Stage 14: Room of Memories

DP: KT Angel

“Master Jessica?” Jesse called out. He was in Jessica’s Room of Memories. It was a massive hall presenting designs likened to that of a royal palace. The ceiling was high up and the walls were big. There was so much light in the area. Jesse was walking around. He was adorned in his trademark white attire, which composed of a long white robe with golden lining, accompanied by a black belt with gold buckles paired with white pants and white shoes. His blue eyes scanned the area.

“Master Jessica?” Jesse called out again. No answer. He was about to call again when the place started wavering in his vision. He looked at the slightly deforming place before it shined really bright. Being used to the light, he didn’t even need to cover his eyes rather only squinted a bit. The next thing he saw was a garden outside the Jung mansion.

“This is…” Jesse whispered.

“Jess!” Jesse turned at the call and sees a man around his twenties adorned with a smile. The man walked pass Jesse. He followed and his eyes saw a young six year old girl, sitting on the mansion’s patio.

“Jess. How’s my little girl?” The man asked the sitting girl, placing a hand on her shoulder. The girl looked up at her father. Jesse noticed that young Jessica seems to have that same aloof look she gives her father even now.

“Appa, you’re home today.” Young Jessica greeted her father.

“Aren’t you happy that I’m home today, Jess? I’m free for a whole day. Do you want to go somewhere with Appa?” Mr. Jung showed his daughter a pout. However, it doesn’t seem to affect the young Jung.

“I’m still studying, Appa.” Young Jessica was frowning. This was the first expression Jesse saw from his master ever since he arrived.

“Are you sure you don’t want to spend time with me today?” Mr. Jung had a sad look on his face. Young Jessica looked at her dad.

“I want to spend time with Appa today.” Young Jessica said. Mr. Jung smiled as he placed a hand on her head. The young girl made a sad expression. Mr. Jung sighed.

“But you have to study right?” The girl nodded sadly. Mr. Jung paused for a bit.

“Tell you what, let’s stay home today. Next weekend, I’ll clear my schedule and we’ll plan something out okay?” Jesse saw a smile grace upon the Young Jessica. Mr. Jung kissed his daughter’s forehead.

“Well, I’m going in to prepare some snack. Do you want anything?”

“I want anything that Appa cooks. Appa is the best.” The young girl smiled widely. A smile unconsciously made its way to Jesse’s face but he caught it. He continued listening.

“That’s sweet of you, Little Jess. Call me if you need anything. I’ll just be inside. Open the doors and I’m there in the kitchen, okay?” Mr. Jung stood up and went inside as his daughter turned back to her work. There was silence.

Beep! Beep! Beep!

Young Jessica turned off the beeper and closed the book she was studying. She was sitting back, seemingly waiting for someone. There was silence until she spoke.

“Yoona, Yuri, Sooyoung, why are you guys hiding?” Young Jessica’s voice echoed in the backyard. No sooner, Jesse saw the three young girls emerge from different areas of the garden. Yuri walked from behind a tree while Yoona landed down from the same tree. Sooyoung appeared from the corner of the place.

“Little Jung, how’s the studying going?”

“Master Jessica, you seem happy today.”

 “It’s okay. Appa is home today.” Young Jessica replied with a smile. Yuri came near the Jung.

“Didn’t he ask you to come out with him? Why not go?” Yuri asked, trying to convince the young girl.

“I’m still studying.” Jesse knew why his master insisted on studying. He gave a look toward the kitchen where Mr. Jung was.

“How about your training?” Yuri asked, making Jesse return his attention to the conversation at hand.

“Ah.” That was all Young Jessica could say when they heard some pans crashing. They all turned their attention, even Jesse. They hurried inside and they were met with a messy kitchen, full of pots and pans with utensils everywhere. Mr. Jung was sitting down with a red mark on his forehead. Young Jessica made her way to her father’s side.

“I forgot to remove the training mechanisms.” Sooyoung laughed nervously. Mr. Jung could only chuckle at that.

“I should really be home often. Don’t worry, Little Jess. Appa is going to be home often, okay?” Mr. Jung reassured his daughter.

“Now, go on. I’ll clean up here.” Mr. Jung said after showing his daughter that he is not hurt.

“I’ll help.” Yoona volunteered.

“Me too. It’s partly my fault.” Sooyoung said as well.

“Thank you. Yuri, will you accompany Jessica outside?” Yuri nodded as she guided Young Jessica out. They sat together on the patio. Yuri watched as she opened her books once again and started studying.

“Jessica…” Yuri called out. Young Jessica looked to Yuri questioningly, waiting for her to continue.

“I’m leaving.” Young Jessica’s eyes widened at Yuri’s words. She shut her book right away, her attention fully on Yuri.

“Why?” Yuri smiled, expecting that the Jung would get worried.

“You know that there will be a time that you will have to continue what the Jungs before you did. You will have to assume your role as part of this family.” Young Jessica listened intently. She didn’t understand what her destiny has to do with Yuri leaving.

“I’m a complete artifact. An immortal. I will always see the Jung bloodline struggle with Kim bloodline. I’m tired of it. Being the Controller of Time, while Sooyoung is the Controller of Worlds, I am tired of seeing every single heir of the Jungs die at a young age when they could live a better life like the Kims.”

“But I will die anyway. What is the difference with leaving this world early?” Young Jessica said. Jesse had a stoic look on his face as he heard his master’s words.

“You’re not wrong. But I’ll answer that question in the afternoon.” Yuri winked. “I can help change the destiny of the Jungs and I need to leave to do so but my part is very small. Everything else is up to you. And I want you to remember me no matter what. Don’t forget me but make it look like you don’t know me because I won’t remember you or anyone when I do leave. As an artifact, my memories will slip if I am away from a Jung.”

“What about Yoona?”

“I’m not supposed to tell you anything from the future but know that I want you to take care of Yoona. She has my memories. Once they slip away, they will go to her. Even if she is an incomplete now, she is still the Beholder of Return. I have the power alone to make her complete but I can’t do that now. It’s still not the right time.”

“But won’t she forget who you are as well if you leave? You’re her other half.” Jesse marveled at his master. He didn’t expect for her to have such way of thinking at a young age. Of course, he didn’t manifest in her until she was in her teens.

“She will. I will as well. That is the price I am willing to pay to end all of this. But it won’t work without you. And the Kim as well.” Young Jessica nodded in understanding and Yuri ruffled her hair. She swatted the hand away.

“When are you leaving?” She asked.

“In a while. Don’t worry. We will meet again.” Young Jessica hugged Yuri. Just then, Yoona went out.

“Master Jessica, come inside so we can have some snacks. Your Appa made some tuna sandwiches.” Young Jessica nodded at Yoona. When Yuri stood up to go in as well, Young Jessica opened her arms. Yuri looked at her.

“Yuri.” Young Jessica called again and waved her arms, still opened wide. Yuri chuckled.

“Come on.” Yuri said as she carried the Young Jung on her back. Yoona was pouting when she saw this. Yuri and Young Jessica laughed at the cute artifact. They walked in with the pouting Yoona still following them.

Jesse was still watching. There were so many things that he didn’t know about Jessica. When he came to Jessica, the girl had already learned how to block him off her mind and she was able to control him. The scene changes once again. This time, he was in a playground.

 

“So what do we do exactly?” Taeng asked Sooyoung as they walked around the halls. Nothing has happened since they arrived.

“The hall can take us anywhere. Right now, Jesse could probably see what Jessica forgot. So, we should be able to see Taeyeon’s right… now.” As if on cue, the hall began to waver in their visions and they were now in front of a familiar house.

“This is Taeyeon’s house.” Taeng said. Sooyoung nodded. There was silence. Taeng was supposed to say something when the door opened. There was a young man coming out with some bags.

“Who is that guy?” Taeng asked. Just then, out came a familiar figure.

“Appa! Where are you going?” Taeng’s eyes found a small kid coming out of the house. He returned his look back to the man.

“That’s Taeyeon’s…”

“Appa?” Young Taeyeon’s voice was soft. A young woman came out behind her daughter.

“Jungho…” The woman called to the man.

“I’ll be going now, Hye In.” Jungho didn’t look at his daughter or at his wife. He walked ahead. Young Taeyeon was about to follow him when she was stopped by her mother. Taeng saw the Young Taeyeon look at her mother who only shook her head. She only looked at her father’s back until he disappeared from her sight. Her mother ushered her to come in.

“What is this?” Taeng asked Sooyoung.

“This is one of Taeyeon’s forgotten memories.”

“I didn’t know about this… She never did have a picture of her dad. Jesse asked that yesterday night.” They waited for a while and the room made it convenient for them. It was night and they saw Young Taeyeon come it of the house.

“Where is she going now?” Taeng asked.

“Well, let’s follow her.” They saw how the young Kim made her way silently and undetected. The young girl ran fast and Taeng and Sooyoung couldn’t help but wonder how was it that a young girl like her can ran so fast. She finally stopped at a playground. Taeng and Sooyoung watched from behind a tree.

Young Taeyeon started weeping. Each second that passed only broke Taeng’s heart and they felt like hours of crying. Taeng was about to go to the Young Taeyeon when Sooyoung stopped her.

“Stop. She won’t be able to see you either way.”

“But…” Sooyoung shook her head at Taeng. “Look.” But she motioned for him to look.

Taeng saw someone coming. Another child was running towards the park. As the kid came closer, Taeng recognized her. He looked at Sooyoung and she only nodded at him.

“Oh, why are you crying?” The kid asked. Young Taeyeon stopped crying momentarily.

“My Appa went away but he hasn’t come back. I’m worried that something bad happened to him.”

“Hm… I’m not sure where he is but I’m sure he’ll come back.” The kid said comfortingly. When Young Taeyeon didn’t seem to stop being sad, the kid tried to think of something.

“Ah, wait for a bit. I will be back.” The kid said before running away from Young Taeyeon. Young Taeyeon looked at the kid and watched her leaving. She began to weep again.

“Everyone is leaving…” Taeng heard her trembling voice whisper. No sooner, the kid was back.

“Smile for me.” The kid said as she returned with a camera. Young Taeyeon looked at her questioningly.

“I have a camera. You always have to smile in front of a camera. So smile.” Young Taeyeon still seemed confused so the kid made her way behind Taeyeon and placed the camera in front of them.

“Here’s a camera. Say ‘kimchi’.” The camera snapped with the two smiling. Taeng and Sooyoung smiled at the scene.

“I had forgotten about this.” A voice was suddenly heard. Taeng and Sooyoung turned to see Taeyeon was watching the scene with them.

“T-T-Taeyeon?” Taeng was shocked to see Taeyeon beside them.

“How long have you been here?”

“Since yesterday. I have been watching this ever since I got here.”

“Then, you remember about your…”

“My Appa?” Taeyeon asked. “Kind of. I don’t remember much.”

“Does it still hurt?” Taeyeon looked at Taeng.

“Well, it doesn’t stop hurting. I would worry if it did. But every time I am brought back here in this very memory, I can forget it.” Taeyeon smiles before they are transported back to the hall.

“Taeng…” Taeyeon called.

“Yeah?”

“Thanks for coming for me.” Taeng gave Taeyeon a smile.

“You are a part of me. I am a part of you. I’ll always be with you.” Taeng said as he brought Taeyeon close to him.

“Ya! Don’t do that.” Taeyeon said smiling as she tried to break from Taeng’s hold.

“No way! I won’t be able to do this once we get back to the other world.” He ruffled Taeyeon’s hair while still keeping her close. They shared a laugh. Once they had their fun, Taeyeon and Taeng faced each other.

“Are you ready?”

“Yup.”

“I’ll see you guys okay?” Sooyoung said before vanishing. Taeng and Taeyeon both closed their eyes and they were covered in bright light combined of both black and red.

Taeyeon opened her eyes and she saw Sooyoung smiling down on her.

“Oh, you’re awake.” Sooyoung said as she helped Taeyeon sit up.

“We’re back, Taeyeon.” Taeyeon smiled when she heard Taeng’s voice in her head.

“We’re back alright.” She said smiling. She looked around and saw Jessica, still unconscious.

 

Jesse walked around the park. He had never been here before. He looked around.

“Where is this? Master Jessica?” He called again. No answer but he did here a crying sound. He followed the trail of the sound to see a group of big kids huddled together. He looked closer and he saw a small girl crying. From what he can deduce, she was being picked on by the older kids. He didn’t move. Soon, he saw Young Jessica coming closer to the huddle.

“Hey, leave her alone.” The big kids looked at the young Jung.

“Oh, Jung! What do you want?” One of the kids greeted the Jung.

“I said leave her alone.” The young Jung said again.

“He! Even if you are the daughter of the Captain, don’t get in our way.” The same kid answered, returning their attention to the young girl, ignoring Young Jessica. Not liking that she was ignored, she pushed everyone out of the huddle and got to the girl.

“Ya! Stop getting in the way.” One of the other kids said, pushing the young Jung away. Young Jessica fell down on the ground. But she quickly got back up.

“Leave her alone.” She glared at the kids. The kids cringed but tried to remain their ground. Just as they were about to close in on the Jung and the young girl, a police officer came in.

“Ya! What are you kids doing?” The officer shouted at them.

“Let’s go!” The kids dispersed, leaving the two young girls. The policeman came by.

“Senior Police Officer Jung, are you alright?” The policeman asked the Young Jung. The Young Jung nodded.

“Thank you for your help, Officer Park.”

“It’s my pleasure, Senior Jung. Do you need help?”

“No, I’ll help her home. Thank you.”

“Always, Senior.” The policeman waited for them to get on their feet before he went away. The young girl looked at Jessica.

“Thank you.” She said, extending her hand with a white handkerchief.

“I don’t need it.” Young Jessica shrugged the gesture off. The young girl pouted.

“Come on, let me?” The young girl made a face. Young Jessica looked at her before shaking her head.

“No.” The girl pouted even more.

“Fine. But one day, I’m going to return the favor and you won’t have any option but to accept it.” The girl kept her handkerchief. She was about to leave when she felt pain in her leg. She sat back on the ground. Young Jessica looked at her.

“Can you walk?” The young girl didn’t answer but Young Jessica knew what to do. She turned her back to the young girl.

“What?” The young girl asked, confused with the Jung’s gesture.

“Come on.” Young Jessica said and the young girl did as she was told. She was now on the young Jung’s back.

“I’ll take you home.” The Jung stood up and carried the young girl. There was silence at first, until the young girl gasped.

“What’s wrong?” Young Jessica asked.

“You’re an angel…” Young Jessica looked at her back and there were small white wings. The young girl touched them gently. Young Jessica didn’t say anything. Jesse was watching the whole scene.

“That girl…” Jesse whispered. Then what happened next shocked him. The Young Jung was looking at him straight in the eyes.

“How-” That was all he could say when he was suddenly blown out by a large force. He felt himself land on his back and a weight was over him. He opened his eyes to see the face of his master, behind her was the high ceiling of the hall.

“…” Jessica didn’t say anything but she was glaring at Jesse. Jesse smirked. He raised his right to hold Jessica’s left hand, which was on his shoulder, and his left hand caressed her right cheek.

“Master Jessica.” Jessica didn’t answer or move.

“Stay away.” Jessica finally said. Jesse slowly sat up, inching closer to Jessica.

“I am a part of you. You are a part of me. I will always be with you.” Jesse said before vanishing after the two of them were wrapped up in a bright blue light.

 

“Jessica.” Taeyeon called Jessica, who opened her eyes. She stood up and balanced herself.

“Let’s go home. We’re done for today.” Jessica said as she helped Taeyeon stand up. Sooyoung just stood where she was, not moving.

“Why are you staying here?” Jessica asked.

“Last time, you said that I have to remain sealed so I’m staying here.” Sooyoung replied. Jessica shook her head.

“No, you’re coming home with Taeyeon.”

“Me?”

“Yeah.” Sooyoung followed the two happily. When they got to Taeyeon’s home, Jessica bid them good night.

“There’s no other person I can think of that can take care of her. So have fun, Taeyeon.” Jessica said.

“I’ll do my best.” Jessica left with a smirk. Sooyoung and Taeyeon just smiled at each other.

 

Sunny was at home, looking at the picture on her desk.

Knock! Knock!

“Soonkyu?” Sunny turned to see her father.

“Oh, Appa? What can I do for you?” Sunny asked.

“It’s nothing. I was just worried since you looked really upset when you came home. Are you okay now?” He asked.

“Ne. I feel a bit better. Appa, what is this picture?” Sunny asked her father, showing him the picture.

“Don’t you remember that? You used my camera to take that picture. I almost got in trouble with work since the camera contained crime scene photos and there was a picture of two young girls. Hahaha.” Inspector Lee chuckled at the memory. Sunny continued looking at the photo even after her father left.

Meanwhile, Tiffany was lying down on her bed. She just woke up from a dream. It was a dream from when she was young. Her eyes went to the white feather on her desk. She was torn on whether she gets up or not. In the end, she just turned to her side, facing the other direction.

“Jessica…” She whispered in her sleep.

 

A/N: Sorry I was late with the update. I played Rune Factory 3 the whole Saturday and I was a little bit on the edge yesterday. I’m starting on DoRS now. I’ll post it today after I finish it. How was this chapter?

Thank you guys for commenting and reading. I appreciate them very much. For the new subscribers, thank you for subscribing as well and I hope you guys do stick around. Oh, I also got an upvote. Thank you, VLdandyu07. I hope I don’t disappoint you.

I’ll be updating all week since I am one who doesn’t go out much on breaks. But I will still update if I want to. Hehe.

Oh, almost forgot. April Fool's Day. Although I won't play a prank on you guys, I will stil greet you all.

Okay, see you guys around. ^-^v