Stage 08: Incomplete Original

DP: KT Angel

"You're... Taeng?" Tiffany stared at the person in front of her. The clothes had changed. He was wearing the clothes he used for his heists, with a feather on his hand.

“You can’t tell anyone about this. I’ll explain later. But right now, we have to get you and those two out of here.” Taeng opened the door of the ride. There weren’t lights at the top so he won’t be noticed. He sprouted his wings open.

“Come.” Taeng held out his hand for Tiffany to take.

“Take them first. I can hold much longer.” Tiffany ordered Taeng. He nodded.

“I’ll be back.”

Taeng flew in on the next cart. He saw Sunny and Yuri. Sunny was a bit panicky but Yuri seemed to be level-minded at the moment. He stopped before the cart’s door and knocked. Sunny saw this and opened the door. He motioned them to grab his hand.

"Come on. Hurry. It's dangerous right now." He said to them. Taeng looked at both Sunny and Yuri. Yuri seemed to be shocked to see him.

"You're?! Sunny, can you-?" Yuri was holding onto Sunny’s arm, nudging her as if to ask to confirm if she could see Taeng as well.

"Yes, I can. Now go first. Taeng." Sunny called Taeng which caused him to look at her.

"Thanks." Taeng nodded before helping Yuri down the Ferris wheel. When they reached the ground, he made to fly once again. He went back to Sunny. He stopped in front of her, his wings folded.

"Taeng! Is Tiffany alright?" Sunny asked.

"She told me to help you two first." Sunny was about to come near him when they heard a voice.

"How foolish of you... To leave your maiden alone..." Sunny and Taeyeon turned at the source of the voice. They saw a young girl on the cart in front of Tiffany. She was wearing a black leather trench coat with fasteners on the front. She was adorned with black pants with a gray turtleneck. There was a pole fastened on her back. Tiffany was in a defensive mode, standing as if ready to defend herself.

"Fany!" Sunny called out while Taeng held her so he could bring her on the ground.

"Let me go! You should save her first!" Sunny shouted at Taeng.

"I need to know that you'll be safe first. She ordered me to make sure you're safe!" He quickly flew up with Sunny in his arms and as soon as he landed with her, Sunny held onto him.

"Promise me that you'll save her."

Taeng nodded and he stretched his wings, flying up back to the cart. He stayed in mid air as he watched the unknown individual inside the cart with Tiffany. He noticed that she has not done anything to Tiffany at all. It was as if she was waiting.

"What do you want with her?" Taeng asked. The girl didn't say anything but she stretched her hand toward Tiffany and it glowed. Tiffany fainted.

"Tiffany!" Taeng charged. The stranger let Tiffany to lie comfortably on the cart before she faced Taeng.

"You're weak." The stranger said. Taeng gritted his teeth as he landed a punch on the girl. But his attack didn't land when the girl vanished from his sight and appear behind him.

"Slow... Where's the other one?" She asked from behind him. He turned and she jumped away, still suspended in mid air.

"What are you talking about?"

"But you're complete already... Why?" Taeng noticed that her eyes were blank.

"Are you... an artifact?" Taeng asked. She didn't answer. Taeng froze and he held his stomach. She had landed a punch on him without him even noticing it.

"You're fast."

“No. You’re just not using your power.” At the blink of an eye, she appeared before him and punched him again at the stomach, her hand in contact. Taeng was shocked as light radiated from her hand and he was blasted.

"Ah!" Taeng heard Taeyeon in pain.

"Hold on!" He quickly headed towards the cart to get Tiffany and escape but his wings failed him. Since Dan wasn't there, the wings he had were from his own power. Taeyeon's energy is also used since she is his tamer. And this would mean that Taeyeon and Taeng are practically the same person who will feel the same pain. He should have brought Dan with him. He fell on the ground. He watched as the person carried Tiffany. He sat up, not noticing that Sunny and Yuri watched their fight. The two settled near him as he felt the pain from the blast.

"I'll be taking her for a while. Tell your master that I'm waiting for the Saekgeu wings." The girl said as she and Tiffany vanished. He got into a kneeling position as he tried to ignore the pain and grow his wings again. But the blast had taken a toll on his body, Taeyeon's body. He looked down on his stomach to see a burn and a bruise; his clothes had a hole on it.

"Tsk!" Taeng was frustrated as he punched the ground. Sunny placed a hand on his shoulder.

"I failed you..." Sunny didn't say anything. She didn't know what to say. She looked at Yuri who was still looking at the direction where the two vanished.

"Its-" Before she could say anything, Taeng bolted away, the darkness cloaking him.

"Taeng..." He was gone.

"Sunny. This..." Sunny looked at Yuri to see her with a card. It was Taeng's.

"I will steal Tiffany back from the girl. Give me two days." - Phantom Thief Taeng.

"What is this?" Yuri asked.

"It's a promise."

 

Taeng had changed back to Taeyeon in the darkness. Before his change to Taeyeon, he made sure that they were alone. Taeng was wrapped in dark light before Taeyeon came out. She breathed heavily as she slumped near a tree.

"What was that about?" Taeyeon managed to say as she breathed out heavily. She winced when she tried to move. She looked down to see a badly burned bruise on her stomach.

"Do you think this will leave a scar?" No answer.

"Taeng?"

"Aren't you mad?"

"At who?"

"At me." Taeyeon felt bad. She faintly shook her head.

"... You promised that we'll get her back. I know we'll get her back." Taeyeon laid back to rest on the tree. She heard rustlings. Taeyeon closed her eyes, praying that no one would see her in this condition. She placed an arm over her stomach so anyone who would see would think she's fine.

"I'm gone for a week and this happens." Taeyeon's eyes opened toward the familiar voice.

"Jessica?" She was met with a smirk only a Jung can muster.

"One and only. Now, come on. I'll help you home." Jessica held Taeyeon by the waist with one of Taeyeon's arm by her shoulders.

"Thanks."

"What happened?"

"Long story. But Tiffany..." Taeyeon saw Jessica stop.

"She got taken by an artifact."

"Can I stay over with you today?" Jessica continued walking as Taeyeon nodded.

 

Kim Residence

"Kim Taeyeon! What happened to you?" A worried mother asked Taeyeon. Her grandfather was looking at her, equally worried. Both adults were cautious as well. They have a Jung in their house.

"Things got a bit out of control today. But Jessica helped me get home." The two looked at the Jung as they helped Taeyeon settle on the couch.

"Thank you very much for you help, Ms. Jung." Mrs. Kim thanked her nonetheless.

"I was just passing by. I couldn't let her on her own." Jessica answered.

"Mom. Jessica can stay for tonight right?" Mrs. Kim looked at Taeyeon. Taeyeon held her gaze. Mrs. Kim sighed.

"Alright."

"I know already, Mrs. Kim. And don’t worry about Taeyeon. I had a deal with Taeng already.” Mrs. Kim was still a bit worried but she allowed it.

 

Taeyeon’s room

Jessica was helping Taeyeon with her wound. They were sitting on the floor. Jessica managed to clean the wound easily and she was wrapping it by now.

“So what happened?”

“Well, it first started as an operation to cheer Tiffany up. She was… sad for some reason so Sunny wanted to cheer her up by taking her to the amusement park. Yuri came with us. But the thing is, Sunny wanted to ask Taeng to help… so Taeng was with the three of them a while ago.” Jessica finished wrapping the wound and was now sitting back.

“Everything was going well, until the Ferris wheel stopped and Taeng and I noticed a presence. Tiffany kind of find out who we are.”

“What?! Who else knows?”

“Just Tiffany. And why are you panicking? She only found out about Taeng and I.” Jessica coughed and motioned for her to continue.

“Okay. Then this girl came in. And to be precise, she took Tiffany with her.” Taeyeon watched Jessica in thought.

“Did she say anything? Do you know her name?”

“Well, she didn’t introduce herself. But she told Taeng to tell his master that she wants the Saekgeu wings.” As the words left Taeyeon’s mouth, Jessica turned to her in surprise.

“Taeyeon. Do you know what this means?” Jessica asked to which Taeyeon just shook her head.

“It started a long time ago. My ancestor was the most famous artist. My family is a long line of artists. We can practically copy any art piece we see. Your family, on the other hand, they were a line of thieves. When our ancestors met, they were enemies right away. Yours stole our artworks and mine tried to catch you. Then, there was a time, my ancestor created a trap for you. He created a large canvas-like artwork and on it were the Saekgeu wings.”

“So is that why you always tried to catch Taeng?”

“Yes. It’s my job. However, even my ancestor didn’t expect to get in the canvas. And that’s how we have Jesse and Taeng. You could say that they are our male counterparts. Every generation of our family will inherit the genes of these two.”

“But I heard that it was supposed to be on males only. Why did it appear on us?”

“Didn’t Taeng tell you?”

“No. Was he supposed to tell me?”

“Well, you were supposed to know that already. We got the genes because they chose to.”

“They?”

“Taeng and Jesse.”

“Ah… So why are you telling me this?”

“Oh. It’s because that girl that took Tiffany was one of those artworks. And she was incomplete. It was supposed to be locked in. It is the reason why she told Taeng to talk to his master. Since it is both the Kim and the Jung’s curse, we are their tamers. I am her maker.”

“So she wants to talk to you?”

“No. She took Tiffany because she was with you at that time. She thought that Tiffany was your maiden.”

“Then, if you’re her maker… Who is she?”

 

In the lighthouse at the other side of town

Tiffany stirred. She opened her eyes to see that she was alone. She looked around. It was an old room. There was a window. She stood up to look, hoping that she’ll know where she is.

“Oh, you’re awake.” Tiffany turned to see a girl.

“Where am I? Where have you taken me? Why?” Tiffany’s voice echoed in the room.

“Don’t worry. I’ve only taken you in this building at one corner of your town. He will come soon and I’m looking forward to meeting my maker.”

“He?”

“The Saekgeu Wings will come for you. And I will live as well.” Tiffany watched as the girl look at her with blank eyes.

“You… aren’t you alive right now?”

“I am incomplete. I don’t have a heart. And with the Saekgeu Wings, I will live. Just like a human. I would age like you do. I would learn so many things, instead of living with no purpose.”

“Don’t worry. I’ll let you go once I become alive. I just need time. So please, don’t leave.” The girl made a move to leave the room.

“What’s your name?” Tiffany asked with a smile. The girl just stared at her before answering.

“I’m called Yoona. Im Yoona.”

 

The next morning, Kim Residence

Jessica stirred at the slightest movement she heard. She opened her eyes to meet small red ones. It jumped away when she sat up.

“Oh, it’s just you…” Jessica stood up as Dan jumped onto Taeyeon’s bed. Jessica looked at Taeyeon’s bed to see that it was already made up. She decided to stay in the room until Taeyeon got back.

“Jessica, you’re awake. Want some breakfast?”

“No. I’m good. I’ll just drink some milk.” Taeyeon and Jessica went down to the kitchen and Taeyeon gave Jessica a glass of milk. A thought crossed Taeyeon’s mind.

“You said the artworks are supposed to be locked, right?”

“Yes. Why?”

“Then why is she out loose right now?”

“I… don’t know. I just got back. But I did notice that someone managed to hack in my family’s account. There I have the list of all the art works my ancestors had made and the power they possess.”

“The power they possess… you mean every one of your family’s original pieces is cursed.”

“That’s right. And I’m sure you know this by now. Taeng steals them to purify them. But the seals aren’t permanent. The art that I make may appear beautiful but every single one of them is cursed. That’s… who I am.” This brought a rather grim atmosphere. But Taeyeon broke it.

“Do you know anyone who has the ability to hack in your family’s system? To be able to set free your art works?”

 

At a familiar residence, a girl was in front of her computer. She was typing in a password for the Jung System and the Police Department’s secret database. With a couple of keys, the website opened and the database showed the list and all the details of the art pieces. She clicked over Im Yoona’s profile.

Location: Missing

She genuinely smiled at this.

“I’ve looked everywhere for you. You really haven’t aged a bit. I’ve missed you.”

 

A/N: I’m a bad author right now aren’t I? I’m sorry I couldn’t make this chapter better than I hoped it would be. I had to revise some things. But I promise that the next chapter would be better. It had action with it. And for the first time, our two Dual personas will be working together. Isn’t that neat?

Thank you guys for the comments, and thank you to those who subscribed. Now I got 58. Hehe. ^^ And this story got an upvote from izaTaegeangers. Thank you very much!

I’ll be back on my old self by next week.

Oh, and have you guys read the Valentine’s Special I wrote? I was wondering if I should make an actual story about. I want to see if you guys catch on what I was trying to present with our Aces. Those that do catch it will get a prize. Anything. I can write one more story or something. It’s up to you guys. I’ll reveal the actual idea I was going for on the next chapter. This will be a little hard since it requires you to look into my eyes. *shows eyes* Hehe. I have brown eyes.

Okay. See you guys around on the next chapter. ^-^v