towards the bathroom, stopping at the door. Knock, first. I will never forget that lesson.

I knock on the door, but no answer. The light is shut off too. "Jinyoung?" I slowly open the door, closing my eyes. Just in case.

When I heard nothing but silence, I opened my eyes. Nothing here either. I sigh in frustration. Where is he? Suddenly, I can hear a small beep go off. Meaning, someone opened the door. I peek my head out, and I was relieved when I saw Jinyoung walking through the door. He was wearing the black shirt I found on the floor last night. 

Unconsciously, I ran up to him, hugging him tightly. I could hear him gasp, probably surprised. "Jinyoung, I honestly thought you ditched me here!" I pouted, tightening my grip.

"Chorong, you're crushing my ribs." Jinyoung whimpered. I immediately let go, sheepishly smiling at him. He smiled back, waving a plastic bag in my face. "I brought back food. I didn't think you would be awake when I got home though.   How do you feel?" Jinyoung asked, placing the bag on a small table. He pulled a chair from the table, motioning me to sit down. I did, smiling as a sign of thanks. He just smirked, sitting across from me.

"I feel okay. I feel a bit light headed, but that's all. A lot better from last night." I chuckled, opening the bag. Jinyoung nodded his head, somewhat understanding. 

We opened the styrofoam box, containing some chicken. Jinyoung took his portion of food and I did the same afterwards.

This is so awkward. We just ate our chicken, not saying a word. One of us would try to start conversations, but it would quickly die down. I'd much rather deal with the situation like this. I don't want to talk about what happened earlier at all. That, would be much more worse. I even subtly mentioned Jong Kook. I didn't mean too, it just kind of slipped out.

I'm not supposed to tell anyone what happened between me and Jong Kook. I don't plan to anytime soon. It'd just be better to keep everything to myself. I don't want to annoy Jinyoung with my problems. 

I sigh, stirring my tea with a straw. "Look, Jinyoung," I look up from my drink, staring at him. Jinyoung lifted his head, smiling. "I just wanted to apologize. I shouldn't have done something like that so suddenly. I just got too caught up in the moment...."

Jinyoung leaned over the small table. He patted my head, chuckling. "It's okay." Jinyoung flashed a cute grin, getting up from his seat.

"Will you do me a favor though?" I ask. Jinyoung tilted his head, leaning against the wall. "Can you not tell anyone what happened last night?"

Jinyoung nodded his head. "Don't worry, my lips are sealed."

----------------------------------------------

Next Day.

Chorong POV

"Unnie, where were you!" Bomi and the rest ran up to me, crowding around. "You're usually never out."

"I uh..."

I can't tell them the truth. "I got a small cold." I lied, hiding it behind my smile. They just all just shrugged, walking along side me. As we were walking, Baro,Gongchan,Sandeul, and Shinwoo came to greet us. 

Jinyoung wasn't with them though. Where is he? "Where's Jinyoung?" I ask, looking around. A stupid grin formed on Gongchan's lips.

"Look over there." Gongchan pointed to a small group of girls, crowding around a guy.

Jinyoung? "Jinyoung didn't have time to 'get ready,' so now girls are all over him. They think he's a new student. He absolutely hates the attention!" Gongchan chuckled.

Jinyoung looks just like he does at home and the weekend. No glasses, and his hair is styled differently from the usual middle parting. He looks so handsome. No wonder those girls want a piece of him.

I helplessly watch as Jinyoung gets mobbed by girls, asking for his name and number. He awkwardly smiled at them, trying to push through the crowd. I was about to walk over to help him, but someone already beat me to it.

Gayoon ruthlessly pushed the girls out of the way. She grabbed Jinyoung's hand, dragging him away from the girls. "Move out the way!" Gayoon growled, pushing a student to the side. 

"Hey! You can't just take him! You don't own him!" A girl in the crowd pouted. Gayoon just scoffed, turning to face the crowd.

"Yes I can. And I do own him."

"Stop lying! It's not like you two are dating or anything!" Another girl yelled, putting her hands on her hips. 

Gayoon raised an eyebrow, wrapping her arms around Jinyoung's waist. What is she doing...? "Jinyoung and I are dating."

Mulitple gasps came from the crowd, I even saw someone starting to cry. I shared the same reaction. I feel like my mind is going blank. I can feel my fists curling, and my whole body going hot.

Dating? Jinyoung and Gayoon?!

--------------------------------------------------

Jinyoung POV

"Jinyoung and I are dating." Gayoon smirked, tightening her grip around me. The crowd went silent, except for one girl. She began whimpering.

Dating? What nonsense is Gayoon saying now? I stood there, lost for words. I don't know how to respond to this.

"Y-Yeah right! Prove it!" The same girl yelled. Gayoon shrugged her shoulders, turning her body to face me. She pulled my neck tie down, forcing me to lower my head. Gayoon placed her lips onto mine, wrapping her arm around my neck. 

W-What is she doing! I immediately take her arm off my neck, pulling my face away. I grab her wrist, dragging her somewhere else. I ignored all the girls' squeals.

I look around, hoping not many people noticed.

Everyone was staring at Gayoon and me as we walked past. How embarrassing.... 

"Hyung...." 

I freeze, turning to the direction of the voice. Gongchan and Chorong were staring at us, shocked. The others were behind them, their mouths hanging open.

Chorong's face was red. We had eye contact for a small moment. I didn't look away until she did. This day is just getting better and better....

"It's not what you think." I simply said, walking past them with Gayoon in tow.

--------------------------------------------------

Jinyoung POV

I directed Gayoon behind the school. I released her wrist, looking around to make sure we're alone. No one in sight. "What were you thinking!" I snapped, leaning against the wall behind me. Gayoon lowered her head, avoiding eye contact. "You're spreading false info to everyone. Now everyone thinks were dating, when we're not!"

"I got you away from those crazy people! They wouldn't leave you alone if I didn't do that!" Gayoon yelled, backing away. 

"You went too far, Gayoon. You can't just suddenly kiss me like that!" I yelled back, turning my body to face her.

"I just saved you from fan girls and this is what I get in return?" Gayoon muttered. She began walking away from me. I grabbed her wrist, pulling her right back next to me.

"That's not the point. It's how you did it, Gayoon."

"Why does it matter," Gayoon pushed my hand off. "Once you dress normally again, all those girls will forget you anyway! You'll just be the nerd."

Gayoon stomped away, leaving me speechless by her hurtful words.

Maybe I shouldn't had reacted like that towards her.... after all, she's probably right. They will forget me once I go back to dressing like that.

--------------------------------------------------

Chorong POV

I opened the front door, dropping my bag on the floor near by.

Today was the worst. Not only did I found out the guy I love is dating someone else, but he ignored me the whole day. Everytime I attempted to talk to him, he always made an excuse to leave. He didn't sit with us during lunch like he always does. We didn't walk back home together either.

I absolutely hate not being able to be with him. Ever since we were at the hotel, it's been too awkward to even have a decent conversation with each other.

I flop down on the couch, burying my face into the pillow. I stayed like this for a good 20 minutes, until I heard the front door open.

I immediately sit up, watching as Jinyoung entered through the door. I expected him to flash his usual cute grin as he waved to me. I thought he would sit on the couch next to me, and annoy me with his playful hugs.

But instead, he did the exact opposite. As I dreaded, he walked straight past, not even glancing at me. Jinyoung walked straight into his room, slamming it shut.

I felt a sinking feeling in my stomach. Of sadness, and anger. I can't handle this anymore. Being ignored by the one you want to see the most.

I stand up from the sofa, quickly walking towards Jinyoung's room. I reached my hand out to open the door, but my hand recoiled. What do I say to him? How do I face him?

Unconsciously, I opened his door, walking inside. Jinyoung was laying on his bed, reading a comic. He looked up, shocked. Jinyoung sat up, awkwardly scratching his head. "Um... is there something you need, Chorong?"

I just stood in the middle of the room, lost for words. I don't know where to start. There's so many things I want to say to him. "Chorong..." Jinyoung said, getting up from his bed. He kept walking towards me. Every step he got closer, I stepped back. He kept doing this until my back was against the wall. "I think I know why you're here." He whispered, putting his arms on either side of my head. This way, I can't escape even if I tried. "Gayoon and I are not dating."

"Y-You're not?" I stuttered. Jinyoung nodded.

What's happening? "If you're not dating, then why--"

"Gayoon said that to get me away from those girls." Jinyoung interrupted.

"Why'd she kiss you? Isn't that a little too far if you guys aren't dating?" I questioned, waiting for an answer. Jinyoung sighed, shaking his head.

"It was too far. I scolded her afterwards."

I felt a rush of relief go over me. They're not together. But, there's still one big thing that continues to bother me.

"Is that all you need?" Jinyoung asked, walking back towards his bed. I nodded. Jinyoung layed back down, reading his comic.

It's still immensely awkward. That was the first real conversation we've had in hours. I need to address him about it...

"Jinyoung, there's still something I want to talk about." I sat on the chair next to the bed. Jinyoung looked up from his book, confused. "Why are you avoiding me?"

Jinyoung seems to be surprised by my question. He put his comic on the nightstand, sitting up. "About that...." He cleared his throat,  awkwardly fidgeting in his seat. "I thought you wanted it this way. Am I wrong...?"

"What?" I huffed. Jinyoung is seriously making me want to punch him in the face. What does he mean he thought I wanted it this way? "What are you saying?"

Jinyoung ruffled his hair, sighing. "We can't even be in the same room without it being awkward. When's the last time we had a decent conversation? Two days ago?"

I was taken back by Jinyoung's words. I can feel my face getting hot from anger. I hope it doesn't show...

"How can you decide on something so selfishly? Do you know how badly I want it to just go back to normal?" I yell, standing up from the seat. Jinyoung sighed, twiddling his thumbs.

"Chorong..." Jinyoung whispered. He stood up from the bed, facing me. Jinyoung lightly placed each of his hands on my arms, attempting to come closer. Not that there was much room between us. I shrug him off, walking backwards. But, Jinyoung continued to walk towards me, staring at me with empty eyes.

"You must think I'm over-exaggerating, don't you? It may have just been 2 days, but still.... " I mumbled. I must sound so stupid to him. 

"Do you know how much I miss your voice and touch...?" Jinyoung muttered. His husky voice sounds so... sensual. But, I shouldn't fall for his charm so easily. How can he say those words after the way he treated me?

Again, my back was against the wall. Jinyoung was in front of me, breathing deeply. His body was only inches away from mine. "Why is it such a burden to you that I don't act the same way I used to before?" Jinyoung asked, tilting his head to look at me.

Jinyoung is just teasing me again... isn't he? I tilt my head up, my eyes meeting his. "I can't tell you, Jinyoung..." I nearly choked on my words. Jinyoung shook his head, leaning closer.

"Tell me, Chorong." Jinyoung's fingers began lightly running through my hair, subtly pulling me closer to him. His face was only milimeters away from mine.  Like a spell, I obeyed him. I placed a hand on his chest, going on my tip-toes.

"I like you, Jinyoung."

--------------------------------------------------------

Sorry this chapter was kind of short, even though I said it would be long. T__T. One of those next-part-doesn't-fit-to-me moments. Not my gif. Found it somewhere on tumblr.

Subcribe and comment! I don't answer to all the comments, but I read them all. I really enjoy reading them! Like, you don't even know xD. Sorry if there is spelling/grammar errors, didn't look them over.