New Year, New Confusions

Miss Unromantic

Narration

Dara couldn’t sleep a wink that night as the kiss was still bothering her relentlessly. It had affected her more than she thought it would; it wasn’t her first kiss after-all and it was only because of that stupid mistletoe! Oh how much did she want to march to that café and strangle the manager for putting that silly thing on the door way! But the person she was the angriest with was herself, for reacting this way, for over-thinking it when she knew that it obviously didn’t even mean anything to Jiyong.  *He probably goes around kissing random girls all the time* she thought.

The next day, Dara woke up looking like she got into a fight and got two black eyes as a result. She walked around the whole day half-awake; performing her daily routines like a robot.

“What happened to you Dara? You look like !” Bom exclaimed.

“Thanks so much Bom. You always know how to make my day.” the girl replied drily.

“Did something happen between you and Jiyong?” the older girl guessed.

“Ani!” Dara denied, maybe a bit too quickly.

“Aha! I knew something happened! You looked so red when you got home! I just assumed that it was because it was cold outside.” Bom gushed, “I’m glad for you Dara, you’re finally getting over Woo Young!”

“YAH!” the brunette interrupted, “There is nothing between that playboy and I! And don’t you mention that @#*&’s name in this house!”

Bom bit her lips. *Guess Dara was still angry at her ex-boyfriend. But who wouldn’t be if they were in her shoes?*

“Ok, since nothing happened, there would be no reasons for you two to be awkward right?”

*It will be as awkward as a penguin eating a banana!* Sandara thought.

“It may be a bit…” she decided to be honest to her best friend.

“That’s too bad, because he will be your companion to TOP’s New Year party.” Bom revealed.

“Said who?!” Uh oh the rabbit is getting mad! “Over my dead body will I go with that guy after what happened!!”

“So something did happen! I knew it!” Bom excitedly did a fist pump.

“So what?! It was only because of the pathetic mistletoe.” Dara recalled with irritation.

“Look, just work it out with GD ok? It’s been a long time since any boy dared to pursue you. You always scare them off with either your iron fist or your sharp tongue. Shouldn’t you just try to get over you-know-who? If you keep being like this, it means that your ex won, because he got to you.”

Dara knew that her best friend was right. Even though Bom acted immaturely most of the time, deep inside she’s a really wise girl. However, she felt as though she can’t move on yet, her faith in the opposite gender has been shattered. She hates all good-looking boys that think they can play with the feelings of girls just because of their appearances… Bom’s voice interrupted Dara’s thoughts.

“Dara, go get presentable, the party starts at 8:30 p.m.!”

Sandara snaped out of it. She figured the only way she was going to be presentable was if she got some sleep. She took another nap until 6p.m. then she hurriedly showered and put on some light make-up. The beauty then picked out a knee-length black dress with a sprinkle of beads on the material.

Bom gave her an “ok” hand sign and then got her own dress: a fashionable pink gown which showed off her long legs.

Not long after, someone rang the doorbell. As expected, it was Seunghyung who was here to pick up Bom early because she was going to help him set up some of the party refreshments. Jiyong will be coming after an hour or so. So Dara decided to read a novel while waiting. However, for some reasons, the novel isn’t as interesting to her as usual. Instead of being fully immerged in the other world that a good book provided, the girl was constantly checking her watch impatiently while staring a hole through the door. With ten minutes until the party, GD still hasn’t turned up.

*Probably forgot all about me.* thought Dara dejectedly.

At 8:50, the door finally rang, though by that time Sandara has already changed out of her dress and into her comfy pyjamas and is watching T.V while eating chips. She opened the door expecting the pizza she just ordered only to see a guilty yet gorgeous looking Jiyong.

"Sorry I’m late, something came up."

Dara really couldn’t be bothered to get changed again, but since she already promised Bom that she will go to act as her backup, she dragged herself to her room redid her makeup and got dressed. When she came out, GD didn’t even try to be discreet as he stared at the beautiful girl in front of him. It made Dara tap her foot impatiently.

“Something on my face?” she asked bemused.

“Um, no.” Jiyong coughed awkwardly.

“Then let's go! We’re already late!”

The rest of the car ride was spent in silence. Both parties would occasionally glance at each other secretly. Dara admitted inwardly that Gdragon does look really good in his casual white v-neck t shirt, studded leather jacket and black baggy jeans, but she was also staring at him because she was mad at him for coming so late. Little did she know that he was late because he was trying on different outfits for the party to look good in front of her and lost track of time…

After 20 minutes Jiyong pulled up his Bentley in front of a large house. He went out of his seat and went over to open Dara’s car door. But the girl has only gotten out of the vehicle was heading for the house.

*It’s impossible to be romantic around this girl* GD thought while shaking his head hopelessly.

 

“Dara! You're finally here! I thought you and Jiyong ran off somewhere on your own!” Bom exclaimed after she opened the door while wiggling eyebrows meaningfully.

“I don’t know what you are talking about. This narcissistic prince here just decided to come after the party has already started.” Dara gestured towards GD and rolled her eyes.

For the rest of the night Bom dragged her around the place and making her socialise with many different groups of people. Soon Dara started to feel more comfortable and was thoroughly enjoying herself. However she can’t help but notice that Jiyong was getting an awful lot attention from many single girls at the party, and he seemed to be enjoying it, actively flirting up a storm. Dara felt the bile rising in , *what a player! Pretty boys, they’re all the same…*.

With five minutes until midnight, everyone was gathered at the large balcony at the front of the house which had the view of the annual firework show that would count down to midnight. Somehow, G-Dragon found his way next to Dara and wrapped an arm around her shoulder. The girl felt the hair on her neck stand on their ends and she reflexively elbowed the body that was invading her personal space and heard a grunt from a familiar voice. She turned around to GD who was looking at her accusingly, but she just stuck her tongue out and shrugged.

“Oops sorry, thought you were a ert. Oh wait a second…” Dara trailed off, leaving the guy to fill in the gaps.

“HA. HA. HA. Always so funny Dara.” GD replied dryly and slid his arm around her again.

But this time Sandara lets him because it is a bit cold out on the balcony and her thin jacket wasn’t doing a very good job of keeping the chilling wind out. Conveniently Jiyong’s arm was like a hot water bottle so Dara thought she might as well take advantage of the situation since the “ert” obvious wasn’t going to give up. With ten seconds until the New Year, the fireworks started going off. They spelt out numbers in the night sky as the party-goer started to count down along with it. The atmosphere was absolutely amazing. When the countdown reached 3, TOP suddenly called out, "has everybody found a partner?"

“YES!” shouted everybody except Dara.

*what in the world is going on??* Dara was very confused by what Seunghyun asked.

“THREE…TWO…ONE!!!” everyone shouted ecstatically.

Countless fireworks lighted the sky in brilliant colours. Which made the balcony bright enough for Dara to see that the couples around her were all kissing! Jiyong gave her a small smirk then met her lips with his… Perhaps the New Year atmosphere made Dara more relaxed or in her words “temporary insanity”, she started to kiss him back! Suddenly she remembered the scene where GD was flirting with almost every girl at the party and she shoved him away from her and stormed back inside the house wanting to leave the party ASAP after what has happened. Jiyong who was confused by her sudden actions and still reeling from the kiss, went after her.

“ Why are you acting like this?” He asked when he caught up to her outside, “This our second kiss already!”

“Oh please, don’t act like they mean anything to you. I saw the way you were seducing every female with a five metre radius from you! You know what? I don’t have the time to play your little mind games and I certainly don’t want to become one of your playthings either! So if you could please drive me home now, it’d be great!”

Jiyong had no choice but to drive Dara home, he could see that she was pissed. *Has she figured out my plan already?* he thought. He realised that Dara was certainly not an average girl, she has a lot more integrity and wisedom.

“Happy New Year!” Dara said sarcastically and got out of the car before walking briskly into her house.

The moment she shut the door, she collapsed on the floor in a daze trying to calm her heart that was still beating furiously from the kiss. *Why had she said that to him?*she thought, it was so rude and hurtful. He might have just been trying to be friendly to those other girls, she reasoned, he didn’t belong to her anyway, there was no reason to feel betrayed. Somehow during that kiss (though she would never admit she enjoyed it), she could tell something was a little off, she felt as if he had a motive for kissing her. It put her on edge, but maybe she was just really tired from staying up all night, she thought.

*Has she figured it out already?* Jiyong wondered as he drove back home.

“I don’t want o become one your playthings” she had said, but that was exactly how he treated her and he felt bad for it. Maybe it was time to cancel the plan he thought. Before it’s too late…

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sorry for not updating for so long! I was on holidays and it was hard to find time to update.

Hope you enjoyed this chapter. Please comment and subscribe! <3

HAPPY NEW YEAR ALL!!