Stage 20: Confessions on a peaceful evening

DP: KT Angel

“You…” Jesse whispered.

Tiffany looked at him. Jesse’s eyes stared back with hostility. He didn’t like how she looked at him. He couldn’t read anything in those eyes and it irritated him that she has that same look Jessica gives him.

“I know I’m handsome but staring at me won’t make me like you.” Jesse stated as he turned away from Tiffany, lying back on the bed.

“What have you done?” Tiffany asked, her voice containing anger. Jesse heard it but didn’t answer.

“Are you listening to me?” Tiffany asked again, her voice louder.

“Master Jessica will listen to you. I, on the other hand, will not.”

“You know that I know about you already?” Tiffany asked. Jesse scoffed.

“Who wouldn’t? I know you’re smart.” Jesse said. Tiffany blinked twice at Jesse’s statement.

“I never thought I would get a compliment from you.” Jesse smirked but his expression was hidden from Tiffany.

“So what do you want?” Jesse asked.

“You messed things up. You knew that Sunny has been planning it since this morning, didn’t you?” Tiffany accused him.

“If you didn’t notice it, I helped speed things up. Their relationship was going too slow and even if she confesses, I doubt that what I had done didn’t make it more dramatic.” Jesse said, chuckling to himself as he pointed to the window. Tiffany warily made her way from the door to the window Jesse was pointing. She took a peek.

 

The area was dark, no lights brightened it. The moon was bright and only one of billions of stars were out. That was the only source of natural light. The only sounds one could hear were the gentle whispers of the ocean and the footsteps against the sand.

Sunny was still running. She hadn’t stopped since she got out of the hotel. She wanted to erase everything. She wanted to forget what she had just seen. She wanted everything gone. She wants to go back to a time when it didn’t hurt. And it didn’t help that a voice kept ringing in her ear.

“Sunny!” The voice continued calling. Sunny didn’t want to hear that voice and her tears continued to stream down her cheeks. She closed her eyes but in doing so, she didn’t see where she was going. She tripped.

Sunny was on her knees on the ground. Her tears didn’t stop flowing as she heard steps getting closer to her and finally, they stopped at few steps near her. She didn’t let out any sound. Right then, the only sound was the ocean.

“Sun-”

“Don’t!” She cut the voice off right away, not wanting to hear anymore.

“I don’t want to hear anything from you…” Sunny tearfully said. There was a step taken closer to her.

“Sun-” The voice tried again but Sunny didn’t want to listen.

“Stop…” But her voice was weak.

“No, Sunny. Listen to me.” The voice was desperate. It comforted and hurt Sunny at the same time.

“I’ve listened to you once, Taeyeon. And once was enough!” Sunny cried out, accompanied by the ocean, crying out as well.

“A while ago… that was a misunderstanding.” Taeyeon started.

 

Tiffany stared at the two figures from the window. She couldn’t hear what they were talking about but only see a portion. They were far off near the ocean and it was a good distance from the hotel.

“You made it worse.” Tiffany whispered, seeing as it looked like Sunny was shouting at Taeyeon.

“Just continue watching.” Jesse said, irritated that the girl keeps on blaming her. Jesse sat on the bed and turned to the other side.

 

“Everything is a misunderstanding, Taeyeon! Everything is! Stop trying to explain anything because it doesn’t matter what it is…” Sunny said harshly. Taeyeon knew that Sunny was really upset but there was no way that she was going to leave it like this.

“Sunny. I was just checking up on Jessica and…” Taeyeon didn’t continue. How was she supposed to explain what happened?

“Stop explaining… Why did you follow me anyway?” Sunny asked, still not looking at Taeyeon.

“Eh?” Taeyeon didn’t understand.

“Why did you chase me here? What did you hope to accomplish?”

“Why… I had to make sure that you understood everything.” Sunny didn’t understand Taeyeon’s answer.

“Why?” Sunny asked again.

“Because I want you to understand that nothing is going on between Jessica and I.” Taeyeon answered.

“Why? From what I saw earlier, there is clearly something going on between you two.” Just saying this caused Sunny’s heard to break. Her breathing was heavy because of crying.

“Because I want it to be with you, not Jessica.” Taeyeon straightforwardly said. This caused Sunny’s eyes to widen a bit but she shrugged the idea.

“Stop lying….” She whispered but Taeyeon heard it perfectly.

“It’s not a lie. I like you, Sunny.” Taeyeon confessed. Sunny was quiet. Taeyeon knelt just behind Sunny. Seeing as the girl didn’t push her away or moved away from her, she placed a hand on Sunny’s shoulder.

At the contact, Sunny turned and wound her arms around Taeyeon in an attempt to seek in comfort and truth in those words she had just heard. Her head was by Taeyeon’s chest and she could hear Taeyeon’s heart. It beat fast, in fact, she didn’t know if it was her own or Taeyeon’s.

“Sunny?” Taeyeon called her.

“Please… say it one more time.” Sunny requested as she reluctantly looked up at Taeyeon.

When their eyes met, she could see something in Taeyeon’s eyes that somehow, she felt she longed to see for so long. It was not the same as the one she had hoped to see when she saw the young girl crying on the park late at night. This was something that had grown over the years, something that had bloomed at this exact moment, under the moonlight.

“I like you, Sunny.” Taeyeon repeated, smiling. Sunny could see the truth in them, and it made her heart race at their passion. She had to say it. She has to say it now or she will regret it.

“I… like you, Taeyeon… I like you so much!” Sunny confessed, tears of a different feeling than earlier now are streaming on her face. Taeyeon smiled as she felt her heart well up with happiness. She felt Sunny embrace her tightly and she returned it with the same comfort.

 

Tiffany felt her heart warm up at the sight of Sunny and Taeyeon on better terms. From what she could see, it looked like Sunny was able to confess and things went well.

“Told you so.” Jesse told her. Tiffany turned to see that Jesse wasn’t even looking at the window or her direction.

“How would you know that?” Tiffany asked.

“I’ve been occasionally living in this world for a long time. I know how humans end up.” There was silence.

Tiffany forgot why she went to this room in the first place. Seeing as she had no reason to stay, she made her way to the door. However, she paused as a thought occurred to her. As if sensing it, Jesse held onto her wrist.

Caught off guard, she was pulled onto the bed and Jesse sat on top of her, his hands on either side of her head, supporting himself. There was silence. Tiffany stared up at the person on top of her in shock. Outside, it was still Jessica but someone else was in front of her, and it didn’t help that whoever it was looked like Jessica.

She opened but nothing came out. She continued staring at Jessica’s face with slightly agape. She looked so calm in the outside but internally, she was shaking. Her thoughts were broken when she heard Jesse chuckle softly, his eyes closed as he let his amusement show.

“Nothing? Let go? Get off? Nothing at all?” Tiffany furrowed her eyebrows at his words.

“Why?” Jesse looked at her straight to the eyes. Tiffany saw the blue tinted brown irises she last saw the time the dating rumor started spreading.

“I don’t know what you do most of the time but every time I see you, you’re always… the bad guy. Just a while ago, you caused a misunderstanding between Taeyeon and Sunny. Then when the rumors were spreading, when you could’ve dismissed the rumors, you didn’t. Was that also to help them? How about when you… kissed me? You wanted me to hate you right?” Tiffany paused. “Why?”

 Jesse’s eyes widened for a bit before they returned their usual look of mirth and amusement.

“I won’t tell you.” He said with a smirk. He stared at her for a bit then spoke.

“I guess a kiss wasn’t enough to drive you away. Should I do more?” Jesse said before leaning closer.  Tiffany’s fear returned. Jesse was coming closer and closer. She closed her eyes tightly. There was a big fear at what might happen yet there was also the confidence that nothing bad will happen. She suddenly thought of Jessica.

‘Jessica…’ She thought to herself, remembering everything about Jessica. At least believing that it was Jessica before her will make it less painful.

Jesse was just looking at her. He had paused seconds ago when she closed her eyes. He even held his breath just so she won’t notice that he was looking at her.

“You’re a strange girl.” He finally said, feeling Tiffany flinch for a bit before opening her eyes, her confidence was returning. He moved away but continued to stay on top of her.

“You think it’s alright? Don’t be an idiot! Thinking it’s someone else won’t make a difference. Don’t make it seem like it was her with you and not someone else! Thinking that it was her who loves you right now won’t make any difference to the fact that the person who loves you isn’t her!” Jesse shouted at her. Tiffany just looked up in shock. Jesse let out a deep breath.

“You humans are pathetic.” He said before completely moving away from Tiffany. He sat on the edge of the bed. Tiffany looked at him. She could see Jessica in both the outside and the inside but there was another person in the inside as well. The one sitting in front of her is both Jessica and someone else.

She cautiously moved close to Jesse. When she was near enough, she slowly leaned her head on the shoulder and wrapped her arms in comfort around the bandaged body.

Jesse was a bit shocked at the gesture. He slightly looked to see Tiffany’s face; her eyes were closed. He turned and looked once again on the carpeted floor.

“What’s your…” Tiffany’s voice trailed off.

“Similar to Master Jessica… Jesse.” He said before allowing a smile to grace on his master’s face at a memory. Tiffany didn’t see it, though. They stayed like that for a while before Jesse closed his eyes and he fell backward onto the bed. Tiffany became alarmed.

“Jesse?!” She asked a bit loud. She sighed in relief when she heard slow and soft breathing, indicating sleep. Tiffany smiled.

 

Yuri watched out from the window of the room. Yoona was soundly sleeping in her bed. She had risen to watch the moon. It brightly led the stars out and there was a starry night before her. She closed her eyes and her thoughts drifted to the plan she had executed over ten years ago.

“It’s almost time…” She whispered. A face of a man appeared in her thoughts and she opened her eyes. The image was vivid and the conversations, she could still hear them.

 

“You have to help me with this.”

“Why should I?”

“You want Jessica to live like any other, don’t you? You want to stop the curse. Then help me. I want that, too. I couldn’t end it in my time so she will have to bear it. If we do it right, then the curse will be lifted. No one will have to go through this again.”

“No one will ever?”

“Yes. So please. I need your help, Controller of Time, Kwon Yuri.”

 

Her thoughts were broken when she felt Dan by her feet.  He was climbing up but the clothes she was wearing were too smooth and he keeps on slipping.

“Kyu…” Dan whispered.

“Come here.” Yuri said before bending down and bringing Dan up. He settled on her shoulder, hanging. He looked at her with his bright red eyes.

“You can feel it too, can’t you Dan?” Dan gave her a smile.

“Kyu~” was his reply. She pets his head.

“Can you feel him, Dan?” She asked.

“Kyu! Kyu, kyu~” Dan said, nodding. Yuri smiled.

“I hope this will be successful. I don’t want it to end like it always does.” Yuri said before walking towards the bed and lying down beside Yoona. Dan jumped from her shoulder to Taeyeon’s bed and snuggling with her pea plushies. Yuri smiled at that before turning to Yoona and putting her left arm around her and sleeping.

 

Outside, Taeyeon and Sunny continued to watch the starry sky. Their eyes reflected the billions of stars that shined at them. Sunny leaned her head on Taeyeon’s shoulder and Taeyeon leaned her head so it rested on top of Sunny’s.

Taeyeon looked down and saw Sunny’s hand. She smiled before holding it in her own. This caused Sunny to look at Taeyeon. Their eyes met. Sunny blushed but a smile graced her face. Taeyeon had a grin on her face. She leaned on so her forehead rested against Sunny’s.

She mouthed three syllables to her and Sunny giggled, replying with two syllables. No other words were spoken then afterwards before they walked together hand in hand back to the hotel. Their faces were pink and their expressions carried such underlying happiness. They separated as they retired to their rooms.

Even in their sleeps, they both smiled. Both remembered each other’s words.

“Saranghae~”

“Nado…”

 

A/N: Hey guys. Miss me again? Sorry about not updating last week. I got sick. Then, I got a lot of school work. There is still a lot on my table but I couldn’t help but at least give you guys this chapter.

The chapter for DoRS… I’m not sure when I could do it. I’ve just been very busy. Over the course of the week, I was only able to do the chapter for DP:KTA. ^^;

Thank you for the new subscribers and the upvote. Thank you, 61N42320.

Oh, I can’t reply for the comments for the last chapter. Maybe if I’m free next time. I hope you guys understand. See you next time. ^-^v