I Miss You.

Hidden Beneath Your Smile

I was listening to this song called 'It Hurts,' by Huh gak as I was writing this chapter, I really like it ^^.

Chorong POV

Early morning of next day.

I finally return home, slamming the door open. Jinyoung was laying on the couch, staring at me as I enter the door. It seems as if he was waiting for me the whole time.

For a few minutes, we watched each other in silence waiting for one of us to make a move. Eventually, Jinyoung got up from the sofa, walking towards his room. I quickly run towards him, turning him around by the wrist. "Jinyoung.... I think we need to clear things up." I said, gripping his wrist.

Jinyoung shook his head. "Fine. Then let's start with how you lied to me and went out and partied instead."

"I'm sorry..." This is all I can say. I'm afraid if I say anything more I'll either make him too angry or reveal the truth. 

"Sorry? Do you know how worried I was after we ended that phone call? I was worried you would drink again or wouldn't be able to get home safely! Why did you lie to me?" Jinyoung snapped, taking my hand off his wrist.

"I didn't drink, Jinyoung. I really didn't do much at the party." I muttered, lowering my head. Jinyoung scoffed, pacing around the room in anger.

"Didn't do much... that not what I heard over the phone. 'Chorong kept begging for more! Chorong is great in bed!' " Jinyoung said sarcastically. I bit my bottom lip to prevent from shouting out. "After I tell you my feelings for you, you just go and screw some other guy?"

"It's not like that--"

"Then tell me what it is. Tell who the man was earlier." Jinyoung said sternly.

I stood there in silence, unable to respond. Jinyoung sighed, turning to walk away. " I see how it is. If you don't like me, then why didn't you just say so."

Jinyoung stomped to the direction of his room, slamming his door shut. Tears began to trail down my face, but I wiped them with my sleeve. I don't want to cry.

It hurts. To be treated this way by Jinyoung. But, it's okay... I repeat this to myself all the time, but I can't quite convince myself it really is.

It hurts, knowing Jinyoung doesn't know my intentions. I don't want to do any of this. I don't want to hide anything from him. But, if it keeps Jinyoung safe from Jong Kook, it is all worth it.

---------------------------------------------------------

Jinyoung POV

I slammed my door shut, sitting down on the chair. I don't know anything anymore.

First, Chorong says she likes me. We kiss, and then we fight. Then she lies to me, and goes and hooks up with an another man.

I pound my fist on the desk in front me in anger. I want to know why she lied. Why couldn't she just tell me she was going to a party? The only logical reason I could think of is she's secretly meeting another guy. I mean, going to a party should be no deal, that's until you go there secretly. Party...? Now that I think about it, I'm not even sure where she was. I just kind of assumed. If she didn't go to a party, then where did she go? To a guy's house? Why did she come home so late? What'd she do the whole time?

I groan out loud in frustration. I can't think straight. I'm too jealous and angry.

---------------------------------------------------------

2 months later.

Chorong POV

"So, you want to sit with my friends I today?" Minwoo asked, waving his lunch in my face. I shrug, watching as  Jinyoung, Baro and Gongchan walk into the room. Jinyoung met my eyes, subtly smiled, then proceeded to his seat. 

Jinyoung and I are....okay now. Ever since 2 months ago, Jinyoung and I have a completely different behavior towards each other. He no longer teases me, playfully hugs me, or sits next to me on the couch, starting conversations that lasts for hours.

We don't talk, and the only thing we do together is live in the same house. Jinyoung has lost the twinkle in his eyes when he looks at me. It's as if our former relationship is completely gone, and probably never to go back. We only remain as shadows of our old selves.

"Chorong, let's go." Minwoo grabbed my hand, directing me out the classroom. I glance back at Jinyoung, and he doesn't even look up. Everyday, I'm still waiting for him. Even if he doesn't care. I still like him, after all. "I brought chicken feet for lunch. Your favorite, right? I'll share if you beg~" Minwoo cooed.

I chuckle, shaking my head. Minwoo has been acting really nice to me since 2 months ago. To me and people he's close with, Minwoo is nice and funny. A really caring, warm guy. But, to other people, he's cocky, arrogant, and annoying. Which upsets me. No one really knows how nice it is to be around Minwoo unless you really get to know him.

"So, can we hold hands? Since we're a couple." Minwoo hummed, attempting to grab my hand. I sigh, playfully smacking him in the back of head, trying to hide how annoyed I am by hearing the word, couple.

Yes, we technically are a couple. But, Minwoo doesn't seem to remember I was forced into this. Luckily, no one knows we're 'together.' Which is a relief, because I don't like the idea of being in a relationship with Minwoo at all. 

"Hyung, wait for us!" Gongchan yelled, Baro running beside him. I turn around, and Jinyoung was quickly walking down the hallway, trying to get away from them. I wonder why...?

Suddenly, Minwoo wrapped his arm around my waist, lightly placing his hand on my hip.

Jinyoung stopped in his tracks, tilting his head as he gawked at us. "W-What are you doing?" I whisper loudly, trying to push Minwoo off.

"Showing off my girlfriend, that's what. Doesn't that nerd like you? Jealously is totally written all over his face." Minwoo scoffed, pulling me closer.

I glanced at Jinyoung, and he was standing to the side of the hallway, watching us. Once he realized I was looking at him, he snapped from his day dreaming, awkwardly walking away.

---------------------------------------------------------

Jinyoung POV

"Hyung, you're not ticked off Minwoo and Chorong have been spending alot of time together?" Baro pouted, pointing to them as Chorong and Minwoo leave the room, hand in hand. I shrug, taking out my lunch.

"Doesn't really bother me." I dully said, picking up rice with my chopsticks.

"Really? I thought you liked Chorong." Gongchan added, leaning his elbow on the desk. I groan, setting my chopsticks down.

"I don't--"

"Yeah, Hyung. Before, you would have smoke coming out of your ears if any guy was near Chorong. But, you're fine with Minwoo holding her hand? If you ask me, I bet they're a couple." Baro bluntly remarked, nodding his head.

"They probably are." Gongchan sighed.

Can't we talk about something else other than Chorong for once. I pack my lunch back up.

I stand up from my seat, walking towards the exit. "H-Hyung! Where are you going!" Baro called out, hurriedly getting up from his seat. Gongchan did the same, running towards me.

If all they're going to do is talk about Chorong, I rather go sit with Gayoon and her friends. I can't take it.

I quickly walk down the hallway, squeezing through crowds in an attempt to lose Baro and Gongchan's trail. As I was walking, I noticed Minwoo and Chorong walking together, laughing and smiling. I look away, trying to ignore them.

I rather not involve myself with Minwoo. So, I planned to just go past them, pretending not to notice. But, Minwoo did something that caught my attention very quickly. He wrapped his arm around Chorong's waist, bringing her close. And the worst part, Chorong didn't really seem to mind.

I froze in my tracks, gawking at them. My face is beginning to burn up, and my fists are curling. Why can't I take my eyes off them? I-It's not like I should care anyway....

Chorong began staring at me, with an almost sad expression. I wake up from spacing out.

Why does she look so upset? 

I watch as Minwoo drags her towards the cafeteria. Chorong looked back at me once more, with empty eyes.

It's as if she's signaling me something, but I don't know....

---------------------------------------------------------

After School.

Chorong POV

After the school bell rang, Minwoo immediately walked over to my desk, with a mischevious grin creeping on his face. "What are you doing...?" I mutter, as Minwoo took my hand into his, directing me to the front of the classroom. 

"Just play along." Minwoo chuckled. Once we were standing in front of everyone, Minwoo pointedly cleared his throat, grabbing everyone's attention. "Everyone, I have something important to announce."

What is he doing...? Minwoo took a deep breath, raising our conjoined hands up. "Chorong and I are dating." Huh?

Minwoo's sudden declaration was responded with multiple gasps and mumbles. The room became dead silent besides the quiet weeping of a male student. It remained like this for a few moments, until suddenly, Jinyoung shot up from his seat.

All eyes were on him as he made his way towards the door. He quickly glanced at us, and Minwoo shot him a evil smirk. Jinyoung rolled his eyes, opening the door, and closed it shut as he left.

Minwoo is just adding to the list of misunderstandings between Jinyoung and me. I pull away from Minwoo, walking out the door. This is all too embarrassing and shocking for me to handle.

---------------------------------------------------------

Jinyoung POV

If I hadn't left right there, I probably would have flipped the table. Not just from jealously. Or anger. But a feeling of betrayal.

All the memories from the night of 2 months ago is suddenly returning to me, and all the puzzle pieces are coming together.

The voice from the background. The guy she went to meet. The reason she sneaked out. Everything is making sense now. But to learn the truth like this....

I approach my locker, smashing my fist against it. I sit down on the small seat, tugging my hair in frustration. I can't deny it anymore. I can't keep pretending I'm okay seeing her with other guys.

I still love Chorong, and I hate the fact Minwoo already snatched her away from me. I waited too long.

I'm too late.

---------------------------------------------------------

 Thank you so much for the new subcribers and comments!

Subscribe and comment! I don't like silent readers, like at all.

SORRY THIS CHAPTER IS KIND OF SHORT. I should've been doing my homework xD.