Stage 13: Into a Tamer’s World

DP: KT Angel

“They’re dating.” Her irritated voice whispered. Tiffany froze as those words left Sunny’s mouth. She watched as the girl just carried her bag over her shoulder and carried an indifferent face on her way to class. Tiffany just shook her head.

“There’s no way… right?” She, herself, sounded unsure before following Sunny to class.

 

Taeng and Jesse took their seats when they got in the classroom. Taeng started studying Taeyeon’s schedule so he would know what lessons he has to get ready for. The first class was Math. He groaned. He wasn’t that fond of Math but he would often see Taeyeon breezing through her homework. He took out Taeyeon’s work. It was a good thing that it was complete. It means less trouble. He smiled to himself.

Jesse, on the other hand, was just sitting there. He brought Jessica’s computer just in case. Jessica always brought her laptop since she always had to work. He turned the computer on and looked in the files. He saw that there was some homework that was already done. The projects were also ready and to be printed. He checked the history. It looks like the last one she was looking at was the Jung Art inventory. He realized that it was probably the reason she went to the Kim last night.

They didn’t notice their peers watching them. Some of them were marveling at how the Jung looks so cool while working. Others were whispering about Taeyeon and Jessica’s possible relationship. But all that halted when everyone felt an unusually large drop in temperature when two other students came in.

“Morning, Sunny, Tiffany.” Yuri greeted the two, oblivious of the ominous aura radiating from one of them.

“Morning, Yuri.” Tiffany greeted back. Sunny just walked to her desk and took her seat silently. She took out her stuff and got ready, not saying anything at all. Yuri was confused.

“Why is she so angry?” She asked Tiffany. Before the girl could answer, she noticed that Sunny gave a very stern look at Taeyeon and Jessica. Yuri flinched, not used to seeing Sunny that way.

“Ever since I arrived, she was like this. The only thing she said is that Taeyeon and Jessica are dating…”

“Oh, it’s spreading already?” Yuri asked but noticed that Tiffany was looking at the two. Unlike Sunny, it was more of sadly than sternly. She thought about it for a bit before she realized it.

“Oh… I’m sorry.” Yuri apologized. Tiffany suddenly looked at her, confused.

“What for?”

“I didn’t know you liked Jessica and Sunny liked Taeyeon. And now, they are dating…”

“What? No, it’s not like that.” Tiffany denied it but Yuri knew about it. When Jessica was cheering Tiffany up in the amusement park, she saw how the two acted around each other. Yuri couldn’t say anything anymore because the teacher came in.

Their math class started. Every student had their own routine. There were some students that were not listening at all, playing around. There were others that were paying attention at the lesson. Some were using their phones.

Taeng and Jesse were listening very intently. Taeng was learning once again. It’s been a while since he went to class. He couldn’t even count the years. They were learning about perfect right triangles and the teacher was teaching them patterns that will help them determine the sides without calculating anything.

Jesse knew this lesson already. When Jessica was young and was learning, he would listen to her study. He still took notes just in case. After all, he would watch Jessica every day and this was how she behaved in class. If he had a bit of free time, he would check the Jung Art Inventory once again, and then turn back to the lesson.

While Taeng wrote on Taeyeon’s notebook, Jesse was typing in the laptop. Tiffany was occasionally listening but there were times that she would look at Jessica and she would not hear what the teacher said. Sunny was more of trying to focus hard on the lesson.

She was gripping her pencil hard that every time she wrote, there would be some lead particles on her paper. And it wasn’t helping since Taeyeon now sat in front of her. She had another stern look again but Taeng was too focused in the lesson that he didn’t even notice.

Jesse knew that Sunny was looking. He smirked to himself.

‘This will be fun.” He thought to himself as he smiled. He also noticed another pair of eyes looking at him. He turned to catch a girl looking at him. The girl noticed that he caught her so she turned back to her notes.

“That girl…”  He thought once again. The teacher came to each of the rows and handed out a stack of paper to pass. Jesse looked at Taeng as he passed the paper, catching Sunny’s stare. He almost laughed to see Taeng look at her, scared.

“All right, class. That’s it for today. Don’t forget to do your homework.” The teacher said before leaving.

Taeng was still a bit frozen when he saw Sunny glare at him. He had never seen Sunny glare before. She frowns at him when they meet but never glare. Sunny stood up from her seat and packed up her stuff to go to their next class, English. Taeng was about to say something when Jesse called him.

“Hey, are you coming? We’ll be late for class.” Jesse said as he waited for Taeng. The rest of the classes were horrific to Taeng. With Sunny’s glares and silent treatments, acting as if he wasn’t there and not answering any of his questions, it was getting scarier at each passing moment. Sure, usually one will get angry at someone for how Sunny has been treating Taeng but Taeng wasn’t angry. Rather, he was wondering what he could have done for the girl to suddenly be cold to Taeyeon. In his knowledge, Sunny could never hate Taeyeon.

Jesse was just rejoicing at Taeng’s predicament. It was funny to see. The jealous one and the oblivious one was very interesting to watch. But he was more entertained with a certain girl. He was thankful that it was only in Math that she sat behind him. For the rest of their classes, the girl sat in front of him or around him. And he noticed how the girl would freeze when he would catch her again. Soon, it was lunch.

“Haa… I’m tired. How does Taeyeon do this every day?” He whispered to himself, almost tempted to ask Jesse, who was beside him.

“She’s a student. It’s natural for her. Do you want to eat now?” Taeng nodded and Jesse brought their lunches out. They decided to eat outside. There was a tree at the school’s courtyard. They sat under the shade. Taeng started eating quickly. His energy had been depleted because it’s been a while since he studied.

“Ya, slow down or you’ll choke.” Jesse said before handing Taeng a water bottle. Taeng accepted it thankfully and drank some.

“Wow~ the food Yoona made is really good.” Taeng said, happy of the good food.

“Are you sure? Mine tastes too salty.” Jesse said, eating some.

“What? Let me taste…” Taeng took a bite and shook his head.

“It’s alright. It’s not salty.” Jesse did eat it nonetheless. They finished quite a while so they just sat back near the tree. That is, until Taeng saw Sunny walking towards the building.

“Oh! It’s Sunny. I’ll be right back.” Taeng said as he got up and left. Jesse just sat there. Nothing to do, he leaned on the tree trunk and closed his eyes, her arms crossed. He heard footsteps come near him. He didn’t open his eyes but he knew who it was.

 

“Sunny!” Sunny stopped at the call of her name but didn’t turn. She was still upset.

“Sunny~” Taeng called again.

“What do you want, Taeyeon?” She said, rather coldly. Taeng cold literally feel a snow storm blowing at him at that very moment.

“Why are you so cold today? You’re not like this.” Taeng said, trying to find out why Sunny is mad at him, er, Taeyeon.

“Oh, it’s just one of those days…” Sunny said nonchalantly. She tried walking off but Taeng keeps following.

“Seriously, what did I do?” Taeng asked.

“Are you seriously asking me that? Aish…” Sunny said before leaving Taeng alone.

“What did I do now?” Taeng asked himself as he rubbed his temples.

“Taeyeon!” Taeng turned to see Yuri.

“Oh, Yuri. What’s going on? Sunny is mad at me and I have no idea why she’s angry.” Taeng asked Yuri, hoping for an answer.

“You don’t know?” Yuri asked incredulously.

“I didn’t know you were this dense, Taeyeon. Hahaha!” Yuri laughed.

“What do you mean?”

“Why do you think she’s angry?”

“I don’t know. Tiffany wasn’t like this today. She seems normal to me.” At this sudden change of topic, Yuri turned her head at a certain direction.

“What’s wrong?” Taeng asked. Yuri turned to her before turning back to that direction.

“Why don’t you go and ask Sunny? I’ll be back.” Yuri said as she left Taeng.

“Uh… Okay.” Taeng went to the direction he last saw Sunny.

 

“Jessica!” Yuri called out. She saw Tiffany was leaning on the trunk of the tree, Jessica’s hands preventing the girl from escaping. Tiffany turned to see Yuri and Jessica turned as well. Seeing as Jessica was distracted by Yuri’s appearance, Tiffany quickly ducked down to escape Jessica and walked really fast, away from the Jung. Her face was flushed. Yuri saw that Jessica was smirking.

“What did you do?” She asked the Jung.

“I didn’t do anything, Ms. Spy.” Yuri froze at the way she was addressed.

“What are you talking about?” Yuri asked innocently. Jesse only gave her a knowing look.

“Deny it if you want. I’m the only one who knows right now. Well, except for Sooyoung, probably.” Jesse said, making his way towards Yuri.

“See you in class.” He said before walking past her.

 

The rest of their classes ended rather the same. Sunny was still giving Taeng the silent treatment with the occasional glares. The only odd part was that Tiffany was no longer looking at the Jung, rather she was trying to avoid her any chance she gets. For their last two periods, she would quickly go to their next class and bury herself in notes just so she wouldn’t have to talk to Jessica. Yuri was now worried as she stared at Jessica.

Ring! Ding! Dong!

“And that’s it for today, class. Have a nice day.” Their teacher said as the students started packing.

Taeng was packing his stuff immediately so he would catch Sunny before she goes home. Jesse was already packed up, although he didn’t pursue Tiffany as the girl hastily went outside to wait for Sunny. Yuri was also packed up, waiting for Taeyeon and Jessica. When Taeng and Jesse were packed up, they made a motion to go to the door.

When they got to the ground floor, there was someone who was waiting for them.

“Op- Unnie!” Yoona was there.

“Oh, Yoona, what are you doing here?” Taeng asked, making her way to the girl.

“I wanted to come and pick you up. We have to go now. The sooner you two do it, the faster we can get them back.” Yoona said, hugging Taeng and pulling the other two on their way home. Sunny looked at them again and she scoffed. Tiffany came just then.

“Oh? Isn’t that...” Tiffany started but Sunny wasn’t listening. She went on her own way home while Tiffany thought about it silently. The two were walking silently, both were pondering. They separated when Sunny was at her house. Tiffany walked ahead for a while before reaching her own house.

She went in the house and up the stairs, saying that she’ll be down soon to her parents. She dropped her bag carefully on the floor and looked around her room. She sighed before making her way to her desk. She opened a drawer and took out her notebook. Something caught her eyes. Before closing the compartment, she took out a white feather. She held it up, looking at it. A face flashed in her mind. She closed her eyes and placed the feather down but not letting go of it.

 

Sunny was laying down on her back on top of her bed. She was staring at the ceiling for a while now, occasionally turning to her side and the opposite side and back again on her back.

“…” She wasn’t saying anything but only one thing was bothering her.

“Tae…” She whispered as she closed her eyes. She frowned and opened her eyes.

“Agh! Why am I so worked up over this?” She asked herself, turning to her side.

“She has every right to date anyone she likes. Why am I so angry about this?” She asked herself once again, hoping to be given an answer. She sat up and hugged her pillow.

“Why am I so angry? I even treated her badly at school today…” She buried her face in the pillow, peeking up once in a while. Her eyes reached her desk, seeing a picture on it. She furrowed her brow and stood up.

“Since when did I have this picture?” She asked, looking at a photo in a picture frame.

 

Kim Residence

“Okay, everyone better explain everything to me right now. What is going on?” Yuri demanded. Yoona and Taeng had their heads down while Jesse was looking at another direction. Sooyoung was sitting in the dining room, holding a bowl of cereal.

“I get why Sunny is mad at you. That’s understandable. But you…” She trailed off, referring to the girl staring at a blank space.

“Why is Tiffany avoiding you? What exactly did you do?” Jesse looked at her and she saw a glint of blue on his brown eyes. Yuri gasps at this and she looks at Taeng.

“Taeyeon, look at me.” Taeng looked up and Yuri was able to catch a tint of red.

“You two… aren’t yourselves?”

“Something happened yesterday that I rather not let you know. But we will fix it tonight.”

“Wait a minute. If Taeyeon isn’t herself, then who are you two?” Yuri was really confused now.

“Like I said, it doesn’t matt-”

“Taeng, you better tell her. She knows more than she shows.”

“Ya! No one is supposed to know so-”

“Taeng? As in the phantom thief Taeng? What?” Taeng hit his face with his palm.

“Stop lying, Kwon. Why don’t you tell us what you know? You have been carrying this act for too long.” Yuri froze at Jesse’s words.

“I don-”

“Still want to keep it up, don’t you? Alright then. I’ll fight the confession out of you.” Jesse said before charging at Yuri. Yuri was about to counter the attack when Yoona came in between them.

“Oppa.” Yoona said, facing Jesse headstrong. Jesse smirked.

“Don’t think that you can defeat me. I can kill you now if I want to.”

“Ya, guys. Calm down. Jesse, we had a deal.” Jesse looks at Taeng before taking a seat back. Yoona and Yuri sat together on the couch with Yoona still in front of Yuri. Yuri looked at Yoona but was unnoticed.

“I won’t tell you anymore Yuri. He believes that you know more so I’m taking his word for it. I’ve been with him for a long time. I know how he thinks.” Taeng explained. Yuri just nodded.

“Well, I’m done here. Can we go?” Sooyoung suddenly said. The four in the room looked at her incredulously.

“What? Come on. Let’s go.” They just shook their heads before Taeng and Jesse stood up.

“We will be going now.” The three went out the house, Taeng sparing a glance on Yoona.

“Be careful okay?” He told her.

“I should be telling you that, Oppa.” Yoona said with a smile. Once Taeng left, Yoona just sat there in silence.

“Yoong…” Yuri called out.

“Ne, unnie?” Yoona turned to Yuri.

“Do you think I’m just acting?” She asked. Yoona thought for a minute.

“You might be. You might be not. If you are, you must have a pretty good reason. If not, you are just curious.” Yoona said before smiling at Yuri, bringing a smile to her face as well.

 

SoShi Art Museum

Taeng, Jesse, and Sooyoung were once again in the basement of the art museum.

“Okay. I can only come with one of you. Who wants to go with me?” Sooyoung said gleefully.

“No thanks.” Both said, Taeng, a bit pardoning, and Jesse, just plain cold.

“You guys are so mean. Here I am, offering my services to you to make the journey easier but you two are rejecting me.” Sooyoung feigned tears.

“Stop faking.” Jesse said, irritated. Taeng sighed.

“Soo, you can come with me.” Sooyoung stopped faking at Taeng’s words and smiled.

“Yeah! Taeng, you’re so nice.” She said to Taeng before giving Jesse a merong.

“Why you!”

“Ya! Jesse, don’t! Stop!” Taeng tried making sure Jesse won’t touch Sooyoung. When Jesse finally calmed down, Sooyoung laughed.

“Hehehe. Okay. I’m coming with Taeyeon. We will go in their dimension. I don’t know what it is yet but I will tell you once we get there.” She took out her mirror and throw it up high in the air. It glowed bright and soon, there were in the mirror passage. They saw different doorways surrounded by strange lights. They reach a certain one and they separate.

“Oh, we’re in the Room of Memories.” Sooyoung exclaimed.

“You are in your true form now.” She added. Taeng looked at himself.

“Where is Taeyeon’s body?”

“It’s in the normal world. So it won’t get hurt.”

Taeng looked around.

“Where is Jesse?”

“Oh, he’s in Jessica’s Room of Memories. The Room of Memories is divided into how many humans traveled through the mirror. Since it was Taeyeon and Jessica that traveled, Jesse is now on Jessica’s while we are in Taeyeon’s.”

“Wait! What?” Taeng exclaimed.

On the other room, Jesse stared blankly around.

“It’s the Room of Memories. Master Jessica?” He called out.

 

A/N: Annyeong, guys! Sorry if this was a little short or late. How was this chapter? Did you guys enjoy it?

The next one will have things revealed in the history of our characters, about Taeyeon, Jessica, and maybe Yuri. ^^

Oh, thanks for the upvote from YYjjang. I hope I didn’t disappoint you. And to the new subscribers as well, thank you guys. I hope you all stick around.

Give a round of applause for sunshiner_here for making the story cover for me. Did you guys like it? I know I did. ^^

Next week will be the last week before Spring break. I have a lot of things to do but I’ll try to finish them before Spring break starts so I can update often. Okay, see you guys around. ^-^v