Stage 06: Where the dark and the light meet

DP: KT Angel

One afternoon, Shi Dae High School

 

Taeyeon was in the computer lab. The doors were locked and the windows were shut. The lights were open but it didn't entirely light up the room well. Nevertheless, she was still doing some research. After spending a few minutes in the database, she found what she was looking for.

 

"Here it is." Taeyeon said.

 

Jessica Jung's files opened up and Taeyeon marveled at it. According to it, Jessica graduated high school at the age of eight.

 

'Wow...' Taeyeon thought. Jessica also got a degree that allowed and given her the position of Sergeant of the Taeng Cases.

 

"Hm. You're interested in me that much?" A voice behind her said.

 

"Ah! Jessica, you're here." Taeyeon exited the windows.

 

"You're so focused on my profile that you didn't even hear me enter."

 

"Hehe. I'm sure I locked the door."

 

"Well, I got a few tricks on my own but not as many as you have." Taeyeon laughed nervously as she stood from her chair.

 

"It's getting late. I better go now."

 

"You're leaving already? See you tomorrow, I guess." Jessica bid her farewell. As Taeyeon was about to exit the room, she whispered quietly.

 

"Or tonight..."

 

"Huh? Did you say something?" Jessica shook her head and smiled at Taeyeon.

 

"No. Go on. I'll just stay for a bit." Once Taeyeon was out of sight, Jessica sat before the computer and entered through the windows Taeyeon accessed a while ago. She saw her profile.

 

"I shouldn't underestimate her. She knows a lot about me through this."

 

 

 

The next morning

 

"Oh, sorry!" Taeyeon said as she realized that he just bumped into Jessica who was carrying a clipboard with boxes full of wires.

 

"It's fine. No harm done." Jessica said as she picked the wires and place them neatly back in the boxes.

 

"I have to replace the fuse on the auditorium stage." Jessica said to Taeyeon.

 

"I'll help. I should return the favor."

 

They got in the auditorium. Taeyeon quickly made her way to the fuse box at the sides of the auditorium. Jessica was checking the sound systems and inventories.

 

"So how come you're stuck with this job?"

 

"Hm?" Jessica asked as she listed.

 

"Shouldn't this be the engineer's job?" Jessica didn't answer but she did chuckle. Seeing as she probably won't get an answer, Taeyeon decided to switch the question.

 

"So why are you still here?"

 

"What do you mean?" Taeyeon looked at Jessica.

 

"Well, you already have a degree. Why are you still in high school?"

 

"Oh, that. Nothing. I don't know. I guess, I just want to know what it feels like to live normally." Silence.

 

"Jessica, where can I get another fuse? This one burned out." Taeyeon asked her. Since she has the inventory list, Jessica looked and gave her the ones she needs.

 

"I'll get it." She made her way through the boxes and looked for the boxes with the new fuses. Finding one, she took it from the box and closed it.

 

"Here." Jessica stood up and her eyes saw through a window. There, her eyes saw two individuals running around the track. She knows them very well, especially one with the beautiful eyes smile. A small smile made its way subconsciously at her face. Then she realized this mistake.

 

"Taeyeon!" Taeyeon jumped, surprised by Jessica's voice suddenly calling her.

 

"Quick! Get away."

 

"Jessica?" Taeyeon was worried.

 

"Just go! I don't need your help." Jessica coldly said.

 

"What's happening?" Jessica didn't answer her. Taeyeon moved closer to Jessica, who was bracing her herself as she kneeled on the floor.

 

"Just go away. I don't need you." Jessica shouted at her.

 

"What's the matter with you?"

 

"Don't try to understand me! I don't want to be friends with you!" Jessica shouted.

 

"What?! What are you saying?" Taeyeon was very confused. A while ago, Jessica seems pretty open and nice to her, now she was being very hostile with her words. Taeyeon approached Jessica.

 

"Hey... Come on. I'll take you to the clinic." She tried helping Jessica up but she was pushed hardly.

 

"Don't think of becoming my friend. Don't you know that were- Ah!" Jessica curled in pain as Taeyeon watched from where she was pushed.

 

"Taeyeon, hurry up. You'll get in trouble!"

 

"But I can't just leave her."

 

"Aish! Quickly, change. He's coming out!"

 

"He? Who?"

 

"It's-"

 

"Agh!" Taeyeon turned to see that Jessica was glowing. It was a blue light. She could see white feathers appearing from nowhere and soon, white wings sprouted from Jessica's back. Jessica's black hair suddenly turned blonde, leaving a few locks of black. As for the length that originally only came in between her scapula they ended just at her shoulders. It was tied neatly so there was no stray hair down. Then, as the young man before them opened his eyes, Taeyeon saw, not Jessica's brown ones, but ocean blues.

 

"It's nice to meet you again, Kim Taeng." The white-winged young man said.

 

"He knows you?!" Taeyeon asked Taeng.

 

"Quickly! Taeyeon!" Taeyeon nodded. She thought of Sunny's smiling face. Soon after, Taeng was out.

 

"Jung Jesse."

 

"It's nice of you to remember my name." Jesse smiled as he stared at Taeng. They were opposite. Compared to Jesse's a bit longer hair, Taeng's hair was not long at all. They both had bangs but Jesse's was kept neatly. Taeng's was more of unruly but it was still nicely arranged. While Jesse wore white, overcoat, under can be found white robes lined gold and blue, Taeng was wearing Taeyeon's gym clothes. It composed of a white shirt and sweatpants. And lastly, while Taeng's wings weren't with him, since Dan wasn't there, Jesse's wings were out in the open.

 

"I've come to capture you." Jesse held a white feather in her fingers and it glowed. She used her free hand to direct the shot. She aimed at Taeng. Taeng managed to avoid it. The shot was not very visible but it's not entirely invisible. Once the shot hit one of the cords in the auditorium, there were explosions, creating craters on the walls and floors. The supplies were burned and destroyed as Jesse fired different shots at Taeng's evading form. He smirked.

 

"Don't you care about controlling your bearer's body?" Taeng shouted at him as he continued evading.

 

"I'm going to get this body in the end anyway. That's what Master Jessica is for." As soon as those words left his mouth, he heard a voice.

 

"Taeyeon?!" Taeng turned at the auditorium's door. It was still locked and closed, intact. But he could recognize that voice anywhere. Seeing as Taeng was distracted, Jesse shot at him and hit him.

 

"Argh!" Taeng shouted in pain. But it seems like hearing the voice is making Taeng change. When Taeng exclaimed in pain, not only was his voice present but Taeyeon's as well.

 

"Taeyeon!" Sunny's voice called out again. Jesse smirked. Then he heard another voice.

 

"Jessica!" At this, he froze.

 

"Stop! You can control my body another time. But today is not that day!" Jesse stopped and Taeng saw this as an opportunity. Jesse's appearance was starting to change. One of Jesse's eyes were no longer ocean blue but that of Jessica's familiar brown ones.

 

"You let your guard down." Taeng pulled out a feather and used it to attack Jesse. Jesse blocked the attack, creating an overwhelming, bright light force.

 

"I'm afraid I have to go now. But I must say. This reunion had gone pretty well. See you again." Jesse threw one last look at the doors before he vanished.

 

 

 

Sunny and Tiffany entered the room with a teacher. They saw Jessica and Taeyeon on the ground. Both had their clothes a bit tattered by the sleeves and the ends.

 

"Tae!" Sunny made her way to Taeyeon's side. Taeyeon stirred for a bit.

 

"Uhh... What happened?" Sunny sighed in relief. Taeyeon was alright and that's all that mattered.

 

"You tell me. Tiffany and I heard explosions and we found the doors locked." She saw Taeyeon eyes widen and she raised her head a bit.

 

"How's Jessica?" She asked, catching a glimpse of Tiffany with Jessica and their teacher.

 

"There's a deep wound on her back but other than that, she seems fine."

 

"That's good..." Taeyeon last said before closing her eyes. Sunny hugged Taeyeon's form close to her.

 

Tiffany let Jessica's head to lay on her lap as their teacher call for the school doctor. She inspected the torn uniform. She could see Taeyeon's gym uniform was just about in the same condition. But Taeyeon's clothes were only a bit burned because of the explosions. Jessica's were torn and burned. Tiffany inspected the wound on Jessica's back. The tore on her uniform showed a portion of her . She traced her finger on the girl's back. Jessica groaned. This brought Tiffany back to her senses. She took her handkerchief and started wiping the girl's skin.

 

"Jessica... What happened?" She asked silently, not even sure if she was audible to anyone.

 

 

 

A couple of days later

 

Taeyeon was running late to school.

 

"I'm late!" She said as she ran along the town. When she was at the intersection, she found Jessica leaning behind a car.

 

"Do you need a ride?" Taeyeon heard Jessica ask.

 

"Hm. Yeah." Taeyeon nodded and got in the car. There were on their way to school. When Jessica told her about the incidents from yesterday.

 

"I told the teacher that the explosions were caused by the wiring malfunctions when it overheated. They don't suspect a thing."

 

"That's good."

 

"Hey... I'm planning on leaving for a while."

 

"Eh? Where to?"

 

"Just elsewhere. Yesterday... I lost control. I'll need to stay away for a while." They stopped in front of the school gates. Taeyeon got out of the car.

 

"I'll see you soon." Taeyeon nodded. She watched as Jessica drove off.

 

"Oh! Taeyeon, Good morning." Taeyeon turned at the mention of her name.

 

"Tiffany. Good morning." Taeyeon smiled at her. "Isn't Sunny with you?" She couldn't help but ask.

 

"Hehe... Why? You prefer to see her?" Tiffany teased.

 

"Eh?! No! I- you- I was just-" Tiffany laughed at Taeyeon's odd behavior.

 

"Calm down. Sunny went ahead of me this morning. I was up last night... thinking. Anyway, did Jessica just give you a ride?" She received a nod.

 

"Isn't she coming to school?"

 

"Yeah... She said she'll be going away for a while." Taeyeon said.

 

"Oh..." Taeyeon noticed that Tiffany's shoulders slumped a bit. She looked at Tiffany and saw her... upset?

 

"Um..." Taeyeon started. Tiffany looked at her and showed her a smile but for some reason, Taeyeon knows that the smile she was wearing... it wasn't a smile.

 

"Let's go to class. We don't want to be late." Tiffany said as she walked toward the school. Taeyeon followed after.

 

When they arrived at the classroom, Tiffany went in first. Taeyeon saw that Tiffany looked at an empty seat before proceeding to her own. Sunny came in the room.

 

"Good Morning, Taeyeon. Tiffany." Sunny said with her usual happy self and smile.

 

"Good Morning, Sunny." Taeyeon first said.

 

"Morning, Sunny." Tiffany said as she "smiled" at Sunny. Sunny knew immediately that something was troubling Tiffany. But instead of asking outright, she hugged her as a morning greeting and went to Taeyeon.

 

"What happened to her?" Sunny asked Taeyeon.

 

 

 

A/N: Hey guys. Two chapters in a row; dont miss it. Sorry if chapter five and this one are shorter than what I usually write. I actually have a plan for the next few chapters. I don't really know if I could add more or I'm just forgetting to add more details in each chapter. Omo! I'm starting to get rusty. Hehe. So anyway, I'm thinking about chapter seven right now.

 

Oh, thank you very much for the new subscribers. I noticed that they were a bit fluctuating but I'm still happy you guys read. And I have 45 now. Oh, I got around 150 total subscribers! I'm so happy. And thank you as well, Yume-Zatto for the subscription and upvote. ^^

 

I hope you continue to enjoy this story. Oh, does anyone know how to do the cover images? I want anyone out there to teach me. My sister's too busy and I don't even know if she knows how to. I just want to add some skills in my existence. Hehe. If it's not too much trouble, anyone, please talk to me about it.

 

See you guys on the next one. ^-^v