Stage 12: Having School Once Again

DP: KT Angel

“Home.” Taeng said as he held Jesse by his shoulders with a still scared Sooyoung followed behind them.

“Home? Where exactly is that?” Jesse asked as he continued walking to the direction Taeng was pushing him to go.

“Hm…” Taeng paused for a bit to think.

“Mine and Taeyeon’s.” He said.

“What?! It should be Master Jessica’s house. I live there in this generation.”

“Yeah, but it’s not home without the Sergeant, is it?” Taeng asked.

“Don’t push your luck. You’re being too casual with me, Taeng.” Jesse said but never answered the question. Taeng just continued pushing him on the road ahead. They were still in their tamer’s body so they weren’t exactly suspicious. Luckily, the streets were empty. As the three of them walked, Taeng fished Taeyeon’s phone from his pocket. He quickly dialed a familiar number.

“Yeoboseyo?” There was an answer right away.

“Yoona, its Taeng. We have a problem.”

“Oh? Where’s Taeyeon unnie?”

“That’s part of the problem. Can you meet us outside the house? Help me tell Taeyeon’s family about it.”

“Okay, umm… I’ll call you Oppa then.” With a laugh, Yoona hanged up and Taeng only chuckled. They continued walking, not noticing a pair of soft brown eyes eyeing them from an open window.

 

“Oppa!” Taeng, Jesse, and Sooyoung could make out a running figure towards them as they looked up.

“Yoona.” Taeng addressed as she got to them. Yoona eyed them one by one. She noticed that Taeyeon’s eyes and Jessica's were not their usual brown. She quickly deduced that it had something to do with the transformations, and then, her eyes met with a familiar pair.

“Oh! Sooyoung unnie?”

“Yoona! Long time no see.” Sooyoung greeted before the two hugged.

“So what happened?” Yoona started as they neared Taeyeon’s neighborhood.

“Well, Taeyeon and Jessica were with Sooyoung, trying to figure out how we can help her gain control of her powers again. It was very simple to do. For Sooyoung’s power to be controlled once again, she must try to find the right dimension anyone was sent and get them back. The problem is that Taeyeon and Jessica were transported to another dimension. And she can’t get them back on her own.”

“Taeyeon and Jessica unnie? You mean… Then this person right now is…” Yoona’s voice trailed off as she stares at the person in the Jung’s body.  Jesse stared back coldly.

“Do you know him?” Taeng asked.

“No, not really… I’ve never seen him before.” Yoona answered. There was a moment of silence before they reached the Kim’s residence. They went in.

“Oh! Yoona, Taeye- Taeng?” Mrs. Kim asked. Taeyeon’s grandfather was equally surprised. Taeng just nodded.

“Something happened but I promise that I’ll have Taeyeon back in no time.” He made a promise.

“What happened? And who is this?” Mrs. Kim asked, gesturing at Sooyoung.

“I’m Choi Sooyoung, Mrs. Kim.”

“Well, in my defense, it was partly her fault. Oww! What was that for?” Taeng exclaimed as Jesse hit his side.

“A real gentleman, Taeng. You’re a real gentleman.” Jesse said. At this, the older Kims quickly realized that who stood before them beside Taeng is the Jung’s counterpart, Jesse.

“Wait! This Jung right here is Jesse?”Mr. Kim quickly exclaimed.

“Yes. The Sergeant also got transported to another dimension by Sooyoung, the Controller of Worlds.” He explained. “That’s really a long title, Soo.” He added. Sooyoung just showed him a peace sign.

“And I need him to help me get those two back.” He continued. Mrs. Kim was in deep thought. It was already bad enough that they already let the Jung associate so closely with their daughter, and now, they are practically opening their family to the enemy.

“I may be your enemy, but as a Jung, I am not one to go back on my words. I had a deal with Taeng already.” Mrs. Kim looked at Jesse, seeing as he had used the same line Jessica had used before. She thought of what her daughter would say, and in the end, she just gave her consent.

“Then please, don’t think of your rivalry for now. I want you two to return Taeyeon and Jessica soon.” With that, a silent agreement was made. Taeng and Jesse must now work together. Taeng nodded.

“Now, for tomorrow…” Taeng suddenly had a bad feeling when he heard Mrs. Kim’s opening statement.

“Um… I think it would be best if we sleep now.” Taeng started pushing Jesse to Taeyeon’s room.

“What’s wrong with you?” Jesse asked him.

“Shh!” Taeng just shushed him.

“Oh, not so fast.” They heard Mrs. Kim’s voice. Jesse saw that Taeng was sweating with nervousness. Somehow, this made him nervous as well.

“What are you two planning on doing tomorrow?” Taeng was careful at picking his words.

“We were going to try and bring them back as soon as the sun is up…” Sadly, it wasn’t careful enough.

“You two are going to school. If Taeyeon and Jessica are both absent, it’s going to be odd. You guys can try to bring them back once you get home.” Mrs. Kim said.

“Why would they get suspicious?” Jesse asked.

“Um… Taeng, Jesse… I think someone saw you two this evening and the two of you not showing up would cause a bit of a commotion.” Taeng and Jesse only looked at Sooyoung in confusion.

“What?”

“In other words, people tend to jump to conclusions, especially the person who saw you.”

“How so?”

“Well, I can’t show you now, but when we transport tomorrow, I can show you.” Sooyoung said. Taeng and Jesse just nodded.

“We’ll be sleeping now. I can’t believe I’m saying this but, we have to go to school tomorrow.” Taeng said as he pushed the Jung to Taeyeon’s bedroom. The Kims retired to their own place while Yoona and Sooyoung stayed in the living room.

“You know that it won’t matter whether or not they show up to school tomorrow. That person will still jump into conclusions. And something will still happen.” Yoona said. Sooyoung nodded.

“You are familiar with the cycle already. That’s right. Things are still bound to happen and in the end, it will be hard for the two… no, the six of them to make the decision.” Sooyoung just sat there quietly.

“Unnie.” Yoona called.

“Hm?”

“I know I’m not supposed to mess with what has happened or what will happen but I need to know.”

“What is it?” Sooyoung asked. Yoona stared at her.

“I need to know who exactly Kwon Yuri is.”

 

Taeng and Jesse were in Taeyeon’s room. Jesse stood still in front of the door while Taeng sat down on the bed. Jesse saw that there was a futon laid out.

“Why is this here?”

“What? Oh, you mean that? Taeyeon decided to leave it there since the Sergeant slept over. You can use that. And there is a change of clothes Taeyeon also lent her.” Jesse stared at it. He looked around Taeyeon’s room and found a picture on the table. It was a picture of Taeyeon’s family consisting of her mom and her grandfather, with a creature that seemed like a bunny.

“Have you met her father?” Jesse asked. Taeng shook his head.

“No. When I came, I never did see her father.” Jesse just kept mum. He sat on the futon on the floor. He slid in and lied down.

“Are you sleeping already?” Taeng asked with a brow raised.

“Good job stating the obvious, you pabo.”

“Hey! I was just asking. No need to be all that.” Jesse didn’t say anything else. Taeng sat on the bed for a bit before laying down on his own. Soon he was sleeping soundly. He didn’t notice someone get up and leave.

Jesse was on his way down the stairs.

“What are you doing?” A voice made him look behind him. It was Yoona, who was carrying a glass of milk.

“Oh, it’s just you.”

“What are you doing?” Yoona just repeated.

“That’s none of your concern.” Jesse said as he made his way to the front door.

“… Have a safe trip. Don’t get caught.” Yoona said. Jesse looked at her weirdly.

“That’s it? You’re not going to stop me?” Jesse asked with a hint of amusement and curiosity. Yoona shrugged and walked away.

“Taeyeon unnie would have said so…” That was all Yoona said, leaving Jesse to scoff.

“Taeng’s master is so trusting. What a naïve human.” He said before exiting through the front door.

 

It was dark, late at night. Jesse was outside the house, unsupervised. He smiled at his freedom. It’s the first time he’s been out in a long while. Jessica usually keeps him in, never letting him out. She was right to do so though. The second she lets Jesse take control, it will be difficult to get that control back. Even though Jesse kept his words at all times, he still has a mind of his own and he will do things if he wants when he wants. He stretched for a couple of seconds before he transformed to his own body.

He looked around and saw nobody. He closed his eyes and he jumped high, landing on the Kim’s roof from the ground. He opened his eyes and they glowed blue. His wings sprouted from his back and spread widely. He flew up with so much force yet it uttered no sound which made a pin dropping more audible.

His silhouette flew up in level with the moon, creating the illusion of almost vanishing. He flew around as he liked, looking around the town where his master was living. He had no idea where to go, but as he passed by a certain area, he was compelled to go down. He settled himself on the top roof of a large house. This was not the only large house in the area. There were two other ones but this one somehow interested him. He went down on the veranda, cautiously looking in the place. It was a bedroom, similar but smaller than Jessica’s. He peered in. He saw a figure on the bed, sleeping.

Jesse looked at the window’s door, checking to see if it was locked. It was, of course. He saw the bed covers move. He quickly flew up.

The window opened, revealing sleepy, curious eyes. Jesse looked down to see the girl looking around, checking to see if someone had been there. Of course, she didn’t look up so she completely missed him. She went back in. He heard the window lock again and he came down to the side, careful to not let his shadow show. The girl was back on the bed. He peered in again. He waited for a few more minutes before unlocking the window. He came in with nimble feet. He approached the girl’s bed. He just stood there, beside the girl’s sleeping form. He knelt down and watched her.

‘I’m not stalking her… I’m just watching.’ He told himself.

However, the girl stirred and opened her eyes. Brown eyes met with ocean blue. Jesse stayed still, hoping that the girl would close her eyes, thinking she was dreaming. But what the girl uttered, he didn’t expect.

“Jessica…” He froze. He saw the girl’s eyes close and soon, her breathing was slow once again, indicating her slumber. He stood up quietly, his wings careful not to brush along anything. He made his way outside, without looking back, and flew away, back to the Kim’s residence.

Beside the girl, he didn’t even notice that he had left one white feather.

 

The next morning, Taeng and Jesse were both dressed in a uniform. Both were adorned in the Shi Dae High School girl’s uniform. Taeng was complaining.

“How can Taeyeon wear this thing every single day?” Taeng exclaimed as he walked around the house, looking at himself. Jesse was sitting down properly. Strangely enough, he sat very… ladylike, almost prim and proper, if it wasn’t for the frown on her face, he would look exactly how Jessica would look every day.

“Stop pacing already! It’s annoying. Not to mention, tiring to watch. Could we just go to school?” Jesse shouted at the thief.

“But how am I supposed to behave like Taeyeon does in this dress?” Taeng asked.

“You dressed yourself up as Master Jessica twice. One was during your heist and the other one was doing a favor for your friend. I don’t see how you’re having this problem now.” Jesse countered. Taeng thought about it for a minute.

“…You have a point there.” Taeng said. He picked up Taeyeon’s bag and checked her stuff.

“She did all her work. Let’s stop by the Sergeant’s house before going straight to school.” Taeng said. The both of them went to the front door.

“Oh! Oppa, bring this with you.” Yoona came with two bags.

“What is this for?” Taeng asked as Yoona handed it to them.

“I made you two some lunch. It’s not as perfect as how Taeyeon unnie does it but I’m confident that you’ll like it.” Yoona said with a smile.

“Thanks, Yoona.” Taeng said as he took one and gave the other one to Jesse.

“I’ll meet you guys here. We’ll go to the museum to transfer once you guys get home.” Sooyoung said, holding a pair of chopsticks on one hand and a bowl of rice on the other.

There was a knock on the door. They all had their attention on the door.

“One… Two…” As Yoona counted, Taeng and Jesse looked at her.

Three…” At three, the door opened and in came a familiar face.

“Hi, Taeyeon. I’ve come to see- Omo! What is Jessica doing here?” Yuri exclaimed as soon as she saw the Jung. From the looks of it, she had no idea of what happened to Taeyeon and Jessica yet.

“Um… Well…” Taeng tried to start, looking at Yoona.

“No…” Yuri started.

“What?” Taeng asked.

“No, you didn’t…”

“What?” Taeng and Jesse asked. Jesse was slightly irritated.

“Are you guys dating now?”

“Mwo?!” Taeng and Jesse both exclaimed simultaneously.

“Oh, look at that. You’re speaking at the same time. And I thought Jessica had a thing for Tiffany.” Yuri exclaimed, once again, acting like a fan girl.

“We’re not. We just had a, um, aha! Sleep over. That’s right. We just had a sleep over.” Taeng quickly said.

“Yeah. Whatever you say.” Yuri said, apparently not believing it. She quickly made her way to Yoona.

“Sweeter morning, Yoong~” She greeted.

“Good morning, Yuri unnie.” Yoona greeted back.

“Seeing you every day makes my day sweeter than yesterday.” Yoona blushed at Yuri’s cheesy choice of words. Taeng hit his forehead with his hand while Jesse just cringed in disgust and at the cheesiness.

“I’m going ahead. I’ll see you guys at school.” Jesse said as he exited the house.

“Wait! I’ll come with you.” Taeng said as he followed Jesse out.

“What’s up with those two?” Yuri asked Yoona.

“It’s kind of complicated, unnie.”

“Oh, well, you can tell me about it when I visit later, okay, Yoong?” Yuri said. Yoona smiled and nodded.

“See you later.”

“See you later, unnie.” Yoona said as she watched Yuri go out, probably to follow the other two. Yoona closed the door. When she turned, she met Sooyoung’s eyes.

“What?” She asked. Sooyoung shook her head and continued eating, leaving silence to engulf the morning.

 

In Shi Dae High School

The two arrived in a familiar car. Everyone in school stopped to look. Jesse came out first. In a very Jung-like and elegant manner, he assumed his role as Jessica. Jessica’s admirers swooned at their princess’s arrival. When the other door opened, it revealed Taeng, portraying as Taeyeon. In a very prim and proper manner, he made some of the students actually look at her, especially the owner of familiar soft brown eyes.

Some of the students started whispering, wondering why the Jung came to school with the Kim. They didn’t seem to interact as much in school.

Taeng managed to trip. Unexpectedly, with a fluid motion, Jesse caught him.

“Are you okay?” He said in the normal Jung tone. He just nodded. However, the other students thought otherwise.

“Kyaa~ Are they dating?” The whispers were followed with squeals and groans as if the rumors were true already. The two, not even paying attention to their surroundings, made their way to class together. The same brown eyes looked at them. Her eyes were filled confusion, with a hint of incredulousness. Another girl came to her side.

“Sunny! Good morning~” A loud voice greeted her. Sunny looked at the owner of the voice.

“Oh, Tiffany. Good morning.” Sunny replied, and then her eyes went back to their target.

“What did I miss? Why is everyone seems so excited about something?” Tiffany asked after making an observation around.

“Taeyeon and Jessica…”

“Yes?”

“They’re dating.” Her irritated voice whispered.

 

A/N: Waa~ there are so many things in this chapter no? What do you guys think?

Oh, guys. If it’s not too much trouble, I want you guys to help improve my writing. If you guys spot some things that aren’t correct or anything, then please do tell me about it. Grammar and typographical error corrections should be helpful as well. And questions about the story, if anything is not very well portrayed, please ask me to elaborate on it once more.

Thank you for the new subscribers. There are 69 now! I’m so delighted. Thank you guys again for being here. The comments you leave are also much appreciated.

I posted the foreword for the RSoF sequel. It’s called Dreams of A Red Snow. I won’t start it until April. Please look forward to it.

Thank you guys once again. See you guys again. ^-^v