Stage 10: The Controller of Worlds

DP: KT Angel

Things had been going on smoothly. The usual has been taking place. For the past few days, Taeng and Jessica were continuing their routine. Taeng steals something and Jessica comes after him. Of course, Taeng couldn’t be caught but Jessica was improving. Such happened in one night.

Taeng had the artifact in his satchel. This time, the piece was called the Musician’s Stradivarius. It was a hand-crafted string instrument, almost like a violin, and what makes it priceless is that it was created two centuries ago by another Jung. Taeng was on the move. He had just tricked another guard. He was on standby when the guard came.

“I got Taeng!” The guard shouted. But as soon as he caught the thief in his grasp, the thief vanished, leaving a feather behind.

“Who did you say you caught?” A voice said. The guard turned and Taeng was on top of the wall. Taeng snickered at them before fleeing.

“Hehe. Those guards are getting dumber every time.” Taeng laughed.

“Don’t say that. If they caught us, we would be the dumb ones right?” Taeyeon contrasted. Taeng thought about it for a bit. He had a blank look on his face.

“You got a point there.” Taeng said as he ran. On his way to a turn on a corner, he sped up. He was almost out of the place. However, as he turned, he met a surprise.

“Got you, again, Taeng.” Jessica now had him in her grasp.

“Like I said, Sergeant, you have to stop with those dialogues. It’s creeping me out.” He said as he let go of the satchel so he could free himself. He slipped from her hold but she tried to hold him by his collar.  Jessica did manage to grab his collar but Taeng was fast enough to tackle the Jung. He slipped down to level with her stomach and he grab hold of her body to push her down. He smirked when she groaned at the impact of the ground on her back. He quickly stood up, grabbed the satchel and bolted for the wall that is impeding his escape. He climbed easily. With a boost up from the ground, he jumped over when he reached the middle.

“Dan!” He called out. Dan came out from the darkness and turned into Taeng’s wings. As he was flying, he was about to raise his fist up to signify his success but he felt restraints on his hands. He looked at them and he noticed handcuffs around his wrists.

“What?!” He exclaimed.

“What’s wrong?” Taeyeon asked. She saw that he had handcuffs around his wrists. She stifled a laugh.

“Oh, don’t you dare laugh.” Taeng said.

“She’s getting better.”

“No, she’s not!”

Look. It’s either you admit that she’s getting better or you’re getting worse.” Once again, Taeng had no comeback.

“Tsk! But this is the third time these past few heist. What exactly did she do during the time she was gone?” Taeng complained once again. He didn’t even notice that he was still in the vicinity.

“Watch out!”  He heard Taeyeon say. He looked up and he panicked. He was going to crash to a window. He covered his mouth so no one would hear his voice. But he did crash.

He landed down on the veranda. He sat up.

“Oww…”

“Are you okay?”

“Yeah. I just hit a window. Good thing this house is big. They can afford a veranda.” Taeng stood up and was about to turn when he heard the window open.

“Who’s there?!” Taeng was facing the other way so he didn’t see the owner of the voice. But he knew the voice. He can recognize it even if he heard it miles away,

“Taeng?” At his name, Taeng turned to find his maiden.

“Good Evening, Sunny.” He flashed a charming smile. Sunny’s face contorted.

“What are you doing here?” She asked him, looking around.

“I was flying by when the window wanted to see my face.” He said with a matter of fact manner. Sunny just rolled her eyes at him.

“Still a narcissist, I see.” She said to him. He faked hurt.

“Since when have I ever been narcissist?”

“Since we met.” Sunny flatly said. She looked around once more before to her wrist watch.

“It’s getting late. Go home or wherever you stay at.” Taeng just gave her a smile, happy that she talked to him. Even just the fact that he was able to crash on her window and seeing her tonight was already bliss to him. He stretched his wings so he could fly home.

“Don’t crash into any more windows.” Taeng turned to see that Sunny was no longer there but he smiled at her message.

“I’ll only crash at your window.” He said before he flied away. On her bed, Sunny heard it and was blushing madly.

“Aish…” She said as she wrapped herself in her blankets, but she had a small smile as she went back to sleep.

 

The next morning, Taeyeon was in class early. Jessica was there as well, typing once again on her computer. She was monitoring the artifacts once again. Taeyeon saw that she was busy so she didn’t want to bother. Jessica somehow felt this so she stopped typing and she turned to Taeyeon.

“Anything you want to say?” She asked. Taeyeon jumped a little but regained her composure.

“I was just wondering if you were worried about Yoona at all.” Jessica stared at her blankly before going back to her work.

“She’s in your care now. I don’t think I should be worried.” She stopped again and looked up. “Should I be worrying then?”

“No. Not at all. She’s practically family already.” Taeyeon said as she shook her head. A couple more silence before Jessica spoke again.

“That Kwon… you have to be careful around her.”

“Yuri? Why? Did she do something?” Taeyeon asked.

“… Nothing. Anyway, the culprit that freed Yoona is still on the loose. And I can’t monitor every single artifact out there. There are more that could wake up and harm you.” Jessica said as she scrolled down the database.

“Hm… Yuri is not bad though. I don’t think she’ll hurt me. We are friends.” Taeyeon said.

“I’m not saying she’s bad. Just be careful. This is a caution for the both of you.” Jessica said as she continued with her work. Taeyeon nodded. She thought about it for a while. Yuri wasn’t very suspicious for the past few days but she has been visiting very often. She was contemplating about it when the door opened.

“Good morning, Taeyeon, Jessica.” Taeyeon looked up to see Yuri coming in the room. Jessica didn’t bother to look or respond at the girl. Taeyeon saw Yuri pout at the Jung.

“Why are you so cold?” She asked to Jung. She got no reply either. She went over to Taeyeon.

“Good morning!” Yuri greeted loudly.

“Good morning, Yuri.” Taeyeon greeted back.

“Hey, can I come over again?” Yuri asked. Taeyeon thought about it for a bit. Indeed, Yuri’s visits had very much become more frequent. And what’s even more suspicious is that she doesn’t do anything in Taeyeon’s house. Other than homework, she just stays there, sitting on one side of their couch.

“Yuri, this has been going on for weeks already. Any reason why you’re going over my house again?” Taeyeon asked.

“It’s just fun to hang out by your house.”

“But you didn’t visit there as often as you did for the last few weeks. The only difference in my house now is Yoo…na…” As soon as those words left Taeyeon’s mouth, she realized it.

“Do you go to my house because Yoona is there?” Taeyeon asked. Yuri didn’t answer but she had this smile on her face. Jessica was listening to the conversation. She turned her head a bit in interest to the correspondence going on.

“Do you, by any chance, have any interest in Yoona?” Taeyeon asked.

“She’s so mysterious, Taeyeon. She is very pretty as well. I want to know her.” That was what Yuri said. But Jessica did not believe any of it. She still kept quiet though. Taeyeon, on the other hand, didn’t know that Yuri was aware that it was Yoona that kidnapped Tiffany before and is magical in a way. She tried to hide the fact that Yoona was magical.

“She’s just like that. She gives off this mysterious aura. Don’t mind it.” The conversation continued as Jessica processed each bit of information that comes off Yuri’s answers and actions. It was like solving a puzzle, but many pieces were still missing. No sooner, Yuri did manage to slip.

“I’ve been waiting for her to come.” Yuri said. It was a whisper but Jessica heard it clearly. She immediately stood up and headed for Yuri. Yuri had a smirk on her face though as she avoided the Jung. Taeyeon was still processing what was happening.

“You!” Jessica said as she tried to trap Yuri. But Yuri kept avoiding her. Some of the desks got moved and this created screeching sounds on the floor. Jessica tried picking up the pace but Yuri was ready. She jumped from the desks lightly; every time she landed there was no sound. Jessica stopped. Yuri was now on top of the teacher’s desk. Taeyeon turned to see that the door had opened.

“What is happening over here?” Sunny and Tiffany came in. Taeyeon let out a sigh. It would be bad if it was a teacher that caught them.

“Don’t worry about it, Sunny, Tiffany. I just irritated Jessica. That’s all.” Yuri didn’t look at the two when she said that though. She didn’t break eye contact with Jessica and Jessica as well. Taeyeon stood up and got in between them.

“Let’s settle this later. It would be bad if we involve more people in this.” She whispered to the two. She turned to Jessica.

“Calm down.” Then she turned to Yuri.

“You have to explain this later.” The two finally broke eye contact. Jessica just sat back in her chair while Yuri got off the teacher’s table and started arranging the desks and the chairs. Tiffany and Sunny walked in. Tiffany went over to Jessica.

“Are you okay?” Jessica didn’t look at Tiffany.

“Yes.” But she did answer. Tiffany felt a bit happy but she was sad that Jessica didn’t say anything else. Then, she remembered something so she asked the Jung.

“Um… Did you happen to see Taeng a few weeks ago? You know, like the weekend before you came back?” Jessica knew that Tiffany was going to inquire about what happened.

“I wasn’t here. I got back that Monday.” Jessica lied. She didn’t want to but she had no choice. No other people should get involved in their history.

“Oh, okay…” There was sadness in Tiffany’s voice. Jessica heard it. She kept silent. On Tiffany’s mind, thoughts ran around.

“So it was Taeng after all… Who was I kidding?” Tiffany sadly thought to herself.

Sunny asked Taeyeon as well.

“What happened between those two?” Sunny inquired. Taeyeon didn’t want to lie as well. But she did. And she hated it.

“I didn’t really know… It happened too fast.” For some reason, Sunny just nodded as if accepting Taeyeon’s answer. Taeyeon didn’t know if Sunny noticed or not. She hoped not.

The day went fast. Soon, everyone was heading home, except for three students who had stayed behind. They were at the back of the school, hidden from anyone.

“Talk.” Jessica ordered. Yuri looked at her.

“Don’t be so hot-headed, Jessica.” Yuri said.

“Yuri, will you please explain?” Taeyeon tried. Yuri looked at her and sighed.

“Okay. Fine. I’ve been looking for Yoona for a long time.”

“Why?” Taeyeon asked.

“She has them. My memories…”

“Memories? What are you talking about?”

“I know that my name is Kwon Yuri. But other than that, I don’t remember anything about me. My memories from when I came here are what I have now. But I don’t know anything about me before I came here. I transferred here a few years ago right? Before that, I can’t remember anything. All I know is that my memories are with her.”

“Why Yoona?”

“Because she’s all I could see in my dreams.” Yuri said. Jessica was silent throughout the whole conversation. That was a few more pieces of the puzzle but they don’t explain anything aside from Yuri’s frequent visits. There were so many questions unanswered. But she decided that she can find them next time.

“You two can go. I have to find out who has been waking the artifacts.” Jessica said as she left the two. Yuri and Taeyeon were silent until they could no longer see Jessica. When Jessica was nowhere in sight, Yuri started.

“So can I go to your house again?” Taeyeon just smiled at her.

“Sure. Just next time, ask to visit Yoona. And actually talk to her. I don’t think you’re making any progress by sitting on my couch and preoccupying yourself. Yuri nodded enthusiastically before holding onto Taeyeon, telling her to go home so she can finally visit.

 

Night came. Taeng and Taeyeon were at home. No notes today so Taeyeon was just doing her homework at a normal pace. Yuri had left earlier than usual but she did get to talk with Yoona for a bit.

On the other side of town, Jessica was in her bedroom. She was currently in the Jung protected database. She just changed the password so whoever it was that was trying to awaken the artifacts, they should have a little trouble hacking in. Jessica was watching the screen for hours now. Nothing. She laid down her bed so she could rest her eyes for a bit. Her laptop tends to beep if someone was hacking on the site. She should know right away. Just as she was about to close her eyes, she heard the beeps.

Beep! Beep!

Jessica’s eyes opened right away and she sat up to face her computer. The hacker was in for only a few minutes. Jessica slammed her fist on the table. The hacker had managed to let loose another artifact. And this time, it’s bigger than Yoona. She got up to get her coat. She had to go to Taeyeon right away. The house’s door slammed. Her computer was left in the room. It was on the artifact page.

Alias: The Controller of Worlds

Status: Unknown

Location: Missing

 

Taeyeon came down to see a tired Jung, knocking on her door. Her mother and her grandfather had come down after she did. They were shocked to see the Jung again.

“I need your help.” At this, Taeyeon looked at her mother, and then to her grandfather. They both nodded. Taeyeon nodded at them in return.

“Dan!” She called and Dan jumped up to her shoulder. The two left the Jung and they ran.

“What happened?” Taeyeon asked.

“Whoever it was, they got in again and they awoke another artifact. This one will be harder. Yoona was incomplete. This one is complete.”

“Who is the artifact?”

She is known as the Controller of Worlds.”

 

A/N: Hey guys. Hope this chapter is fine. I couldn’t go online in AFF until I finished the updates I had to do. Sadly, I can only post this one right now. I have the sequel for Emotions all ready and typed up but I can’t post it today.

I actually almost fainted while I was taking a bath. I don’t know what happened. I lost all feeling in my body and I fell down. This happened twice. When I thought I was going to get a second wind, I almost lost consciousness again. I was in the bathroom for about 45 minutes. It takes me less than that. And no one noticed. I’m still a bit dizzy now. My mind is not well. Since I have school next week, I want to go to the doctors next weekend.

For those who subscribed, thank you very much for subscribing. I think I had two more. ^^ And for those who commented on the previous chapter, thank you very much as well. I really appreciate it. I hope you all stick with me until the end.

I don’t know what else to say since I think my mind is about to give up any moment now but I will get better hopefully so please look forward to the next update. I can’t promise next week but I will try. Okay. See you guys around. ^-^v