Stage 15: Betrayal? Are you my rival?

DP: KT Angel

Taeyeon woke up with a smile on her face. She was finally back in her own world and without any moment to waste, she jumped from her bed to get ready for school. After showering and getting dressed, she went to her desk to check her stuff. She looked at her notes and homework which were done by Taeng. She noticed that he must have done them in class as he was studying.

“Taeng. Thanks for this.” She said out loud.

“What for?” Taeng’s voice asked.

“You tried your best to do my work right? And the notes you took are good.” Taeyeon answered, complimenting the thief. She could hear a laugh echoing her head.

“That’s right! I took the best notes. You could compare them even to the Sergeant.” Taeyeon could only smile at Taeng’s egotistic attitude. Taeyeon picked up her things and went down to the living room. She grabbed a piece of toast and went straight for the door. She stopped to wear her shoes. She held the piece of toast with her right hand while her left carried her bag and swung it by her back.

“I’m going!” She said before going out. She paused to see Jessica on the corner in front of their house.

“Oh, Jessica? Good Morning.” Taeyeon greeted.

“You’re up early. Let’s go to school together.” Jessica said. Taeyeon nodded happily and started walking with the Jung. The walk wasn’t that long nor was it spent in talking. They walked in silence yet they did not feel awkwardness. Soon, the gates became visible and were they confused with the sight that welcomed them. A boy first walked up to them.

“Ms. Jung, I am happy that you have found someone. Please accept this, the both of you.” The boy handed the two confused girls two bouquets of flowers. Taeyeon and Jessica both raised their brows. The boy left with a bow.

“What did he just say?” Jessica asked Taeyeon who was equally confused. On the corner of Taeyeon’s eyes, she noticed a familiar face and turned immediately.

“Good Morning, Sunny!” Taeyeon greeted too happily because she didn’t see the girl for a whole day. Not seeing Sunny on the weekends was not like not seeing her for a whole day because she was in another dimension.

However, her smile broke when Sunny walked passed her.

“Sunny?” She whispered softly, hoping that that didn’t just happen.

“What’s the matter with her?” Jessica asked, now a bit concerned about what happened to Sunny and Taeyeon.

“Sunny…” Taeyeon whispered sadly again. Jessica was about to push Taeyeon so they could go to class when her eyes met with someone else’s. She kept her stoic face like the usual but she couldn’t help but wonder when the girl blushed and ran off to Sunny’s side. Jessica thought that it was weird but she wasn’t supposed to care so she focused back on Taeyeon.

“Ya. Are you okay?” Jessica asked, putting a hand on Taeyeon’s shoulder which made the girl look at her. Taeyeon sighed before nodding.

Class was horrible for Taeyeon. Sunny wouldn’t speak to her at all. She tried to start a conversation but Sunny would give her a “we’ll be late for class” or “I’m busy right now.” Sunny wouldn’t give her a bright smile anymore. And this was really causing turmoil in Taeyeon’s heart.

It was lunch time once again. Taeyeon and Jessica were eating outside again. Taeyeon was staring off into space, then her eyes started becoming teary. Jessica was a bit shocked to see this and panicked.

“Ya! Why are you crying?” Jessica said with a rather high pitched voice. She is not used to seeing anyone cry. Even when she saw Tiffany cry for her then, she didn’t handle it very well.

“It’s just… *sniff* It’s just…” A tear escapes from Taeyeon’s eyes and Jessica was about to say something when Taeng cut in.

“Ya! What did you do?” Taeng’s voice echoed in both their heads.

“I didn’t do anything. She just started tearing up!” Jessica argued. ‘Why am I hearing him anyway?’

“You can hear me because you’re not locking me out. Now before you do, listen to me.” Taeng said. Jessica and Taeyeon quieted down, though sniffles were still being heard from Taeyeon.

“There was a rumor, okay? Jesse and I went to school together so we can discuss things we are supposed to do once we get to school. I wasn’t used to using Taeyeon’s body so I kind of tripped. Jesse caught me. It was perfectly nice and normal. I’m sure the Sergeant would do the same.” Before Jessica could answer, Taeng continued again.

“A rumor started and I tried talking to Sunny but I end up failing. I’m sorry I forgot to tell you.” Taeng apologized. Taeyeon shook her head and wiped her tears away.

“It’s okay. I’ll handle it somehow.” Jessica thought for a bit.

“How about meeting her after school?” Jessica suggested. Just then, a familiar face came in.

“Good Morning, Taeyeon, Jessica. Back to yourselves now?” Yuri whispered the last part. Jessica nodded but Taeyeon seemed to be spacing out again. Yuri looked at her in confusion but noticed where she was looking so she only shook her head.

“Is she thinking about Sunny?” Yuri asked. Jessica looked at her.

“I know what happened.” Taeyeon said sadly.

“Oh, so you’re aware that Sunny is mad at you because you two are dating.”

“What?!” Taeyeon and Jessica exclaimed. Yuri scratched her cheek nervously.

“I have to clear this up.” Taeyeon said before running off to class. Jessica looked at Yuri.

“What?” Yuri asked. Jessica stared.

“Why didn’t you clear it out?” Yuri thought about it for a bit.

“I told you. I only learned about it when your other selves told me about it.”

“Oh.” It was now Yuri’s turn to stare at Jessica. Jessica stared back.

“What?”

 

Taeyeon was now in class. Sunny was sitting in front of her. The teacher was not there. It was study hall for the last class of the day.

“Sunny…” She tried calling.

“What do you want, Taeyeon? I’m studying right now.” Sunny said without looking at Taeyeon. Her grip on her pencil was very tight but Taeyeon didn’t notice since she was happy that Sunny finally spoke to her.

“It’s a big misunderstanding. It was just a rumor. Jessica and I are not dating. Something happened yesterday and we weren’t ourselves and-” Taeyeon tried explaining.

“Why are you telling me this?” Sunny suddenly cut in, still not looking at Taeyeon.

“Eh?” Taeyeon stopped. Sunny turned to Taeyeon, their eyes meeting.

“You don’t have to explain. You don’t understand anything, Taeyeon. I-”

Ding! Dong! Ding! Dong!

Sunny didn’t continue. The both of them were standing up. Taeyeon was looking at Sunny while the other was looking away.  

“Sunny…” Taeyeon tried calling again, hoping to start something.

“I… have to go.” That was all Sunny said before she packed her stuff, leaving Taeyeon. Jessica and Yuri saw this. Yuri went close to Taeyeon and placed a hand on her shoulder. Taeyeon just looked at her sadly before looking back to where Sunny had been. Jessica was looking at Taeyeon sadly as well until someone bumped into her.

“Oh, sorry!” Jessica turned to see Tiffany. She didn’t even have any time to say anything though because the girl left right away. She sighed and when she felt eyes on her, she saw Yuri was staring at her.

“What?” Yuri just shook her head.

“You two better fix this by tomorrow. Call me if you guys need help.” Yuri said before carrying her stuff outside, pushing the still depressed Taeyeon while Jessica gathered Taeyeon’s stuff and went out the classroom.

 

It was night time. Taeyeon tried but she failed. When she tried to talk to Sunny after school, the girl didn’t even spare her a glance. Taeyeon was not mad nor was she angry about how Sunny has been. She just wants Sunny again. The old Sunny who was not angry or cold at her and the one who made her heart flutter by just looking at those beautiful brown eyes and smiling, that was the Sunny she wanted to meet again. Taeyeon turned to her side as she lay in her bed.

“Going to sleep?” She heard Taeng’s voice.

“Yeah. I’m tired.” With that, she fell into a deep slumber. In her sleep was the only place she can think about it and clear her head.

A few hours later, Taeyeon rose up in the middle of the night. Eyes opened, revealing a pair of red ones. They looked around. A small bunny-like creature was on the bed. It stirred, revealing a pair of similar red eyes.

“Dan. Lend me your powers.” Dan’s red eyes narrowed before he closed his eyes. His white fur turned into black and he disappeared in the darkness. Shadows made its way to Taeyeon’s back and when they settled, forming a pair of strong black wings, Taeng was out with his black suit that he always wears during his heists. Taeng opened Taeyeon’s window and skillfully made his way on top of the roof. He flapped his wings and he was up at the sky in a few minutes, the midnight sky masking his presence. He felt the cool night air on his face and he closed his eyes, his wings gliding in the air. In a few minutes, his eyes saw a familiar veranda. He flew down gently, careful not to make any sound. He checked to see if the window was opened. He was not surprised to see that it was locked.

He peered in. There was only darkness. He listened closely. Someone was crying. Taeng looked in closer again and he saw a figure on the bed, face buried on a pillow. He knocked on the window gently. He was glad to hear that the crying stopped momentarily and the figure looked up. He waved slightly and stepped back as soon as the figure started going to the window.

“Good Evening, Sunny.” He greeted. Sunny nodded before going out to the veranda herself.

“Hi, Taeng…” Sunny returned the greeting, wiping her eyes that were still tearing.

“Why are you crying?” Taeng asked as if he didn’t know why. It would cause less suspicion anyway and no one was supposed to find out who he really is. Sunny let out a sad laugh.

“Oh, it’s nothing. I’m just crying over something really stupid…” Sunny said as she continued wiping her tears.

“Do you want to tell me about it?” Taeng asked, taking Sunny’s hand in his. Sunny seemed to think about it for a while. She withdrew her hand from Taeng’s.

“It’s pretty silly. I don’t think you’ll be interested.” Sunny answered with a weak smile. Taeng’s eye brows furrowed.

“I can spare time for you, no matter how silly it is.” Sunny looked at Taeng for a while and Taeng only smiled. Sunny sighed, letting out a deep breath.

“It’s about a friend of mine.” Sunny stood up and went in her room. Taeng waited and soon she came out with a picture frame. Sunny showed it to him. He saw a familiar scene, a little Taeyeon and a little Sunny.

“We met for the first time at this very time. It was late at night and I always wonder about the sounds I hear. I knew there was someone crying, shedding tears because they can no longer be kept in. I went out and I saw her. She was crying. She was crying because her father left and hasn’t returned. I wanted to make her smile but she didn’t stop crying. I ran back here to get my father’s camera. My father always told me that no matter what, I should smile for the camera. As a child, I believed that people always smiled for the camera so I went back to her.” Sunny paused before letting out a chuckle.

“I told her, “I have a camera. You always have to smile in front of a camera. So smile.” I thought I was going to fail so I took the picture with her so I would make her smile.” Sunny paused again. Taeng was listening intently.

“I didn’t think about this before. I only remembered now. I saw the picture on my desk and also, I’m the one who is crying now. I’m crying because… I don’t know. Even I don’t know.” Tears fell again and Taeng moved closer to Sunny to embrace her.

“I’ve acted so badly towards her yesterday and today. I saw the hurt in her eyes every time she looked at me but for some reason, I wanted that.” Sunny didn’t reject the embrace.

“Why?” Taeng asked.

“What?” Sunny didn’t understand.

“Do you know why you wanted to see her hurt?” Sunny shook her head.

“I don’t know why I wanted that. I don’t even know why I’m crying over her. We are just friends.”

“Sunny… you wanted to see her hurt because you were hurting too. You were jealous weren’t you?” Taeng felt Sunny froze in his embrace but he didn’t let go.

“Listen to me.” She started struggling.

“No. If I am jealous because she’s dating someone… then I…” Sunny’s eyes widened. Taeng nodded with a smile.

“No. That can’t be… If I… then why does it hurt so much?” Sunny cried again. Taeng looked at her sadly.

“Why don’t you go after her then?” Sunny shook her head.

“She’s already dating someone. I have no chance. I will just get hurt in the end.” Taeng let go of her so he could look at her properly. He stared straightly at her eyes.

“Then, will you let me?” Taeng asked, confusing Sunny.

“What do you mean?” Taeng moved closer to Sunny. He caressed her tear-stained cheeks and looked deep in her eyes.

“Will you let me remove the pain away?” Sunny looked at him still confused. Taeng leaned in and their lips met.

“I… Sunny…” With that, something was cut off.

Taeng’s eyes were closed while Sunny’s were still slightly open. She was about to close her eyes when Taeyeon’s hurt expression flashed before her eyes. Then her tears fell down again. Taeng moved away.

“Sunny?” He asked worriedly. Sunny shook her head.

“It’s not you, Taeng. I… I’m sorry. I’m really sorry. But I… I…” Taeng gave her a knowing look as she cried once again. He embraced her again.

“It’s okay. I’m sorry. I shouldn’t have.” He let her go. He opened his wings widely.

“Sunny. People get hurt all the time. It’s up to those people whether they will stand back up or not. In this case, I’m sure that if you fall, she’ll catch you.” Sunny looked at him and wiped her tears.

“If she doesn’t, will you?” Sunny asked. Taeng looked at her confusingly.

“What?”

“Tell me. I know I’m being selfish right now but tell me. Will you catch me if she doesn’t?” She stared at him. Taeng suddenly thought of Taeyeon. He turned his back away from her.

“Yes.” He said lastly, before flying away, disappearing in the night.

 

A/N: I decided to cut it here, guys. What do you guys think? JeTi will be on the next chapter, I guess.

Thank you for leaving the comments and staying with me. I appreciate it guys. I think this story also got an upvote right? Thank you very much, yyyuile. I hope I don’t disappoint you. ^^

My mood affected my writing for the first time. I didn’t plan on this sad chapter. I’m listening to Taeyeon’s And One and the song is intensifying the feeling.

Well, I’ll see you guys on the next update. Tomorrow or the next day. ^-^v