Memories and Promises

Miss Unromantic

Narration

As soon as GD left her house, Dara released the tears of frustration that she had been holding in for the past hour.

Why now Woohyun? Just when I was about to forget you for good!

 

~2 years ago~

Dara was one of the most sought-after girl in EMS -Entertainment Middle School. Her beautiful appearance along with her cute, innocent aura, coupled with intelligence and kindness made her one of the most popular girl at school. You would think she would have many boys after her but the funny thing is, no one dared to openly confess to her or flirt with her, not that Dara minded. To them, Dara was angel sent from above and none of them would be worthy of her or up to her standards; so instead of getting their hearts trampled on, Dara's puppy squad were satisfied with only admiring the beauty from a distance.

It was a day that Sandara would never forget, the day that a guy first confidently flirted with her! It was also the day of the arrival of new student Im Yoona...

"Hey Sandara! Is it just me? Or do you look extra hot today?" Woohyun asked flirtatiously while winking at the girl. Normal people would probably be puking their stomachs out at his cheesiness. But to the naive and young Dara, it was romantic and brave for Woohyun to approach her like this when no one else had dared. Even so, she still doesn't really appreciate being called "hot".

For the next few weeks Woohyun continued to flirt up a storm with Dara, and for those few weeks, she felt loved. She wasn't sure if she loved him though; sure, she had always felt nervous when Woohyun was around, but none of that heart beating faster, butterfly in stomach stuff that the romance novels she read had described what love felt like. Dara had just assumed those things were just highly romantised and that she did indeed love Woohyun, not knowing that matters of the heart cannot be forced.

"Daraling," just another lame nickname that he had given her, " what do you think about going out with me?" Woohyun asked out of the blue one day. The people dotted throughout the corridor turned and stared, interested.

"..."

"Come on Daraling! I'm hot and so are you! We'd be the hottest couple in the school." He convinced, a bit too arrogantly for Dara's taste.

Again with the "h" word! Doesn't he know any other adjectives? Dara complained inwardly, but nonetheless she nodded, accepting Woohyun's request. Afterall she loved him... didn't she? The whole student  body chanted excitedly in the corridor: "KISS KISS KISS!!"

"We'd better give them what they want." Woohyun winked then swooped in for her lips. Unlike Jiyong's which were soft and warm, his lips were cold and hard, devoid of all feelings as he kissed Dara roughly. The girl had an urge to wipe her lips after the kiss ended, she didn't feel happy about the kiss unlike what she expected, and she was quite disappointed that her first kiss was to be a show in front half the school. The students clapped ethusiastically at the new "power-couple" created, all except the new student Yoona who had also become very popular due to her good-looks. She had a smile on her face that suggested that she knew something about the situation that Dara didn't and the latter couldn't help but feel a slight shiver from running down her spine.

"I will see you later Daraling." Woohyun said in a monotone and walked away, leaving a very confused Dara.

 

And so Dara and Woohyun continued their fairytale-like relationship. The thing about fairytales though, they aren't real...

To their classmates the WooRa couple (Woohyun+Dara) were like Snow White and Prince Charming, while in actual fact they were like Pinocchio and the Carpenter, except Dara isn't an old man, or related to Woohyun. Woohyun was the lying Pinocchio who wasn't a real man either, always out with Yoona while his girlfriend thought he was busy studing or looking after his grandma. Pff... as if!
While Dara grew more used the idea that Nam Woohyun was now her boyfriend, he became more distant. The girl found herself getting annoyed at how her boyfriend would always be hanging out with Yoona instead of spending time with her.

It was close to the graduation of middle school, and Woohyun had again cancelled their plans unapologetically, this time it was because he was "sick". So being the good girlfriend she was, she decided to bring some hot soup to his house to make him feel better. When she opened the door easily as she knew where he hid his spare key, only to find someone had beat her to it, Yoona was there cheering Woohyun up already.

*CRASH*

Dara dropped the soup in shock, causing Woohyun and Yoona to temporaily stop making-out.

"What are you doing here?" Yoona asked lazily, not even pretending to feel bad about being caught red-handed.


"I came to give my boyfriend some soup because I thought he was sick! But you are obviously fine Woohyun!" Dara rebutted, too shocked to even cry.

"About that... I'm not your boyfriend! I'm not your anything!" Woohyun said mercilessly, "I don't love you! I never did! So leave me alone!"

Dara bit her lips hard, she wouldn't give them the satisfaction of seeing her cry.

" So it was all a cruel charade from beginning to end?!" Dara asked bravely, "Don't you have anything better to do with your life than to play this childish and heartless prank on innocent people?!"

"Well in the beginning he did flirt with you for real but then I told him that if he can get you to be his girlfriend, then I would consider going out with him. You see, he was much more interested in me!" Yoona explained

"How could you do this to me Woohyun? Why didn't you just break it off the moment Yoona agreed to go out with you?" Dara was angry and confused by the explanation.

"Well, I'd rather be with Yoona, she's so much more exciting and hot than you are. But you are good for showing off because you're the most popular girl at school. So I'm just keeping you as a cover." Woohyun answered without showing any guilt as if their whole relationship was just a business deal to him, which it is.

"I see now...", Dara turned to leave, but before she stepped out the front door, she had the last word: " Hey BOOhyun! If you know what's good for you, you'll never show your face in front of me again!! See you around Yoona, FYI (for your information), you two slime bags deserve each other." Satisfied with the two's shocked faces, Dara slammed the door and left.

After she got home that day, Dara allowed her facade to crumble and cried herself to sleep without eating dinner. The next day when she got up she decided that, she was better off without Woohyun, she hated him now, and all other manipulative pretty boys. She was no longer going to be the naive Dara that believes in love at first sight, not that it was love at first sight with Woohyun. She would be more careful now, more suspecting, less gullible, less weak, and no more crying over useless b*stards.  Above all, she was going to become a bigger and wiser person, so she could put this messy heartbreak behind her and move on with her life.
Those are the promises she had made to herself.

 

~ Present ~

Dara sobbed as she recalls the memories of her first love. It wasn't love at all! she realised, I was just convincing myself that I loved him because I thought he felt that way towards me! I must have seemed so desperate, since no one else was pursuing me. Even that playboy Dragon had a hidden agenda for flirting with me! Am I really such an unlovable troll? Dara cried harder as the negative thoughts swirled in her head. Her promise about not crying over jerks anymore temporaily forgotten.

 

Little did she know that Jiyong was still outside wanting to make sure that Woohyun didn't come back to bother Dara again, and heard her crying.

So you are still hurt by that b*stard! Don't worry Dara, as your friend I'll make sure no one ever hurt you again! I promise...

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A:N

Kinda sad chapter eh? But I wanted to let you guys know why Woohyun and Dara broke up.

 

Hope you enjoyed this chappie all my lovely readers and subbies!

More couple moments soon!!

Please comment and subscribe (if you haven't already)! ^-^

Love, -Adorateur- <3