The Final Stage: Eternal Angels

DP: KT Angel

No one noticed the sun as it lightened the day. In fact, the sun was not even visible. Clouds gathered that early morning, dews forming on the leaves. Gray clouds covered the blue sky that usually was there.

The townspeople all had woken up earlier for the evacuation. The siren was sounded off early before the sun came up and this alerted everyone. Evacuation locomotives were near town hall where the people signed up for roll call. No one should be left behind. Every person went to check up on their neighbor that morning. Some even helped with the packing. Needless to say, the morning was already full of problems.

Even in the Kims household, there was not a sleeping figure still lying on the bed. Jungho and Hye In were by the door, seeing Jessica off. James had left earlier since he needed to be on the evacuation site to ensure there were no issues. Also, he had to take Tiffany and Sunny so they would be where their family is.

“Will you be okay by yourself?” Hye In asked. Jessica nodded.

“I will head home. Do not worry about me.” At that, Jessica bowed before leaving their home. They watched her get farther and farther from the house. Jungho turned to Hye In as she spoke.

“Dad was there already. He knew this would happen so he went to the town hall yesterday.”

“You better get going too.” He told her as he kissed her forehead.

“Be safe, okay?” She said before kissing his cheek. She held his hand tight before picking the bag she prepared and leaving out the door. He waited until she was out of sight before coming inside.

He made his way inside the house and went down the basement. In front of a large mirror, he found his daughter, looking at it intently. He had a worried look on his face before he walked down the stairs, purposely making his footsteps echo in the room. He saw his daughter look at him, as well as the boy in the mirror.

“Today is the day.” Taeng said. Jungho was happy that Taeng talked first. To be honest, he didn’t know what to say. It was a good thing that Taeng started.

“Again right?” Jungho said jokingly. Taeng chuckled at the reply.

“Appa, how do I know when it’s time to go?” Taeyeon asked her father.

“You’ll know when it comes to you.” Jungho said before placing his hand on her daughter’s head and pulled her gently to him.

“I know this is probably not the time but I’m sorry for leaving you…” He apologized. Taeyeon nodded in his embrace.

“At least you’re back now, right?” Taeyeon said, getting a nod from Jungho in return.

“Yes.” Taeng watched them have a better reconciliation before turning to his side to give them privacy.

 

Jessica saw her house at a distance. She looked off to the town hall’s direction. She could see a lot of people around it, all of which she had seen before around town and at school. She saw her classmates and their parents who had worried expressions. She tore her gaze away from the crowd and went straight to her house.  With a turn of the knob, she went in to the empty house.

She looked around at all the things in the hall. She turned to the living room. The furniture, curtains, wallpaper, pictures, appliances, all had no importance to her. She turned to the kitchen. The tiled floor, a mat, silverwares in the drawers, these had no importance to her either. A plate on the counter caught her attention. It had a tuna sandwich on it, covered in a plastic wrap. There was a note. It says,

 

I thought you might get hungry. You haven’t eaten right? I hope this is still okay for you. –Dad.

 

She looked at it and let a smile grace her face before uncovering the sandwich. She took a bite and she let out a sob. ‘It’s still good, Dad. Don’t worry.’ She thought. She finished the sandwich and went upstairs to her room.

She remembered how she had let her thoughts get the best of her yesterday. It was a good thing she didn’t speak. She might have told Tiffany everything.

Jessica appreciated Tiffany being there, trying to liven her day, giving it variety, pursuing her like there’s no tomorrow, all of those things and more. She, who carried a special blood that ties oneself to Jesse Jung, a magical being from the past, was a Jung and she had a duty. And everything Tiffany had done ever since they had met made her forget all of those. With Tiffany, she wanted to want. For the first time in her life, she wanted to want. She wanted to live.

She quickly shook her head at the realization. ‘If I do this, it will all be over.’ She thought.

Her eyes found her school uniform and sergeant uniform. With a few steps, she reached over and brought them to her closet. She found plastic covers and neatly placed it over those two items, separately hanged. Once they were neatly placed in the dresser, she walked to her bedside table. She opened the second drawer and reached in. There was one white feather on it. With a swing of her arm, she was covered in white light. When it died down, she was covered in an all-white garment. With Jesse’s pure white robes, she looked like she was him, only shorter. She stared at the feather she found as she sat down at her bed.

‘Today is the day. You better prepare yourself as well.’ She thought. Jesse didn’t answer. Jessica knew that he won’t. After all, ever since he first appeared to her, she had sealed him with her power, from the outside, and from her mind.

 

Taeyeon was still sitting in front of the mirror. A little while, Jungho went out of the basement so he could prepare for when they came back so she was alone. Well, not entirely since Taeng was still in the mirror. Taeyeon had a lot of question running in her head and she wasn’t entirely sure if Taeng could answer them.

“Hey, Taeyeon! Slow down with all the thoughts. I’m having a headache.” Taeng complained. Taeyeon looked up and found him holding his head with one hand. She laughed a little.

“Sorry. It’s just I have a lot of question. And I’m sure out of all of it, you can only answer a handful. When I was with Jesse yesterday, I didn’t have the time to ask. Also, he doesn’t even give straight answers.”

“I know more things than him. Come on. Try me.” Taeng said confidently.

“Alright.” Not sure if she’ll get an answer without being compromised, she worded it differently.

“Hurry up.”

“Here it is. Why does Jesse want Jessica’s body?”

“That’s easy. From when you first met him and all those other times, wasn’t it obvious that through Jessica’s body, he could live?” Taeng finished confidently. Taeyeon shook her head.

“That’s not the right answer.”

“Huh? How would you know if it is or not?”

“Tell me. You’ve existed together with him and you think he’s that low of a person?”

“Of course not. And even if he wanted to, it is impossible for him.” Taeng finished with a frown on his face, upset that Taeyeon thought he thinks that Jesse would stoop that low.

“Impossible? What is?”

“Ever since Sooyeon, he lost his power. Even if the sergeant died, he won’t be able to take over her body. He’s been powerless for two lifetimes already.” Taeng, realizing what he just said, quickly shut his mouth. He found Taeyeon looking back at him with an agape mouth.

“He’s what?!” Taeyeon quickly grasped the side of the mirror to talk to Taeng better. Taeng raised his hands in defense.

“Hey, it’s not like he can keep anything from me. We’re practically the same person so we can’t hide any thoughts from each other.”

“No, what do you mean that he’s powerless? Where did his power go?”

“How would I know that?” Taeng returned. Taeyeon sat back.

“If you don’t know where his power is, it means he doesn’t know it too. It makes sense. Of course! At that one time when we were tracking Yuri, he didn’t have enough power to spot her.”

“Wait. You guys were together? Looking for Yuri? When was this?”

“Oh, I forgot to tell you. It’s that time I accidently sealed you inside of me.” Taeyeon made a peace sign.

“Don’t give me that!” Taeng shouted. “So what happened that time?”

“When we stopped in the middle of the forest, I asked him what he was looking for. He told me he was looking for Yuri’s purple aura. Yoona and I saw it and he followed. But I thought he just missed it.”

“… Hey, just for the record, what Sunny said at that time… she wasn’t sure that you would return her feelings… I know what she was thinking…”

“‘If she didn’t return my feelings, then I would try to learn to love you’ right?” Taeng nodded.

“Don’t worry about it. If I was in her place, I would probably try to love someone who loves me as well.” With that, Taeyeon and Taeng continued pondering together.

“Taeng, you knew all this time Jesse was acting right?” Taeyeon asked to which Taeng nodded.

“But you don’t know why he’s doing it?” Another nod.

“From what I know, the tamer can control what we do. Since we need your bodies to live in this world, we have to follow all your orders. In exchange, we can use your body.”  Taeng said.

“Wait! The tamer can control what you do?” A nod.

 “Yeah. That’s what I said.”

“You have to follow all our orders and in return, you can use our body.”

“Do I have to repeat myself again? Yes!” Taeng answered.

“Are you telling me that Jessica herself somehow willed Jesse into doing what he does?” Taeyeon asked, looking perplexed. Taeng mirrored the expression as to somehow it makes sense. No. It is the only explanation.

“That can’t be. Then all this time, Jessica unconsciously projected her own feelings through Jesse, causing himself to act this way. And of course, because Jessica looks like Sooyeon, Jesse’s feelings also intensified everything.”

“It’s understandable since Jesse kept saying no when I asked him if he wanted to take over Jessica’s body and if the reason he chose Jessica was because she looked like Sooyeon.”

“And all this time, our focus was on Jesse.” Taeng pointed out. Taeyeon nodded.

“It’s not Jesse that wants us to think that he’s the bad guy. It’s Jessica that wanted to vanish in the background.” They both nodded. But then, another question popped in their heads.

“The question now is… why?”

 

Boom!

 

“What was that-?!” Taeyeon fell on her knees. A familiar pain welled up from her chest.

“It’s time.” With that, Taeyeon was covered in black light as Taeng vanished from the mirror. Black wings emerged from her back and black hair replaced brown. Two eyes opened, revealing red irises instead of chocolate ones. A black-winged teenage boy now stood before the mirror while the young teenage girl was inside the mirror. Both had their backs to each other. A small fluffy creature jumped to them.

“Kyu~~!” Dan said.

“No. Protect Tiffany and Sunny instead. Do it for Taeyeon and I.” Taeng said. Dan nodded. He shifted to his human form before them. With a bow to Taeng, he retreated to the darkness and vanished.

“Taeyeon, you ready?” Taeng asked as he spreads his midnight black wings open. In the mirror, Taeyeon also spread her own wings, but they were velvet red instead of black.

“Yes. Let’s hurry and end this. Jessica is getting a beating from me.” Taeyeon declared.

“Haha. That is, if Tiffany doesn’t beat you to it.” They shared a laugh before Taeng covered himself, no, themselves with his wings and with a miraculous gust of wind in the closed room, they vanished.

 

The people in the town hall had heard the thunderous clatter. Group by group, they started boarding the evacuation vehicles. Sunny stood next to her dad.

“Sunny. I want you to board the next truck they drive in.”  Inspector Lee said firmly. However, Sunny didn’t really want to go yet.

“The others could go first. I’ll stay here with you.” Sunny argued.

“No. It’s going to be dangerous. If it rains, it will be even harder to get you the evacuation center. You have to go.” Inspector Lee said, this time louder.

“Do what he says, Sunny.” Sunny looked to the side to see Taeyeon’s grandfather and mother.

“But-”

“It’s going to be okay.” Hye In said, hoping Sunny would catch the message. When Sunny nodded, she smiled in relief. Just then, she spotted Tiffany with a woman.

“I’ll wait with Tiffany.” She said before running towards Tiffany. As she approached Tiffany, she heard the conversation.

“Have you seen her, Tiffany-ssi?” The woman asked.

“Excuse me, what’s the matter?” Sunny asked.

“Have you seen my daughter, Sunny-ssi?” Sunny realized that this woman was Yuri’s mother, Reporter Kwon.

“Ah… eh…”

“What’s the matter?” Just in time, James came in.

“Commissioner Jung! Have you seen my daughter, Kwon Yuri?”

“Don’t worry. She’s still in the town hall. I will look for her. Please stay here.” James said. Somehow, this calmed Reporter Kwon a bit so she nodded and sat down nearby. James turned to Sunny and Tiffany.

“You two, I want you to go with Hye In-ssi. Don’t worry about those two. They can handle this. If it comes to a bad point, Jungho and I will help. I’ll try to send Yuri and Yoona here as well.”

“How long is the evacuation?”

“Don’t worry. It will only be until the ritual is successful. By tomorrow morning, everything will be back to normal. It’s only noon.” Just then, a boy came along towards them.

“Oh?” Tiffany recognized him.

“Dan?” Sunny called. James placed a hand on Dan’s left shoulder.

“I trust that you’re here by those two’s request. Do your job well.” With that, James entered the town hall to go to the scene in question. Dan bowed to Sunny and Tiffany in greeting.

“It’s nice to meet you both again.”

“Look!” At that, the three of them looked to the direction of the SoShi Art Museum. There, high up in the sky, were two winged beings.

‘Taeyeon…’ Sunny thought.

‘Jessica…’ Tiffany thought.

 

On top of the town hall, Yoona and Yuri stood side by side. Within a few seconds, the door to the rooftop opened and they turned.

“Yuri. Your mom is looking for you so we have to hurry with this. Where is Jungho?” James asked.

“He said he’s on his way.” Yuri answered. Yoona was quiet for a bit before Sooyoung appeared.

“I don’t think things will get faster. Sooyoung, make them do it faster.”

“Pabo, you know my powers don’t work that way. Time is Yuri’s agenda. And we have to wait. They would have to set up the field first. If Yuri set the time faster now, even the humans here would get involved in their fight.”

“They have to hurry.” Yoona said as she looked at the direction of the art museum.

Bam!

At the sound, they turned to the door once more. Jungho had his hands on his knees, breathing heavily. He looked up. Before the others or he could speak, he brought his index finger up as if to say, ‘wait a minute.’ After a few seconds, he caught his breath and finally stood straight.

“Okay. I’m ready.”

 

Taeng was flying up in the sky. It was broad daylight and it was new for him. From the pass rituals, it usually took place at night. The fact that this one began in the morning troubled him greatly.

“Are you okay?” Taeyeon asked.

“Yeah. Just a bit troubled at all the changes.” Taeng answered. In a distance, he could feel that Jesse was already nearby.

“We’re almost there.”

“Where are we going?”

“Where all the Jung artifacts are… the SoShi Art Museum.”

When Jesse came to view, Taeng stopped flying forward. As if out of habit, Jesse did the same.

“It’s been a while since we last did this, Taeng.” Jesse said, the venom in his tone was just like when they first met.

“Let’s finish this. I’m tired already. After this, there will be no more.” Taeng tried.

“Are you kidding me? There’s no way it will end like this. I’ll be coming back.” Jesse declared. At this he flew forward.

“You’re being controlled! Can’t you see that?” Taeng shouted as he flew forward as well.

“What are you talking about? No power in this earth can control me!” Jesse voiced back as he reached in his clothes. Taeng also reached in his black attire. They both pulled out one feather corresponding to their own wings.

“Here we go again.” Taeng said before stopping. Jesse did the same. With the swing of their arm, they let go of their respective feathers. At the direction they were thrown at, the feathers met at the top of the SoShi Art Museum.

Boom!

At that, countless feathers scattered in the wind. The field was set.

 

“Now!” James ordered. Within seconds, Yuri clapped her hands together. There was a blinding light. Suddenly, time stopped. Jungho and James opened their eyes to see themselves wrapped in a sphere of light, along with Yuri, Yoona, and Sooyoung. From afar, they could see the art museum, still swarmed by the black and white feathers.

“Okay. What’s next?” Yuri asked.

“It’s my turn.” Sooyoung raised her hands in excitement. She raised both of her hands above her head and casted a mist down on the whole town. The people started moving again.

“This will make them continue with the evacuation. They won’t notice anything about the art museum and about us. Even Yuri’s mom won’t get involve with us, since she was looking for Yuri and all.” Sooyoung said as they watched the people board the evacuation vehicles.

“Wow. How did you do that?” Yoona asked.

“I made this dimension split.” Sooyoung said proudly. “After this, you can bring them back, Yoong.”

“Sweet!” Yoona cheered. Finally, every single vehicle was out of the town.

“Yoong. Hold the chamber for a bit.” Yuri requested. Yoona nodded before taking Yuri’s position, maintaining the sphere of light around them.

“Okay, James. Jungho. Please help Taeyeon and Jessica.” Jungho and James nodded at the same time. They looked at each other and smiled before being engulfed in dark and white light. And they vanished from the sphere.

“They’re going. Yoona, let the chamber down.”

“Eh? Are you sure?” Yoona asked, unsure. She looked at Sooyoung who nodded. When she brought her arms down, the chamber of light dissipated, causing a huge gust of wind to blast through town.

“Okay. The two of you, go now. I have to make sure the time spell didn’t leak out and the humans are safe.” Sooyoung said before about 15 orbs of light appeared next to her, each showing the status of the other dimensions. “Help Mr. Kim and Mr. Jung. They would need it.”

“We’re on it. Ready, Yoong.”

“Ready, Yul. Be careful, Sooyoung unnie.” With that, Yuri and Yoona transformed to their artifact forms, with Yuri in a purple attire, and Yoona in her grey one. Yuri had her staff while Yoona had her pole. They looked at each other, then to Sooyoung. They exchanged a sly grin.

“Hey, Sooyoung.” Yuri called. Sooyoung turned to them.

“Watch this.” With that, they held their hands and both glowed green and purple. When the light died down, only one person remained from where Yoona and Yuri were standing earlier.

“Jealous?” The being said, using both Yoona and Yuri’s voices, before stretching out a pair of silver wings and flying out of the town hall’s rooftop, leaving Sooyoung. She had a blank look in her face and was silent for a bit. When she finally found the right reaction, she screamed it very loudly.

“YOU SHOW OFFS! YOU TWO JUST WAIT UNTIL WE FINISH HERE. YOU’RE GOING TO GET IT!!!” Sooyoung finished by muttering under her breath some things about meeting someone.

“Sooyoung. What’s going on?” Sooyoung turned at the owner of the voice who inquired and her eyes widened in surprise.

“What are you two doing here?!”

 

There was a deafening sound as the intricately designed statue of the roof broke in two, letting out more of the feathers and light.

Jesse flew down from the top of the ceiling.

“TAENG!” He shouted, his voice echoing around the museum walls.

Taeng looked up at him as Jesse landed a punch at him. With swift and strong hands, he easily stopped the attack.

“Stop already!” Taeng said. Jesse smirked.

“Maybe it’s you that should stop.” Jesse said before his caught fist started glowing. He shot a light blast to Taeng, hitting him in the stomach.

“Tsk!” Taeng winced, his hand going over the wound. He looked up at Jesse with wide eyes as the white angel was again on the offense.

“Taeng, watch out!” Taeyeon warned. This time, Taeng centered a bit of his power on his hands. Jesse shot another blast, which was readily caught by Taeng in his hands.

‘It’s strong. What’s going on?’ Taeng thought.

“It’s strong? Can’t you shoot it back?” Taeyeon asked.

“Good idea!” Taeng said with a smirk before twisting his body and letting Jesse’s light blast to return to him. He was hit in his right arm, missing his wings by a centimeter. At the impact, Jesse flew back a distance from Taeng to inspect himself. There was a burn on his arm up to his shoulder, his sleeves torn.

“I see you have some tricks under your sleeves.” Jesse said, clearly amused. “I guess it would not be fun if the same old things happen again right?”

“If you won’t enter the Saekgeu Wings with me now, then the ritual would not begin.” Jesse let out a laugh.

“Then let us enter it together shall we?” Jesse held out a white feather in his hand. “Who brings who is the question.”

“I will be the one to bring you once more.” Taeng declared as he flew toward Jesse in a speed.

“We will see about that!” Jesse said, flying away from Taeng, blasting through the floor of the art museum, revealing the underground passageway.

With agility and swiftness, they flew underground. Jesse, finding the old wall, covered by still torn and tattered linen, stopped before it. Taeng followed shortly after, still charging towards him. Jesse threw the feather he had in his hand toward the wall and suddenly, Taeyeon’s painting appeared before it.

“What?!” Taeng exclaimed as the painting shined brightly, turning the wall into a large black canvas.

“Taeng! What is this?”

“He just used your painting to open the gate to the Saekgeu Wings.” Taeng said unbelievingly.

“Surprised? Well, you better be.” Jesse charged at the fazed Taeng, morphing a light blast to a sword-like weapon.

“Taeng!” Taeyeon called again. Taeng snapped out of his surprise, realizing that Jesse is almost near him and avoiding would cause him to lose one of his wings.

‘Hold on, Taeyeon.’ He thought, warning Taeyeon. With that, the weapon pierced through Taeng.

“Argh!” Taeyeon felt it. She felt herself vanishing from the darkness.

“…Tae…yeon…” That was all Taeng could breathe out before Jesse withdrew the weapon, allowing Taeng to fall on the floor of the room. Jesse let himself down the ground and approached Taeng. He looked at him for a bit before placing his foot down on Taeng’s shoulder.

“I am not surprised that you are still alive.” He said, finding Taeng glaring at him.

“Well, this one will surely end you and your tamer.” Jesse said before more blades of light appeared from behind him. He stepped back and stared down at Taeng coldly.

“Goodbye.” At that, the blades surged forward to their target.

 

There was a bright room.

“Where am I?” Taeyeon asked no one in particular as she stood in the middle of it. Looking around, she found someone sitting on a white chair designed with a pair of wings.

“Jessica?” She called out. Jessica turned with a surprised look on her face.

“What are you doing here?”

“Where are we?” Taeyeon asked, wanting to know.

“We are in Jesse’s mind. When Taeng is using your body, you are usually in a dark place right? This is my own, with Jesse.” Jessica explained. “Jesse’s attack on Taeng must’ve shocked the two of you and you got in here. Don’t worry. I’ll push you back to Taeng now.”

“Wait, Jessica. I have things to ask you.”

“Me? What is it?”

“What are you doing right now?”

“Huh? What do you mean?”

“Taeng and I… we know that the tamer can control Taeng and Jesse. The way Jesse is acting right now… are you behind it?” Taeyeon asked, unsure, not wanting to know the answer yet yearning to hear it. After a few seconds as if used to contemplate, Jessica answered.

“Yes.”

 

“Sunny! Tiffany! What are you two doing here? You should have been with the crowd!” Sooyoung exclaimed.

“Don’t worry. Dan is here. What happened?” Tiffany said before jumping right to the question.

“Dan! You’re supposed to keep them safe with the humans. Taeyeon’s mom would worry about them.”

“It’s alright. She gave them permission and entrusted them to me.” Dan said, casting a field around Sooyoung, Sunny and Tiffany. Sooyoung sighed.

“Fine. But if any of them get angry to you, don’t hide behind me or the others.”

“I’ll take full responsibility.”

“Sooyoung, what is going on?”

“Right now. They are having a war.”

“A war?! What should we do?”

“Right now, all I ask of you is to stay here and wait.” Sooyoung said to Tiffany and Sunny before turning to Dan. “Be on guard.”

 

“Taeng!” Taeng opened his eyes at the call of his name and his eyes widened. Before him was an angel like him, only with silver wings, deflecting the attacks of the blade with a purple shield.

“Who…”

“Oppa, don’t you recognize us?” Yoona’s voice asked.

“Yoona?! And Yuri?! This is your complete form?!” Taeng exclaimed.

“Yes. Now stay still.” With that, the being deflected the attack back to Jesse, who didn’t even faze at the return.

“Why are you two here now?” Jesse asked, clearly irritated.

“We’re here to help end this curse. And if you’re not going to cooperate, we will work together to make sure you do anyway.” Yuri’s voice declared confidently. “Yoona, let’s separate for now. Heal Taeng while I hold Jesse off.”

Light shined again and Yoona and Yuri separated.

“Three versus one. Don’t you think that’s a little unfair?” Jesse said as if victimized but the smile on his face said otherwise. Suddenly, two clones appeared next to Jesse. This alarmed Yuri and Yoona.

“What is this?”

 

“Yes. I am the one behind it all.” Jessica answered.

 “Why?” Taeyeon asked.

“This is for everyone. I’m doing this for everyone, especially Jesse.” Jessica said, making her way to sit back on the chair, this time, facing Taeyeon.

“How is it going to benefit anyone?!”

“There are only two ways to end this. Either one of us get sealed with the Saekgeu Wings or for Taeng and Jesse to be sealed.” Taeyeon immediately ruled out the first option and asked for the second one.

“Weren’t Taeng and Jesse sealed before?”

“Technically, yes. But, do you know why they came back? It’s because their powers remained in this world.”

“What do you mean?”

“They came back here to us. We were chosen, not because Taeng and Jesse wanted us, but because their power got transferred to us even before we were born.”

“How can that happen?” Taeyeon asked, confused.

“When your father had performed the ritual, he lent all of his power to Taeng. To completely seal Taeng or Jesse, their tamer must give all their power back to them so there is no way for them to be drawn out from the Saekgeu Wings. My father found out at the last minute that Jesse’s power was not complete. The past rituals became incomplete.” Jessica paused.

“Why were we chosen then?”

“Because before Taeng was sealed, the power your father lent him didn’t get sealed with him. Your father’s power transferred on to you. After all, you are a Kim. Even if Taeng didn’t appear in you, you would still have been special. Mine, on the other hand, is a bit more complicated.”

“Complicated… is it because of Sooyeon?” Taeyeon asked once again. Jessica nodded.

“That’s right. That night before the ritual, Jesse met with Sooyeon who only had hours left. You saw it, didn’t you? Jesse’s past?” Taeyeon nodded. “Jesse transferred his powers to her instead. And that power, she passed on to me. Of course, she did pass away that night the minute Jesse was sealed, due to the fact that he only depended on the power of the current Jung at that time.”

“That doesn’t explain why you are letting Jesse act like this.” Taeyeon demanded an answer.

“That’s because I’m sealing myself in place of him.”

“Why?!”

“Because there is no way that I’m sealing him just so I can live in this world. And he lost the chance to live before! To be with the one he loves-”

“Then you’re going to lose Tiffany!” At that, Jessica became quiet. She spoke after a couple of minutes.

“She has a better chance to live a normal life then. I’m sure he will be able to love her just as I do.”

Step. Step. Step. Jessica looked up at the sound of Taeyeon walking closer to her.

 

Slap!

 

Jessica looked back at Taeyeon, her cheek red from the contact.

“Pabo! What about us? Your friends? Your father? If not for Tiffany, do it for yourself! Fine! Why don’t you ask Jesse what he thinks about this? The only reason Jesse is fighting Taeng out there right now is because of you!” Jessica didn’t speak. She seemed to be contemplating things. Jessica raised her hand in Taeyeon’s direction and suddenly, Taeyeon was out of the white room. She looked around before sitting once again in the chair. She was silent for a bit before she closed her eyes.

 

“He’s gotten stronger. I caught his blasts a while ago and they managed to burn my hands.” Taeng explained, showing his still red hands.

“Well, shall we continue?” At that, Jesse and the copies attacked them. Yuri and Yoona couldn’t fuse at the moment so they were forced to fight the copies individually.

“Are you insane?! Using that too much power-”

“If it will allow me to seal you, then I wouldn’t mind dying now!”  

“Stop!” Suddenly, Jesse and the copies froze. Yuri and Yoona stopped as well, seeing as their opponents started disintegrating. Taeng painfully flew himself away from Jesse.

“Taeng!”

“Taeyeon! You’re okay!” Taeng exclaimed.

“It’s okay now.” Taeyeon said as she let Taeng know of the talk between her and Jessica through her mind. After a quick scan, Taeng nodded and prepared himself. His wings opened wide and he flew himself fast to the still unfocused Jesse.

“Hey, Taeyeon.”

“Yeah?”

“Thanks for everything.”

“I’m grateful, too. So don’t forget.”

“I won’t forget.” Taeng said as he felt his fist come in contact with Jesse’s abdomen. Jesse stiffened at the pain. Taeng used his wings to cut Jesse’s.

“Argh!” Jesse shouted in pain. Taeng wrapped his wings around the two of them, forming a ball of light that stopped before the black canvas-like wall. Jesse, who finally snapped out of his trance, looked back at Taeng.

“Taeng…” He began but didn’t continue. Taeng didn’t even bother putting restraints on Jesse unlike all the other times. Slowly, the darkness started swallowing Jesse and Taeng vanished in the darkness too.

 

When she felt a familiar pain in her chest, Jessica opened her eyes. She found Jesse finally facing her, his eyes wide with surprise.

“I told you to stop.” Jessica began.

“Master Jessica…” Jesse collapsed before Jessica. “Why now? Why did you have to open everything to me now?”

“Well, what do you think?”

“I… prefer that it would be me than you, Master Jessica. I can’t live without you.” Jesse sobbed, shaking his head.

“Are you sure?” Jessica asked.

“Yes.” Jesse answered. “If it is for me that you did all of this, then for me… live happily.” With that answer, Jessica placed her hands on his cheek and raised his head.

“…” She mouthed words to him, not a sound was heard. He held Jessica’s hands tenderly. But as soon as she finished, for the first time since then, Jesse felt tears falling on his face. He cried.

 

In the dark room, Taeng and Jesse stood before together. Taeng was being held by Jungho while James held Jesse. The four of them had their corresponding wings. When Jungho and James let them go, they had golden restraints around their body.

“I guess this is really goodbye huh?” Jungho asked, placing his hand on Taeng’s shoulder. His hand glowed, signaling the power transfer. James nodded, doing the same with Jesse. When the transfusion was done, everything disappeared. Jungho and James were ejected from the dark room and they were back at the museum.

“Taeyeon?” Jungho called out while James looked around for his daughter.

“Appa.” Taeyeon answered to his call, beside her was Jessica. Taeyeon hugged her father while it was James that hugged Jessica, though awkwardly, returned the hug.

“It’s finally over.” Yuri said, slumping down on the ground while Yoona kneeled next to her. Yoona smiled, relieved that Yuri was okay. She placed her hands on Yuri’s shoulder to massage the soreness. Suddenly, a sphere of light appeared in the room.

“Guys!” Sooyoung called out.

“Sooyoung unnie! We did it!” Yoona shouted in enthusiasm.

“Taeyeon!” Taeyeon turned to see Sunny behind Sooyoung with Tiffany and Dan.

“Sunny!” She ran to Sunny and embraced her. She slightly moved away so she could see Sunny clearly. She smiled before leaning in. Sunny blushed, a bit of a panicky look on her face. With a free hand, she grabbed Dan, who was already in his rabbit form.

 

Juk~!

 

“Eh?! Sunny~~ Give me a kiss!” Taeyeon whined at the discovery once she opened her eyes to which Sunny laughed and Dan covered his eyes with his long ears. Tiffany made her way to Jessica with a smile.

“I’m glad you’re sa-!”Tiffany was surprised at Jessica, who pulled her into an embrace.

“Jessi?” She thought something was wrong.

“I love you.” Jessica suddenly said. Tiffany blushed. Jessica pulled away with a smile on her face. Flustered, Tiffany hit Jessica lightly.

“Y-y-ya! This isn’t the place for a confession!” Tiffany said, not knowing what else to say. Jessica just smiled at her, causing Tiffany to smile as well. She just kissed Jessica at the cheek, giving her answer.

 “Oh! Yul, Unnies, look at that!” Yoona shouted, gaining everyone’s attention. Their eyes widened.

In the giant canvas, the blue sky with the light white clouds gave the feeling of peace. There was a mountain top where two beings were at. One was a white-winged angel who was sitting like a gentleman, smiling, dressed in a simple white robe. His blonde hair shined brightly and his somewhat folded, snow-white wings glistened as if it was real. The other was a black-winged angel who stood proudly, with a smirk on his face. His midnight black wings were spread open, also looking as if glistened by water that made it look real, complementing his simple black robe.

“Hey, Taeyeon. Do you know why my ancestor made the Saekgeu Wings?” Jessica suddenly asked.

“Why?”

“He wanted to give it to your ancestor as a gift.”

 

2 Years Later

“Unnie!” A kid on a ship shouted as it came to a complete stop.

“Eun-kyu! Did you have a safe trip?” Sunny asked as her little sister gave her a hug.

“Mm! I think I saw some dolphins on the way here.” Eun-kyu smiled as she started talking about her school and how she’s only two years away before she can stay in the island to attend Sunny’s school.

“Now, Eun-kyu, aren’t you forgetting anything?” A woman said as she walked towards Sunny and Eun-kyu.

“Umma, you’re here!” Sunny shouted as she made her way to her mother.

“Of course. There’s no way I will miss my daughter’s graduation. It’s tomorrow right?” Sunny nodded.

“Unnie! Hurry, let’s go.” Eun-kyu said, clearly excited about something.

“Alright.” Sunny answered with a smile. They walked from the dock to a familiar neighborhood. Suddenly remembering something, Mrs. Lee poked her daughter’s side.

“So where is that special girl you’ve been talking about?”

“Oh! You mean Taeyeon? We’re going to her house after we stop at Dad’s.”

“We can go to his house later. Ask him to pick us up at Taeyeon’s house.” Her mom said.

“Ya! I’m right here.” Inspector Lee suddenly said. Mrs. Lee turned to see her husband.

“Omo! Sunny’s appa~ when did you get here?” Mrs. Lee said jokingly. The Lee family shared a laugh.

Just as they turn a corner, Eun-kyu ran immediately.

“Omo! Eun-kyu! Soon-kyu, where is your sister going?”

“Ah, she’s probably going to the Oppa she met a few years ago.” They saw a young boy on the front door of a nearby house. Eun-kyu was shorter than him and he was smiling bright at her. Eun-kyu has a blush on her face while she talked to him. After a few minutes, she immediately pointed to where the Lee family was and he looked in their direction.

“Oh, Miss Sunny, welcome back.” He welcomed.

“I already told you to leave the ‘miss’ part already, Dan.” Sunny said but she still smiled. “Where’s Taeyeon?”

“Oh, she’s in the house. Miss Jessica, Miss Tiffany, and Miss Yuri came over. Do you want me to call them?” He asked.

“No need. I’ll bring Taeyeon out.” Sunny said to Dan. She turned to her mom. “Umma, do you want to come with me?”

“I’ll follow you in a bit.” Mrs. Lee said. Sunny nodded before coming in.

“Eun-kyu, come help Appa with the stuff. We’ll be back here once we put all your stuffs back in the house.” Inspector Lee said. Eun-kyu had a pout on her face but helped her dad with the stuff. When they were gone, Mrs. Lee turned to Dan.

“Young man, what’s your name?”

“Ah, Annyeonghaseyo. I’m Daniel. Kang Daniel.”

“And how old are you?” Just then, Sunny walked out with Taeyeon. Both of them heard the question and started panicking.

“Ah! Um. Umma! This is-”

“I’m five hundred and two years old.” Dan answered innocently with a smile.

“Ah…” Taeyeon didn’t know how to react. She and Sunny watched Mrs. Lee’s reaction. They were surprised when she laughed and hugged Dan.

“Omo~ Such a cute face!” She said. Sunny and Taeyeon sighed in relief while Dan only looked as innocent as he is always.

“And this is the special girl~ Ah! Such a kidlike face.” Mrs. Lee hugged Taeyeon. Taeyeon looked at Sunny, smiling a bit while Sunny looked at her apologetically. A few seconds later, Eun-kyu appeared once again.

“Taeyeon unnie! Umma, I have to hug unnie too! I haven’t seen her in two years!” Eun-kyu jumped at Taeyeon and hugged her.

“Ya! I can understand mom but you can’t hug her like that! Hug Dan or something.” Sunny said, pulling Taeyeon from Eun-kyu. Eun-kyu only gave her a sly grin before going over to Dan and pulling him inside the house. Taeyeon smiled at Sunny’s behavior.

“My Soon-kyu is getting jealous over her sister.” Mrs. Lee laughed at her daughter.

“I’m Kim Taeyeon. It’s nice to finally meet you, Mrs. Lee.” Taeyeon introduced herself.

“Likewise.” They shook hands.

 

A/N: It’s done. How is it? I hope everything was clear. Actually, I was planning on ending it on the scene with the canvas and why the Saekgeu Wings was made but I figured that maybe an ending with Dan and Eun-kyu and the others would be okay too.

Thank you for being with me throughout the story. From now on, I’ll only be working with DoRS until I think of another story. There’s a new one in my mind right now but maybe I’ll finish DoRS first before I start with it. I need a more solid plot and ideas. My idea notebook needs more organization. Hehe.

See you all around. Oh! I’m not sure when DoRS will be updated but if you guys wait a bit more, look forward to it. My twisted mind just came up with all these crazy scenarios. ^-^v