Stage 19: Needing a little push

DP: KT Angel

“Yuri is in there.” Jesse said as they continued looking down the old, stone staircase. There was air blowing from the inside and it was unsettling. Jesse stepped forward so he was right in front of the steps. His blue eyes stared at the steps for a little bit.

“Let’s go.” He said as he took a step down, and another, and another. Taeyeon followed Jesse, cautious of the area as well, and Yoona came after.

It was pitch black. There was nothing to see yet they continued walking.

“It’s too dark in here. I can’t see anything.” Taeyeon said.

“Jesse! Can you see anything?” Taeng’s voice echoed in the ruin.

“Not really. This is the first time I’ve been here.” Jesse answered. Then they both heard rustlings on the stone.

“Yoona?” Taeyeon called out. The rustlings stopped.

“Ne, unnie?” Then, came Yoona’s voice.

“What are you doing?” Taeyeon asked.

“I’m trying to feel the walls. Maybe there is something there. But I can’t feel anything.” Yoona answered. They stood there for a moment when they actually heard footsteps. But these footsteps were lighter than a human’s. Small red eyes were seen.

“What is that?” Jesse asked, assuming an evasive maneuver.

“That’s just Dan.” Taeng said.

“Eh?” Taeyeon exclaimed when the fluffy creature jumped towards her face and a familiar softness was felt.

“Dan?” Taeyeon asked to check. After a few seconds, the creature gave off a familiar sound.

“Kyu~” At this, Taeyeon held onto the creature in her arms.

“Dan. What are you doing here?” Taeng asked.

“Kyu! Kyu. Kyu. Kyu~” Dan voiced out while snuggling onto Taeyeon’s face.

“Help us?” Taeyeon asked. She felt Dan nod and face the direction they were facing. His eyes glow a brighter red and suddenly, torches were lit and it lightened up the passageway. They could see the way in front of them now. Taeyeon was about to thank Dan when she saw his appearance.

“Dan?! Why is your fur black?” Taeyeon exclaimed, inspecting Dan as she held him up.

“Kyu!”

“His transformation was stopped in the middle. He usually starts transforming to my wings.”

“Kyu!” Dan said while shaking his head while waving his front paws.

“Oh? He says it’s to help us too.” Taeng said. At that, Dan nodded his head. He jumped down from Taeyeon’s hold and stood on his own. He started exuding a black aura and he encased the group in a circle.

“What’s this?” Jesse asked.

“That’s Dan’s protection circle. Looks like we’ll need it.”

“Kyu!”

“Or he just wants to show off and take us somewhere.”

“Kyu~” With that, they started walking deeper in the ruin. After a long while of walking, they came before a large hole, assuming that through that walk they were walking onto lower grounds. At that large hole, a purple door came in view. Dan removed the circle.

“Kyu!” Dan sounded off towards the door as he turned back and forth the group and the door.

“A door?” Taeyeon and Yoona both said.

‘Those markings!’ Jesse exclaimed internally but his shock was evident on his face. Taeyeon and Yoona didn’t notice this as they got near the door. They tried pushing it open but it didn’t budge.

“Eh? How do we get in?” Taeyeon asked Yoona and they both turned to Dan.

“Kyu. Kyu. Kyu!” Dan said, sounding sad.

“He says that he was not let into it before we even came.”  Taeng sounded disappointed too.

“What do you think, Jesse? Jesse?” Receiving no reply from Jesse, Taeyeon and Yoona turned and saw him in shock. This surprised the both of them.

“Jesse, what’s wrong?” Taeyeon asked, making her way towards him.

“Jesse Oppa?” Yoona called.

“Those markings…” His voice was silent, expressing disbelief. Taeyeon and Yoona turned their attention back at the door. They didn’t find it familiar so what was Jesse worrying about.

“What is it? Taeng?” Taeyeon asked.

“Those markings… are somewhat the same markings from the Saekgeu Wings.” They stared at the door.

“Kyu! Kyu! Kyu!” Dan’s sounds were loud. They turned to him.

“He’s telling us not to worry. It’s not the same thing.” Taeyeon said.

“The markings. It’s a Jung artifact according to those marks. If it’s a Jung artifact, there is always a curse in it.” Jesse explained.

“Then I’ll seal it.” Taeyeon tried but Jesse shook his head.

“You can seal any other Jung artifact but anything that has the markings of the Wings will not be sealed. That’s why the curse still lives on. Even Taeng’s past tamer was unable to.”

“Well, Dan said that it’s not the same thing. You said that it’s cursed right?” Taeyeon received a nod from Jesse.

“Since it’s a door, don’t you think that it’s a curse to whatever is behind it? It’s probably locking something inside. Or worse, Yuri could be in there.” Taeyeon deduced. Jesse thought about it for a bit.

“Fine. I’ll open it for you.” Jesse reluctantly said.

“You can open it?” Taeyeon asked.

“I’m a Jung.” Jesse gave a smirk before standing before the door. He held out his right hand before it and his hand radiated blue aura. The door radiated a blue aura as well and it opened. They all looked in and saw a room of bright blue that made the room look like as if it was made out of ice. Jesse set down his hand and started walking in.

Taeyeon followed but as soon as she took a step in the room, there was a gust of wind that made her close her eyes. When it died down and she opened her eyes, she was dressed in Taeng’s robes. It was almost like Jesse’s white robes, only it was black. It was black attire fixated with silver buckles paired with black pants and black shoes.

“Wow… You are breath-taking.” Taeng voiced out which caused Taeyeon to blush.

“Taeng!” Then, Taeyeon noticed that Jesse had a blush on his face.

“Jesse!”

“What? He’s not lying.” Jesse said with a smirk adorning his now usual confident face. Yoona went in the room as well and she was wrapped in green light before she was also adorned in her usual attire. She had a green turtleneck under a grey overcoat with bronze linings paired with a green skirt, white short socks, and brown shoes.

As soon as the three of them were in the room with Dan, the door closed. They suddenly became cautious since the air in the room seemed different. Suddenly, a purple light shined from the very far corner of the room. Yuri appeared.

“Yuri!” Taeyeon was glad to see her but Jesse held her back.

“This isn’t the Kwon you know. This is Yuri, the Controller of Time.” Jesse paused. “And this… it’s not our battle to fight.”

“What do you mean?” Taeyeon asked but noticed that Yoona and Yuri were looking straight at each other.

“These two were lovers…”

“Eh?” Taeyeon turned her attention back at the two. She tried to step forward but she was pushed back.

“What was that?” Taeyeon asked.

 

“Yuri unnie…” Yoona called out. Yuri’s eyes displayed hurt for a bit but she held a smile.

“Yoona.” Yuri said her name with something Yoona haven’t heard for a long time yet she can’t remember when it was.

“I… we have to perform the ritual, Yoona.”

“Ritual?”

“Help Kwon Yuri remember.” Those were the only words spoken before Yuri pointed her staff at Yoona and blasted her with a purple ball of light, sending Yoona to one side of the room.

 

“Yoona!” Taeyeon stood up and charged at the barrier only to be pushed back again and caught in Jesse’s arms.

“They can’t hear you. And we can’t interfere.”

“What ritual is this?” Taeyeon asked Jesse.

“This… I haven’t seen this for a long time. This is the same ritual that created Yuri.”

“What?”

 

“Yuri unnie…” Yoona was shocked as she sat up.

“Fight me, Yoona.”

“Yuri unnie…”

“Kwon Yuri is not here. I am Yuri.” Yoona stared at Yuri, her doe-like eyes wide, brown and ash grey irises.

“Help Kwon Yuri remember, Yoona.” Yuri charged at Yoona. Since Yoona’s defenses were down, she didn’t block the attack as Yuri pulled her off the floor and started attacking her in mid-air.

 

“What is going on? Yoona!” Taeyeon pounded on the barrier.

“I don’t know. But I think that Kwon Yuri is not Yuri herself, but she had become Yuri’s reincarnation.”

“Why would you think that?”

“In Master Jessica’s memory, she was surrounded by Little Im, Yuri, and Sooyoung. Yuri mentioned something about leaving. She entrusted Little Im to Master Jessica. And it seems like she entrusted her to you.” Jesse paused as they watched Yuri charge at Yoona again.

“What does that have to do with this?”

“Yuri wanted to stop the curse.”

 

“You have to defeat me, Yoona.” Yuri said as she stood a long distance from Yoona.

“Yuri… un…” Yoona was beaten up badly. Since it was still Yuri fighting her, she didn’t fight back or even defended herself.

“You have to fight me, Yoona. Or else, Kwon Yuri… will never have existed.” At that, Yoona’s irises, both turned ash grey.

 

“What’s happening to Yoona?” Taeyeon asked.

“Little Im… She knows deep down that the Yuri she knew before is gone. Her present and future now is Kwon Yuri.” Jesse looked at Taeyeon.

“I’ll do it.” Taeyeon looked at Jesse as he stood before the barrier and touched it. It sparked out electricity from her touch. Taeyeon was confused. To her, the barrier only keeps pushing her back by force but for Jesse, it seemed to be far worse.

“What are you doing?” Taeyeon asked.

“I’m opening the barrier. If Yuri is defeated and we are not out of this barrier, it will be harder to break through it. But we can’t interfere with the ritual. Promise me that, Taeyeon-ssi!”

 

Yoona slowly stood up as she was missing her normal strength. Yuri pointed her staff at her once more on guard. At this time, Yoona wasn’t saying anything. She wasn’t calling Yuri at all. Her eyes were as if they were in a trance yet at the same time they looked like they were not. She raised her right arm to the side and a familiar pole materialized. She was now radiating green aura. Her hand held onto the pole’s body and she assumed a combat position, the pole now pointed to Yuri.

Yoona wasted no time. She charged at Yuri and swung her pole. Yuri barely dodged as she was a bit surprised of Yoona’s newly discovered speed. She used her staff to deflect the attack but she was pushed a few meters from where she was standing before. The minute she looked up from the floor to face Yoona, the girl already managed to charge at her again with the pole.

Yuri stared at Yoona’s shining ash grey irises. She smiled.

‘That smile…’ Yoona saw the same smile flash before her eyes. It was from Kwon Yuri.

“Almost there, Yoona.” Yuri’s voice echoed in Yoona’s mind as she stared at Yuri’s eyes.

Yoona’s ash grey irises shined once more before her pole materialized into a sword. She jumped from Yuri and once she landed on the ground, hurried to Yuri again. By this time, Yuri changed her staff into a sword that looked exactly like Yoona’s.

The blades clashed and produced a note. As they swung at each other, it sounded like both swords were singing. Their blades crossed at unbelievable speed before meeting again after another swing. Yoona jumped away as Yuri pushed her blade and swung at her again. Yuri ran towards Yoona and their blades met again, only this time, Yoona’s blade slid against Yuri’s and pierced through Yuri’s side.

Yuri stood still as she stared at Yoona’s eyes. Those beautiful doe eyes… it looked like they awoke. They were immediately filled with disbelief at the event and so much sadness. Those brown and ash grey eyes were back.

“Yul…” Yuri only smiled before inching towards Yoona despite the pain.

“It’s been a while since I heard you call me that, Yoona… My Yoona…” Yuri rested her forehead against Yoona’s. Yoona immediately removed the sword from Yuri and it landed with a clang on the floor. There was blood.

“Yul!” Yoona called out.

“Don’t worry. I won’t die. Kwon Yuri… I am now Kwon Yuri.” Yuri said, chuckling and wincing at the same time. Yoona looked at the wound on Yuri’s side. It shined green before it completely healed. It was as if she never got the wound but Yuri’s clothes did have the tear on it. Yoona looked back at Yuri and smiled, to which the girl returned the smile.

Yuri raised her hand to rest it on Yoona’s cheek before it sneakily went to her nape and pulled her down for a kiss. It was not quick not long. When they pulled away, Yuri stared at Yoona and a blush filled all of her face. Yoona became confused.

“Don’t look at me like that!” Yuri suddenly squealed and sat up and covered her face.

“Ah! I can’t believe I did that!” Yuri was squealing. Yoona became even more confused. She looked to the side and saw Taeyeon and Jesse.

“Don’t worry, Little Im. She’s alright.” Jesse reassured. Yuri and Yoona stood up from the floor.

“Let’s go back now. What time is it?” Taeyeon asked.

“4:30pm.” Yuri answered as she looked at her watch.

“Mwo? It’s that late already?” Taeyeon exclaimed.

“Kwon is now the Controller of Time. When they fought, it makes time go faster than it feels like.” Jessi explained, turning from the others.

“Let’s go now. Everyone will be worried.” Taeyeon, Yoona, and Yuri started making their way back to the tunnel. Jesse stood still. Then he followed.

They walked the whole time and finally, they saw the staircase. Taeyeon ran for the exit with Dan on her shoulders. When they got out, Dan’s fur was back to white.

“Dan! You’re fur is white again.” Taeyeon said as she hugged Dan as he snuggled to her again. Yuri and Yoona came out after her.

“Wow. It is really late. We should really go back.” Yuri said as she saw the sun was about to set. Yoona looked around and then back at the staircase.

“Oppa?” She called.

“What’s wrong?” Taeyeon asked. Dan jumped from Taeyeon’s hold once again.

“Kyu!”

“Jesse!” Taeyeon saw Jesse on the ground, unconscious.

“Oppa!” Yoona helped Taeyeon bring Jesse out in the open.

“What happened? He was just fine a while ago.” Yuri asked.

“He was still recuperating from before. Then he tried to open the barrier during the ritual.” Taeyeon answered.

“He’s weak. I can feel it. I have to get him back. I’ll bring her with me. You guys follow later.” Yuri said as she took Jessica and positioned her carefully and comfortably on her back.

“Be careful. Tell the others that you guys went for a walk. I’ll make up an excuse for Jessica and I.” Taeyeon and Yoona nodded as Yuri went ahead.

Yuri continued to walk until she was in the beach. She paused for a bit. She tried to look at Jessica from the corner of her eyes.

“Feels just like old times, right Jessica?” She smiled to herself before continuing back to the hotel. The minute she entered, all eyes were on her.

“Yuri! What happened?” Yuri looked to see Tiffany running towards her and Jessica.

“She asked me to help her outside. We played for a bit then she got tired. She’s resting right now.” Yuri lied. It was a good thing there were no wounds on Jessica. She’ll have a harder time making up an excuse for that. It seems that everyone bought the idea.

“Where are Taeyeon and Yoona?” Yuri turned to see Sunny, evidently worried.

“They are-” As if on cue, Taeyeon and Yoona came in.

“Sorry we’re late. We went for a walk around the island.” Taeyeon explained.

“Oh! Yuri unnie, what’s Jessica unnie doing out of bed?” Yoona asked as to make it look like they didn’t meet.

“She wanted to go outside so I helped her. She got tired so she’s sleeping.” Yuri explained. Sunny walked so she was standing in front of the three. The three looked at her curiously. Then Sunny hit their heads lightly.

“Ya! Don’t go off like that without telling anyone. I was so worried that something bad happened to you guys.” Sunny reprimanded them. They hung their heads low while the other students laughed at the display.

“Especially you, Taeyeon. I was very worried.” Sunny stared at Taeyeon who looked up in time for their eyes to meet. Taeyeon’s heart rate rose when she met Sunny’s gaze but when she saw the worry in them, she smiled.

“I’m sorry.” This took Sunny off guard as she the smile on Taeyeon’s face.

“W-well, just don’t do it again. Tell us where you are going next time.” Sunny said, blushing a bit.

“I’ll bring Jessica back to her room. Her bandages need changing.” Yuri said. Yoona followed after her leaving Taeyeon and Dan with Tiffany and Sunny.

“Well, I’ll see you guys later. I’m going to my room.” Taeyeon said before going back to her room with Dan. Tiffany and Sunny watched as she left.

“Hwaiting!” Tiffany said to Sunny before following Taeyeon to her room. Sunny suddenly remembered her plan. She looked at the time. 6:59pm; it was late. She got too distracted about looking for Taeyeon and the others that she forgot about it.

“Ah, now I have to hurry!” She ran to her room.

 

It was now 7:27 pm. Taeyeon, Tiffany, Yoona, and Yuri were in Taeyeon and Yuri’s room. Taeyeon was sitting on her bed while Tiffany played with Dan. Yoona was taking a nap while Yuri lay next to her, facing Taeyeon and Tiffany.

‘Oh! It’s time!’ Tiffany thought.

“Taeyeon~” Tiffany got Taeyeon’s attention who were previously at the dukongs on her bed.

“What?” Taeyeon asked. Tiffany was giggling.

“Go to mine and Sunny’s room. I forgot my phone there. Can you get it for me?” Tiffany said.

“What do you need it for?” Taeyeon asked, not really liking the idea of moving away from her dukongs.

“I have to tell my dad goodnight. He told me that on every trip that I should send him a message by 7:45. Please. Can you get it for me? I don’t want to move~” Tiffany pleaded. Taeyeon, being a good-natured person, stood up and went outside of their room on her way to the designated room. Yuri watched amusingly as Tiffany smiled to herself as she played with Dan.

 

Taeyeon was only about two doors away when she was spotted by a teacher.

“Ah, Taeyeon-ssi, can you do me a favor?” The teacher called.

“Ne, what can I do for you?” Taeyeon asked.

“Can you take these to Jessica-ssi’s room? I have to go and meet up with the other teachers so I can tell them that Jessica-ssi just went out to play with Yuri-ssi.” Taeyeon nodded as she took the box of bandages from the teacher and went to the room before Tiffany and Sunny’s.

She went in and saw Jessica lying down on the bed, resting. She placed the box of bandages on the drawer in the cabinet. She paused to look and see if Jessica needs tending for a bit. She looked at the time, 7:40. She was about to go out when she felt herself being pulled. She fell on the bed and looked up at Jessica who was on top of her.

“Jessica?” She asked.

“I’m still here, Taeyeon-ssi.” Jesse answered.

“What’s wrong? Are you hurt?” Taeyeon asked, clearly not aware of their position.

“We’re in this kind of position and that is what you ask?” Jesse chuckled. Taeyeon blushed but listened.

“Your relationship is very slow... It’s tiring to watch.” Jessi said with a smirk.

“What are you talking about?” Taeyeon asked confused.

“Since Taeng isn’t here to push some buttons, I’ll be doing them on my own.” Jesse said as he paused. Taeyeon waited. Nothing. Jesse wasn’t doing anything.

“What exactly are you pushing the buttons for?” Taeyeon inquired.

“For that.” Jesse said before gesturing to the door. Taeyeon’s eyes met familiar brown ones.

“S-Sunny.” Taeyeon called out, sitting up.

“I’m sorry… I… I didn’t mean to intrude… I heard your voice so I figured you’d be…” At each word, Sunny didn’t look up at Taeyeon. She was looking down.

“I thought…” With that, she ran out.

“Wait! Sunny!” Taeyeon ran after her.

Jesse watched the two of them go out and he lied down on the bed. He chuckled at his handiwork. Then he stopped. He felt eyes on him so he turned his eyes to the open door. Tiffany was standing right there, her right hand on the door and her left to her side.

“You…” Jesse whispered.

 

A/N: Hey guys! I’m back after ten days. Sorry for not updating last week. One bad thing happened and it was followed by another. I just didn’t have the heart to write for a while. I’m feeling better so here is the update.

Thank you very much for leaving the comments and for the new subscribers as well, guys. I appreciate them very much. I think I got a few upvotes right? Thank you very much Adorkable Girl, KalakiMae, and aegYura. I hope I don’t disappoint you. ^^

Well, see you guys again for the next chapter. See you around. ^-^v