Stage 11: Accidentally Gotten Out of Control

DP: KT Angel

“Who is the artifact?” Taeyeon asked as she followed the Jung.

She is known as the Controller of Worlds.” Jessica said.

“Wait. Where are we going?” Taeyeon asked, but still followed the Jung.

“To the SoShi Art Museum.”

 

The sun was ready to set by this time. It created orange streaks that stretched across the skies. Not many people were outside at this time. Other than it will soon get dark, it was a school night. Most of the students were in their houses, doing their homework. Some of them are watching shows on the television. There were two students in particular that were doing both. One of them was studying, while was watching, well, outside the window.

There was a sigh. The one doing their homework stopped momentarily before continuing again.

Another sigh. Once again, the person stopped and looked at the other. Reluctantly going back to work, she gave one last look.

Another sigh. This time, she sighed.

“Sunny, is there anything wrong?” Tiffany asked, looking at her friend after setting her pencil down.

“It’s just… nothing. I was just thinking.” Sunny said as she stood up to go get something. Tiffany knew something was up.

“So… is it Taeng?” Tiffany asked. Her theory was confirmed when Sunny slipped on a pillow that appeared out of nowhere.

“No, it’s not him!” Sunny quickly said after kicking the poor pillow. Tiffany just laughed. But she realized something. Her sudden change in attitude made Sunny a bit curious.

“What’s wrong, Tiffany?” Tiffany just looked at her before smiling and shaking her head.

“It’s nothing. Don’t worry about it.” Sunny didn’t delve in the topic any further. Tiffany thought things through to herself.

‘I have to ask Taeyeon about this… but not yet.’ Just then, she heard Sunny exclaim.

“It’s those two again.” Tiffany stood up to look at where Sunny was looking at. There she saw down the street were Taeyeon and Jessica in a hurry.

“This is the second time they are together…”

“Second?”

“Yeah. I saw them a few weeks ago. Come to think of it, that was the Saturday you came back.”

‘Could it really be Jessica that I saw? But why would she lie to me?’ Tiffany had to ask but the one she needed the answer from didn’t even give her the answer she wanted.

“Maybe they are just racing.” Tiffany said before she went back to work. Sunny just looked out the window, watching the two figures leave.

 

Taeyeon and Jessica were now in front of the SoShi Art Museum. Access was easy since it was Jessica, Sergeant of the Law Enforcement team. She just said that she was going to bring a friend to look around. No one suspected a thing. They were at the main hall.

“So, where do we go?”

“We can’t go anywhere yet. We should wait until its closing time. There are too many people that could see.” Jessica said as she noticed a number of people going around the museum.

“Wait here.” Jessica said to Taeyeon as she went to a guard. Taeyeon just stood there, looking around. Since all that’s been happening, she didn’t really have enough time to go around the museum. In fact, this was her first time in the museum as a civilian. She saw the art pieces, paintings, and the other mediums. She was in awe at the beauty and depth of each painting in the hall. There were still a lot of room to look into but she knows she was here for a reason today. And that was to make sure the artifact doesn’t cause trouble.

“Okay. The guard knows that I’ll be sure to guard the place by closing time. They change shifts for Taeng but I don’t think it’ll be a problem tonight. Please cancel whatever Taeng is planning for this week. I have a bad feeling that we will get in trouble with this one.” Jessica said. They walked up the stairs onto the next top floors. They stopped to sit for a while. They were in a library.

“Well, we can stay here until they close up. They’ll give an announcement. Then we can go to the basement.” Taeyeon nodded. Then, her phone rang.

“Yeoboseyo?” She asked. She saw Jessica go to a shelf and pick up a book.

“Oh! Taeyeon unnie, it’s me, Yoona. I never thought that this matchbox actually works.” Taeyeon smiled. Yoona had not been updated with technology for a long time since she remained asleep. She spent the last couple of weeks learning new things. And one of them was using the phone. She had a little bit of complications but Taeyeon really never gave up at making her use them.

“See? I told you it works. So what’s wrong, Yoona?” Taeyeon asked. She saw Jessica was looking up from her book when Taeyeon voiced out Yoona’s name. Taeyeon gestured the phone to Jessica but she only shook her head.

“Oh, um, I forgot… Oh! That’s right. Unnie, I think I know who the artifact you’re dealing with.”

“Eh? How did you know about that?”

“I was in the room when Jessica unnie came in.” Taeyeon smiled at Yoona’s endearment term for Jessica. She thinks that Yoona doesn’t hate Jessica anymore.

“Oh, right. That’s good news. Here, I’ll get Jessica.” Taeyeon said as she looked up to give Jessica the phone when suddenly the Jung was ten feet away from where she was before.

“Unnie?” Yoona’s voice was heard through the phone.

“Yes?” Taeyeon asked. She was on her way towards Jessica.

“Jessica unnie might still hate me. I did accuse her and well, fought with her. And about Tiffany unnie…” Yoona’s voice was clearly sad at the moment.

“It’s okay, Yoona. Come on. Jessica.” Taeyeon grabbed Jessica’s clothes so she couldn’t try to move to another section. She handed the phone and left immediately, going around looking for some books to read. From time to time, she’ll look back at Jessica. She wasn’t talking as much but she had this look on her face as she talked to Yoona. At the end, Yoona must have said something very amusing. Jessica giggled at it.

“You little squirt.” Taeyeon smiled. ‘They must have known each other for a long time.’

Taeyeon almost laughed out loud at the sound of Yoona’s reply. It sounded a lot like, ‘but unnie, I’m taller than you.’

“Okay. I will look forward in seeing you in class. Study hard okay?” With that, Jessica ended the call. She gave the phone back to Taeyeon.

“You two seem like siblings.” Taeyeon said to the now serious Jung.

“You could say that. But we aren’t.”

 

Later, Evening

Jessica and Taeyeon were now on their way to the basement. They both held flashlights on their hand. They walked down the stairs.

“Hey, how long is this?” Taeyeon asked.

“I don’t know. I can’t remember. I haven’t been here in a while since they made the artifact monitoring database. That’s the site I’ve been looking at and it’s still getting hacked.” Jessica said. “But I still know the way.”

They stopped at a huge wall. Jessica touched one of the blocks. Her hand glow a white blue light and the wall seemed to disappear. It became an opening to a staircase, further downstairs.

“Well, this is the last set of stairs. After this one, we are going to be in a room full of artifacts.” Jessica said.

“Mind you, Taeng. I know you’re listening. This place can only be opened by me. As strong as you are, your powers still have limitations when in a Jung territory.”

“I wasn’t planning on it, Sergeant. Plus, it won’t be fun without a little cat and mouse game.”

“Likewise.” They reached the end of the staircase and there was a door.

“We’re here.” Jessica said as she opened the door. When they came in, there were small fluorescent lights that brightened the room a little. Taeyeon stared at the lights.

“They’re just lights. Glow in the dark ones, to be exact. But it’s specially made to brighten up the room without it being too bright.” Jessica explained as she walked around. Taeyeon followed after her. The room wasn’t very bright so there were still very dark areas.  There were cases on top of each other with labels on them. They all had some electronic system attached to them. It is seemingly the monitor that identifies and checks the status of the artifact. They found Yoona’s case. It seems to have been opened with a blast.
Taeyeon gulped at it. Yoona might have been very angry when she woke up.

“She must have been really angry.” Jessica suddenly said. Taeyeon nodded. They continued looking for any more opened cases.

“Is that it?” Taeyeon pointed to an open case. Its door was open and it had no signs of any forced openings.

“This should be the one.” Jessica said. She inspected the locking system.

“I have to check the passwords again. I knew I changed them already. But for some reason, the hacker was still able to get in.” Taeyeon was just looking around while Jessica was working. Then, they heard a voice.

“Oh! Is that you, little Jung?” Jessica looked up and turned. There was a shadow. It was coming towards them.

“Who’s there?” Taeyeon asked. Jessica placed a hand on her shoulder.

“It’s me alright.” Jessica said. Taeyeon saw the person became more visible. It was a very tall girl and skinny girl. She had short brown hair. She was wearing a black loose hoodie on top of white shirt. The shirt had white black and white laces on the hem and she was wearing jeans. Attached to her waist was a small mirror.

Taeyeon wasn’t expecting this kind of person. She looked like she was from their time period. When she first met Yoona, she was dressed rather like Taeng in his heist.

“It’s been a long time. You’ve grown a lot.” The artifact said as she ruffled Jessica’s hair.

“Ya! Don’t do that.” Jessica said as she swatted the girl’s hand away. She cleared and faced Taeyeon.

“Taeyeon, this is the Controller of Worlds. She can control time and travel from different dimensions and back. She is better known as Choi Sooyoung among the artifacts.” Jessica introduced the girl to Taeyeon.

“Nice to finally meet you Taeyeon.” Sooyoung extended her hand to Taeyeon for a handshake.

“Nice to meet you too.”  Taeyeon shook hands with Sooyoung and concluded their introduction.

“Umm… so why are we here?” Taeyeon just had to ask. This doesn’t seem like an emergency.

“Well, you see…” Sooyoung started.

“She had been awakened. The problem is she can’t co-” Sooyoung suddenly vanished before Jessica could finish. A couple of seconds later, she appeared again with a tired look in her face.

“I can’t control my powers. I need you guys to help me.” Taeyeon nodded but was still confused.

“How can we help?”

“I need you guys to stop me from transporting from different times. It’s exhausting my energy. And it’s not helpful if I’ve just awoken for so long since the last battle.”  Sooyoung said casually.

“Battle?” Taeyeon asked. Sooyoung covered .

“Ya!” Jessica hit her by the arm. Sooyoung just groaned in pain and at her mistake.

“Sorry. I’m not really supposed to be talking about the future.” Sooyoung said as she rubbed the nape of her neck.

“Oh, okay. So how do we start?” Taeyeon quickly changed the topic. She knows that she is curious about what Sooyoung knows but everyone knows you shouldn’t mess with the future.  Sooyoung looked at Jessica.

“You’re going to make me sleep again, aren’t you?” Taeyeon looked at Jessica. Jessica just nodded.

“I don’t think you’re supposed to be awake, not even Yoona. I don’t know who it is that’s lifting up your seals. Someone has been hacking in the database.” Jessica said.

“… Ah.” Sooyoung suddenly thought of an idea.

“Oh! You guys can use this.” Sooyoung said as she brought the small mirror hanging from her waist to the sight of the two. Taeyeon was about to look but Jessica knew about Sooyoung’s power.

“Ya! Watch out. You-” Jessica was too late though. There was a bright flash. When the light died down, Sooyoung looked around to see Taeyeon and Jessica unconscious on the floor. She realized her mistake.

“Ah, I’m such a pabo!” She scolded herself. She had no control of her powers yet. And by making those two look into the mirror, she just sent them off in another time and dimension.

“But why are their bodies still here?” She mused out loud. She went near them and crouched down. She poked Taeyeon’s face. She looked at Jessica. Those two weren’t waking up.

“Oh no! I killed them!” She shouted to herself. The noise woke one of them though,

“Stop shouting, will you? It’s terribly noisy.” That voice was familiar but it came from an unfamiliar source. Sooyoung looked at Taeyeon’s body that seems to be waking up.

“You…” Taeyeon looked at her, then at her body, then at Sooyoung again.

“What am I doing out here? Where’s Taeyeon?” Sooyoung kept looking at Taeyeon in shock.

“Taeyeon is Taeng?!” She exclaimed to herself.

“You pabo, of course she is. Don’t you know that already?” Taeyeon said as she stood up.

“Oh, yeah, right. So you’re Taeng now. But you’re still using Taeyeon’s body. Where is yours?”

“Ya! Choi Sooyoung, what happened to Taeyeon?” Taeng questioned the artifact.

“I don’t know!” Sooyoung quickly answered.

“This is wrong. I have to have Taeyeon in this body. Or else I can’t transform to my body. One body cannot be empty! If I transform, I could lose Taeyeon’s body.” Taeng exclaimed.

At that exclamation, the Jung’s body seems to be waking up as well. Taeng just looked at Sooyoung and the two nodded.

“What? Ahhh!” Jessica was suddenly tied up to a nearby chair. The Jung had just woken up.

“What is the meaning of this?” This prideful voice was not the Jung’s. It was Jesse’s.

“It’s nice to see you again, Jesse.” Taeng said to the tied student.

“Are you the one behind this?” Jesse growled at the thief. Taeng just pointed at the girl who was standing really far from where he was.

“Hi, older Jung…” Sooyoung weakly greeted out of fear.

“You! You’re the one who screwed up, aren’t you?” Jesse shouted at her very loudly.

“Untie me this instant, Taeng! I have to kill her!” Jesse exclaimed as he shook the chair he was tightly tied at. Taeng held the chair down.

“As much as I want to do that, she’s the only one who knows how to bring Taeyeon and the Sergeant back. And I intend on bringing the both of them back.”

“Why bother? We’re going to separate with them at the end anyway. At one point, only one of us will exist.” Jesse said.

“Well, it’s not time yet! So I suggest that you help me or I’ll make sure that you won’t have a choice but to be sealed again.” Taeng threatened. Jesse just laughed.

“You really think you can do that. I am stronger than you right now. All you care is that stupid human of yours.  If it wasn’t for my need of my Master Jessica’s body, I wouldn’t even need her to begin with. And now she’s out of the picture, this body is mine.” Jesse finished and he closed his eyes. He glowed white blue lights, signaling his transformation. No sooner, there was a blonde young man on the chair with blue eyes.

“Last time, I let Master Jessica use my body.” Jesse said as he freed himself of the restraints and shaking the dust of his clothes.

“What?” Taeng asked, now in combat mode.

“Don’t get me wrong. It wasn’t willingly. That friend of your human was in the way. She gave that Rutile ring to my master and it allowed her to use my body to save her “maiden,” Jesse said with a mocking tone, every word was filled with disgust, especially the maiden.

“It’s a shame though.  The girl did see her but since my master lied to her, she wasn’t properly thanked.” Jesse said as he stood straight. He went for the door.

“Ya! Where do you think you’re going?”

“Where else? To enjoy this body of mine. Your human is still too weak and you care too much. You will lose her body if you transform. As for me, I’ve known long about the limits of Master Jessica’s body. I can change back and forth.” Jesse said as he opened the door. He looked back at Taeng.

“Will you sacrifice your human’s body in an attempt to get me to help you get her and Master Jessica back? Oh, how I wish to fight you but the choice is still up to you.” Jesse said as he walked out. Taeng stood there for a while, his fist clenched. Sooyoung didn’t know what to do.

“Jesse!” He called and ran out, followed by Sooyoung.

“What?” Jesse asked coldly, still walking his way out the place.

“If I transform, you will help me get them back right?” Taeng asked. This question made Jesse stop at his tracks. He turned.

“You wouldn’t…” He said as he saw Taeng smirk at him. Taeng closed his eyes and he was enveloped with a dark light. Instead of Taeyeon’s body, there stood Taeng’s body. Jesse looked at him with such a serious expression.

“Fine.” Jesse said before being enveloped with another white light. He was using Jessica’s body again. Taeng smiled. He closed his eyes and after a while, black light enveloped him again and Taeyeon’s body was still there.

“How did you manage to?” Jesse asked the thief.

“Taeyeon is still looking after me even if she’s not here.” Taeng just replied. Jesse scoffed.

“You get too attached to that human.” Jesse said before continuing to walk. Taeng and Sooyoung followed.

“So what’s the plan? Where exactly am I going now?” Jesse asked.

“Home.” Taeng said as he held Jesse by his shoulders with a still scared Sooyoung followed behind them.

 

A/N: Hey guys! Today is Taeyeon’s birthday in my location. Have you guys read that poem dedicated to Taeyeon? It was beautiful. If not, I think it’s in soshified. ^^

How’s this chapter? The next chapter will be a surprise. Why do you guys think Taeng told Jessi that they should go home? Where is home exactly? Hehe. ^^ All I can say is that I love what will happen in the next chapter. Look forward for it!

Oh! I think I got an up vote. Thank you very much, JeTiLoveJeNy! And thank you guys for the comments. I appreciate them greatly. Oh, and thanks for sticking around guys. Hehe. ^^

I’m very sorry! I am not sure if I can continue Impermanence. I’ll just put it on Complete for a while. I still have a lot of stories to write but I can’t think of what will happen in Impermanence. I’m really sorry guys. Remember, I’m still working on the sequel for Red Snow of Fate. Hopefully, I can start that story by the first week of April. It’s during my Spring break.

Oh, I am feeling a lot better. My blood pressure was just too low. Anyway, thanks again guys. Oh, don't forget to read Feelings, the sequel to Emotions. See you around. ^-^v