Stage 23: The White Angel’s Love

DP: KT Angel

 

Stop!!!!

A/N: Did you stop to read this? Good. Before you start the chapter, since I’ve been away for too long, I need to know if you guys still have confusions and questions. I will answer everything in the last chapter. I know I might be forgetting things, letting things on. Tell me okay. If you don’t have any, well, enjoy, I guess.

 

“Tae-” She stopped as she saw the figure sit up, black wings emerging from the back, and piercing red eyes appeared as the eyes opened.

“Taeng….” Sunny’s voice trailed off at the recognition. Taeng looked at her with surprised eyes. He looked around as if he was searching for something. Dan was running around, clearly troubled as well.

“Taeng. Where’s Taeyeon?” Jungho asked, grasping Taeng by the shoulders. Taeng looked up at him.

“Where is she? Where is my daughter?” He asked loudly, worry and anxiety in his trembling voice.

“She’s not here…” Taeng said, looking around once more. He turned to stand up but he collapsed on the floor once again.

“Jungho…” James called to him before placing a comforting hand on his shoulder.

“I don’t get it… what’s going on?” Sunny asked. She looked at Taeng and the others. When Taeng didn’t look at her, she looked at Jungho, then James, Sooyoung… none. 

“Yuri?” She turned to Yuri expectantly. She saw Yoona next to her; her appearance was very different. Tiffany surely was just as clueless as she was.

“Jessica?” Sunny called onto Jessica. She looked up at her before turning to the mirror.

 

Taeyeon opened her eyes and she was faced with a cold road. She closed them again and opened them. She slowly tried getting up but her limbs were too weak. She laid there for a bit before using her right hand to push herself off the ground, managing to turn herself, still lying on the pavement.

The clouds covered the sky, gray overpowering blue.

“Ugh…” With enough strength, she managed to sit upright with her throbbing head. She pressed her hand on her head, hoping that would ease the pain. When the pain started lessening, she remembered what happened. She hurriedly looked around before checking herself for anything.

“Taeng?” She whispered. When there was no answer, she immediately realized she was alone.

“Where am I?” She asked no one in particular. Letting her gaze rise up to the clouds, she noticed that it was starting to get dark. Movement caught her attention. She turned to see a familiar man walking around the neighborhood.

“Hal-abeoji?” She saw him stop by a house near her before going in. She stood up and slowly made her way towards the house. She held onto the door knob and with a twist, it opened. She saw him walking in a room. Along her way, she found a card. Her eyes widened at its familiarity.          

I will be stealing the Angel’s Bell at 11:00pm. Be ready. –Phantom Thief Taeng

“Taeng?” Taeyeon called out but still no answer. She looked up to see her grandfather now dressed in a slightly familiar black suit. Taeyeon thought that he could see her but when he passed her, she concluded otherwise with a sigh of relief. She looked at a nearby clock. It was almost the hour. She exited the house and saw Taeng flying away. She ran and ran, trying to follow him as far as she could. But a flash of white stopped her on her tracks.

“Who?” She looked to the other direction to see wings. They were white as the pale moon’s complexion and they glittered like the stars. Taeyeon gaped at them as she had never seen wings looking so beautifully. She casted one last look towards Taeng’s direction before shaking her head and going to follow the white wings.

 

‘Master Jessica…’ Jessica heard his voice. ‘There is only one way to save Taeyeon-ssi.’

“…” Jessica didn’t say anything but she stood up. Everyone turned their attention to her.

“Yuri, Yoona, hold Tiffany.” Jessica said. Tiffany stared up at her.

“What?” Yuri and Yoona searched Jessica’s eyes and found determination. Although Yuri was a bit reluctant, Yoona reached to hold her hand. With a gentle squeeze, Yuri looked at Yoona. They seem to have a silent agreement before both of them nodded and held Tiffany away from Jessica.

“Jess?” James called his daughter. Jessica looked at him before giving him a look.

“It’s time, Dad. Tomorrow’s the day. It will happen. And to end it all… I will have to bring Taeyeon back. And that,” Jessica pointed at the painting, “will be the key to the Saekgeu Wings.”

“Wait, Jessica!” Tiffany called out to her but Jessica didn’t face her.

“Master Jessica…” Jesse’s voice echoed in the room.

“Jessica!” Tiffany called again.

“I’m ready. Hurry up.” Jessica said before closing her eyes. Jesse nodded before raising his arms in front of him. Two wings sprouted from Jessica’s back. One was white and the other blue.

“Appo…” Jessica hissed.

“Almost there…” They watched as the painting lightened up. Like what happened before Taeyeon vanished, one of the wings behind her vanished. On the contrary of which wing, however, it was the white one that vanished into feathers. Jessica collapsed on the floor.

“Jessica!” Yuri and Yoona finally let go of Tiffany and they approached Jessica’s fallen figure. Around her, white feathers scattered.

“What does this mean?” Tiffany asked. Jungho stared at his daughter’s body before turning to Taeng. Around him were red feathers. He connected the two occurrences together. He ran to the painting and placed it next to the wall.

“Yuri, Sooyoung.” He called them. The two, including Yoona, turned to him.

“Heal Jessica and Taeng right now. Yoona… reveal your power now.”

“Yoona?” Sunny asked.

“Yoona can return them.”

Yoona turned to look at Yuri before nodding. She closed her eyes and held out her arm to the side. She was engulfed in a combination of silver and green light that caused everyone in the room to cover their eyes.

When the light died down, there was a perfect pair of green wings behind Yoona. She opened her eyes and they were her ash grey eyes. She turned to see Yuri smiling at her and she returned it. Sooyoung had a knowing grin in her face, happy for Yoona while Taeng, Jungho, Sunny, and Tiffany watched in amazement. James stood in front of Yoona.

“Yoona, the Return.” He called her.

“Im Yoona, sir.” Yoona corrected with a cheerful grin.

“Ya! Yoona, if you had remembered sooner, I wouldn’t have to go through all the trouble to bring Taeyeon and Jessica back when I lost control of my powers.” Sooyoung protested. Yoona just gave her a peace sign.

“Well, Im Yoona, please get in touch with Jesse.” Yoona nodded before sitting before the painting. Her hands glowed lightly. A voice answered.

“Little Im?” Jesse’s voice asked.

“Oppa! Have you seen Taeyeon unnie yet?” Yoona called out.

“Not yet. She could be anywhere.”

“… Did you check with her grandfather’s place?”

“The Kim’s household? Why there?”

“She could be following Taeng.”

“… Okay. I’ll check. If she’s not there?”

“… then go to her house…” Jessica’s voice echoed. Yoona turned, expecting to find Jessica awake but was still unconscious.

“Oppa, Jessica unnie said to go to her house but I don’t know what she means by that.”

“… Okay. I’ll contact you again. By that time, be ready to pull Taeyeon-ssi and I out of here.”

 

Silence engulfed the room. When Yoona ended her connection with Jesse, Sunny and Tiffany both turned to Yuri.

“What is going on?” Both of them asked. Yuri looked up from healing Jessica. James and Jungho brought Taeng next to them so Sooyoung could heal him.

“It’s a long story. Which part do you want me to start?”

“The start with Taeng and Jesse.” Sunny answered.

“Alright.”

“We will tell the story.” James volunteered and Jungho nodded.

“It first started with a thief and an artist.”

 

Taeyeon was trying to climb the side of the big building.

“Aish! This is not working.” She shouted at herself as she fell back. She lay down, trying to think of a way to look in the building. She stood up and looked around. She found a tall tree that seemed healthy. She smiled to herself before heading towards the tree.

“Alright. I can do this.” She said to herself before jumping up and climbing the tree. When she made it up, she found that this particular branch was right before this room. She tested on whether she could jump towards the window but she wasn’t sure whether she could open it.

“Jesse?” A voice called out. Taeyeon froze in her spot when she heard rustling of the leaves due to a breeze.

“Jesse?” Taeyeon called out as well before a white angel stopped before the veranda. It was Jesse, the angel with white wings. Taeyeon frowned. ‘Why are his wings this radiant?’ She thought to herself.

“Sooyeon.” Taeyeon saw the curtains withdrew and a sad-looking kid came into view.

“Oh! Oppa, you came… Unnie is…” The kid was crying. She immediately opened the window and hugged Jesse by his legs since she was shorter and young.

“Little Soojung…” Jesse called out before opening his arms to carry the kid. He walked in, the windows still open. Taeyeon jumped to the veranda and looked in. Her eyes widened at the sight of…

“Jessica?” Taeyeon walked in to see Jessica lying on the bed. She was pale and looking rather weak. Jesse walked to the side of her bed and placed Soojung down before taking her hand.

Taeyeon came to a conclusion. ‘Sooyeon looks like Jessica but she isn’t Jessica… That’s why Yoona said she wasn’t Jessica. If this is Sooyeon, is this Jessica’s grandmother?’

 

“There were our descendants. One from my family,” James started.

“And the other from mine.” Jungho ended.

“My descendant was a well-known artist and genius.”

“Mine, however, was a notorious thief.”

“And when my descendant was working on an artifact, the Kim came in and tried to steal it.”

“And that artifact was what brought down the curse of our families. It is the Saekgeu Wings.”

“It pulled both their souls in and the artifact was completed. It resulted to Taeng and Jesse, and the secret feud between the Kims and the Jungs. Every first born male in our family will inherit the both of their bloods and will take their forms as their bearers.” Tiffany and Sunny nodded in understanding.

“So that is why Taeyeon and Jessica were changing to them. But they are both girls. You said first born males.” Sunny pointed out.

“That’s because this time, we chose to be with them.” Taeng interjected.

“We?”

“Jesse and I… no, I decided that there has to be done to stop this curse. To end it. After what happened 40 years ago, I knew this had to stop.”

“40 years ago?”

“That time is my father’s story. I remember him telling it to me every night.” James mentioned.

“I don’t think mine is that relevant though.” Jungho said while thinking about it.

“Why is that?” James asked.

“It’s because what Taeyeon is living now is about the same, only I didn’t like anyone at that time.” Taeng said to which Jungho nodded.

“What?” James was confused.

“During that time, in over probably hundreds of years, did Jesse fell in love for the first time.”

 

“Sooyeon...” Taeyeon watched as Jesse held Sooyeon’s hand, kissing it lovingly.

“It’s tomorrow…” Taeyeon heard Sooyeon say.

“I know… I don’t want to go.” Jesse said, shaking his head.

“The doctor… he said that tonight is my… I won’t be able to live thro-”

“Don’t say that… Please…”

“Jesse…” Sooyeon called out. “You told me you have a chance to live tomorrow… as human.”

“Yes… I do…”

“Then why don’t you want to go?”

“Because I only wanted to stay in this world so I could be here with you…” Jesse said, his eyes starting to brim with tears.

“Jesse…” Sooyeon looked at him sadly.

“No… please don’t cry…” Jesse said.

“How can I not?” Sooyeon weakly ask him.

“Taeyeon-ssi.” Taeyeon jumped to the voice that called her name. She was shocked to see Jesse behind her.

“Jesse! You’re-”

“Come on. Let’s get out of here.” Jesse pulled Taeyeon to him as he sprouted his wings and flew upward. Taeyeon held onto him, still a bit shocked that Jesse is there and they are hundreds of feet from the ground.

“Yoona. Open it as soon as you can.” Jesse said out of nowhere.

After gathering her thoughts, Taeyeon spoke up.

“Jesse… was that-”

“… You saw that?” It was worded like a question but Taeyeon wasn’t sure whether he was really asking.

“Yeah…” Silence hung in the air before Taeyeon continued.

“Is that why you-”

“It’s not.”

“Jesse-”

“Stop talking, Taeyeon-ssi.” Jesse quickly said but Taeyeon was determined.

“No. Jesse, tell me. Why did you and Taeng picked Jessica and I as the bearers?”

“Taeng decided that on his own. He picked you because he believed that you can break it.”

“And Jessica? Was it because she looked like-”

“No!” He said firmly, causing confusion in Taeyeon. He sighed before continuing.

“Just stop, Taeyeon-ssi. What exactly are you hoping to know after this?”

“What’s the reason you always told Taeng and I that you want to own Jessica’s body? I want to know why.”

“…”

“You don’t, do you? From the start, you didn’t even think of erasing Jessica from this world and to live in her place.”

“No. That isn’t my-” Jesse was interrupted by a bright light.

“Oppa! It’s open.” Yoona’s voice was heard.

“We’re here.” Jesse said before flying to the light.

“Wait! I wasn’t finished talking.”

 

“How was Sooyeon related to you?”

“To put it simply, my mother was Sooyeon’s distant cousin. My father decided to take the Jung last name because they didn’t have male siblings to take the name. He had enough siblings in his family so he took my mother’s. ” James explained.

“Oppa! It’s open.”  Yoona suddenly shouted. The others turned to the painting as it suddenly flashed bright once again. A white and red orb of light came out of the painting. Taeng watched the red orb float towards him and it slowly entered his body. They saw one of Taeng’s black wings change to red before both vanished, Taeng once again losing consciousness.

Jessica, who was still unconscious, stirred after the white orb entered her body, white and blue wings joining together before vanishing. She slowly opened her eyes.

“Jessi!” Tiffany called when she felt Jessica stir on her lap. Jessica looked up at her and found Tiffany’s worried eyes looking down at her.

“Jess…” Jessica turned her gaze to her father who had called her. He knelt beside her. He reluctantly reached out to hold her daughter’s hand. Seeing his struggle, Jessica reached for her father’s hand. When James saw this, he couldn’t help the tears that formed in his eyes.

“Taeyeon…” Taeyeon stirred slowly when she heard her name being called by two familiar voices. She felt herself be turned and rested against a familiar body. She opened her eyes and found Sunny looking down at her, just like Tiffany was with Jessica, worriedly.

“Sunny…” Taeyeon spoke out before flashing a smile. Sunny couldn’t help but smile at Taeyeon’s attempt to make her smile as well. Taeyeon was enjoying the contact but Sunny pulled away.

“Sunny?” She asked, her eyes still somewhat closed. When she saw a male silhouette before her, she realized who it was.

“Appa?” It was confirmed when her father let out a sob and hugged her tightly.

“Appa.” She said, smiling again, hearing only her father’s sobs.

“Taeyeon… My daughter… My lovely daughter.” Jungho whispered.

“Taeyeon! Yoona! Sooyoung? Where are you guys? Did we have visitors?” Jungho looked up to the door.

“Hye In?” He whispered very quietly. Taeyeon nodded.

“It’s Umma. She’s home.” Taeyeon whispered back. “Can you help me up, Appa?” Jungho nodded before helping Taeyeon up with Sunny.

 

“Umma.” Taeyeon called.

“Omo! Tae, what happened to you?” Kim Hye In made her way towards her daughter. Her steps slowed however, when she saw a familiar man helping Taeyeon.

“Hye In.” The man called.

“Jung…ho?” Her voice was filled with uncertainty but was hopeful. She walked closer and closer until she was right in front of Taeyeon and Jungho. She started crying.

“Umma, don’t cry. We had a little bit of trouble downstairs. That was it.” Taeyeon said.

“Aish.” Hye In whispered before hitting Jungho in the head. Jungho looked at her incredulously at first before she embraced him.

“Jungho…” She whispered, embracing him tighter.

“Hye In.” Jungho did the same. Taeyeon was now with Sunny, who was helping her make her way to the couch. In a few minutes, James, Jessica and Tiffany emerged from the basement. They were followed by Yuri, Yoona, and Sooyoung who had brooms and trash bags.

“Sorry about the mess, Mrs. Kim.” Sooyoung apologized. Hye In just shook her head.

“It’s alright. Don’t worry about it.” She had a beautiful smile on her face.

 

While Taeyeon and Jessica rested in Taeyeon’s room with Sunny and Tiffany, the three artifacts stayed with the parents in the living room to discuss the upcoming events.

“… There were reported disturbances near the East Coast of the country. The Meteorologist Administration is issuing an evacuation along the premises.” James turned off the television.

“We have to clear the city. If I’m correct, people could get injured once Taeng and Jesse set the final stage.”

“I can ask Inspector Lee to evacuate the people. An earthquake has been in the news right?”

“You should call them now.” Jungho nodded.

“Wait for a bit.” James said, standing up, dialing a number in his phone.

“… Yeoboseyo? Yes, this is Commissioner General, James Jung.”

“I bet he loves saying that.” Jungho commented, to which James glared at him.

“Let me speak with Inspector Lee.”

“Commissioner General Jung, how may I help you?”

“Inspector Lee, I received news from the Meteorological Administration. There will be an earthquake tomorrow. I’m sure you’ve heard the news as well, am I right?”

“Yes, Commissioner.”

“Notify the residents of the request an immediate evacuation tomorrow afternoon.”

“Affirmative, Commissioner.”

“Oh, and about your daughter, don’t worry. I’ll be sure to send her with you tomorrow by the time the transportations get here.”

“I thought she was missing! Thank you for telling me, Commissioner Jung.”

“It’s nothing. See you tomorrow afternoon.”

“Now what do we do?”

“We wait. And prepare. Yuri, you know what to do right?” Yuri nodded.

“It will be hard but Yoona is complete with me now. When I left, my disappearance allowed the possibility for Taeng and Jesse to choose their bearers. All we have to do is slowly seal the Saekgeu Wings.”

“Jessica knows about it right?”

“Hm. Um, yes.”

“Does Taeyeon know?”

“Know what?”

“That if we do this…” Everyone in the caught up to what James was talking about and they were immersed in deep thought.

“She would have known about it right? She would have expected that at one point, Taeng and her, they will have to split forever.”

“It will upset her at some point. Tomorrow might be the last day she will see Taeng.” Silence engulfed the room.

 

In Taeyeon’s room, Sunny and Tiffany were asleep soundly, clearly tired of the day’s events. The moon was up and high, showing how late of the night it was.

Jessica was awake. She lay in bed for a while before deciding to sit up. After thinking about it, she stood up and carefully sneaked out of Taeyeon’s room. She made her way to the basement, making sure that she doesn’t wake up anyone. She found herself in front of a mirror, her own self reflected.

“Hey.” She said in a low whisper. A few seconds passed and a different figure appeared before the mirror.

“Yes, Master Jessica?”

“Thanks for helping Taeyeon. I appreciate that.”

“I would do anything for you, Master Jessica.”

“… I know that.” Jessica said. There was silence.

“Master, Jessica. You should get some sleep. I will need you at your best tomorrow. You won’t seal me with Taeng if you’re weak.”

“… I read your thoughts. Earlier…” She watched as Jesse turned his back to her in the mirror.

“Taeyeon knows of your past now. Is there any reason you are still acting like this?”

“…” Jesse didn’t answer.

“I know about Sooyeon as well. I’m just like her, aren’t I?”

Still no answer.

“I know everything there is to know about you. Won’t you talk even to me?” Jessica asked.

“You’ve hated me ever since I first appeared to you… You’ve even gone far as to lock me up inside and from your thoughts…” Jesse said. Jessica looked at the back of his head in the mirror.

“When I was in the Hall of Memories, I didn’t even know of your life before me. Even your thoughts about your father… I didn’t understand why you’ve grown so cold to him over the years…”

“Hey.”

“You haven’t even said my name once, Master Jessica.” Jessica sighed.

“My dad… he can’t go through my mind like you can. I know the risk of hurting him then.” Jessica paused for a bit before continuing. Jesse frowned at the change of topic but he refuse to cut this conversation so he didn’t say anything.

“When you were with him, you didn’t put up a fight with Taeng. More likely, it was just a show every time to hide what you’re really feeling.”

“Master Jessica. Even you say this…”

“Let me finish. My father failed to break the curse last time right? As a Jung, if he wanted to break the curse, he could have done so when he performed the ritual with Taeyeon’s father. I can’t let him decide for me.”

“It’s not his fault. He couldn’t risk dying if the ritual wasn’t successful.”

“That’s not the point. If I hadn’t pushed him away, he would have known about-” Jessica paused, catching herself. She let out a deep breath before speaking again.

“You know don’t you?”

“Know what, Master Jessica?” Jesse asked.

“Never mind…” Jessica was quiet for a bit then she asked. “You said you’ll do anything for me right?”

“You know I would, Master Jessica.” Jesse confirmed. Jessica wasn’t sure how long she was lost in her thoughts but when she realized it, she spoke at one.

“I will break the curse.” Jessica said with much determination.

“Of course you will. You can do anything, Master Jessica.” Jesse commented. There was something in the way he said it that made Jessica feel both mad and sad towards him.

“Don’t you even want to kno-” Jessica caught herself again so she paused. She sighed.

“I’ll see you tomorrow.” Jessica said while she looked at his still turned back from her.

“Good night.” She said, standing up.

“Rest well.” She heard Jesse said before she left the room. Silence engulfed the room. No one saw the young man in the mirror shed tears as he slowly vanished.

 

A/N: Hey guys! Here’s a new chapter of DP:KTA. Sorry for the long wait. ^^ You’re author’s brain was on vacation that not many ideas got into my head that I felt lost. I’m back now. I’ll try to update again.

I thank you the subscribers and the voters. I haven’t exactly been keeping track so those who have upvoted this story, I thank you very much.

It will be finished in the next chapter so it might be long but I doubt that. Those who read my 10, 000 word one shot that I posted earlier this week, well, I don’t know how long the next chapter will be. You won’t probably think it’s long if you didn’t think the one shot was long.

*DoRS will be updated once DP:KTA is done.

Oh! Guess who got her first snare drum! That’s right! You’re author, here, got her first snare drum last Sunday. I didn’t get to tell you guys because I wasn’t writing and posting stories. Hehe. ^^

This author’s note is really long now. Maybe one more thing. I’m going back to school in three weeks, starting next Monday. I’m both excited and anxious… >_<

Yeah, that’s it. Those who read this, thanks for putting up with this chatter box. See you around, guys. Later~ Oh! And Happy Six Years, SONEs. I’m only a year old but I still love our members all the same. ^-^v