Dark Horse

Miss Unromantic

Jiyong watched as Dara brought the drink close to her lips, oblivious to the mysterious substance that was slipped into her glass.

"No! Don't drink that!" he cried out just before the girl managed to take a sip.

 

"Why? You buy me my favourite drink, then you tell me that I can't drink it. What a bully." Dara scrunched up her nose in annoyance.

 

"I think someone may have put something in your drink." Jiyong warned.

 

"Oh puh-lease. Didn't I just say that nothing gets past me?" Dara waved the worried boy off casually.

 

"Please Dara! Just believe me for once!" When the girl still looked unconvinced, GD desperately snatched the beverage from her hand and gulped it down himself.

 

"I can't believe you just did that!", Dara's eyes widened, "If you wanted the drink just go buy one for yourself, jerk!" She started to beat Jiyong's shoulder half-heartedly with her small fists but stop adruptly when he collasped on to the counter.

So he was really telling the truth? Someone tried to drug me? Please tell me that this is joke, he just pretended to faint to make me feel bad right? Dara waited expectantly for Jiyong to get up and yell a triumphant: "Gotcha!"but after a minute, the boy was still as unmoving as a statue. Worry started to tug viciously at Sandara's insides.

"Bom! Something happened to Jiyong! I think he drank something that was spiked!"

 

"Oh dear! Tabi told me that he saw a suspicious guy putting pills into people's drinks before, he has just gone to confront him now. He is so brave, don't you think? Oh! Here he comes now!"

 

"I have already reported the creep to the police, but he told me it was just a normal sleeping pill, so GD will be fine, just take him home ok?" Top appeared next to Bom.

 

"Why can't you take him home?" Dara whined slightly.

 

"Because I have to take my girlfriend home. Duh!" Top poked his tongue out childishly which earned him a playful slap from Bom. With a wave, the older couple left Dara with a barely conscious GD.

 

"Why are those people my friends?" Dara sighed as she watched the topbom couple's retreating figures. How in the world was she supposed to get GD home?

With the help of a kind bouncer, Dara half-carried, half-dragged Jiyong to her motorcycle. After hoisting the boy onto the seat, Dara placed her helmet over her head and climbed on the bike. She wrapped the senseless boy's arms around her waist loosely while her face flamed flamboyantly. "Hold on." the girl managed to mumble before stepping on the accelerator.

With a faint purr, the silver motorcycle glided down the road, slithering between the light traffic. Jiyong instinctiveky, tightened his arms around the female rider's torso, afraid to slip and fall as she made twists and turns. Dara sped up slightly, she didn't know how much more of this close contact she could take. The frosty night air nipped at their faces as they rode against the direction of the wind. It blew at Dara's long brown locks listlessly, and they whipped lightly against her cheeks. Jiyong shivered and shuffled himself closer to the welcoming warmth of Dara's back. A chill ran down the surprised girl's spine, it felt as if someone had slipped an ice-tube down her shirt as a practical joke! She could feel Jiyong's heartbeat on her back, in sync with her own crazily beating one.

Fortunately for Dara, they arrived at the Kwon residence before the unconscious boy could drive her any further into lunacy. He was back-hugging her for almost the entire ride! She pressed the doorbell urgently, after what seemed like eternity, no one answered the door. Dara approached Jiyong who was still slumped on the motorcycle and slapped his face without warning. 

"Ouch!" The boy cupped his burning cheek in alarm.

 

"Sorry dude, didn't mean to hit that hard but I needed to wake you up. I don't think there's anyone in your house right now." Dara explained her actions sheepishly.

 

"Spare...K...key in t...the pot plant..." Jiyong managed to slur. Dara nodded understandingly and poked around a potted dwarf orange tree to find the key.

 

"Alright, I found the key. You can get in by yourself right?" Dara placed the key in the centre of Jiyong's palm and folded his fingers over it.

 

"Yeah sure... My room just up the stairs..."

 

The girl looked on in slight concerned as Jiyong wobbled and swayed towards his house. What if he falls down when he tries to climb the stairs? He might split his head open... 

 

She trudged her way towards the disorientated boy, "Aish! You know what, since I am such a good friend, I will help you up the stairs."

Jiyong gave her wonky grin of appreciation and the 'ice-tube down the shirt' feeling returned, making her shiver. Why am I feeling like this? Well I guess it is a pretty cold night. 

 

Dara draped the boy's arm over her shoulder and assisted him up the staircase. She was completely out of breath when they finally reacher their destination. She tucked the sheets firmly around the pale boy, he was shivering.

"Thanks again Jiyong, for what you did. I am sorry for not believing you. I would hate to think about what would have happened if you weren't there..." She smiled gratefully at the sleeping figure, without thinking, she leaned and brushed her lips against his cheek.

 

Alarmed with what she had just done, Dara hurried out of the boy's room, bounded down the stairs and slammed the door behind her own the way out of the house. GAAH! What in the world did you just do Dara?! Dara mentally slapped herself. Thank goodness he was already asleep. She thought in relief.

 

Or was he?

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

hello all my lovely readers and subbies!

Hope you enjoyed this chapter!

Please comment! I would really like to know your opinion of the story

And subscribe too hehe (if you haven't already XP)

Love, -adorateur- <3